UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
FirstFirst ... ... LastLast
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by The PNP View Post
    It takes me only 20mins to cycle to work (driving would be about 10mins depending on traffic).....But your suggestion to walk, would take me an hour!

Far from it, go on your bike just don't create havoc for everyone else to do it.

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    What members do in their own time online is their own concern....Whether a member (or members) of P'n'P decide to join Q-local and post pro-cycling comments is entirely up to them....If it has ever happened, I really wouldn't be knowing - and I would neither encourage nor discourage it.

Whether a member (or members) of P'n'P decide to join Q-local and post pro-cycling comments is entirely up to them....If it has ever happened, I really wouldn't be knowing...
    Sure, members of the P'n'P would never have realised that Q-Local's prolific pro-cycling poster named the PNP was connected to the P'n'P... Utter nonsense! How dim would they have had to be not to have immediately realised?!

...and I would neither encourage nor discourage it.
    More utter nonsense!

Although...I suppose this website's owner might be a bit disappointed to learn from you that you couldn't be bothered to encourage any of those supposed hundreds of your fellow P'n'P members to have joined Q-Local and posted here. And furthermore that you couldn't be bothered to even mention to those hundreds of fellow P'n'P'ers about the existence of Q-Local forums.

4. Likes Styx liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Region View Post
    A) Sure, members of the P'n'P would never have realised that Q-Local's prolific pro-cycling poster named the PNP was connected to the P'n'P... Utter nonsense! How dim would they have had to be not to have immediately realised?!

B) Although...I suppose this website's owner might be a bit disappointed to learn from you that you couldn't be bothered to encourage any of those supposed hundreds of your fellow P'n'P members to have joined Q-Local and posted here. And furthermore that you couldn't be bothered to even mention to those hundreds of fellow P'n'P'ers about the existence of Q-Local forums.
    A) I'm sure if any of our members were/are on here, they would pretty soon have made the connection....If not by my PNP 'avatar', then by the pro-cycle-infrastructure posts I regularly make.

B) Apart from when recruiting, I rarely get the chance to chat directly with member/s - we are not some sort of social club!
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes
    A) I'm sure if any of our members were/are on here, they would pretty soon have made the connection....If not by my PNP 'avatar', then by the pro-cycle-infrastructure posts I regularly make.
    Erm, good to hear you repeat my point!

B) Apart from when recruiting, I rarely get the chance to chat directly with member/s - we are not some sort of social club!
    "recruiting"

"I rarely get the chance to chat directly with member/s"

No headquarters, no website, no social media presence, etc, plus...little to no communication! Little wonder it withered on the vine.

And even if the topic of Q-Local had have happened to come up in a conversation then joining Q-Local would not have been something you would have "encouraged" anyway.

Likes / Dislikes
    A) No headquarters, no website, no social media presence, etc, plus...little to no communication! Little wonder it withered on the vine.

B) And even if the topic of Q-Local had have happened to come up in a conversation then joining Q-Local would not have been something you would have "encouraged" anyway.
    A) No costs either! If you'll fund a website/headquarters, then sure we'll take it - meanwhile an email Newsletter to members works just fine!

N.B. If you're looking for an actual cycling club, with bricks and mortar headquarters and weekly meetups, there's always Southport Cycling Club. They've been going a whole lot longer than us - give 'em a try and you won't be disappointed.

B) When chatting with/recruiting a potential new member, conversation centres on what has been done/what more can be done on the ground to make life safer for us .
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes
    A) No costs either! If you'll fund a website/headquarters, then sure we'll take it - meanwhile an email Newsletter to members works just fine!
    Erm, you introduced the mention of a social club and thereby the absence of bricks-and-mortar! I merely agreed that the little-to-no communication P'n'P also wasn't that! That it neither had a website (digital) nor a social media presence (digital) in addition to it not having a physical presence! Do keep up!

