UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
FirstFirst ... ... LastLast

Thread: Putin

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by The PNP View Post
    When it comes to being sold fake goods, there are two types of person in this world....Those who will put up with being conned and do nothing - and those who insist on their money back! Well, you might be prepared to accept the patently fake LEAVE promises - but there are many who voted LEAVE in good faith, who will not.

N.B. Give it ten years, when the misguided old farts who took us out have died off - and see if there isn't a referendum taking us back in.

10 years that makes Keir Starmer just 69 and the youngest member of his shadow cabinet who hasn't left in disgust at his new "direction" is 32.

Maybe not.

Or maybe you should find out what Jo Swinson, who did so well offering us re-entry is doing ...........

Oh I looked it up

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Region
    I don't follow all threads and I only dip in and out of the forum, but even so, it's feels like it's been a while since I've seen a post from seivad, or from H / Hamble, or from TM / Toodles McGinty.

I hope they're all ok - and it's just a case that they're simply bored with the forum!

Anyone any news?
    A little birdie messaged me about your post. All's well with me, DR, thanks for asking. I've not posted anything since before Christmas, but I have looked in occasionally.

Hi, H.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamparilla
    I don't know about TM or Hamble, but I believe that seivad is now the poster known as Anon, though I might be wrong. I had a lot of time away, but when I tried to rejoin, it took a long, long time because it kept blocking me.
    You are wrong. I'm not the poster known as Anon. He or she has been a member for a long, long time. If I have something to say, I'll say it under my own name!

I couldn't figure out why you thought I was Anon, then I found one of Anon's posts on the Smart Meter thread citing Canada as an example of time of use billing (which is now optional) Take a look at the Energy Price Rises thread. Anon is clearly a UK resident.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by seivad View Post
    A little birdie messaged me about your post. All's well with me, DR, thanks for asking. I've not posted anything since before Christmas, but I have looked in occasionally.

Hi, H.

Hi Seivad glad to hear from you.

Likes / Dislikes
    You are wrong. I'm not the poster known as Anon. He or she has been a member for a long, long time. If I have something to say, I'll say it under my own name!

I couldn't figure out why you thought I was Anon, then I found one of Anon's posts on the Smart Meter thread citing Canada as an example of time of use billing (which is now optional) Take a look at the Energy Price Rises thread. Anon is clearly a UK resident.
    Yes, silly of me to think that, but yes, it was the reference to Canada that made me jump to the wrong conclusions.

Likes / Dislikes

Former BBC Moscow correspondent Angus Roxburgh charts the dramatic fight for Russia's future under Vladimir Putin. He argues that the West threw away chances to bring Russia in from the cold by failing to understand its fears and aspirations following the collapse of communism.
    Southport Library 947.0862 ROX

Since coming to power in 1999, Vladimir Putin has ruthlessly seized control of media, exiled or killed political rivals, and dismantled Russia's fragile electoral system. Masha Gessen courageously returned to Moscow to report on Putin's alarming ascent, tracking down sources who dared speak to no one else.
    Formby Library 947.0862 GES

8. Likes The PNP liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes

Question Further arming Ukraine will only destroy it …?

Angus Roxburgh is a former BBC Moscow correspondent and former consultant to the Kremlin. He suggests only two ways to quickly end Russia's war on Ukraine:
    1. "One would be for Nato to enter the war and make a quick, massive and decisive strike to cripple Russia’s invasion forces. Unlike with Russia’s actions, it would have every right under international law to do so. When Putin intervened in Syria, he very carefully framed this as a response to a request from Syria’s legitimate and internationally recognised government. The west could do the same in Ukraine. Putin himself has no such justification for his invasion.
      The risk involved in this – of a third world war – is obvious, and it’s why the west refuses to intervene directly.

2. "The other option is to persuade Putin to implement an immediate ceasefire, by inviting Russia to comprehensive peace talks. Western leaders are disinclined to parley with a butcher such as Putin. But they did it with Serbia’s Slobodan Miloševi?, only months after the massacre at Srebrenica, and the result was the Dayton agreement that put an end to the war in Bosnia in 1995."

This is stark, but altogether plausible!

Roxburgh argues that a protracted war will destroy Ukraine. Major cities and physical infrastructure will be decimated, refugees will have no homes or jobs to return to.

