UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found

1. Published on: 21/04/2017 10:04 AMReported by: roving-eye

At yesterday’s Board Meeting the first item on the agenda was the future position of the Club going forward.It was confirmed by Charlie Clapham that Sam Shrouder, Haydn Preece and David Barron would stand down as Directors at the end of the Clubs Financial year end the 30th June 2017.

As Chairman I confirmed that I would step down with immediate effect (21st April 2017) Sam Shrouder will also step down with immediate effect whilst both Sam & I have personal reasons for resigning our positions, the recent attacks that have appeared on social media and in the press and media following the open meeting of the Trust in Yellow and supporters has meant our position is untenable therefore we take our decisions with heavy hearts but in the best interests of Southport Football Club in the short and hopefully long term.

Haydn Preece shares the same views in regards to the vitriol and ridicule that has been aimed at the club and himself personally, David Barron has been shocked by a section of the supporters by the behaviour towards myself and the Board.

Nigel Allen and Liam Watson are considering their positions, Nigel has agreed to act as Interim Chairman until the 30th June 2017 during which time the Board will seek a meeting with the Trust in Yellow Board to establish their views for the future as the call for change has come from them following the Open Meeting.

The Board will urgently seek to establish any level of interest in bringing in investors who may wish to take a controlling interest in the ownership of the Club.

I would like to place on record my thanks to Sam, Haydn & David and my family for their support towards me over the many years they have worked with me, I would also like to thank Ken Hilton along with all volunteers and supporters who over the last 35 years have treated me with respect “Thank You.”

The Board will work diligently over the coming weeks to find an outcome that will ensure the security & sustainability of your football club.

On behalf of the Board

Charlie Clapham MBE

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk

Your Comments:

3. jonnybgood says:21/04/2017 10:34 AM
    Yeehah ! And about time,should have done that about 10 years ago,at least,when the team where starting to go downhill,then something that CC could possibly have done something about,but did.nt,hence where the club are now.

4. Lamparilla says:21/04/2017 10:43 AM
    He still owns the club, though, so he's effectively in the same position as Abramovich at Chelsea.

5. Badboy says:21/04/2017 12:25 PM
    Yipppppppppeeeeeeeee

Bye bye bye bye, bye bye bye bye

6. Ralphy Rylance says:21/04/2017 12:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamparilla View Post
    He still owns the club, though, so he's effectively in the same position as Abramovich at Chelsea.
    He only owns around 20%

7. Lamparilla says:21/04/2017 01:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralphy Rylance View Post
    He only owns around 20%
    Who owns the other 80%? They must be Clapham fans or they'd have voted him out before now, so as long as CC keeps them onside, presumably they'll still control the money.

I can't imagine we're talking about huge sums of money here, though. The problem has been Clapham's refusal to sell, but he seems to have finally given in.

8. theskinners says:21/04/2017 01:13 PM
    The best news since sliced bread was introduced

9. cpo says:21/04/2017 01:14 PM
    The Board will urgently seek to establish any level of interest in bringing in investors who may wish to take a controlling interest in the ownership of the Club.

Why?? According to posters on previous threads there are loads of rich folks in Southport ready to take the club on. Hold on...just looked out my window, no long lines down Haig Avenue yet :)

10. abbeyroad says:21/04/2017 01:40 PM
    If you're head of an institution and that institution consistently fails over a prolonged period of time then your moral duty is to step down. Stepping down with good grace is a bonus but that was always going to be too much for a self serving, self pitying, arrogant man like Charlie Clapham. Good riddance to him.

I have no idea what will happen now but it has been to all intents and purposes a club that has been treading water for years. Even if SFC doesn't attract someone with pots of money it would be nice to have an individual with ambition, integrity and some honesty at the helm. The secrecy that prevailed under Clapham's tenure was nothing short of an insult to the paying public.

11. Ralphy Rylance says:21/04/2017 02:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamparilla View Post
    Who owns the other 80%? They must be Clapham fans or they'd have voted him out before now, so as long as CC keeps them onside, presumably they'll still control the money.

