UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
FirstFirst ... LastLast
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by said View Post

There is no need to refer to anyone as being different in any way. They are either good people or not.

Apart from when you refuse to go near Turkish barbers, Thai massage, etc etc.

2. Likes donkey22 liked this post

3. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Toodles McGinty View Post
    Apart from when you refuse to go near Turkish barbers, Thai massage, etc etc.

Yes. That dry humour sort of went over your head, didn't it?

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside View Post
    We are all coloured people and/or people of colour. My personal colour varies from pink with freckles in summer to pale blue in winter, by no means a lovely shade of brown, but I am nevertheless very definitely coloured.

Some British people have a preference for orange coloured skin too.

Likes / Dislikes
    Some British people have a preference for orange coloured skin too.
    When I worked in the military in the Middle East in the 80s we were known as 'red men'.

However, as red men we were not deemed to be in anyway inferior, and were not disciminated against.

But, the fact is that when 'colored ' was commonly used, those so described were.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by seivad View Post
    I wouldn't say his language was at worst unfortunate. I would call it disrespectful. When referring to a woman who will shortly occupy the second highest position in the Executive Branch of the most powerful country in the world, if anyone believes it's acceptable to reduce her to a single word based on one of her parent's ethnicity, they don't belong in a political position which requires the use of a little thing called diplomacy.

By virtue of her being the VP Elect, her career in the Senate and as the Attorney General for the State of California, Kamala Harris deserves a little more than being defined as 'the Indian'. He was on Twitter and could easily have Googled 'Joe Biden's VP'. He obviously didn't think it was worth the bother.

And why didn't he use the obvious, perfectly acceptable and commonly used alternative by using her official job title? : 'What happens if Biden moves on and the Vice President becomes President? Who then becomes Vice President?'

I have no idea if this man is racist or not. I am 100% certain that he's dismissive of a woman in such a high office.
    Not really - I do not think he was being intentionally disrespectful. Ms. Harris has spent most of her life involved with her mother's side of the family. She was in India for much of her early life and was strongly influenced by her Indian grandfather. Ms. Harris became familiar with Hinduism and attended a Hindu Temple with her mother. Ms. Harris has technically identified herself as being Indian.

It is not Ms.Harris's colour which gives rise to queries about her suitability for such a position and questionable popularity among the American people.

Likes / Dislikes
    Not really - I do not think he was being intentionally disrespectful. Ms. Harris has spent most of her life involved with her mother's side of the family. She was in India for much of her early life and was strongly influenced by her Indian grandfather. Ms. Harris became familiar with Hinduism and attended a Hindu Temple with her mother. Ms. Harris has technically identified herself as being Indian.

It is not Ms.Harris's colour which gives rise to queries about her suitability for such a position and questionable popularity among the American people.
    You are right he wasn't being intentionally disrespectful, he is ingrained with such bigotry it is just natural to him.
    Her mother has been in the US since her teens, Kamala was born and educated in the US, have you any links to back up your usual horse*****?
    What is it that raises questions about her suitability for VP and why is her popularity questionable, surely if she wasn't popular Biden wouldn't have been elected?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamala_Harris

9. Likes Toodles McGinty liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes

Kamala Harris was born in California and therefore American.

11. Likes Toodles McGinty liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamble View Post
    Am I right in understanding that both her parents were born "British" in the real sense of the word? India was part of the British Empire, where her Mum was born, as was Jamaica where her Dad was born. She might well call herself a British-American?
    Age is simply a matter of mind - age doesn't matter if you don't mind

Likes / Dislikes

She went to Thousand Oaks Elementary School, age 12 moved to Quebec where she went to Notre-Dame-des-Neiges & Westmount High School.

She did indeed visit a Hindu Temple in Oakland California!

She visited Madras several times as a child, hardly 'much of her early life'

14. Likes Toodles McGinty liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hector View Post
    When I worked in the military in the Middle East in the 80s we were known as 'red men'.

However, as red men we were not deemed to be in anyway inferior, and were not disciminated against.

But, the fact is that when 'colored ' was commonly used, those so described were.

Ha!Ha! I can imagine that. But after your tan became established, were you all referred to the same?