What is the likelihood of defeating Russia by means of indirect support through armaments and sanctions in a drawn out war? Short of a Kremlin coup ousting him, is there any prospect of ending the war that does not require dealing with Putin? In the improbable event of a Kremlin coup, is Putin likely to be replaced by someone who would hold a radically different (and peaceful) view of Russia's foreign policy priorities?

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by sandGroundZero View Post

Angus Roxburgh is a former BBC Moscow correspondent and former consultant to the Kremlin. He suggests only two ways to quickly end Russia's war on Ukraine:
    1. "One would be for Nato to enter the war and make a quick, massive and decisive strike to cripple Russia’s invasion forces. Unlike with Russia’s actions, it would have every right under international law to do so. When Putin intervened in Syria, he very carefully framed this as a response to a request from Syria’s legitimate and internationally recognised government. The west could do the same in Ukraine. Putin himself has no such justification for his invasion.
      The risk involved in this – of a third world war – is obvious, and it’s why the west refuses to intervene directly.
    2. "The other option is to persuade Putin to implement an immediate ceasefire, by inviting Russia to comprehensive peace talks. Western leaders are disinclined to parley with a butcher such as Putin. But they did it with Serbia’s Slobodan Miloševi?, only months after the massacre at Srebrenica, and the result was the Dayton agreement that put an end to the war in Bosnia in 1995."

This is stark, but altogether plausible!

Roxburgh argues that a protracted war will destroy Ukraine. Major cities and physical infrastructure will be decimated, refugees will have no homes or jobs to return to.

What is the likelihood of defeating Russia by means of indirect support through armaments and sanctions in a drawn out war? Short of a Kremlin coup ousting him, is there any prospect of ending the war that does not require dealing with Putin? In the improbable event of a Kremlin coup, is Putin likely to be replaced by someone who would hold a radically different (and peaceful) view of Russia's foreign policy priorities?

Bashar Al Assad did indeed ask Russia to help with terrorist unrest in Syria - but only after asking the USA to intervene three times. There is a video published of the Syrian Ambassador at a meeting in Washington a year before Russia agreed to help.

Until such times as it is determined otherwise, Putin is justified in intervening in the Ukraine. Putin has not taken over the media that is obvious from the publications we receive in the UK. But Western media has been taken over by America and it is in Americas interests to condemn Russia at every opportunity.

As powers of the World go - Russia has always been a rival of the USA. Recently, Russia has overtaken the USA on all military weapons and has superior air defense and attack weapons. Russia is threatening the American currency. Putin is far more popular with leaders of strategically placed countries. Putin is a strong and decisive leader, popular among his people. Compared with the USA whose economy has been struggling over the past twenty years, for which there has been many military cutbacks, several ill advised wars in country's whose only sin is that they have oil. The USA has a very weak, but war mongering for profit leadership that has led to thousands of civilian deaths and lasting destruction. Several of the leaders in the USA Government have ties to Ukrainian businesses - hence the reason for sequesting Biden's computer. The Ukraine remember, is one of the most corrupt countries in the World.

"Hunter Biden joined the board of Burisma Holdings owned by Ukrainian oligarch and former politician Mykola Zlochevsky, who was facing a money laundering investigation just after the Ukrainian revolution, in April 2014"

The information you are being given is one sided. It all comes from the USA - hence the reason to seek out independent news sources, particularly from investigative journalists.

11. Dislikes Dirac disliked this post
    Likes / Dislikes

"Until such times as it is determined otherwise,
    Putin is justified in intervening in the Ukraine."

determined by whom?

Likes / Dislikes

Hi, H.

Glad you are ok.

Likes / Dislikes
    I am still going with the theory the Covid pandemic seriously affected Putin.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/05/w...c-mindset.html

Likes / Dislikes
    I think the Profs not got his logic head on again.

Putin has taken over the media in the place that matters to him the most, Russia.

He is so afraid that he cowers from the opposition pen in his own country.

Russias equipment is strewn broken down across Ukraine dragged away by farmers.

Many of their munitions fail to work.

They have now retreated from vast parts of Ukraine.

Their flagship Moskva sunk.

They have retreated to such an extent they are reduced to indiscriminate shelling and rocket fire,that it is highly likely to include hitting his own soldiers.