N.B. If you're looking for an actual cycling club, with bricks and mortar headquarters and weekly meetups, there's always Southport Cycling Club. They've been going a whole lot longer than us - give 'em a try and you won't be disappointed.
    Erm, as I've pointed out, you introduced the notion of a club! Do keep up!

So, then, SCC have a physical presence and I've just checked to see that they also have a digital presence with an impressively designed and comprehensive website! Good for them, eh?! Lol.

B) When chatting with/recruiting a potential new member, conversation centres on what has been/what more can be, done on the ground to make life safer for us.
    Still wittering about "recruitment"!

For members communication, that which would have serviced that need would have been something like -oh, let's see- an online forum...

If only there had been an existing local online forum, ideally one that was already continually riddled with cycling related threads...!

Indeed, as I said earlier:

Although...I suppose this website's owner might be a bit disappointed to learn from you that you couldn't be bothered to encourage any of those supposed hundreds of your fellow P'n'P members to have joined Q-Local and posted here. And furthermore that you couldn't be bothered to even mention to those hundreds of fellow P'n'P'ers about the existence of Q-Local forums.

Likes / Dislikes
    For members communication, that which would have serviced that need would have been something like -oh, let's see- an online forum...If only there had been an existing local online forum, ideally one that was already continually riddled with cycling related threads...!
    Any member can communicate simply by sending in an email, or even by 'snailmail', which does occasionally happen.

Trying to piggyback our group onto a public forum like Q-local sounds like a great plan. That is, until you consider the disruptive posts that several of the anti-cycling dudes on here, would inevitably delight in interjecting into our proceedings - duh!
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes

Trying to piggyback our group onto a public forum like Q-local sounds like a great plan. That is, until you consider the disruptive posts that several of the anti-cycling dudes on here, would inevitably delight in interjecting into our proceedings - duh!
    Or you could consider the disruptive posts that at least one of the anti-motorists dudes on here would inevitably delight in interjecting into our proceedings - duh!

Your hypocrisy continues to utterly beggar belief.

11. Likes The PNP liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    A) It's in built-up areas where the need for safe cycle tarmac is greatest, since that's where the majority of shorter trips are made. But I don't know where you are getting your 'demolition' from. We're not talking about putting three-lane motorways through here, just safe cycleways alongside main roads.

B) Bearing in mind the very pressing #Climate Emergency we're all in, would it be any bad thing if more people migrated back to working and shopping less far away? Whilst there will always be the need for a percentage of longer cross-country trips, many other trips are short by their nature. E.g. all the many everyday trips made by those living and working/attending school/college etc, within their own towns and conurbations.
    Your para B), You do talk wet at times, many of our villages, towns even cities were built around a premier industry, those industries are now much diminished or vanished all together, now you tell me just what the people living in those areas do for work, surprise, surprise, they travel, public transport very often doesn't meet the needs, so they turn to the car, in your fantasy world everyone should cycle, but that is only in your fantasy world.

The answer will come from vehicles with lower and lower emissions, because there is and will be for some time a need for a mobile workforce.

13. Likes Stuartli liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by silver fox View Post
    A) Your para B), You do talk wet at times, many of our villages, towns even cities were built around a premier industry, those industries are now much diminished or vanished all together, now you tell me just what the people living in those areas do for work, surprise, surprise, they travel, public transport very often doesn't meet the needs, so they turn to the car, in your fantasy world everyone should cycle, but that is only in your fantasy world.

B) The answer will come from vehicles with lower and lower emissions, because there is and will be for some time a need for a mobile workforce.
    A) Nothing so dramatic.....Though it would be better for everyone, if those who can, did cycle when it's practical to do so. If that were to happen, around 30% of local motor traffic would disappear, reducing congestion and parking issues by 30% for those who had to drive.

