UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
FirstFirst ... ... LastLast
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by The PNP View Post
    It's rather more than a tenner for us....Party of four EU visas £6 x 4 = £24. And a fortnights full healthcare insurance for us ain't going to be cheap either. We'll be lucky to get away without losing total £100 every time we go, imo.

But hols are a side issue, compared to loss of right to retire/open a small business near the town of Carcassonne (France) on the Canal du Midi. I went 2 years ago last Summer to research possibilities, liked what I saw etc....Now thanks to Brexit, all that looks like becoming just a pipedream!
    You've got 6 weeks get going.

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Londoner View Post
    You've got 6 weeks get going.
    Very funny - not!
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by tom83 View Post
    After the BREXIT talks over the last 2 years, and more recently watching the Yellow Vest riots in France, Germany announcing they are seriously close to a recession, Spains trouble with Catalonia wanting to separate, and Italy's financial struggles. It appears that the majority of the EU's big hitters are struggling financially, ourselves included. If we leave or not, I can see the break up of the European Union within my lifetime, because its obviously not working financially.

I do wonder what would actually happen if we left in a hard Brexit. All we have at the minute is speculation, nobody actually knows for certain exactly what will happen. Since the referendum, I have worked for 2 different European businesses, a French company, and now a Finnish company, and both have said they make too much money in the Uk to cease trading here, and I think that applies to all EU companies who operate in the UK. In the same respect that we import more than we export with the EU, they won't just cut us off, because we buy so much from the EU they would actually be worse off. For instance, companies like BMW, Audi and Mercedes, will not stop selling cars in the UK.

From what I have read, the EU has paid big manufacturing companies based in the UK, to move their manufacturing plants to Eastern European countries, to boost the economy in those poorer countries, but in doing so, Britain has been left with minimal manufacturing, and we have always gotten the short end of the stick, look at the fishing rights around the Uk for example.

I believe that if we do leave hard, and we prosper, which I honestly believe we will, we cant just roll over and die so to speak, the countries with a large nationalist following, especially France and Italy will follow suit within 3 years, and both will have referendums and leave, because the UK will do it successfully, and create a positive model.

I know for a fact that I would rather be outside doing my own thing with everyone else, than left in the hallway while other countries decided things that could impact my own country, while I listen through the door.
    No, they won't stop selling or trying to sell the cars to us but they won't be buying cars from us because the tariffs will make they too expensive. that is why the car manufacturers are upping sticks, that is costing British jobs.

The fishing industry has only it's self to blame greedy trawler owners have sold on their quotas to the highest bidder and now a sizeable chunk of the fishing rights are in Dutch & Spanish hands.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Alikado View Post
    The countries richest man arch Brexiteer Jim Ratcliffe has now jumped ship and is moving all his loot to Monaco.
    Yet another arch Brexiteer who certainly doesn't put his money where his mouth is.

I feel many of these arch Brexiteers are hoping for financial instability or even financial chaos when/if we leave, the harder the Brexit the better for these characters, then they will crawl back snapping up UK assets at knock down prices, or alternatively ensure that their businesses, assets and cash are safely stashed in the EU.

Likes / Dislikes
    No, they won't stop selling or trying to sell the cars to us but they won't be buying cars from us because the tariffs will make they too expensive. that is why the car manufacturers are upping sticks, that is costing British jobs.
    Show me 1 car manufacturer that is moving production solely due to Brexit, and give the evidence to support it. No media scaremongering either.

As I said above, for decades the EU has been giving companies financial benefits to move manufacturing from the UK to developing Eastern European countries. The EU has single handedly stripped manufacturing jobs from the UK consistently over 20 years.

Likes / Dislikes
    Show me 1 car manufacturer that is moving production solely due to Brexit, and give the evidence to support it. No media scaremongering either.
    You might be surprised how quickly big companies can move..Back in the early '70's there was a possibility all British shipping would be nationalised. Ocean Fleets Ltd, the major British shipping Co, had paperwork in place to re-register their entire fleet abroad overnight! Fortunately nationalisation never happened, but a classic example of how big business doesn't mess about, when they feel threatened.
    Last edited by The PNP; 17/02/2019 at 03:33 PM.
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes
    You might be surprised how quickly big companies can move..Back in the early '70's there was a possibility all British shipping would be nationalised. Ocean Fleets Ltd, the major British shipping Co, had paperwork in place to re-register their entire fleet abroad overnight! Fortunately nationalisation never happened, but a classic example of how big business doesn't mess about, when they feel threatened.
    Im sure thats very true, but realistically would any company move just because we leave the EU. Im not so sure.

The media has done a wonderful job in scaremongering an absolute worst case scenario, and a lot of people are believing everything they read. Most people won't know that the Yellow Vest riots in France are still continuing, because the media have stopped reporting it in the UK. Riots caused by rising austerity, thats so bad people are taking to the streets to protest. Also, the media are blacking out the fact that Germany is on the verge of recession, and is going the same way as France in terms of civil unrest.

Why is the media not reporting these stories??? Because they want to make it appear that the EU is solid and that we would be mad to want to leave, when the reality is, its actually worse on the continent than it is here.

Likes / Dislikes

As I said above, for decades the EU has been giving companies financial benefits to move manufacturing from the UK to developing Eastern European countries. The EU has single handedly stripped manufacturing jobs from the UK consistently over 20 years.
    It is not just the UK that is suffering from this Citreon, Peugot Seat, Volkswagen,Audi, Porche& Kia are producing models in Slovakia.