Instead of hitting Ukrainian troops, their hitting schools,hospitals and empty apartment blocks.

He is a military failure, a political failure and a failure as a human being

Leading a gang of murdering thugs isn't to most of us much of an achievement.

16. Likes Lamparilla liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by sandGroundZero View Post

"Until such times as it is determined otherwise,
    Putin is justified in intervening in the Ukraine."

"Intervening" - or as honest people say, "waging illegal war, killing civilians, using mass rape as a weapon and blowing up hospitals and other non-military targets."

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by said View Post
    Bashar Al Assad did indeed ask Russia to help with terrorist unrest in Syria - but only after asking the USA to intervene three times. There is a video published of the Syrian Ambassador at a meeting in Washington a year before Russia agreed to help.

Until such times as it is determined otherwise, Putin is justified in intervening in the Ukraine. Putin has not taken over the media that is obvious from the publications we receive in the UK. But Western media has been taken over by America and it is in Americas interests to condemn Russia at every opportunity.

As powers of the World go - Russia has always been a rival of the USA. Recently, Russia has overtaken the USA on all military weapons and has superior air defense and attack weapons. Russia is threatening the American currency. Putin is far more popular with leaders of strategically placed countries. Putin is a strong and decisive leader, popular among his people. Compared with the USA whose economy has been struggling over the past twenty years, for which there has been many military cutbacks, several ill advised wars in country's whose only sin is that they have oil. The USA has a very weak, but war mongering for profit leadership that has led to thousands of civilian deaths and lasting destruction. Several of the leaders in the USA Government have ties to Ukrainian businesses - hence the reason for sequesting Biden's computer. The Ukraine remember, is one of the most corrupt countries in the World.

"Hunter Biden joined the board of Burisma Holdings owned by Ukrainian oligarch and former politician Mykola Zlochevsky, who was facing a money laundering investigation just after the Ukrainian revolution, in April 2014"

The information you are being given is one sided. It all comes from the USA - hence the reason to seek out independent news sources, particularly from investigative journalists.
    Whereas the information you have is ,of course, impeccable. WAKE UP.

As for Hunter Biden, this has nothing to do with that. But it does remind us that Trump threatened Ukraine that he would stop military aid, unless they cooperated in creating dirt on Biden. In other words he used federal funds in pursuit of his political campaign- one of many examples.

To which Ukraine, admirably told him to stick it.

Likes / Dislikes
    German Univer caves to Russian demands.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61257846