B) Ah, the advent of hybrid and in particular electric cars. Until the electricity they 'refuel' with is entirely generated by zero-emission methods, they will continue to be responsible for raising global CO2 levels. Even an electric bike currently falls into the same carbon trap, though to a way lesser extent - unless of course, it's charged up at home via solar cells!
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes
    Any member can communicate simply by sending in an email, or even by 'snailmail', which does occasionally happen.
    As occasionally as hi-vis P'n'P tops are spotted, no doubt!

It is bizarre that the solution and its ready availability never occurred to you! If anyone deserves an almighty "duh!", it's you!

interjecting into our proceedings
    Who suggested the P'n'P should have been holding a form of policy meeting on a Q thread! Lol. Again - check your comprehension! It would have been a solution to the problem of little-to-no communication, as I clearly said. Then, of course, there's the benefits of Q's PM facility...

Of course, the obvious answer remains as to the mystery of why the only P'n'P member to post on these forums was you: because the actual active P'n'P membership, even at its peak, was a miniscule number.

I suggest you take a look at the excellent Southport Cycling Club website (as well as their social media portfolio) as an example of how it's done.

16. Likes Stuartli, silver fox liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    A) Who suggested the P'n'P should have been holding a form of policy meeting on a Q thread! Lol. Again - check your comprehension! It would have been a solution to the problem of little-to-no communication, as I clearly said. Then, of course, there's the benefits of Q's PM facility...

B) Of course, the obvious answer remains as to the mystery of why the only P'n'P member to post on these forums was you: because the actual active P'n'P membership, even at its peak, was a miniscule number.

C) I suggest you take a look at the excellent Southport Cycling Club website (as well as their social media portfolio) as an example of how it's done.
    A) Why would P'n'P members need to communicate via Q-locals PM facility, when they can send stuff in using their usual email accounts?

B) I'd hardly call 300 odd memberships 'miniscule', it's in the same ballpark as SCC's total membership.

C) Better than that, I have before now physically visited the clubhouse itself!
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes
    A) Why would P'n'P members need to communicate via Q-locals PM facility, when they can send stuff in using their usual email accounts?
    You talked of little-to-no communication and occasional emails. Bizarrely, you still seem blind to the benefits of having cycling enthusiasts and pressure group members engaging in a local forum where lively cycling threads seem to have long been a mainstay. The PM facility would then have been a useful and natural recourse for members to communicate privately about thoughts and issues that had arisen in the threads or had developed from them and that had probably branched into P'n'P matters; useful as a private channel, free from -oh, what was it again...- "anti-cycling dudes interjecting into your proceedings"

This is starting to feel like I'm explaining to a stubborn child!

How long did your website last again?!

B) I'd hardly call 300 odd memberships 'miniscule', it's in the same ballpark as SCC's total membership.
    On yeah - the 300+ membership who presumably all received a free hi-vis P'n'P top that apparently no-one on this forum has ever spotted, and a 300+ membership of cycling enthusiasts who never posted on any of the incredible number of cycling related threads that have appeared on the forums of this local site, apart from you that is, the P'n'P website designer and P'n'P 'recruiter', with his thousands of cycling posts!

As to the current active membership of the obsolete group - you and the stamp donator.

C) Better than that, I have before now physically visited the clubhouse itself!
    Silly! I'm sure that taught you a lot about designing and maintaining a successful website and social media channels.

Again, as I said:

I suggest you take a look at the excellent Southport Cycling Club website (as well as their social media portfolio) as an example of how it's done.

Likes / Dislikes

B) When chatting with/recruiting a potential new member, conversation centres on what has been done/what more can be done on the ground to make life safer for us .
    From talking to a group of SCC members, (a neighbour and friend is a member), I mentioned your presence on the forum, as I have no wish to receive a warning or ban, I will not repeat the opinions expressed by this group, OK, just a small number, but very clear.

