southport, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
FirstFirst 1 ... LastLast
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamble View Post
    To make racism stick you need a non actor/performer/comedian example otherwise you are the problem.
    This! What sort of lefty killjoy would think dressing up as a black person and capering about in a comical manner was remotely racist?
    I'm not on fire! Why should I pay for the fire brigade?

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemimah View Post
    This! What sort of lefty killjoy would think dressing up as a black person and capering about in a comical manner was remotely racist?
    Very few though I am not accusing you of being a leftie.

Likes / Dislikes
    Labour Live.

"Tony Blair, Pol Pot, Leon Trotsky and Theresa May are just few of the names people have used to buy tickets to this weekend’s Labour Live festival. Free tickets to the much-maligned festival in London on Saturday went on sale through Unite the union this morning and quickly orders to spoof names started to appear online. Boy, 12, cuts hair and changes name after realising he wasn't meant to be a girlTony Blair (address Belmarsh Prison) and Theresa May (address The Wheat Fields, Downing Street) and an Aunty Semite (address Jeremy Corbyn’s office) were all sent tickets today. The tickets were originally sold for £35 each but due to lack of interest after a host of stars refused to perform, including Stormzy, demand dropped sharply leading to the unions having to give them away."

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2018/06/14/joker...6/?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/
    "Aunty Semite"! JC's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy .

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/plZRe1kPWZw" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...ow-giving-away

Roll-up, roll-up to the Jezfest free-for-all (unless you’ve already paid, suckers)

Ticket sales for Labour Live have been so slow that they are now being given away. Just another reminder for party members: participating in capitalism always gets you screwed over

"Anyway, they have got Len instead, which in one sense isn’t weird – he already has form as a mood-music promoter. As for his strategy on this occasion, Unite announced a couple of weeks ago that it is giving away 1,000 tickets and would even organise free transport to the event. Since then, Labour HQ has made further offers of free tickets to constituency Labour parties, along with promises to lay on transport. And this week, the Labour party announced: “We’re offering a limited number of £10 tickets to under-27s. But you’ve got to be quick!”

"Of course you have. Like the saying goes: the early bird catches the people who bought early bird tickets. “Is there a process to try and reclaim costs?” one irked Labour supporter wondered on Twitter. “I’ve spent £70 on two tickets.”

Likes / Dislikes
    They can give but not take humour.

Sadly the backlash from antisemitism is constantly around.
    Urmston Cemetery(Manchester) has just had a 3rd spate of vandal attacks in 2 weeks.
    45 more Jewish graves smashed.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...gures-14780889
    It's everywhere.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/educatio...due-left-wing/

Jewish students put off going to certain universities due to Left-wing anti-Semitism, Labour Students leader claims

"Jewish students are being put off going to certain universities because of Left-wing anti-Semitism, the leader of Labour’s official student wing has warned.

"Melantha Chittenden, the outgoing National Chair of Labour Students, said that her own party’s leadership is to blame for the rising ride of anti-Jewish sentiment on campuses around the country.

"She suggested that Jewish students would not feel as vulnerable if Jeremy Corbyn had made a stronger stand against anti-Semitism.

"Shami Chakrabarti was asked by Mr Corbyn to carry out a review of anti-Semitism in the Labour Party in 2016. However, her report was dismissed as a "whitewash" after it found that Labour was not overrun by anti-Semitism or other forms of racism despite an “occasionally toxic atmosphere”.

"The Community Security Trust (CST), which monitors anti-Semitism across the UK, has warned that anti-Semitism in the Labour Party has helped to fuel a record number of attacks on the Jewish community.

"A separate report, published earlier this year by the The Kantor Center, based at Tel Aviv University, said that Jeremy Corbyn's Labour party is partly to blame for a rise in antisemitic attacks in the UK.

"Researchers said that the "unprecendented publicity regarding controversies about alleged and actual anti-Semitism in the Labour Party" is likely to have "emboldened offenders".

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Region View Post
    "Aunty Semite"! JC's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy .

