crewe, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
  1. Jim Bowen has died

Broadcaster and comedian Jim Bowen, best known for hosting darts-based game show Bullseye in the 1980s and '90s, has died at the age of 80.

His wife Phyllis confirmed the news to BBC Radio Lancashire.

The former deputy headmaster, who lived in North Lancashire, began his career as a stand-up comedian on the club circuit in the 1960s.

He became a household name when he began presenting Bullseye in 1981. The Sunday tea time show ran for 14 years.

It attracted 17.5 million viewers at its peak and involved three pairs of contestants - with a "thrower", who would throw the darts, and a "knower", who would answer general knowledge questions.

Bullseye's prizes included cars and speedboats
    Bowen became known for catchphrases including "Super, smashing, great", "You can't beat a bit of Bully!" and "Let's look at what you could have won".

Another favourite phrase - "keep out of the black and in to the red, nothing in this game for two in a bed" - referred to the segments of the darts board that the players had to hit.

His warm-hearted and quick-witted rapport with the contestants was a big part of the show's appeal.

Bowen became Bullseye host after appearing on ITV show The Comedians, alongside the likes of Frank Carson, Russ Abbott and Bernard Manning.

He also had a number of TV acting roles, including in Muck and Brass, Jonathan Creek, The Grimleys, and as Hoss Cartwright in the second series of Peter Kay's Phoenix Nights.

2. YOUR COMMENTS:

3. It is so sad!

4. oho very sad

5. Jim Bowen

It was really a heark breaking news. I grow up watching his shows and now he is gone. I got to know about this sad news when I was in the communication with coursework writers for an academic purpose. He told me about this news. Rest in peace sir!

6. Nice article, but i already seen it https://www.youtube.com

7. It is so hard writing about those things. Can't even imagine. How are you dealing with that? I can’t write even my resume, not telling about such texts. Resume writing obligatory is the only thing that stops me, to be honest. I know that I can ask guys from some writing company to write it for me, but I am not quite sure. You looks as a skillful writer, what can you can about best paper writing service ?

8. Unhappy recollections

Although I'm not a great admirer of various TV shows, I know this man, and I can definitely agree that his shows are great. It is always very sad when something happens to one of your favorite artists...

dissertation results writing services

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Crewe / North West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Crewe

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in crewe
Replacement Stove Glass in crewe
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
crewecrewe News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)