southport, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
1 LastLast
    Likes / Dislikes

Health Bowel cancer testing kit

Hating all things medical just done my Bowel Cancer screening test.

Have you done yours?

Now filled with trepidation awaiting the result.

Just talking about medical matters makes me go weak at the knees.

Call or text roving-eye with your news 07530 315 478 or email timj@qnews.co.uk

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by roving-eye View Post
    Hating all things medical just done my Bowel Cancer screening test.

Have you done yours?

Now filled with trepidation awaiting the result.

Just talking about medical matters makes me go weak at the knees.

You did the right thing, better to check now thhan when too late.
    Please be aware that due to visual impairment I will occasionally post typos in error.

Likes / Dislikes
    UK bowel cancer screening programmes

At the moment, the bowel cancer screening programme in every UK country uses the FOBT test.

England
    If you are aged between 60 and 74, you will be invited to take part in bowel cancer screening every two years.
    If you are aged 75 or over, you can ask for a screening test by calling the free bowel cancer screening helpline on 0800 707 60 60.
    Call the screening helpline on 0800 707 60 60 or visit NHS Choices for more information about bowel screening in England.
    Bowel scope screening is another part of the national bowel cancer screening programme in England. The test is gradually being introduced, and will eventually invite all men and women in England aged 55 to take part.
    Bowel scope screening involves using a thin, flexible tube with a camera on the end to look inside the lower part of your bowel and your back passage (rectum). This is called a flexible sigmoidoscopy. The test looks for, and removes, any non-cancerous growths (polyps) that could develop into cancer over time.The NHS Choices website has more information on bowel scope screening.
    Download our leaflet and poster about bowel screening in England
    - See more at: https://www.bowelcanceruk.org.uk/abo....jHH4wQRf.dpuf

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...kit-how-to-use

Likes / Dislikes
    I was a little disappointed when I got mine, I was looking forward to sending a big parcel to Jeremy Hunt!

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Alikado View Post
    I was a little disappointed when I got mine, I was looking forward to sending a big parcel to Jeremy Hunt!
    REST IN PEACE THE 96.
    Y.N.W.A.

Likes / Dislikes
    Blog Entries
    Quite daunting at first, think I'm due my second one

Likes / Dislikes
    if it comes back saying i need further investigation theres no way after losing my Dad , Wife , and Father in Law to cancer they all had treatment and suffered terribly

Likes / Dislikes
    if it comes back saying i need further investigation theres no way after losing my Dad , Wife , and Father in Law to cancer they all had treatment and suffered terribly
    Roving, HELLO, firstly you haven't been diagnosed with anything...I know the waiting and stress that it causes on ones nerves is tremendous..

Like you, I lost my Dad, Husband and very close friend to cancer...I also declared, that if I was ever diagnosed I wouldn't go for treatment...what a joke...
    I was diagnosed with cancer two years ago and the shock made me realize that whatever it takes I would fight to live if it got worse..so far everything is fine and I'm in the clear...but if I need chemo or any treatment in the future to live, then I will take anything that's thrown at me...

It's not my place to remind posters, but I remember Cavey telling us about her experiences and battle with cancer at a very young age ..Well she has been an example to how ones gets on with their life, doing things that make them happy..she may be a pain in the posterior and argumentative, but her mouth is her strength and I understand that..

OK Roving, keep your pecker up and look at the half glass full, not half empty..

Likes / Dislikes
    It would seem this private company collect their details from local doctors surgeries, and a fee may be involved, as far as I know this scheme is run by Virgin Healthcare, and for us, on Merseyside, its run from fazakerley Hospital where they have their own 'wing'
    One place they also use for Southport folk is, Ainsdale Clinic where they are allocated a room.
    They lied to me when I was informed, my sample was 'abnormal' in my later opinion, it was not! I subsequently had the operation at their request but it had to be Fazakerley, not Southport.
    Nothing was found, just a couple of polyps, of no significance, the operation was very unpleasant and embarrassing and there is no way I would ever go through this again!
    In my opinion this scheme is run is run purely for profit, with the NHS picking up the very expensive 'tab'

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by daviebaby View Post
    It would seem this private company collect their details from local doctors surgeries, and a fee may be involved, as far as I know this scheme is run by Virgin Healthcare, and for us, on Merseyside, its run from fazakerley Hospital where they have their own 'wing'
    One place they also use for Southport folk is, Ainsdale Clinic where they are allocated a room.
    They lied to me when I was informed, my sample was 'abnormal' in my later opinion, it was not! I subsequently had the operation at their request but it had to be Fazakerley, not Southport.
    Nothing was found, just a couple of polyps, of no significance, the operation was very unpleasant and embarrassing and there is no way I would ever go through this again!
    In my opinion this scheme is run is run purely for profit, with the NHS picking up the very expensive 'tab'
    Some Bowel polyps do turn out to be cancerous unfortunately.
    Good that you went through with it in the end.

Likes / Dislikes
    I have had two colonoscopies and I never
    felt a thing.

As Hamble says, removing polyps from
    the colon is important to irradiate the possibility
    of them turning into a cancerous Tumour..

Likes / Dislikes
    Feel even worse now... if they say its a camera up the bum then F u c k it..no way were all going die in the end

Likes / Dislikes
    Feel even worse now... if they say its a camera up the bum then F u c k it..no way were all going die in the end
    Its not a movie camera old bean just a state of the art thread line James Bond stuff!

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamble View Post
    Its not a movie camera old bean just a state of the art thread line James Bond stuff!
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=txEQ7jxf-OY

The prep at home is not comfortable, as you are given a strong laxative ..but the procedure its self is a doddle. You are sedated throughout floating in a twilight zone..

Likes / Dislikes
    Filled it with trepidation,, should have filled it with poo.

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Southport / North West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Southport

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Also website at southportnews.co.uk

Southport Music & Piano Academy

Qlocal Supports Woodlands Animal Sanctuary

Woodlands Animal Sanctuary Charity

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in southport
Replacement Stove Glass in southport
Supporting Local Business
Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
southportsouthport News

486 Liverpool Road, Birkdale, Southport, PR8 3BD
We manufacture all types of Memorials and Cremation Tablets in marble, granite and stone. Existing monuments renovated & restored. Additional Inscriptions available on request
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 578854
Unit 24 AK Business Park, Russell Road, Southport, PR9 7SA
Rimmers Windows, a family run business, has gone from strength to strength since opening in 1991 and has developed a reputation second to none for top quality windows and doors, available at very competitive rates.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 505511

30 Virginia Street, Southport, PR8 6RU
Established 17 years ago. MOT\'s, servicing, repairs. Free collection and delivery service.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 543808
106 - 114 Shakespeare Street, Southport, PR8 5AJ
Big brands, big deals, 250 machines displayed, tractors, chainsaws, shredders, cultivators, aerators, vacs, trimmers, robot mowers, authorised warranty, most makes, est. 66 years
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 535369

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)