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/plZRe1kPWZw" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...ow-giving-away

Roll-up, roll-up to the Jezfest free-for-all (unless you’ve already paid, suckers)

Ticket sales for Labour Live have been so slow that they are now being given away. Just another reminder for party members: participating in capitalism always gets you screwed over

"Anyway, they have got Len instead, which in one sense isn’t weird – he already has form as a mood-music promoter. As for his strategy on this occasion, Unite announced a couple of weeks ago that it is giving away 1,000 tickets and would even organise free transport to the event. Since then, Labour HQ has made further offers of free tickets to constituency Labour parties, along with promises to lay on transport. And this week, the Labour party announced: “We’re offering a limited number of £10 tickets to under-27s. But you’ve got to be quick!”

"Of course you have. Like the saying goes: the early bird catches the people who bought early bird tickets. “Is there a process to try and reclaim costs?” one irked Labour supporter wondered on Twitter. “I’ve spent £70 on two tickets.”
    Suckers!
    I am saving my sympathy for the unpaid staff.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...bour-Live.html

Likes / Dislikes
    It's everywhere.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/educatio...due-left-wing/

Jewish students put off going to certain universities due to Left-wing anti-Semitism, Labour Students leader claims

"Jewish students are being put off going to certain universities because of Left-wing anti-Semitism, the leader of Labour’s official student wing has warned.

"Melantha Chittenden, the outgoing National Chair of Labour Students, said that her own party’s leadership is to blame for the rising ride of anti-Jewish sentiment on campuses around the country.

"She suggested that Jewish students would not feel as vulnerable if Jeremy Corbyn had made a stronger stand against anti-Semitism.

"Shami Chakrabarti was asked by Mr Corbyn to carry out a review of anti-Semitism in the Labour Party in 2016. However, her report was dismissed as a "whitewash" after it found that Labour was not overrun by anti-Semitism or other forms of racism despite an “occasionally toxic atmosphere”.

"The Community Security Trust (CST), which monitors anti-Semitism across the UK, has warned that anti-Semitism in the Labour Party has helped to fuel a record number of attacks on the Jewish community.

"A separate report, published earlier this year by the The Kantor Center, based at Tel Aviv University, said that Jeremy Corbyn's Labour party is partly to blame for a rise in antisemitic attacks in the UK.

"Researchers said that the "unprecendented publicity regarding controversies about alleged and actual anti-Semitism in the Labour Party" is likely to have "emboldened offenders".
    I would like to put it a clearer way.
    Antisemitism has increased with immigration.
    The figures show racism against Jews is highest from other ethnic groups.

Labour targets non Jewish ethnic groups and immigrant voters.
    Corbyn's lack of action on antisemitism in the party is a terrible example to supporters from all cultures.
    Last edited by Hamble; 19/06/2018 at 04:55 PM.

Likes / Dislikes

Corbyn's lack of action on antisemitism in the party is a terrible example to supporters from all cultures.
    For many Corbynistas anti-Semitism isn't seen as racism, as for them there is no such thing as being anti-Semitic, because many Corbynistas seem to believe that Jewish people, or people who sound like they are Jewish, are all part of a conspiracy of oppression. Thus, devout Corbynistas do not see themselves as racist.

It's interesting reading down Tracy Ann Oberman's twitter feed at the range of views, styles of thinking, replies and retweets on offer:

Tracy Ann Oberman
    ‏@TracyAnnO

Tracy Ann Oberman Retweeted Corbyn Conundrum

This is the sort of racist bollocks that we are talking about. Ullman isn't Jewish. David doesn't consider himself a Zionist and where the hell didMaureen come from? Oh I see.. he thinks they're all Jews. Perfectly acceptable social media nutter according to Corbyn's Labour.

Corbyn Conundrum
    ‏@Jigsawman2014

Replying to @DylanStrain @Baddiel

Baddiel and Ullman have one important thing in common that gets in the way of any attempt at producing comedy. They are both Zionists (like Lipman). They can’t see beyond that.

+++

Tracy Ann Oberman Retweeted

Barnaby Edwards
    ‏@BarnabyEdwards

Replying to @TracyAnnO @jennyeclair @cardiffnan

That’s the truly gobsmacking bit. If this is the sort of person who supports Jeremy Corbyn, then I want nothing to do with the man. If I were Corbyn, I’d be doing everything I could to distance myself from these toxic nutters. The fact that he isn’t doing so speaks volumes.

+++

David Baddiel
    @Baddiel

I assume British Comedy Guide are part of the Zio-conspiracy, that "Laurence Howarth" is a deliberately gentile sounding made-up name, and that the sketch mocking Jacob Rees-Mogg when played backwards contained secret messages telling viewers he should be PM.