Likes / Dislikes
    A) You talked of little-to-no communication and occasional emails. Bizarrely, you still seem blind to the benefits of having cycling enthusiasts and pressure group members engaging in a local forum where lively cycling threads seem to have long been a mainstay. The PM facility would then have been a useful and natural recourse for members to communicate privately about thoughts and issues that had arisen in the threads or had developed from them and that had probably branched into P'n'P matters; useful as a private channel, free from -oh, what was it again...- "anti-cycling dudes interjecting into your proceedings"

This is starting to feel like I'm explaining to a stubborn child!

How long did your website last again?!

On yeah - the 300+ membership who presumably all received a free hi-vis P'n'P top that apparently no-one on this forum has ever spotted, and a 300+ membership of cycling enthusiasts who never posted on any of the incredible number of cycling related threads that have appeared on the forums of this local site, apart from you that is, the P'n'P website designer and P'n'P 'recruiter', with his thousands of cycling posts!

As to the current active membership of the obsolete group - you and the stamp donator.

B) Silly! I'm sure that taught you a lot about designing and maintaining a successful website and social media channels.

Again, as I said:
    A) Anyone who signed up, signed up to our objectives. We are of one mind and want the same thing, i.e. a safer environment in which to ride our bikes.....Which in the fullness of time, has helped towards achieving significant progress. E.g. designation of 'Southport Cycling Town', a traffic-free Chapel Street where cycling is permitted, rollout of 20mph zones, more/better cycle-lanes and dedicated bike tarmac.

B) Websites are fine, but who's going to pay for them?
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

