UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Poppy pins

Poppy pins

I have seen people wearing a small metal poppy pin badge in the lapel of their jackets. Does anyone know where you can buy these?

Quote Originally Posted by chrismatt. View Post
    I have seen people wearing a small metal poppy pin badge in the lapel of their jackets. Does anyone know where you can buy these?
    You can buy them on E bay, about 1

I got one last year from the official poppy sellers in the town centre. If you buy from Ebay, just make sure the money goes to the British Legion and not into some money grabbing scrotes pocket.

Sea cadets (and others) will be out next weekend selling poppies round town and they do have these, but not many. My boys will be in Asda selling them on Sat and sun
    they're coming to take me away ha ha

Doesn't being able to buy metal badges defeat the object of raising money each year for the charity?
    I may be old but I ain't stupid..!!!
    http://www.sdlbl.btck.co.uk
    Clipart

Quote Originally Posted by pedoja View Post
    Doesn't being able to buy metal badges defeat the object of raising money each year for the charity?
    They have the year printed on them.

Tesco have been selling them, I buy one every year. Previously it was just the red poppy, then they added a leaf. Not sure when they started but they have got the year on them now. I forgot it was already on my coat and put it in the washing machine, luckily it came out ok

Asda had them last week 2. You can get them on the British Legion website for 2.99. If you speak nicely to a street collector and put more than 1 in his box he will be happy :-)

The Tourist Info desk at The Atkinson have them. They also have the wristbands etc

Poppy pins

Quote Originally Posted by chrismatt. View Post
    It's sad! I prefer the poppy!

I bought mine this year from M&S where part of the cost goes direct to the Poppy appeal

Quote Originally Posted by desiree111 View Post
    like.

Quote Originally Posted by desiree111 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rosi View Post
    like.

+ 1

I imagine people who buy a
    Lapel badge also buy a poppy as well. I always buy both and a cross to place at the monument gardens. This year I am also purchasing a poppy charm to wear on a neckchain.

Quote Originally Posted by pedoja View Post
    They should be a fiver.
    The following years... Just put money in the boxes.
    "POLITICIANS AND NAPPIES SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON"

Custom Search