+++

Emma Kennedy
    ‏@EmmaKennedy

Corbyn abstaining when 70% of Labour supporters want Brexit stopped is a kick in the teeth. What a coward. What a wretched excuse of a leader.

+++

Wry portrayal below of Corbyn and McDonnell's standard intervention to prevent devout Corbynistas's aggression and violence .

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/o7tv231sJTo" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Likes / Dislikes
    For many Corbynistas anti-Semitism isn't seen as racism, as for them there is no such thing as being anti-Semitic, because many Corbynistas seem to believe that Jewish people, or people who sound like they are Jewish, are all part of a conspiracy of oppression. Thus, devout Corbynistas do not see themselves as racist.

It's interesting reading down Tracy Ann Oberman's twitter feed at the range of views, styles of thinking, replies and retweets on offer:

Tracy Ann Oberman
    ‏@TracyAnnO

Tracy Ann Oberman Retweeted Corbyn Conundrum

This is the sort of racist bollocks that we are talking about. Ullman isn't Jewish. David doesn't consider himself a Zionist and where the hell didMaureen come from? Oh I see.. he thinks they're all Jews. Perfectly acceptable social media nutter according to Corbyn's Labour.

Corbyn Conundrum
    ‏@Jigsawman2014

Replying to @DylanStrain @Baddiel

Baddiel and Ullman have one important thing in common that gets in the way of any attempt at producing comedy. They are both Zionists (like Lipman). They can’t see beyond that.

+++

Barnaby Edwards
    ‏@BarnabyEdwards

Replying to @TracyAnnO @jennyeclair @cardiffnan

That’s the truly gobsmacking bit. If this is the sort of person who supports Jeremy Corbyn, then I want nothing to do with the man. If I were Corbyn, I’d be doing everything I could to distance myself from these toxic nutters. The fact that he isn’t doing so speaks volumes.

+++

David Baddiel
    @Baddiel

I assume British Comedy Guide are part of the Zio-conspiracy, that "Laurence Howarth" is a deliberately gentile sounding made-up name, and that the sketch mocking Jacob Rees-Mogg when played backwards contained secret messages telling viewers he should be PM.

+++

Emma Kennedy
    ‏@EmmaKennedy

Corbyn abstaining when 70% of Labour supporters want Brexit stopped is a kick in the teeth. What a coward. What a wretched excuse of a leader.

+++

Wry portrayal below of Corbyn and McDonnell's standard intervention to prevent devout Corbynistas's aggression and violence .

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/o7tv231sJTo" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    *Toxic Nutters*
    I like that description.

Thank you for that dialogue.

Likes / Dislikes
    *Toxic Nutters*
    I like that description.

Thank you for that dialogue.
    What is it that makes them toxic?

I've had it explained to me about one of those, whose social media toxicity has two main sources.

Their elevated self-estimation driving a sense of privilege as to their rightful position in political society - which is a mismatch with their actual position in life.

Their unfulfilled desire for the hunky rugby-player build and for handsome, uber-successful capitalists versus their reality of being in a long term marriage to someone who looks like they wouldn't need to spend a minute in make-up to stand in for Tracey Ullman should she be unable to do her impersonation of Jeremy Corbyn down the allotment.

Likes / Dislikes
    What is it that makes them toxic?

I've had it explained to me about one of those, whose social media toxicity has two main sources.

Their elevated self-estimation driving a sense of privilege as to their rightful position in political society - which is a mismatch with their actual position in life.

Their unfulfilled desire for the hunky rugby-player build and for handsome, uber-successful capitalists versus their reality of being in a long term marriage to someone who looks like they wouldn't need to spend a minute in make-up to stand in for Tracey Ullman should she be unable to do her impersonation of Jeremy Corbyn down the allotment.

Hypocrisy in a nutshell!

Standing up for equality in public privately backing discrimination.

Denouncing Capitalism whilst benefiting from it.

Corbyn is a 1st degree hypocrite

2016 when he ennobled Shami Chakrabarti

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/h...eneges-on-his-
    end-of-the-peer-promise-2k6jdwp3p

Quote Corbyn.
    "“It will be my pleasure and honor to host an event in Parliament where our friends from Hezbollah will be speaking … I’ve also invited our friends from Hamas to come and speak as well,” ……..

