caerphilly, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
FirstFirst 1 LastLast
-->
  1. Quote Originally Posted by Hamble View Post
    May has two plans.
    The Tory's are divided on which plan.
    She does? Then why have MPs forced May to come up with another plan within 3 days if her deal is defeated next week? Good luck negotiating a new deal with Europe in 3 days! What an unmitigated cluster****

2. YOUR COMMENTS:

3. Quote Originally Posted by justbecause View Post
    I don’t understand that, Cameron had just won another five year term in Government, with an increased majority.
    Remember Cameron was spooked by Farage and his gang, to counter that he promised a referendum on the EU if he won the next election, that clearly had an effect, the fact the entire remain programme was flawed and failed was another issue.

4. Quote Originally Posted by seivad View Post
    She does? Then why have MPs forced May to come up with another plan within 3 days if her deal is defeated next week? Good luck negotiating a new deal with Europe in 3 days! What an unmitigated cluster****
    Because plan no. 2 is 'no deal'.

May still has 2 more plans than Corbyn all he wants his power.

No none can deny that May's dissenter's are practising free speech on a subject (Brexit)dividing political party voting.

Corbyn's dissenter's (from all accounts) get pinned up against walls and constructively booted out of Labour.

5. It's just a cock up from start to finish.

We should never of had a vote.

Given the fact we where given a vote. Some facts about what the consequences would have been nice.

Pointless point scoring should be put to one side while we go through possibly the biggest change with in Europe since the second world war.

While I think May has a thankless task on her hands, Her delaying tactics are a disgrace.

We are not even close to the eye of the storm yet. Nothing legal has even happened yet after 2 years and I believe 4 billion pounds.

We have a parliament which is going to refuse the deal on the table, want to stop a no deal Brexit yet have nothing to offer as an alternative. Yet think May is going to come back with a second deal in 3 parliamentary days (5 days). There is no other deal, no time and no clue.

As for Jeremy Corbyn what a pointless little man with nothing but dreams and bull ****.

Our 'democracy' is in complete melt down. What an absolute shambles.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Ceam View Post
    It's just a cock up from start to finish.

Given the fact we where given a vote. Some facts about what the consequences would have been nice.

Pointless point scoring should be put to one side while we go through possibly the biggest change with in Europe since the second world war.

While I think May has a thankless task on her hands, Her delaying tactics are a disgrace.

We are not even close to the eye of the storm yet. Nothing legal has even happened yet after 2 years and I believe 4 billion pounds.

We have a parliament which is going to refuse the deal on the table, want to stop a no deal Brexit yet have nothing to offer as an alternative. Yet think May is going to come back with a second deal in 3 parliamentary days (5 days). There is no other deal, no time and no clue.

As for Jeremy Corbyn what a pointless little man with nothing but dreams and bull ****.

All labour want is a General Election. That is why Corbyn is keeping his head down on what his plan would be. Like the Tories the Labour party is split on what we should do regarding Brexit. He is not prepared to lose potential voters. He is putting party politics ( i.e. Himself) before the interests of the UK.

7. Imagine Trump,Willy Wonka,Macron ,Merkel and...….Corbyn deciding on World matters!

8. Whichever side of the political divide you are on, it is a big fat mess. It truly is, as seivad put it, a gargantuan cluster****.

The government is in disarray, split between how many factions? The opposition is split. No real solutions are being offered. One half wanting another vote, as if that will solve the divide. Another bellowing about 'WTO rules', without understanding that we don't just jump in there and start pulling 'deals' out of the air like a street magician. Ferry companies without a vessel, copying T&C from a pizza delivery service. Idiot backbenchers such as Rees-Mogg popping up on TV as though he is of any importance whatsoever. Corbyn offering nothing of any consequence other than 'we want an election'. Playing your cards close to your chest isn't very informative for an entire electorate, Jeremy. Theresa 'my way or the highway' May floundering like a fish on land, being as strong and stable as a tent in a tornado.

And fridges. Haven't we set some kind of Guinness World Record for fridge purchases?

And nobody. Absolutely nobody having the slightest clue how it will affect the average person in the street. Everyone with their own views on the myriad of outcomes. Loads of opinions. But opinions are like a-holes. We've all got one, and most stink. It seems if we stay, we're screwed. If we leave without an impossible-to-negotiate deal, we're screwed. Batten down the hatches, as it all 'makes a mockery of democracy'. There'll be trouble if the 'will of the people' is ignored, but either way, more or less half the people in the country will be ignored. Or we all will. Nobody knows.