FirstFirst ... ... LastLast
Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK /
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in UK
Replacement Stove Glass in UK
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
UKUK News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)
UK MasksUK Face MasksUK KN95 MasksUK Disposable MasksUK Hand SanitiserUK Hand SanitizerUK PPEUK Bathroom SuppliesUK Cheap BathroomsUK Discount BathroomsUK Bathroom SalesUK Bathroom SuitesUK Bathroom TapsUK Basin TapsUK Bath TapsUK Kitchen TapsUK Free Standing Bath TapsUK Bath Mixer TapUK Bidet TapsUK Shower EnclosuresUK Bi Fold Shower DoorsUK Corner ShowersUK Pivot Shower DoorsUK Sliding Shower DoorsUK Shower Side PanelsUK Quadrant ShowersUK Shower TraysUK Wet-RoomsUK Bathroom ShowersUK Showers ValvesUK Showers RailsUK Showers HeadsUK Showers ArmsUK Showers HandsetsUK Showers JetsUK Showers ElbowsUK Toilet SeatsUK ToiletsUK BasinsUK Basin WastesUK Combined Toilet BasinUK Bathroom FurnitureUK BathsUK L Shaped BathUK P Shaped BathUK Bath ScreensUK SanitarywareUK Combined Toilet BasinUK StovesUK Wood StovesUK Home StovesUK Cooker StovesUK Enamel StovesUK Designer StovesUK Contemporary StovesUK Multi Fuel StovesUK Car ServicingUK MOTgUK TyresUK Car BatteryUK ExhaustUK Journalist JobsUK Reporter JobsUK Writing JobsUK Freelance WriterUK Self Employed JobsUK Franchise BusinessUK Franchise OpportunitiesUK Car InsuranceUK Cheap Car InsuranceUK Car Insurance BrokersUK Driving SchoolsUK Driving LessonsUK Driving TestUK Driving Theory TestUK Driving Instruction, 0000 UK Driving Instructor, 0000 UK VouchersUK DealsUK MatalanUK Railway SleepersUK Reclaimed SleepersUK New SleepersUK CoalUK House CoalUK Household CoalUK Smokeless CoalUK Smokeless FuelUK Coal BagsUK FirewoodUK Fire WoodUK Kiln Dried HardwoodUK Kiln Dried LogsUK Logs For SaleUK Log SuppliesUK LogsUK Firewood LogsUK Seasoned LogsUK Hardwood LogsUK Firewood SuppliersUK Firewood Log SuppliersUK Firewood Dumpy BagsUK Firewood CratesUK Cheap FirewoodUK Homefire LogsUK Cheap Firewood LogsUK Kindle ConesUK Pizza Oven LogsUK Heating OilUK Home Heating OilUK Red DieselUK White DieselUK KereseneUK Commercial FuelsUK Calor GasUK Propane GasUK Butane GasUK Heating GasUK Horse TrainingUK Horse TrainerUK Horse WhispererUK Equine WhispererUK Horse Whisperer Victoria SmithUK Rattan Garden FurnitureUK Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan SofaUK Rattan Dining SetUK Rattan DirectUK Cheap Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan Corner SofasUK Rattan Day BedsUK Rattan Sun LoungersUK Rattan Cube SetsUK Rattan Bistro SetsUK ChimeneasUK FirepitsUK Patio HeatersUK Hygiene VendingUK Washroom VendingUK Air FreshenersUK Air CareUK Aerosol SystemsUK Gel SystemsUK Water SavingUK Urinal Water SavingUK Eco CapsUK SensaflushUK Water ManagementUK Urinal DosingUK Urinal V ScreensUK Legionella Risk AssessmentUK Legionella Risk TestingUK Legionaires Risk AssessmentUK Legionella BacteriaUK Legionaires BacteriaUK Legionella ComplianceUK Legionella AdviceUK Legionella Landlords AdviceUK Legionella TestingUK Legionella CheckUK Legionella RegulationsUK Legionella Risk Assessment For LandlordsUK Legionella Water TestingUK Legionella QuoteUK Fire Stove GlassUK Heat Resistant GlassUK Fire GlassUK Stove GlassUK Fire Resistant GlassUK Replacement Stove GlassUK Glass For StovesUK Dust MatsUK Entrance MatsUK Reception MatsUK Anti Fatigue MatsUK Floor MatsUK Logo MatsUK London Washroom ServicesUK London Sanitary BinsUK London Shredding ServicesUK London Trade Waste DisposalUK London Legionella TestingUK London Clinical WasteUK Washroom ServicesUK Principal WashroomsUK Washrooms SuppliesUK Washrooms SolutionsUK Sanitary DisposalUK Sanitary BinsUK Sani BinsUK Lady BinsUK Feminine Hygiene UnitsUK Sanitary Waste DisposalUK Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Waste BinUK Sanitary Waste BinsUK Sanitary UnitsUK Feminine UnitsUK Hygiene ServicesUK Sanitary Bin SupplierUK Sanitary Bin RentalUK Sanitary Bin Rental ServicesUK Sanitary BinUK SanitarybinUK Feminine Hygiene BinsUK Female Santary BinUK