I can't imagine we're talking about huge sums of money here, though. The problem has been Clapham's refusal to sell, but he seems to have finally given in.
    Sam Shrouder owns just over 30% so between them they own a majority.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...filing-history
    Shareholders listed there - in the document dated 28/06/16
    Charlies owns around 20%

Both are stepping down from the board.
    The supporters trust are the 3rd biggest shareholder but aren't on the board.
    Some directors own just £100 worth of shares.

I take it all those who said they'd return to watch the club once Clapham goes will be at Tranmere tomorrow and Haig Avenue next week.

12. Badboy says:21/04/2017 05:04 PM
    Won't be at Tranmere tomorrow due to work Commitments, But i'll return on Tuesday night at Prescot Cables to Cheer Southport Fc on to their First Trophy POST CLAPHAM. The futures bright, the futures not Charlie.
    this would be a greaway to show both Charlie Clapham and any potential Investor how big our support is (or at least used to be) if everyone who has stopped going made he short trip for a county cup final.

13. paulollie says:21/04/2017 09:14 PM
    Some have reported on here that a number of "wealthy" people are waiting in the wings to invest in the club. Well the wings are bloody well open now so put your money where your mouth is!!! I wait with baited breath.

14. dexie says:22/04/2017 10:20 AM
    No backers, little income can only mean one thing unless the fans buy out and take over the club. Evostick Premier the following year

15. dexie says:22/04/2017 07:15 PM
    Now let’s see,

Excluding cash in bank back to shareholders if they decide which they would if the company sold its shares, the company that owns Southport football club has a Nett Asset Value (NAV) according to 2016 final accounts of around £362k.
    Quite what the NAV is up for debate as the club does not even own the ground therefore close scrutiny of the accounts would be required.

I’d suspect revenue returns are only advertising and gate receipts being the biggest earner, minor sales are irrelevant.

Therefore an offer of £150k for the club would be a decent starting point.

Let’s see how many takers there are at that price. I certainly would not make an offer based on the NAV. Count me out as football is not a business to make money in, it’s a hobby and hobbies don’t pay.

Look forward to the next sugar daddy who wants a play thing.

16. grassroots says:23/04/2017 07:22 AM
    Best thing that has happened to Sfc for year , Clapham is no more than self righteous, snide , if he were a man he'd have done one years ago .
    GOOD RIDDANCE TO BAD RUBBISH , NOW THE CLUB NEEDS SOMEON TO BUY HIS SHARES , THEN RUN HIM OUT OF TOWN .
    Despicable individual .
    The club should also get rid of these past presidents who do noting for the club .
    They are just hanger on POMPOUS BAS*****.

