crewe, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
  1. Parcel scam...........

Seen this on Facebook peeps so just be aware....Attachment 117872

2. YOUR COMMENTS:

3. ''A PhonepayPlus statement reads: We are aware that a chain email about an alleged postal scam is being circulated on the internet. The email refers to the Royal Mail, Trading Standards and ICSTIS (PhonepayPlus' former name).
    'PhonepayPlus appreciates that recipients of the e-mail may want to find out more information about the alleged scam, but would like to reassure consumers that the e-mail is outdated and no longer poses a threat.
    'The chain e-mail refers to a service operating on the premium rate number 0906 661 1911. This service was actually shut down by PhonepayPlus (then called ICSTIS) in December 2005. At that time, PhonepayPlus fined the Belize-based company behind the service £10,000.
    'PhonepayPlus can confirm that the service is no longer running and has not been running since December 2005, so you do not need to contact PhonepayPlus, or the Royal Mail, about this service as it was stopped almost six years ago.'

Read more: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/e...#ixzz2CtCIBzry
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

4. That scam is older than me,..........erhm!!!!!! perhaps an exaggeration, but I would also check the number they advise to ring for reporting purposes.

Royal mail are not in a position to do anything about a scam of this nature.

Reported by: Stupot
    Quote Originally Posted by minivari View Post
    I would also check the number they advise to ring for reporting purposes.

6. I hate scammers!

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Crewe / North West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Crewe

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in crewe
Replacement Stove Glass in crewe
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
crewecrewe News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)