The C4 drama on Brexit earlier this week was an eye opener. I already knew how Cambridge Analytic & co played half the country like a fiddle. Taking back control? As Jim Royle would put it, 'my arse'. I don't care how you voted in the referendum, you did not vote for this. Remain or Leave, this is a colossal ***** storm with no positive outcome for us plebs.

9. The only reason for a second vote, Is the get out of jail free card, That if a second vote goes for stay they can bury the last two years and pretend they never happened, As they haven't a clue how to take this forward.
    Yes there will be a lot of upset people, There will also be a lot of relived people too.

If there is a second vote and it's still for Brexit. The government will claps. There will be a general election and the whole process starts again.

Mean while the rest of the world looks on going WTF happed over there!

All this while they get upset that people are shouting names at them. Doesn't matter that they have divided the country, communities and families with this bloody stupid vote.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Hamble View Post
    That's not a plan, it's a failure, and one that the majority of politicians want to avoid.

May still has 2 more plans than Corbyn all he wants his power.

No none can deny that May's dissenter's are practising free speech on a subject (Brexit)dividing political party voting.

Corbyn's dissenter's (from all accounts) get pinned up against walls and constructively booted out of Labour.
    Surely you can see by now that there is nobody who can lead the UK through this process and come out of the other side relatively unscathed. If you couldn't see it before, you should certainly see it now. I've never seen such a dearth of ability in British politicians.

11. Quote Originally Posted by seivad View Post
    That's not a plan, it's a failure, and one that the majority of politicians want to avoid.

Surely you can see by now that there is nobody who can lead the UK through this process and come out of the other side relatively unscathed. If you couldn't see it before, you should certainly see it now. I've never seen such a dearth of ability in British politicians.
    I agree, but the problem is there is NO good solution to this. They have dug themselves a bloody big hole that none of them can get out of.

Pressed that big red button, THEN asked what happens now?

12. Quote Originally Posted by Toodles McGinty View Post
    The government is in disarray, split between how many factions? The opposition is split. No real solutions are being offered. One half wanting another vote, as if that will solve the divide. Another bellowing about 'WTO rules', without understanding that we don't just jump in there and start pulling 'deals' out of the air like a street magician.
    I'd hazard a guess that the average man in the street doesn't even know what the WTO terms are. It's not free or frictionless trade. If you grant a lower tariff rate to one member, you have to grant the same tariff rate to all other members. And there are quotas involved. Every country is protectionist, and can't have its domestic product sales undercut by imports.

As for negotiating trade deals, it's a complex and lengthy procedure. For nigh on 46 years Britain has never had to negotiate any deal. Other countries have experienced trade negotiators. Who is going to conduct British trade negotiations? Having seen the skills exhibited during Brexit negotiations, I hope it's not one of them! They'll be eaten alive.

13. Quote Originally Posted by seivad View Post
    You must have insider knowledge, she keeps saying the negotiated deal is the only one available, the only alternative is No deal which only a small bunch of nutters want.

14. Quote Originally Posted by Alikado View Post
    You must have insider knowledge, she keeps saying the negotiated deal is the only one available, the only alternative is No deal which only a small bunch of nutters want.
    Not me! I was replying to Hamble's post in which she claimed that May has 2 plans. I was of the same opinion as you... her deal or no deal. Hamble believes that no deal is May's second plan. I believe that no deal is not a plan, it's a failure to negotiate a withdrawal agreement. A disastrous result.

See the conversation stream below

Quote Originally Posted by Hamble
    May has two plans.
    The Tory's are divided on which plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by seivad
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamble
    Quote Originally Posted by seivad

15. Quote Originally Posted by Alikado View Post
    Most of them must be on my facebook. Been a real eye opener these Brexit debates.

16. Quote Originally Posted by Ceam View Post
    It's just a cock up from start to finish.

Re your point on 'not having a vote' and 'democracy' - this from Winston Churchill - “The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.” Ooooh Yes!

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Caerphilly / Wales
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Caerphilly

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in caerphilly
Replacement Stove Glass in caerphilly
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
caerphillycaerphilly News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)