FirstFirst ... ... LastLast
Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK /
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in UK
Replacement Stove Glass in UK
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
UKUK News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)
UK MasksUK Face MasksUK KN95 MasksUK Disposable MasksUK Hand SanitiserUK Hand SanitizerUK PPEUK Bathroom SuppliesUK Cheap BathroomsUK Discount BathroomsUK Bathroom SalesUK Bathroom SuitesUK Bathroom TapsUK Basin TapsUK Bath TapsUK Kitchen TapsUK Free Standing Bath TapsUK Bath Mixer TapUK Bidet TapsUK Shower EnclosuresUK Bi Fold Shower DoorsUK Corner ShowersUK Pivot Shower DoorsUK Sliding Shower DoorsUK Shower Side PanelsUK Quadrant ShowersUK Shower TraysUK Wet-RoomsUK Bathroom ShowersUK Showers ValvesUK Showers RailsUK Showers HeadsUK Showers ArmsUK Showers HandsetsUK Showers JetsUK Showers ElbowsUK Toilet SeatsUK ToiletsUK BasinsUK Basin WastesUK Combined Toilet BasinUK Bathroom FurnitureUK BathsUK L Shaped BathUK P Shaped BathUK Bath ScreensUK SanitarywareUK Combined Toilet BasinUK StovesUK Wood StovesUK Home StovesUK Cooker StovesUK Enamel StovesUK Designer StovesUK Contemporary StovesUK Multi Fuel StovesUK Car ServicingUK MOTgUK TyresUK Car BatteryUK ExhaustUK Journalist JobsUK Reporter JobsUK Writing JobsUK Freelance WriterUK Self Employed JobsUK Franchise BusinessUK Franchise OpportunitiesUK Car InsuranceUK Cheap Car InsuranceUK Car Insurance BrokersUK Driving SchoolsUK Driving LessonsUK Driving TestUK Driving Theory TestUK Driving Instruction, 0000 UK Driving Instructor, 0000 UK VouchersUK DealsUK MatalanUK Railway SleepersUK Reclaimed SleepersUK New SleepersUK CoalUK House CoalUK Household CoalUK Smokeless CoalUK Smokeless FuelUK Coal BagsUK FirewoodUK Fire WoodUK Kiln Dried HardwoodUK Kiln Dried LogsUK Logs For SaleUK Log SuppliesUK LogsUK Firewood LogsUK Seasoned LogsUK Hardwood LogsUK Firewood SuppliersUK Firewood Log SuppliersUK Firewood Dumpy BagsUK Firewood CratesUK Cheap FirewoodUK Homefire LogsUK Cheap Firewood LogsUK Kindle ConesUK Pizza Oven LogsUK Heating OilUK Home Heating OilUK Red DieselUK White DieselUK KereseneUK Commercial FuelsUK Calor GasUK Propane GasUK Butane GasUK Heating GasUK Horse TrainingUK Horse TrainerUK Horse WhispererUK Equine WhispererUK Horse Whisperer Victoria SmithUK Rattan Garden FurnitureUK Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan SofaUK Rattan Dining SetUK Rattan DirectUK Cheap Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan Corner SofasUK Rattan Day BedsUK Rattan Sun LoungersUK Rattan Cube SetsUK Rattan Bistro SetsUK ChimeneasUK FirepitsUK Patio HeatersUK Hygiene VendingUK Washroom VendingUK Air FreshenersUK Air CareUK Aerosol SystemsUK Gel SystemsUK Water SavingUK Urinal Water SavingUK Eco CapsUK SensaflushUK Water ManagementUK Urinal DosingUK Urinal V ScreensUK Legionella Risk AssessmentUK Legionella Risk TestingUK Legionaires Risk AssessmentUK Legionella BacteriaUK Legionaires BacteriaUK Legionella ComplianceUK Legionella AdviceUK Legionella Landlords AdviceUK Legionella TestingUK Legionella CheckUK Legionella RegulationsUK Legionella Risk Assessment For LandlordsUK Legionella Water TestingUK Legionella QuoteUK Fire Stove GlassUK Heat Resistant GlassUK Fire GlassUK Stove GlassUK Fire Resistant GlassUK Replacement Stove GlassUK Glass For StovesUK Dust MatsUK Entrance MatsUK Reception MatsUK Anti Fatigue MatsUK Floor MatsUK Logo MatsUK London Washroom ServicesUK London Sanitary BinsUK London Shredding ServicesUK London Trade Waste DisposalUK London Legionella TestingUK London Clinical WasteUK Washroom ServicesUK Principal WashroomsUK Washrooms SuppliesUK Washrooms SolutionsUK Sanitary DisposalUK Sanitary BinsUK Sani BinsUK Lady BinsUK Feminine Hygiene UnitsUK Sanitary Waste DisposalUK Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Waste BinUK Sanitary Waste BinsUK Sanitary UnitsUK Feminine UnitsUK Hygiene ServicesUK Sanitary Bin SupplierUK Sanitary Bin RentalUK Sanitary Bin Rental ServicesUK Sanitary BinUK SanitarybinUK Feminine Hygiene BinsUK Female Santary BinUK