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK /
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in UK
Replacement Stove Glass in UK
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
UKUK News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)
UK MasksUK Face MasksUK KN95 MasksUK Disposable MasksUK Hand SanitiserUK Hand SanitizerUK PPEUK Bathroom SuppliesUK Cheap BathroomsUK Discount BathroomsUK Bathroom SalesUK Bathroom SuitesUK Bathroom TapsUK Basin TapsUK Bath TapsUK Kitchen TapsUK Free Standing Bath TapsUK Bath Mixer TapUK Bidet TapsUK Shower EnclosuresUK Bi Fold Shower DoorsUK Corner ShowersUK Pivot Shower DoorsUK Sliding Shower DoorsUK Shower Side PanelsUK Quadrant ShowersUK Shower TraysUK Wet-RoomsUK Bathroom ShowersUK Showers ValvesUK Showers RailsUK Showers HeadsUK Showers ArmsUK Showers HandsetsUK Showers JetsUK Showers ElbowsUK Toilet SeatsUK ToiletsUK BasinsUK Basin WastesUK Combined Toilet BasinUK Bathroom FurnitureUK BathsUK L Shaped BathUK P Shaped BathUK Bath ScreensUK SanitarywareUK Combined Toilet BasinUK StovesUK Wood StovesUK Home StovesUK Cooker StovesUK Enamel StovesUK Designer StovesUK Contemporary StovesUK Multi Fuel StovesUK Car ServicingUK MOTgUK TyresUK Car BatteryUK ExhaustUK Journalist JobsUK Reporter JobsUK Writing JobsUK Freelance WriterUK Self Employed JobsUK Franchise BusinessUK Franchise OpportunitiesUK Car InsuranceUK Cheap Car InsuranceUK Car Insurance BrokersUK Driving SchoolsUK Driving LessonsUK Driving TestUK Driving Theory TestUK Driving Instruction, 0000 UK Driving Instructor, 0000 UK VouchersUK DealsUK MatalanUK Railway SleepersUK Reclaimed SleepersUK New SleepersUK CoalUK House CoalUK Household CoalUK Smokeless CoalUK Smokeless FuelUK Coal BagsUK FirewoodUK Fire WoodUK Kiln Dried HardwoodUK Kiln Dried LogsUK Logs For SaleUK Log SuppliesUK LogsUK Firewood LogsUK Seasoned LogsUK Hardwood LogsUK Firewood SuppliersUK Firewood Log SuppliersUK Firewood Dumpy BagsUK Firewood CratesUK Cheap FirewoodUK Homefire LogsUK Cheap Firewood LogsUK Kindle ConesUK Pizza Oven LogsUK Heating OilUK Home Heating OilUK Red DieselUK White DieselUK KereseneUK Commercial FuelsUK Calor GasUK Propane GasUK Butane GasUK Heating GasUK Horse TrainingUK Horse TrainerUK Horse WhispererUK Equine WhispererUK Horse Whisperer Victoria SmithUK Rattan Garden FurnitureUK Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan SofaUK Rattan Dining SetUK Rattan DirectUK Cheap Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan Corner SofasUK Rattan Day BedsUK Rattan Sun LoungersUK Rattan Cube SetsUK Rattan Bistro SetsUK ChimeneasUK FirepitsUK Patio HeatersUK Hygiene VendingUK Washroom VendingUK Air FreshenersUK Air CareUK Aerosol SystemsUK Gel SystemsUK Water SavingUK Urinal Water SavingUK Eco CapsUK SensaflushUK Water ManagementUK Urinal DosingUK Urinal V ScreensUK Legionella Risk AssessmentUK Legionella Risk TestingUK Legionaires Risk AssessmentUK Legionella BacteriaUK Legionaires BacteriaUK Legionella ComplianceUK Legionella AdviceUK Legionella Landlords AdviceUK Legionella TestingUK Legionella CheckUK Legionella RegulationsUK Legionella Risk Assessment For LandlordsUK Legionella Water TestingUK Legionella QuoteUK Fire Stove GlassUK Heat Resistant GlassUK Fire GlassUK Stove GlassUK Fire Resistant GlassUK Replacement Stove GlassUK Glass For StovesUK Dust MatsUK Entrance MatsUK Reception MatsUK Anti Fatigue MatsUK Floor MatsUK Logo MatsUK London Washroom ServicesUK London Sanitary BinsUK London Shredding ServicesUK London Trade Waste DisposalUK London Legionella TestingUK London Clinical WasteUK Washroom ServicesUK Principal WashroomsUK Washrooms SuppliesUK Washrooms SolutionsUK Sanitary DisposalUK Sanitary BinsUK Sani BinsUK Lady BinsUK Feminine Hygiene UnitsUK Sanitary Waste DisposalUK Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Waste BinUK Sanitary Waste BinsUK Sanitary UnitsUK Feminine UnitsUK Hygiene ServicesUK Sanitary Bin SupplierUK Sanitary Bin RentalUK Sanitary Bin Rental ServicesUK Sanitary BinUK SanitarybinUK Feminine Hygiene BinsUK Female Santary BinUK Sani binUK Sani