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamble View Post

Absolutely. Just as Obama was born in Honolulu.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Alikado View Post
    You are right he wasn't being intentionally disrespectful, he is ingrained with such bigotry it is just natural to him.
    Her mother has been in the US since her teens, Kamala was born and educated in the US, have you any links to back up your usual horse*****?
    What is it that raises questions about her suitability for VP and why is her popularity questionable, surely if she wasn't popular Biden wouldn't have been elected?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamala_Harris

My usual horse **** came from the very link you have published - did you not read it?

As for Mr. Taylor - he also insulted one of his own countrymen by inferring he was English? Mr.Taylor is an Ulsterman. If I go over to Northern Ireland I receive the same type of abuse - I am absolutely not bothered because I give back what I receive. (Their intolerance of English people has more to do with history) That is how it always was and I am completely familiar with it. Now we come to the point as to who is 'offended'? Is it the person to whom the comment is made, or is it to the woke people listening in?

As a white person, I have received abuse from a Chinese person. To you - this would have been 'racial' - to me it was a matter of discussing just how and why I was singled out. The incident was easily sorted and forgotten about without any ill feelings. If that person had confronted me with a two handled sword of war, it would have been different - but verbal??

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by gsgsgs View Post
    She went to Thousand Oaks Elementary School, age 12 moved to Quebec where she went to Notre-Dame-des-Neiges & Westmount High School.

She did indeed visit a Hindu Temple in Oakland California!

She visited Madras several times as a child, hardly 'much of her early life'
    True - she was taught Hinduism by her mother to whom she was closest, and was strongly influenced by her mother's father. (Her own father had divorced her mother when she was twelve.) But that is one explanation as to why someone may identify her as being Indian, do you not think?

Although personally, she calls herself African/American after her father's lineage.

Colour, Creed, background nor intellectual ability have anything to do with becoming a President in the USA - it is purely money. Biden was a known figurehead. Ms. Harris a complete outsider. She would have to be introduced to the American public before she could be put forward for the President's position - which being ambitious, she desires above everything else. (As published in an article in Macleans Publishing) Ms Harris is supported by both Obama, who himself is supported by the Kennedy's) and Hilary Clinton as well as the Getty family and Soros. * Her personal financial position is not clear but she does has more money than Biden

* You will need to read this which is supported by a number of other publications - but I have yet to confirm the details

https://issuesinsights.com/2020/11/1...all-the-shots/

also.................
    https://www.zeebiz.com/india/news-me...senator-139398

https://www.politico.eu/article/kama...-need-to-know/

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek H View Post
    Am I right in understanding that both her parents were born "British" in the real sense of the word? India was part of the British Empire, where her Mum was born, as was Jamaica where her Dad was born. She might well call herself a British-American?
    Nationality as being an American Citizen is crucial in politics to run for president.

Ethnic heritage is a personal issue for the owner to state.

I have never heard of India born people claiming they are British by Nationality under Colonialism.

Likes / Dislikes
    The rise of Kamala might be the most interesting part of the new administration she is bright and no shrinking violet.

The support act for the past it pensioner might be something she doesn't take to.

I think she could be the one interesting thing to come out of Trump defeating himself.

I shall watch her with interest.