Sani binUK Sani binsUK Sanibin RentalUK Sanitary BoxUK Sanitary BoxesUK Sanitary Bin QuoteUK Sanitary Bin PriceUK Sanitary Bin CostUK Sanitary Disposal QuoteUK Sanitary Disposal PriceUK Sanitary Disposal CostUK Free Duty of CareUK Tampon BinUK Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Tampon BinUK Sanitary Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Towel BinUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Feminine WasteUK Feminine Hygiene WasteUK Sanitary Waste RegulationsUK Sanitary Waste LawUK Sanitary Bins LawUK Sanitary Bins For Small BusinessUK Sanitary Bin Service CostUK Sanitary Bin Collection CostUK Disposal of Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Sanitary Towel DisposalUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK Biomass WasteUK Metal WasteUK Paper ShreddingUK Local ShreddingUK Secure ShreddingUK Confidential ShreddingUK Document DestructionUK Confidential WasteUK Confidential Waste ServiceUK Confidential Waste ServicesUK Confidential Waste ShreddingUK Confidential Waste DisposalUK Confidential Waste DestructionUK On Site ShreddingUK Off Site ShreddingUK One Off ShreddingUK Contract ShreddingUK GDPR ShreddingUK ShreddingUK Document ShreddingUK Shredding ServicesUK Mobile ShreddingUK Dental WasteUK Dental Waste DisposalUK Dental Waste LegislationUK Dental Waste ComplianceUK Accupuncture WasteUK Accupuncture Waste DisposalUK Accupuncture Waste CollectionAccupuncture Waste in UKAccupuncture Waste Disposal in UKAccupuncture Waste Collection in UKUK Acupuncture WasteUK Acupuncture Waste DisposalUK Acupuncture Waste CollectionUK Acupuncture Waste ServiceUK Acupuncture Clinical WasteUK Acupuncture SharpsUK Acupuncture NeedlesUK Beauty Salon Clincical WasteUK Beauty Salon MicrobladingUK Beauty Salon NeedlesUK Beauty Salon SharpsUK Tattoo WasteUK Tattoo Waste DisposalTattoo Waste in UKTattoo Waste Disposal in UKTattoo Waste Collection in UKTattoo Waste Compliance in UKTattoo Waste Services in UKTattoo Clinical Waste in UKTattoo Sharps in UKTattoo Needles in UKUK Sharps BinUK Sharps BinsUK Sharps CollectionUK Sharps DisposalUK Hazardous SharpsUK Non Hazardous SharpsUK Cytotoxic SharpsUK Cytostatic SharpsUK Ink BlockUK Wet_WasteUK Tattoo InkUK Drug DestructionUK Drug DisposalUK Drug DenaturingUK Unwanted DrugsUK Out Of Date DrugsUK Pest ControlUK Rodent ControlUK Bird ControlUK Bird ProofingUK Guano ControlUK Pest Call OutUK Pest PreventionUK Pest DeterrentUK Nursery WasteUK Nappy WasteUK Nappy BinUK Nappy BinsUK Nappy DisposalUK Nappy Wheelie BinUK Nursery Waste DisposalUK Nursery Waste CollectionUK Nappy Waste RegulationsUK Commercial Nappy WasteUK Nappy Disposal BinUK Nappy Waste CollectionUK Incontinence PadsUK Offensive WasteUK Human WasteUK Nursing Home WasteUK Care Home WasteUK Hazardous WasteUK Infectous WasteUK Pharmaceutical WasteUK Medicinal WasteUK Medicine WasteUK Infection ControlUK Hand SanitisersUK Clinical WasteUK Clinical Waste RemovalUK Clinical Waste CollectionUK Clinical Waste RegulationsUK Clinical Waste DisposalUK Clinical Waste ManagementUK Clinical Waste PolicyUK EA RegistrationSell my scrap van in UKWashroom Services in TarletonSanitary bins quoteGarden Services in SouthportGarden Services in OrmskirkGarden Services in FormybGarden Services in TarletonUK Path GravelUK Path GravelsUK GravelUK GravelsUK Garden Path GravelUK Decorative GravelsUK Cotswold GravelUK Bulk AggregatesUK Mass AggregatesUK Aggregates SuppliersUK Aggregate SuppliersUK Bulk Bags AggregatesUK Bulk BagsUK Mot Type 1UK Mot Type 2UK Top SoilUK Building SandUK Grit SandUK Fine SandUK Play SandUK Top Dressing SandUK Silica SandUK Mersey SandUK Kiln Dried SandUK Plastering SandUK Crusher RunUK DustUK BallestUK HardcoreUK GritUK Horticultural GritUK Alpine GritUK LimestoneUK GraniteUK Cotswold ChippingsUK Golden FlintUK MoonstoneUK Pea GravelUK Cheshire PinkUK Yorkshire CreamUK Derbyshire Peak StoneUK Green BallastUK Autumn GoldUK Pink GravelUK Blue SlateUK Plum SlateUK Grey SlateUK Welsh SlateUK Play BarkUK Chip BarkUK Christmas TreesUK Xmas TreesUK Artificial TreeUK Christmas Decorations