crewe, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
1 LastLast
-->
  1. Window Cleaning - How Often?

We have our windows cleaned once a month.

How often do people have their cleaned? Just wondering.

2. YOUR COMMENTS:

3. I think it's every fortnight, not sure really. It's only about £4 a go though.

4. Every three months for me. They do such a good job they don't really need doing any more often anyway.

5. Quote Originally Posted by jet View Post
    Every three months for me. They do such a good job they don't really need doing any more often anyway.
    Every 4 weeks for £6

6. Every 4 weeks for £8, but for that they also clean the upvc surrounds & the 2 doors. Worth every penny. However I confess to cleaning the insides on a morning like this when the sun shines & I see how dirty they are!

7. May be its because we live in the city that our windows get so dirty, so its every two weeks for us, £7 pound for inside and out, that's 9 windows and 1french door. cheap at the price.

8. Every 4 weeks , although thanks to yesterdays wind and rain I could barely see out of the lounge window so I may just need to do that one myself. And I think I'm being overcharged, £9 for just the outside not inc. doors and they can't reach the top ones at the back, so five windows in all

9. We don't have window cleaners where I live, so the outside only gets done as and when we get the energy! I keep on top of the inside on a regular basis. In the Winter the outside doesn't get done at all. We've got 14 windows in all, and another 4 in the basement. I would willingly pay someone to do the outside if I could.

10. Every 6 weeks and it costs us £10 :-(

11. Quote Originally Posted by seivad View Post
    We don't have window cleaners where I live, so the outside only gets done as and when we get the energy! I keep on top of the inside on a regular basis. In the Winter the outside doesn't get done at all. We've got 14 windows in all, and another 4 in the basement. I would willingly pay someone to do the outside if I could.
    We have a dozen windows, two that cover virtually the whole living room "wall" (about 18sq. m. or so in size) , and we don't have cleaners here either. Cleaning windows in minus 15-20 degrees C in the winter is out of the question. Outside windows get cleaned early November (with Christmas in mind), and as part of the Spring Cleaning when the snow thaws and I can get at 'em, and once during the summer. Inside, whenever the wife starts to complain about the way they look. It's easier to clean them than to listen to her complaints time and time again.

12. Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    We have our windows cleaned once a month.

How often do people have their cleaned? Just wondering.
    We have our windows cleaned every two weeks or atleast once a month. Sometimes i cleaned it myself.

13. I live in swanage ☺

Quote Originally Posted by seivad View Post
    We don't have window cleaners where I live, so the outside only gets done as and when we get the energy! I keep on top of the inside on a regular basis. In the Winter the outside doesn't get done at all. We've got 14 windows in all, and another 4 in the basement. I would willingly pay someone to do the outside if I could.
    Im a painter by trade but i could certainly clean some windows , ☺

14. How often? That really depends on where you live.
    For me once a month is perfectly fine. The guy charges 2£/ per window but cleans them inside and out and also covers the seals with some kind of silicone wax for extra protection.

15. I have had a few window cleaners over the years. My preference is once a month, partly due to living near the promenade and my windows are forever being hit by sand, especially when the wind has been a'blowing.

I have a young lad doing them at the moment and he does an ok job.. not the best, not the worst. The best is town in my opinion is Paul Ellams... he cant be faulted, he gets into the corners and does a proper job but he is away so often that once a month is a bit much to ask of him unfortunately. Personal preference is everything.

Don't forget, Window Cleaning is one of the most dangerous jobs in the world. Worth paying for a good job... lots of cowboys.
    Last edited by TownieChap; 06/06/2019 at 01:57 AM. Reason: miss-spelling of 'forever'.

16. My wife is cleaning them once in every two months, i think. That's fine.

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Crewe / North West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Crewe

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in crewe
Replacement Stove Glass in crewe
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
crewecrewe News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)