caerphilly, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
1 LastLast
-->
  1. Ice cream in a tub, cup or ??

In the days when the ice cream lady appeared at the cinema, apart from lollies etc, you could get ice cream in a tub.

I called it a tub, my wife thinks it was called something else, any ideas ?

2. YOUR COMMENTS:

3. Quote Originally Posted by *concerned* View Post
    In the days when the ice cream lady appeared at the cinema, apart from lollies etc, you could get ice cream in a tub.

I called it a tub, my wife thinks it was called something else, any ideas ?
    Think it was a tub,,,,,but hated the wooden paddle spoons.

4. We always called it a tub

5. Another vote for Tub

6. Definitely a tub, sorry about the dislike to your post Ped, clumsy fingers

7. Tubs.
    If you dropped that tiny wooden spoon it was a long wait for sibling to finish his ice cream and hand it over.

8. Tub, of course. I don't know what else you'd call it?

Well a 'carton' maybe, if you're from some far flung uncivilised corner of the country.

Nope, even there it would be a tub.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Toodles McGinty View Post
    Tub, of course. I don't know what else you'd call it?

Exactly, but she who must be obeyed is convinced they were called something else

10. They are marketed as 'cups' for the home freezer.
    I don't think the modern young bean would look at the amount
    of ice cream and think 'tub'.

11. Tub

12. Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Tub
    defo tub.those where the days,but they wouldn't get away with it these days,purveying the sweets in fishnets an maid outfits to the punters.ma an pa always made us have choc ice ,I hate with a vengeance had to share with sis.crisps well half apack shared an salt an shake!everton mints another urgh moment!got a strawberry split if was birthday!musicals was cinema treat not!!!but their fave so cinema wasn't a joy.but then butlins matanee when allowed out on mates Saturday treats was a joy.good an bad ole days depending on your nurture.

13. Tub

Mobile ice-cream vans today have a choice of tubs or cornets, when it comes to 'soft' ice cream....but whatever happened to the wafer? Used to be able to buy a rectangular block of ice cream in a paper wrapper, along with two wafers to sandwich it between.

14. Pnp

Quote Originally Posted by The PNP View Post
    Mobile ice-cream vans today have a choice of tubs or cornets, when it comes to 'soft' ice cream....but whatever happened to the wafer? Used to be able to buy a rectangular block of ice cream in a paper wrapper, along with two wafers to sandwich it between.
    As I remember always a tub ? But Quinny always got a bucket of it ?

15. Tub.

16. I have heard them called cups, but it's tubs for me.

Attachment 185820

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Caerphilly / Wales
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Caerphilly

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in caerphilly
Replacement Stove Glass in caerphilly
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
caerphillycaerphilly News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)