southport, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
FirstFirst 1
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBoy View Post
    I always thought The Manor was the big house not the converted stables at the back
    The big house as you call it is the Hall, that I bought in 1983, converted into 5 town/ viliage houses.

The Manor is of the Hall, Coach House, Stables, The Tithe Barn and all the out houses/ buildings that now make up the 15 house community.

It is known as Halsall Manor to me it is known as " ME 'OUSE "

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Lamparilla View Post
    I think you've missed the point. It's nothing to do with education. I would never stoop so low as to berate someone for their lack of it, because there are always mitigating circumstances.

In the UK, 'program' is correct in the context of computer software. It's an Americanism, and I use it myself when referring to software. 'Programme' refers to a scheduling, or the booklet you buy at a football match or theatre.

The problem is that so much software works on American spellcheck software. In typing the above, even this site site tried to 'correct' 'programme' to 'program'!

Thanks for keeping your reply free of personal abuse - a refreshing change on here.

I enjoyed the TV programme last night - you came across very well.

Thanks for keeping your reply free of personal abuse - a refreshing change on here.
    Thanks for excepting my reply in the MANOR it was sent.

all the best
    John

Likes / Dislikes
    Oh poo,i missed it.
    Sorry John I was really looking forward to watching you and him.And I am a dinosaur when it comes to catch up tv.Will it be repeated?x
    Devil in disguise,

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by whiplash View Post
    Oh poo,i missed it.
    Sorry John I was really looking forward to watching you and him.And I am a dinosaur when it comes to catch up tv.Will it be repeated?x
    WATCH NOW

REMEMBER LOADS OF ADD FIRST. THEN THE SHOW

http://www.questtv.co.uk/video/salva...-10-episode-1/

Salvage Hunters 10: Episode 1

Likes / Dislikes
    To some up the show in a few words

Drew Pritchard left with a CRACK POT

and the story will be told over and over again.

Likes / Dislikes
    Out of all the places he visited you had the best stuff John, better than the old garage with rusty lawnmowers in and some of his mates old tat, I think he missed more than he bought. I am very surprised that he got away with that old slate cup tho, cheeky prick went back on his word there and if nothing else showed unprofessionalism that left a bad aftertaste.
    All in all was a good appearance by you. Good show.

Likes / Dislikes
    Nice house John and you came across well👍 Did he buy more from you than shown? Does he dig around looking for stuff or is it staged like the antiques road show?

I think, therefore I am

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleterious View Post
    Nice house John and you came across well👍 Did he buy more from you than shown? Does he dig around looking for stuff or is it staged like the antiques road show?
    Hi, Happy New Year.
    you know yourself you have been around the TV people more than me. Come Dine with Me etc.

Staged in a way, all the items Drew bought including the ones not shown on TV, I had placed in a certain place, A nap that he would make a bee line for them.

The golden balls was placed in the very back to make it look less important and make it a better find.

Disappointed in the editing. The HISTORY were the black stone cup came from is more interesting than the road QUEST went down. I Bought from the Seminole Indians. Call in and I will tell you the fascinating story that QUEST were scared to reveal.

Likes / Dislikes
    you really do need to call & hear the story. Very fascinating
    It has been said that when helping people change their behaviour – “the spirit in which help is offered” is the most important aspect, more than the degree of skills and knowledge of the helper!

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisR View Post
    you really do need to call & hear the story. Very fascinating
    I have been contacted by Neil Newton to tell the story on the SANDGROUNDER radio at 9-00 am tomorrow Wednesday25th Jan 2017

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Southport / North West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Southport

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Also website at southportnews.co.uk

Southport Music & Piano Academy

Qlocal Supports Woodlands Animal Sanctuary

Woodlands Animal Sanctuary Charity

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in southport
Replacement Stove Glass in southport
Supporting Local Business
Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
southportsouthport News

165 Lord Street, Opposite the Prince of Wales, Southport, PR8 1PF
In superlative classic surroundings, enjoy your tea and food in a building which you would be forgiven to think was in the heart of London! Actually we are opposite the Prince of Wales in Southport
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 540066
486 Liverpool Road, Birkdale, Southport, PR8 3BD
We manufacture all types of Memorials and Cremation Tablets in marble, granite and stone. Existing monuments renovated & restored. Additional Inscriptions available on request
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 578854

178 Bispham Road, Southport, PR9 7DF
Although mainly catering for the family cyclist, our business encompasses all aspects of cycling.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 228805
33 Shakespeare Street, Southport, PR8 5AB
Awnings, canopies and continental security shutters with manual or electric operation, complete our exterior range.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 514333

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)