crewe, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
FirstFirst ...
-->
  1. It took them a long time to drag The Bill into the 21st century. I'd really started to enjoy this series again, with its up to date production methods, believable characters and, relevant story lines. I'd like to see it back again.

2. YOUR COMMENTS:

3. The Kenny Everett Video Show.

*sigh*

4. Yep - agree with Smythe - Spitting Image .

5. Just scrolled thro' - I'm amazed that no-one has said Morecombe & Wise !!
    I see it is being re-run on GOLD at the moment, but I can't get that !
    Anyone recording it ??

6. Not going back too far, but, I loved ER, especially the Clooney years.

7. It's probably 20 years ago that this kids' programme was first shown.

The World of Peter Rabbit and Friends was written by Dianne Jackson director of the fantastic 1982 Christmas animation The Snowman. She was credited as series director.

I wished she had gone on to write and direct more of the Beatrix Potter "Tales" books than the wonderful nine episodes that she did.

Sadly Dianne died of cancer in 1992 and no further episodes to my knowledge were made.

I would love to see the remaining books filmed today in much the same way as they were two decades ago.

The acting, the animation and the haunting song sung over the final credits (below) by South African songstress Miriam Stockley add to the misty-eyed charm of a more innocent time long gone.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oXEHA6-5J-M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Classic kids' television.

Scratch that.

Just classic television!

8. The show I would love to see a re-run of is....

The Beverly Hillbillies.

This show had it all for me as a kid. Jed with his whittling. Ellie May with that smile etc etc.....even the theme tune was fantastic!

If they put all the episodes on today I'd sit there with a big grin and enjoy every single minute.

Top show.

9. Programmes likely or not to return.

They're making a new version of Sapphire and Steel, it's in the early writing stages yet and is being written by Neil Cross, the man behind the Idris Elba fronted drama, Luther.
    I don't know who they'd get for the main 2 parts, Joanna Lumley and David McCallum were brilliant at it and it's somehow remained an iconic sci fi drama series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC8Gb56X_p8

10. nice post

11. Out

Quote Originally Posted by Retrothread2001 View Post
    OUT, 1978/9 Thames Television drama about guy who comes out of prison and wants to find the people who grassed him up. I have not seen this in years.
    The character's name was Frank Ross, he was played by Tom Bell...
    I vaguely remember it being shown on a Monday night in the slot that The Sweeney used to occupy at 9pm

12. Great... good to know about that!

FirstFirst ...

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Crewe / North West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Crewe

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in crewe
Replacement Stove Glass in crewe
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
crewecrewe News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)