Sani binUK Sani binsUK Sanibin RentalUK Sanitary BoxUK Sanitary BoxesUK Sanitary Bin QuoteUK Sanitary Bin PriceUK Sanitary Bin CostUK Sanitary Disposal QuoteUK Sanitary Disposal PriceUK Sanitary Disposal CostUK Free Duty of CareUK Tampon BinUK Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Tampon BinUK Sanitary Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Towel BinUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Feminine WasteUK Feminine Hygiene WasteUK Sanitary Waste RegulationsUK Sanitary Waste LawUK Sanitary Bins LawUK Sanitary Bins For Small BusinessUK Sanitary Bin Service CostUK Sanitary Bin Collection CostUK Disposal of Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Sanitary Towel DisposalUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK Biomass WasteUK Metal WasteUK Paper ShreddingUK Local ShreddingUK Secure ShreddingUK Confidential ShreddingUK Document DestructionUK Confidential WasteUK Confidential Waste ServiceUK Confidential Waste ServicesUK Confidential Waste ShreddingUK Confidential Waste DisposalUK Confidential Waste DestructionUK On Site ShreddingUK Off Site ShreddingUK One Off ShreddingUK Contract ShreddingUK GDPR ShreddingUK ShreddingUK Document ShreddingUK Shredding ServicesUK Mobile ShreddingUK Dental WasteUK Dental Waste DisposalUK Dental Waste LegislationUK Dental Waste ComplianceUK Accupuncture WasteUK Accupuncture Waste DisposalUK Accupuncture Waste CollectionAccupuncture Waste in UKAccupuncture Waste Disposal in UKAccupuncture Waste Collection in UKUK Acupuncture WasteUK Acupuncture Waste DisposalUK Acupuncture Waste CollectionUK Acupuncture Waste ServiceUK Acupuncture Clinical WasteUK Acupuncture SharpsUK Acupuncture NeedlesUK Beauty Salon Clincical WasteUK Beauty Salon MicrobladingUK Beauty Salon NeedlesUK Beauty Salon SharpsUK Tattoo WasteUK Tattoo Waste DisposalTattoo Waste in UKTattoo Waste Disposal in UKTattoo Waste Collection in UKTattoo Waste Compliance in UKTattoo Waste Services in UKTattoo Clinical Waste in UKTattoo Sharps in UKTattoo Needles in UKUK Sharps BinUK Sharps BinsUK Sharps CollectionUK Sharps DisposalUK Hazardous SharpsUK Non Hazardous SharpsUK Cytotoxic SharpsUK Cytostatic SharpsUK Ink BlockUK Wet_WasteUK Tattoo InkUK Drug DestructionUK Drug DisposalUK Drug DenaturingUK Unwanted DrugsUK Out Of Date DrugsUK Pest ControlUK Rodent ControlUK Bird ControlUK Bird ProofingUK Guano ControlUK Pest Call OutUK Pest PreventionUK Pest DeterrentUK Nursery WasteUK Nappy WasteUK Nappy BinUK Nappy BinsUK Nappy DisposalUK Nappy Wheelie BinUK Nursery Waste DisposalUK Nursery Waste CollectionUK Nappy Waste RegulationsUK Commercial Nappy WasteUK Nappy Disposal BinUK Nappy Waste CollectionUK Incontinence PadsUK Offensive WasteUK Human WasteUK Nursing Home WasteUK Care Home WasteUK Hazardous WasteUK Infectous WasteUK Pharmaceutical WasteUK Medicinal WasteUK Medicine WasteUK Infection ControlUK Hand SanitisersUK Clinical WasteUK Clinical Waste RemovalUK Clinical Waste CollectionUK Clinical Waste RegulationsUK Clinical Waste DisposalUK Clinical Waste ManagementUK Clinical Waste PolicyUK EA RegistrationSell my scrap van in UKWashroom Services in TarletonSanitary bins quoteGarden Services in SouthportGarden Services in OrmskirkGarden Services in FormybGarden Services in TarletonUK Path GravelUK Path GravelsUK GravelUK GravelsUK Garden Path GravelUK Decorative GravelsUK Cotswold GravelUK Bulk AggregatesUK Mass AggregatesUK Aggregates SuppliersUK Aggregate SuppliersUK Bulk Bags AggregatesUK Bulk BagsUK Mot Type 1UK Mot Type 2UK Top SoilUK Building SandUK Grit SandUK Fine SandUK Play SandUK Top Dressing SandUK Silica SandUK Mersey SandUK Kiln Dried SandUK Plastering SandUK Crusher RunUK DustUK BallestUK HardcoreUK GritUK Horticultural GritUK Alpine GritUK LimestoneUK GraniteUK Cotswold ChippingsUK Golden FlintUK MoonstoneUK Pea GravelUK Cheshire PinkUK Yorkshire CreamUK Derbyshire Peak StoneUK Green BallastUK Autumn GoldUK Pink GravelUK Blue SlateUK Plum SlateUK Grey SlateUK Welsh SlateUK Play BarkUK Chip BarkUK Christmas TreesUK Xmas TreesUK Artificial TreeUK Christmas Decorations