Quote.
    Jeremy Corbyn
    @jeremycorbyn
    Cancellation of President Trump's State Visit is welcome, especially after his attack on London's mayor & withdrawal from #ParisClimateDeal.

Ben Harris on Corbyn's payment from Iran TV.

Ben Harris‏ @btharris93
    Hate it when Corbyn gets on his high horse about gay rights. Sorry but you cant do that when you've welcomed Hamas and taken money from Iran
    9:37 am - 11 Jun 2017

Likes / Dislikes
    Merkel is fighting for her political life.

"German Chancellor Angela Merkel faces a political crisis that could reshape Europe’s migration crisis and potentially end her ten years in power.

A standoff at the top level of government over Germany’s liberal migration policies threatens to collapse the fragile coalition that Merkel presides over."

http://time.com/5314776/angela-merke...sis-migration/

Likes / Dislikes

Merkel agrees with you, Hamble .

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/m...ermany-n868271

Merkel warns of 'different type of anti-Semitism' in Germany

"The fact that no kindergarten, no school, no synagogue can be left without police protection dismays us."

"We have refugees now, for example, or people of Arab origin, who bring a different type of anti-Semitism into the country," Merkel said in an interview with Israel's Channel 10.

Likes / Dislikes
    It seems to be a global trend, and, to put it mildly, is extremely disturbing. My blood runs cold reading about the increase in anti-semitic incidents. For me, who was born in 1947, it's all too familiar. I don't want to be a part of a world where people could even contemplate repeating such a shameful history.

Populism seems to be making people feel that their predudices are legitimised. However I don't think we should make this a political thing, that only succeeds in dividing people even further. It's a humanitarian thing, and, in this, people need to stand together and scream their outrage. We all know what can happen if we stay silent.

Likes / Dislikes
    Merkel agrees with you, Hamble .

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/m...ermany-n868271

Merkel warns of 'different type of anti-Semitism' in Germany

"The fact that no kindergarten, no school, no synagogue can be left without police protection dismays us."

"We have refugees now, for example, or people of Arab origin, who bring a different type of anti-Semitism into the country," Merkel said in an interview with Israel's Channel 10.
    I like the way Merkel calls it 'different type of anti-Semitism'.
    How will that work when the police and Government attack Jews again?
    Is Germany going to ban all Nazi's and migrants from public office?

I cannot wait until Merkel walks.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by seivad View Post
    It seems to be a global trend, and, to put it mildly, is extremely disturbing. My blood runs cold reading about the increase in anti-semitic incidents. For me, who was born in 1947, it's all too familiar. I don't want to be a part of a world where people could even contemplate repeating such a shameful history.

Populism seems to be making people feel that their predudices are legitimised. However I don't think we should make this a political thing, that only succeeds in dividing people even further. It's a humanitarian thing, and, in this, people need to stand together and scream their outrage. We all know what can happen if we stay silent.
    Your post is heartening though in reality I imagine a mass antisemitism attack would be the start of a civil war in Britain and therefore Jew and non Jew would be in the same situation.

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Southport / North West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Southport

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Also website at southportnews.co.uk

Southport Music & Piano Academy

Qlocal Supports Woodlands Animal Sanctuary

Woodlands Animal Sanctuary Charity

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in southport
Replacement Stove Glass in southport
Supporting Local Business
Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
southportsouthport News

2 Cambride Arcade, Southport, PR8 1AS
Established in Cambridge Walks for 9 years, John Antony specialises in different quality designer footwear and bags.
WEBSITE     TEL: 549729
Unit 24 AK Business Park, Russell Road, Southport, PR9 7SA
Rimmers Windows, a family run business, has gone from strength to strength since opening in 1991 and has developed a reputation second to none for top quality windows and doors, available at very competitive rates.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 505511

165 Lord Street, Opposite the Prince of Wales, Southport, PR8 1PF
In superlative classic surroundings, enjoy your tea and food in a building which you would be forgiven to think was in the heart of London! Actually we are opposite the Prince of Wales in Southport
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 540066
106 - 114 Shakespeare Street, Southport, PR8 5AJ
Big brands, big deals, 250 machines displayed, tractors, chainsaws, shredders, cultivators, aerators, vacs, trimmers, robot mowers, authorised warranty, most makes, est. 66 years
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 535369

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)