southport, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
    Likes / Dislikes

Burscough Curves Back On The Agenda?

Transport Minister Chris Grayling in Southport yesterday in support of the Conservative metro mayor candidate may consider the re-opening of the tracks linking Southport to Preston and Ormskirk.

“Re-opening the Burscough Curves and reinstating direct rail links between Southport, Preston and Ormskirk is a project I am going to take a close look at."

Four years ago W Lancs refused to consider the reinstatement along with the Ormskirk bypass in their transport masterplan.

I won't hold my breath.

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorquinho View Post
    Transport Minister Chris Grayling in Southport yesterday in support of the Conservative metro mayor candidate may consider the re-opening of the tracks linking Southport to Preston and Ormskirk.

“Re-opening the Burscough Curves and reinstating direct rail links between Southport, Preston and Ormskirk is a project I am going to take a close look at."

Four years ago W Lancs refused to consider the reinstatement along with the Ormskirk bypass in their transport masterplan.

I won't hold my breath.
    Not be holding mine either....'take a look at' means virtually nothing. What we want is a promise to reinstate. Far too easy for him to simply brush his statement off after the election, saying he's 'looked' but the project will cost too much/no way to fund it/insufficient demand, etc.
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes
    Grayling is the Gove of this government a gormless clown who is just pulling things out of the air in the hope he can swing a few votes. As it benefits both Merseyside and Lancashire but it being completely in Lancashire I can't see who is going to fund it. Certainly not a Tory Government it won't make obscene £millions for their friends.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Londoner View Post
    Grayling is the Gove of this government a gormless clown.
    Presumably you got a first at Cambridge to trump Grayling's 2.1 and then went on to work for a higher powered management consultancy than Grayling.

I'm not defending his policies, and lets be honest, reopening the Burscough curves allowing a few hundred people a day to catch trains between two peripheral towns which are well linked by road is a pretty daft idea. However, I don't see the need for what is actually just an unwarranted and unevidenced personal attack.

Likes / Dislikes
    I guess there's an Election on the horizon, is there.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Albion102 View Post
    Presumably you got a first at Cambridge to trump Grayling's 2.1 and then went on to work for a higher powered management consultancy than Grayling.

I'm not defending his policies, and lets be honest, reopening the Burscough curves allowing a few hundred people a day to catch trains between two peripheral towns which are well linked by road is a pretty daft idea. However, I don't see the need for what is actually just an unwarranted and unevidenced personal attack.
    No I didn't go to Cambridge or Oxford or any other university but I know a clown and the two named should start a double act. I have worked for the last 52 years and I don't have to have any Degrees to trump my common sense something that cannot be taught. The cleverest man on the planet could be an absolute moron when it comes to every day matters but can talk for hours on ancient Greek mythology or the Mayan civilisation you take too much stock on the more education you have the more worthwhile you are.
    The fact is I know something about his current portfolio and I am sure I could lose him talking about something he knows very little about and relies on advisers to brief him. I have even emailed his office about remarks he made about something that was obvious he knew nothing about in a practical way. Of course I have had no reply. So if it is ok with you I will speak my mind about who I like in the way that I see them.

Likes / Dislikes
    Blog Entries
    Burscough Curves, Southport Out Of Sefton .... what next? Personally I am ignoring politics for the next x weeks, especially after the crap spoken by both sides re brexit.

Likes / Dislikes
    Forget campaigning for reinstatement of the Burscough Curve what people need to make a noise about is the direct services to Manchester, which are planned to be reduced to 2 per day (exc Sunday) at peak time. All other services would involve a change of stations at Wigan.

http://www.opsta.btck.co.uk/

Dr Puke kept this quiet!

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Alikado View Post
    Forget campaigning for reinstatement of the Burscough Curve what people need to make a noise about is the direct services to Manchester, which are planned to be reduced to 2 per day (exc Sunday) at peak time. All other services would involve a change of stations at Wigan.

http://www.opsta.btck.co.uk/

Dr Puke kept this quiet!
    Well if that comes off the rail service to this Town, except the dreary ALL STOPS Merseyrail antisocial scum bag ticketless transport system, is in effect finished.

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Southport / North West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Southport

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Also website at southportnews.co.uk

Southport Music & Piano Academy

Qlocal Supports Woodlands Animal Sanctuary

Woodlands Animal Sanctuary Charity

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in southport
Replacement Stove Glass in southport
Supporting Local Business
Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
southportsouthport News

Southport & Ainsdale Golf Club, Bradshawa Lane, Southport, PR8 3LG
Following a full time career, Jim has now settled in to a challenging and exciting role as club professional at Southport and Ainsdale Golf Club.
WEBSITE     TEL: 577316
178 Bispham Road, Southport, PR9 7DF
Although mainly catering for the family cyclist, our business encompasses all aspects of cycling.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 228805

165 Lord Street, Opposite the Prince of Wales, Southport, PR8 1PF
In superlative classic surroundings, enjoy your tea and food in a building which you would be forgiven to think was in the heart of London! Actually we are opposite the Prince of Wales in Southport
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 540066
Unit 24 AK Business Park, Russell Road, Southport, PR9 7SA
Rimmers Windows, a family run business, has gone from strength to strength since opening in 1991 and has developed a reputation second to none for top quality windows and doors, available at very competitive rates.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 505511

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)