binsUK Sanibin RentalUK Sanitary BoxUK Sanitary BoxesUK Sanitary Bin QuoteUK Sanitary Bin PriceUK Sanitary Bin CostUK Sanitary Disposal QuoteUK Sanitary Disposal PriceUK Sanitary Disposal CostUK Free Duty of CareUK Tampon BinUK Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Tampon BinUK Sanitary Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Towel BinUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Feminine WasteUK Feminine Hygiene WasteUK Sanitary Waste RegulationsUK Sanitary Waste LawUK Sanitary Bins LawUK Sanitary Bins For Small BusinessUK Sanitary Bin Service CostUK Sanitary Bin Collection CostUK Disposal of Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Sanitary Towel DisposalUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK Biomass WasteUK Metal WasteUK Paper ShreddingUK Local ShreddingUK Secure ShreddingUK Confidential ShreddingUK Document DestructionUK Confidential WasteUK Confidential Waste ServiceUK Confidential Waste ServicesUK Confidential Waste ShreddingUK Confidential Waste DisposalUK Confidential Waste DestructionUK On Site ShreddingUK Off Site ShreddingUK One Off ShreddingUK Contract ShreddingUK GDPR ShreddingUK ShreddingUK Document ShreddingUK Shredding ServicesUK Mobile ShreddingUK Dental WasteUK Dental Waste DisposalUK Dental Waste LegislationUK Dental Waste ComplianceUK Accupuncture WasteUK Accupuncture Waste DisposalUK Accupuncture Waste CollectionAccupuncture Waste in UKAccupuncture Waste Disposal in UKAccupuncture Waste Collection in UKUK Acupuncture WasteUK Acupuncture Waste DisposalUK Acupuncture Waste CollectionUK Acupuncture Waste ServiceUK Acupuncture Clinical WasteUK Acupuncture SharpsUK Acupuncture NeedlesUK Beauty Salon Clincical WasteUK Beauty Salon MicrobladingUK Beauty Salon NeedlesUK Beauty Salon SharpsUK Tattoo WasteUK Tattoo Waste DisposalTattoo Waste in UKTattoo Waste Disposal in UKTattoo Waste Collection in UKTattoo Waste Compliance in UKTattoo Waste Services in UKTattoo Clinical Waste in UKTattoo Sharps in UKTattoo Needles in UKUK Sharps BinUK Sharps BinsUK Sharps CollectionUK Sharps DisposalUK Hazardous SharpsUK Non Hazardous SharpsUK Cytotoxic SharpsUK Cytostatic SharpsUK Ink BlockUK Wet_WasteUK Tattoo InkUK Drug DestructionUK Drug DisposalUK Drug DenaturingUK Unwanted DrugsUK Out Of Date DrugsUK Pest ControlUK Rodent ControlUK Bird ControlUK Bird ProofingUK Guano ControlUK Pest Call OutUK Pest PreventionUK Pest DeterrentUK Nursery WasteUK Nappy WasteUK Nappy BinUK Nappy BinsUK Nappy DisposalUK Nappy Wheelie BinUK Nursery Waste DisposalUK Nursery Waste CollectionUK Nappy Waste RegulationsUK Commercial Nappy WasteUK Nappy Disposal BinUK Nappy Waste CollectionUK Incontinence PadsUK Offensive WasteUK Human WasteUK Nursing Home WasteUK Care Home WasteUK Hazardous WasteUK Infectous WasteUK Pharmaceutical WasteUK Medicinal WasteUK Medicine WasteUK Infection ControlUK Hand SanitisersUK Clinical WasteUK Clinical Waste RemovalUK Clinical Waste CollectionUK Clinical Waste RegulationsUK Clinical Waste DisposalUK Clinical Waste ManagementUK Clinical Waste PolicyUK EA RegistrationSell my scrap van in UKWashroom Services in TarletonSanitary bins quoteGarden Services in SouthportGarden Services in OrmskirkGarden Services in FormybGarden Services in TarletonUK Path GravelUK Path GravelsUK GravelUK GravelsUK Garden Path GravelUK Decorative GravelsUK Cotswold GravelUK Bulk AggregatesUK Mass AggregatesUK Aggregates SuppliersUK Aggregate SuppliersUK Bulk Bags AggregatesUK Bulk BagsUK Mot Type 1UK Mot Type 2UK Top SoilUK Building SandUK Grit SandUK Fine SandUK Play SandUK Top Dressing SandUK Silica SandUK Mersey SandUK Kiln Dried SandUK Plastering SandUK Crusher RunUK DustUK BallestUK HardcoreUK GritUK Horticultural GritUK Alpine GritUK LimestoneUK GraniteUK Cotswold ChippingsUK Golden FlintUK MoonstoneUK Pea GravelUK Cheshire PinkUK Yorkshire CreamUK Derbyshire Peak StoneUK Green BallastUK Autumn GoldUK Pink GravelUK Blue SlateUK Plum SlateUK Grey SlateUK Welsh SlateUK Play BarkUK Chip BarkUK Christmas TreesUK Xmas TreesUK Artificial TreeUK Christmas Decorations