crewe, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
  1. Inflation

There is nothing that describes inflation more than those big bags of crisps that you can buy practically everywhere.

A lovely large bag that you open up to find loads of air and contents equal to those a small bag used to be!

2. YOUR COMMENTS:

3. Seems you're not the only one

A little bit of strong language, but fun, nontheless.

4. Argh, first link didn't work

http://tinyurl.com/9rawod2

i'll try this

5. haha, that is a funny letter to walkers

It was only the other week, we bought a 6 pack of the new "Walkers Deep Ridged" crisps.
    Every pack was pretty similar to that of the photo in the link above.

If we had opened all 6 bags at once, I would have no doubt that the contents of all 6 bags would have fit inside 1 of the bags.

A couple of days later, the new "Walkers Deep Ridged" crisps were on Watchdog, for the very same reason.

Nice crisps, but for less than half a pack, the price should be halved

6. Same with the Walkers Magic Stars. They have half of the fat in them because you get half of the crisps. You're lucky if you get more than 10 in the packet.

7. Quote Originally Posted by desiree111 View Post
    There is nothing that describes inflation more than those big bags of crisps that you can buy practically everywhere.

A lovely large bag that you open up to find loads of air and contents equal to those a small bag used to be!
    Why use one word when you can use 10

8. Mars Bars

Quote Originally Posted by desiree111 View Post

I seem to remember Mars Bars and Marathons being much larger than they are now!

9. Quote Originally Posted by desiree111 View Post

I wouldn't call it inflation though, this is more like nasty tricks by the retail world.

10. Inflation is the rising of prices of goods increasingly and this has been a problem of many economies for long time. So, not interesting topic.

11. The reason for inflation is that there are more money produced by the central banks than goods in the economy. If there are no fresh money, the increasing economy of the UK will make things cost less and less (deflation).

By the way, on the subject of crisps, it's mainly a marketing thing with the big bag. However, it's also done so that as many pieces stay intact instead of becoming crumbs.

12. Inflation is extremely annoying. I once threw a party and I bought about 20 packets, they could hardly fill 2 bowls it was extremely disappointing.

13. Thank you for posting amazing content. https://oneworldrental.com/

14. Inflation is an increase

Inflation is an increase in the general price level of an economy, generally measured by the change in the Consumer Price Index .. 24hwritemyessays.com

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Crewe / North West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Crewe

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in crewe
Replacement Stove Glass in crewe
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
crewecrewe News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)