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK /
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in UK
Replacement Stove Glass in UK
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
UKUK News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)
UK MasksUK Face MasksUK KN95 MasksUK Disposable MasksUK Hand SanitiserUK Hand SanitizerUK PPEUK Bathroom SuppliesUK Cheap BathroomsUK Discount BathroomsUK Bathroom SalesUK Bathroom SuitesUK Bathroom TapsUK Basin TapsUK Bath TapsUK Kitchen TapsUK Free Standing Bath TapsUK Bath Mixer TapUK Bidet TapsUK Shower EnclosuresUK Bi Fold Shower DoorsUK Corner ShowersUK Pivot Shower DoorsUK Sliding Shower DoorsUK Shower Side PanelsUK Quadrant ShowersUK Shower TraysUK Wet-RoomsUK Bathroom ShowersUK Showers ValvesUK Showers RailsUK Showers HeadsUK Showers ArmsUK Showers HandsetsUK Showers JetsUK Showers ElbowsUK Toilet SeatsUK ToiletsUK BasinsUK Basin WastesUK Combined Toilet BasinUK Bathroom FurnitureUK BathsUK L Shaped BathUK P Shaped BathUK Bath ScreensUK SanitarywareUK Combined Toilet BasinUK StovesUK Wood StovesUK Home StovesUK Cooker StovesUK Enamel StovesUK Designer StovesUK Contemporary StovesUK Multi Fuel StovesUK Car ServicingUK MOTgUK TyresUK Car BatteryUK ExhaustUK Journalist JobsUK Reporter JobsUK Writing JobsUK Freelance WriterUK Self Employed JobsUK Franchise BusinessUK Franchise OpportunitiesUK Car InsuranceUK Cheap Car InsuranceUK Car Insurance BrokersUK Driving SchoolsUK Driving LessonsUK Driving TestUK Driving Theory TestUK Driving Instruction, 0000 UK Driving Instructor, 0000 UK VouchersUK DealsUK MatalanUK Railway SleepersUK Reclaimed SleepersUK New SleepersUK CoalUK House CoalUK Household CoalUK Smokeless CoalUK Smokeless FuelUK Coal BagsUK FirewoodUK Fire WoodUK Kiln Dried HardwoodUK Kiln Dried LogsUK Logs For SaleUK Log SuppliesUK LogsUK Firewood LogsUK Seasoned LogsUK Hardwood LogsUK Firewood SuppliersUK Firewood Log SuppliersUK Firewood Dumpy BagsUK Firewood CratesUK Cheap FirewoodUK Homefire LogsUK Cheap Firewood LogsUK Kindle ConesUK Pizza Oven LogsUK Heating OilUK Home Heating OilUK Red DieselUK White DieselUK KereseneUK Commercial FuelsUK Calor GasUK Propane GasUK Butane GasUK Heating GasUK Horse TrainingUK Horse TrainerUK Horse WhispererUK Equine WhispererUK Horse Whisperer Victoria SmithUK Rattan Garden FurnitureUK Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan SofaUK Rattan Dining SetUK Rattan DirectUK Cheap Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan Corner SofasUK Rattan Day BedsUK Rattan Sun LoungersUK Rattan Cube SetsUK Rattan Bistro SetsUK ChimeneasUK FirepitsUK Patio HeatersUK Hygiene VendingUK Washroom VendingUK Air FreshenersUK Air CareUK Aerosol SystemsUK Gel SystemsUK Water SavingUK Urinal Water SavingUK Eco CapsUK SensaflushUK Water ManagementUK Urinal DosingUK Urinal V ScreensUK Legionella Risk AssessmentUK Legionella Risk TestingUK Legionaires Risk AssessmentUK Legionella BacteriaUK Legionaires BacteriaUK Legionella ComplianceUK Legionella AdviceUK Legionella Landlords AdviceUK Legionella TestingUK Legionella CheckUK Legionella RegulationsUK Legionella Risk Assessment For LandlordsUK Legionella Water TestingUK Legionella QuoteUK Fire Stove GlassUK Heat Resistant GlassUK Fire GlassUK Stove GlassUK Fire Resistant GlassUK Replacement Stove GlassUK Glass For StovesUK Dust MatsUK Entrance MatsUK Reception MatsUK Anti Fatigue MatsUK Floor MatsUK Logo MatsUK London Washroom ServicesUK London Sanitary BinsUK London Shredding ServicesUK London Trade Waste DisposalUK London Legionella TestingUK London Clinical WasteUK Washroom ServicesUK Principal WashroomsUK Washrooms SuppliesUK Washrooms SolutionsUK Sanitary DisposalUK Sanitary BinsUK Sani BinsUK Lady BinsUK Feminine Hygiene UnitsUK Sanitary Waste DisposalUK Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Waste BinUK Sanitary Waste BinsUK Sanitary UnitsUK Feminine UnitsUK Hygiene ServicesUK Sanitary Bin SupplierUK Sanitary Bin RentalUK Sanitary Bin Rental ServicesUK Sanitary BinUK SanitarybinUK Feminine Hygiene BinsUK Female Santary BinUK Sani binUK Sani