southport, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
Contact us with your news. Mob/Txt 07530 315 478 southport@qnews.co.uk
Please also follow us on our live Twitter Feed
  1. Published on: 12/10/2017 01:40 PMReported by: roving-eye
    The full list of candidates for the upcoming Dukes Ward by-election has been published.

    After the resignation of Cllr Pat Ball due to ill health a by-election needs to be held.

    There are a couple of high profile names on the list. John Pugh the recently retired MP for the Lib Dems and Terry Durrance who has fought several elections for UKIP in Southport.

    Other candidates include Frank Hanley for the Labour Party,Nick Senior for the Green Party and Anne Pearmain for the Conservatives.

    The election will be held on Thursday 2nd November.
       

    Submit News to Us

    Contact us with your news. Mob/Txt 07530 315 478 southport@qnews.co.uk




  2. Contact us with your news. Mob/Txt 07530 315 478 southport@qnews.co.uk



    Your Comments:


  3. Blue4ever says:12/10/2017 07:38 PM
    The Tory Candidate professes to be a resident of the ward. For how long?
    Is this the same Ann Blanche Pearmain who stood in the Leyland Central Ward in 2015 in the South Ribble Council, and is she still the Secretary of the South Ribble Conservative Party?
    Her address is a flat on the Promenade, is this rented or owned by the Pearmains?
    Merely asking as an interested spectator.

  4. said says:12/10/2017 08:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue4ever View Post
    The Tory Candidate professes to be a resident of the ward. For how long?
    Is this the same Ann Blanche Pearmain who stood in the Leyland Central Ward in 2015 in the South Ribble Council, and is she still the Secretary of the South Ribble Conservative Party?
    Her address is a flat on the Promenade, is this rented or owned by the Pearmains?
    Merely asking as an interested spectator.
    I would not like to say - but the address is in the same block of flats as another Southport councillor.

  5. said says:12/10/2017 08:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by roving-eye View Post
    The full list of candidates for the upcoming Dukes Ward by-election has been published.

    After the resignation of Cllr Pat Ball due to ill health a by-election needs to be held.

    There are a couple of high profile names on the list. John Pugh the recently retired MP for the Lib Dems and Terry Durrance who has fought several elections for UKIP in Southport.

    Other candidates include Frank Hanley for the Labour Party,Nick Senior for the Green Party and Anne Pearmain for the Conservatives.

    The election will be held on Thursday 2nd November.
    Well - we have not got a UKIP candidate in Southport, and UKIP is growing more popular now with a new strong leader. Better the devil you know!

  6. Gwhizz says:12/10/2017 10:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by said View Post
    Well - we have not got a UKIP candidate in Southport, and UKIP is growing more popular now with a new strong leader. Better the devil you know!
    What's with the "we" business Marvin? You don't live here, you live in Chester, so there is no "we" here... unless you are finally coming out as a UKipper? Very much looks that way.

  7. Blue4ever says:13/10/2017 10:30 AM
    Perhaps the candidate would clarify as to whether her proposer is her husband and if so as to whether he was suspended, as recently as February last, from the South Ribble Conservative Party for referring to Diane Abbott an an ape.

    The suspended person was Deputy Chairman of South Ribble Conservatives and a Parish Councillor for Farington. The Lancashire News quotes the suspended Mr Pearmain stating that he had views "slightly to the right of Atilla the Hun."

    Would the candidate please confirm or deny as to whether the suspended Mr Farington is her husband?

    If confirmed, would the candidate and the Southport Conservative Party please confirm that they do not share the suspended man's political leanings and would our local MP please confirm that his whole hearted endorsement of the candidate might be an error of judgement.

  8. salus.populi says:15/10/2017 11:06 AM

  9. Username2016 says:15/10/2017 12:14 PM
    Looks like the best choice for Dukes Ward could be the labour guy then as we’ve see what John Pugh and The libs can deliver for Southport....even when in coalition the town didn’t benefit so a Lib Dem vote is a vote for more of the same.

    Hope not hypocrisy is a good message if he can live up to it.


Custom Search
You are in: UK / Southport / North West
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Southport


Supporting Local Business
Supporting Local Business
Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register


The Best Of Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal



Jobs from Indeed



UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
southportsouthport News


Supporting Local Business
Unit 1, George Business Park, Cemetery Road, Birkdale, PR8 5EF
Double Glazing, UPVC Windows, Conservatory, Doors, Porch, Windows, Hard Wood, Plastic, Roofline, Solar Panels, Renewable Energy
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 533888
Supporting Local Business
45a Sussex Road, Southport, PR9 0SR
Manufacturers of quality blinds and curtains including vertical, venetian, roller, pleated and roman. We are specialists in Conservatory blinds and motorisation. We also offer a full free measuring and fitting service.
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 548247

Supporting Local Business
47 Wyre Cop Road, Scarisbrick, PR8 5LR
Pamper your pet dog. All breeds & sizes groomed. 10 years experience. Loyalty card scheme & collection - delivery service available. Discount for 2 dogs. Breeder of Chihuahuas & Amercian Cocker Spaniels
WEBSITE     TEL: 07563974613
Supporting Local Business
102 Stamford Road, Birkdale, Southport, PR8 4EX
Brookfields specialise in all aspects of garden design, landscaping and maintenance
WEBSITE     TEL: 01704 566727


Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)
How We Use Cookies