southport, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
FirstFirst 1
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by The PNP View Post
    A) They would not be needed if people drove within the speed limits. Unfortunately, with so many prepared to ignore limits, what other alternative is there apart from installing speed cameras every few hundred metres?

B) Road users come in all shapes and sizes, inc young kids, creaky old folk on foot, drunks, cyclists, leccy-buggy pilots, horseriders, etc. It is to reduce the damage done to vulnerable users when accidents happen, that 20mph limits have been introduced.

A slight increase in emissions is a small price to pay for safer streets. And a safer environment encourages more to walk/cycle rather than drive, if they feel it's safe enough out there....leading to less emissions.

Second word is OFF,in reply to your comment.Go and finish your dinner.
    The day that God created Akita's......He just sat back and smiled

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnybgood View Post
    Second word is OFF,in reply to your comment.Go and finish your dinner.
    Did just that......and very tasty it was too!

One thing I did notice this morning, was how incredibly peaceful it was round here with so little motor traffic about. A magic glimpse of how it could be every day, if more folk left their cars at home and walked/cycled instead!
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by The PNP View Post
    Did just that......and very tasty it was too!

One thing I did notice this morning, was how incredibly peaceful it was round here with so little motor traffic about. A magic glimpse of how it could be every day, if more folk left their cars at home and walked/cycled instead!
    Give it a rest!
    I may be old but I ain't stupid..!!!
    http://www.sdlbl.btck.co.uk
    Clipart

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoja View Post
    Give it a rest!
    That's just what I'm saying, it's hard to find anywhere nowadays that isn't plagued by the whine of engine/tyre noise.
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes
    The lights at Stokers (Hoghton Street) turned red on me as I approached them the other night, I sat there for a minute or two before they turned back to green. The number of vehicles that went through while I was sat there was 0.

Might be a good idea to turn off certain traffic lights from midnight to 5am and let everyone use them as a crossroads/or give way to the right.

Likes / Dislikes
    Yesterday the lights at the monument were working normally and the only time the green man was lit up was when someone pressed the button.

Likes / Dislikes
    Shall we put bets on,that those lights will be wrongly timed again in less than a weeks time ? Same situation occurs with the lights at the Lord St and Eastbank Square junction.

Likes / Dislikes
    I spoke too soon, drove down Lord Street at around 2am and me and a couple of other cars had to wait at the monument for invisible pedestrians to cross the road. Again when the lights changed to green the wait sign was illuminated for the crossing.

Anyone know who to contact to check out the crossing as I suspect it might be one of the buttons that is stuck and causing this to happen?

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Taxi Driver View Post
    Anyone know who to contact to check out the crossing as I suspect it might be one of the buttons that is stuck and causing this to happen?
    Best call Sefton Plus: 01704-533133 and select appropriate option.....good luck!
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Taxi Driver View Post
    I spoke too soon,
    Did'nt even have time to get to the bookies.

Likes / Dislikes
    Look's as though they've been fixed as I've not had a problem for a few weeks now.

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Southport / North West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Southport

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Also website at southportnews.co.uk

Southport Music & Piano Academy

Qlocal Supports Woodlands Animal Sanctuary

Woodlands Animal Sanctuary Charity

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in southport
Replacement Stove Glass in southport
Supporting Local Business
Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
southportsouthport News

15 Hampton Road, Southport, PR8 6SX
Your local hire centre. Extensive range of tools and equipment. Suppliers to the trade and DIY
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 538595
4-8 Liverpool Avenue, Ainsdale, Southport, PR8 3NH
We have a superb range of over-mantle mirrors to complement any room setting, with over 300 in stock to view.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 578788

Southport & Ainsdale Golf Club, Bradshawa Lane, Southport, PR8 3LG
Following a full time career, Jim has now settled in to a challenging and exciting role as club professional at Southport and Ainsdale Golf Club.
WEBSITE     TEL: 577316
127 Wennington Road, SOUTHPORT, PR9 7AH
Our team of Veterinary Surgeons, trainee and qualified Veterinary Nurses and Receptionists aim to provide the highest possible standard of a personal, caring and friendly service.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 214460

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)