binsUK Sanibin RentalUK Sanitary BoxUK Sanitary BoxesUK Sanitary Bin QuoteUK Sanitary Bin PriceUK Sanitary Bin CostUK Sanitary Disposal QuoteUK Sanitary Disposal PriceUK Sanitary Disposal CostUK Free Duty of CareUK Tampon BinUK Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Tampon BinUK Sanitary Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Towel BinUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Feminine WasteUK Feminine Hygiene WasteUK Sanitary Waste RegulationsUK Sanitary Waste LawUK Sanitary Bins LawUK Sanitary Bins For Small BusinessUK Sanitary Bin Service CostUK Sanitary Bin Collection CostUK Disposal of Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Sanitary Towel DisposalUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK Biomass WasteUK Metal WasteUK Paper ShreddingUK Local ShreddingUK Secure ShreddingUK Confidential ShreddingUK Document DestructionUK Confidential WasteUK Confidential Waste ServiceUK Confidential Waste ServicesUK Confidential Waste ShreddingUK Confidential Waste DisposalUK Confidential Waste DestructionUK On Site ShreddingUK Off Site ShreddingUK One Off ShreddingUK Contract ShreddingUK GDPR ShreddingUK ShreddingUK Document ShreddingUK Shredding ServicesUK Mobile ShreddingUK Dental WasteUK Dental Waste DisposalUK Dental Waste LegislationUK Dental Waste ComplianceUK Accupuncture WasteUK Accupuncture Waste DisposalUK Accupuncture Waste CollectionAccupuncture Waste in UKAccupuncture Waste Disposal in UKAccupuncture Waste Collection in UKUK Acupuncture WasteUK Acupuncture Waste DisposalUK Acupuncture Waste CollectionUK Acupuncture Waste ServiceUK Acupuncture Clinical WasteUK Acupuncture SharpsUK Acupuncture NeedlesUK Beauty Salon Clincical WasteUK Beauty Salon MicrobladingUK Beauty Salon NeedlesUK Beauty Salon SharpsUK Tattoo WasteUK Tattoo Waste DisposalTattoo Waste in UKTattoo Waste Disposal in UKTattoo Waste Collection in UKTattoo Waste Compliance in UKTattoo Waste Services in UKTattoo Clinical Waste in UKTattoo Sharps in UKTattoo Needles in UKUK Sharps BinUK Sharps BinsUK Sharps CollectionUK Sharps DisposalUK Hazardous SharpsUK Non Hazardous SharpsUK Cytotoxic SharpsUK Cytostatic SharpsUK Ink BlockUK Wet_WasteUK Tattoo InkUK Drug DestructionUK Drug DisposalUK Drug DenaturingUK Unwanted DrugsUK Out Of Date DrugsUK Pest ControlUK Rodent ControlUK Bird ControlUK Bird ProofingUK Guano ControlUK Pest Call OutUK Pest PreventionUK Pest DeterrentUK Nursery WasteUK Nappy WasteUK Nappy BinUK Nappy BinsUK Nappy DisposalUK Nappy Wheelie BinUK Nursery Waste DisposalUK Nursery Waste CollectionUK Nappy Waste RegulationsUK Commercial Nappy WasteUK Nappy Disposal BinUK Nappy Waste CollectionUK Incontinence PadsUK Offensive WasteUK Human WasteUK Nursing Home WasteUK Care Home WasteUK Hazardous WasteUK Infectous WasteUK Pharmaceutical WasteUK Medicinal WasteUK Medicine WasteUK Infection ControlUK Hand SanitisersUK Clinical WasteUK Clinical Waste RemovalUK Clinical Waste CollectionUK Clinical Waste RegulationsUK Clinical Waste DisposalUK Clinical Waste ManagementUK Clinical Waste PolicyUK EA RegistrationSell my scrap van in UKWashroom Services in TarletonSanitary bins quoteGarden Services in SouthportGarden Services in OrmskirkGarden Services in FormybGarden Services in TarletonUK Path GravelUK Path GravelsUK GravelUK GravelsUK Garden Path GravelUK Decorative GravelsUK Cotswold GravelUK Bulk AggregatesUK Mass AggregatesUK Aggregates SuppliersUK Aggregate SuppliersUK Bulk Bags AggregatesUK Bulk BagsUK Mot Type 1UK Mot Type 2UK Top SoilUK Building SandUK Grit SandUK Fine SandUK Play SandUK Top Dressing SandUK Silica SandUK Mersey SandUK Kiln Dried SandUK Plastering SandUK Crusher RunUK DustUK BallestUK HardcoreUK GritUK Horticultural GritUK Alpine GritUK LimestoneUK GraniteUK Cotswold ChippingsUK Golden FlintUK MoonstoneUK Pea GravelUK Cheshire PinkUK Yorkshire CreamUK Derbyshire Peak StoneUK Green BallastUK Autumn GoldUK Pink GravelUK Blue SlateUK Plum SlateUK Grey SlateUK Welsh SlateUK Play BarkUK Chip BarkUK Christmas TreesUK Xmas TreesUK Artificial TreeUK Christmas Decorations