blaydon, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Antiques Thread: Bargain buys

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    260
    Likes / Dislikes

    Bargain buys

    I'm delighted with my £2.99 buy from a charity shop (marked West Germany underneath) and wondered if others might like to share their bargain finds? If that's ok John - or maybe not appropriate?
     



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    www.theantiquesman.com
    Posts
    4,997
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by melanieb View Post
    I'm delighted with my £2.99 buy from a charity shop (marked West Germany underneath) and wondered if others might like to share their bargain finds? If that's ok John - or maybe not appropriate?
    WHAT A BRILIENT IDEA.

    "BARGAIN BUYS " ............................"bargain finds"

    £2.99 what a bargain, you may think Pool Pottery, if so worth £50.00

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Near Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    1,795
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by theantiquesman View Post
    WHAT A BRILIENT IDEA.

    "BARGAIN BUYS " ............................"bargain finds"

    £2.99 what a bargain, you may think Pool Pottery, if so worth £50.00
    If it were Pool Pottery for real, and marked West Germany underneath, then 50 quid would be far too little!
    Age is simply a matter of mind - age doesn't matter if you don't mind

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    www.theantiquesman.com
    Posts
    4,997
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek H View Post
    If it were Pool Pottery for real, and marked West Germany underneath, then 50 quid would be far too little!
    …………………………………….
    hi, Derek,
    The item was made by Poole Pottery Ltd of Poole Dorset, England.
    Formerly Carter, Stabler and Adams Ltd. Poole England and Poole Studio both back stamps prior to 1963. in 2000 Royal Stafford in Longton started making it and then Burleigh ware started making it. By coincidence 1880-1952 Thomas Poole made Royal Stafford China. Reference Geoffrey A. Godden F.R.S.A.

    My valuations are based on the British market. I am intrigued by West Germany.
    all the best
    keep safe.
    john nolan

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Near Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    1,795
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by theantiquesman View Post
    …………………………………….
    hi, Derek,
    The item was made by Poole Pottery Ltd of Poole Dorset, England.
    Formerly Carter, Stabler and Adams Ltd. Poole England and Poole Studio both back stamps prior to 1963. in 2000 Royal Stafford in Longton started making it and then Burleigh ware started making it. By coincidence 1880-1952 Thomas Poole made Royal Stafford China. Reference Geoffrey A. Godden F.R.S.A.

    My valuations are based on the British market. I am intrigued by West Germany.
    all the best
    keep safe.
    john nolan
    I don't understand what the OP means with "marked West Germany underneath", then. That was why I commented. Poole marked West Germany? Seems a bit unusual so put it mildly.
    Age is simply a matter of mind - age doesn't matter if you don't mind


Custom Search
            

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
You are in: UK / Blaydon / North East
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Blaydon

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register


Privacy & Cookie Policy


       
   Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk
Firewood suppliers in blaydon
Replacement Stove Glass in blaydon
Bulk Aggregates in blaydon
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal







UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
blaydonblaydon News



Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)