Likes / Dislikes
    Im sure thats very true, but realistically would any company move just because we leave the EU. Im not so sure.

The media has done a wonderful job in scaremongering an absolute worst case scenario, and a lot of people are believing everything they read. Most people won't know that the Yellow Vest riots in France are still continuing, because the media have stopped reporting it in the UK. Riots caused by rising austerity, thats so bad people are taking to the streets to protest. Also, the media are blacking out the fact that Germany is on the verge of recession, and is going the same way as France in terms of civil unrest.

Why is the media not reporting these stories??? Because they want to make it appear that the EU is solid and that we would be mad to want to leave, when the reality is, its actually worse on the continent than it is here.
    Yes, it is about access to markets, there are no tariffs at present within the EU but if we leave without a deal that is all of a sudden 10% on our exported cars so it will be cheaper to build a car in Japan for import into the EU than to build it in the UK. Also tariffs are not reclaimable, an engine block imported from Germany would have a tariff imposed, after machining exported back to Germany were a further would be imposed then if exported back to the UK another tariff imposed all these mount up especially when you are imposing tariff on tariff.

Likes / Dislikes
    The countries richest man arch Brexiteer Jim Ratcliffe has now jumped ship and is moving all his loot to Monaco.
    It's his loot.
    More rich people would leave if Corbyn was PM.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamble View Post
    It's his loot.
    More rich people would leave if Corbyn was PM.
    Evade and avoid as usual, what the hell has Corbyn got to do with wealthy pro-Brexiteers jumping ship before Brexit, making damn sure that their businesses, assets and cash are secured either in the EU or in countries with existing trade links to the EU, people like Dyson, Mogg and I'm sure there are plenty more.

These are people screeching and promoting Brexit at any price, but making sure that they aren't dragged in to any economic fall out, these are true Tories, send everyone over the cliff, then they pick over the bones later.

13. Likes AdmiralAckbar liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by silver fox View Post
    Evade and avoid as usual, what the hell has Corbyn got to do with wealthy pro-Brexiteers jumping ship before Brexit, making damn sure that their businesses, assets and cash are secured either in the EU or in countries with existing trade links to the EU, people like Dyson, Mogg and I'm sure there are plenty more.

These are people screeching and promoting Brexit at any price, but making sure that they aren't dragged in to any economic fall out, these are true Tories, send everyone over the cliff, then they pick over the bones later.
    You cannot blame 'Brexit' for the last Brain Drain.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamble View Post
    You cannot blame 'Brexit' for the last Brain Drain.
    Which brain drain is that then?

I am referring to those who are continually expounding the benefits of getting out of the EU, but in the meantime make sure that they aren't stuck with any downsides of Brexit.

TV on this morning, not really watching, but just caught some bone brained Tory tearing up a letter and babbling on about his father and the D-Day landings, could some one please tell this imbecile that WW2 ended May the 8th 1945, it is now 2019 and our enemies do not originate in Europe.

Likes / Dislikes
    Very funny - not!

Why is that? If a British citizen is unhappy living in a country that has terminated its EU membership - it makes sense to join those who enjoy the dubious benefits of being a member. Make sure you wear your yellow jacket.

Or is it your pension you are worried about? Pensions are said to be paid to EU ex-pats just the same - but healthcare costs would probably fall under the country you choose to live in. In France the taxes are once again increasing

That aside - it is weird that a medieval town appeals to you, the EU did not exist in medieval times.

Likes / Dislikes
    You know something we don't? Why will the tariffs on our exports be higher? If our export costs are higher to the EU, they would need to be equally high to all other countries. That would be a bit daft.

As for the fishing industry, Norway has taken the greatest quota - the Telegraph published a report:
    "?
    But look into almost any of our industries and you will find something, somewhere that has been handicapped or damaged by the European Union. The best-known example is
    our fishing industry
    – although, even in this case, I doubt that most people are aware of the
    full extent of the damage
    . Britain used to enjoy fishing areas that extended up to 200 miles from our coast. Under the terms under which we joined the EU, this distance was reduced to just 12 miles – and even that has depended on a concession that has to be renewed every 10 years. The biggest effect on this once-great industry was in the early years. But even now, the damage continues. British landings of fish were down to 756,000 tonnes in 2014 – a 19 per cent decline since 1998. We have lost access to fishing sales that would otherwise now be worth £2 billion a year. And the EU rules are crass and wasteful into the bargain, with thousands of tonnes of fish being discarded – just thrown away. As if this were not bad enough, we have to donate British taxpayers’ money to other fishing countries – particularly Greece and Poland."

FirstFirst ... ... LastLast
Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK /
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in UK
Replacement Stove Glass in UK
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
UKUK News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)
UK MasksUK Face MasksUK KN95 MasksUK Disposable MasksUK Hand SanitiserUK Hand SanitizerUK PPEUK Bathroom SuppliesUK Cheap BathroomsUK Discount BathroomsUK Bathroom SalesUK Bathroom SuitesUK Bathroom TapsUK Basin TapsUK Bath TapsUK Kitchen TapsUK Free Standing Bath TapsUK Bath Mixer TapUK Bidet TapsUK Shower EnclosuresUK Bi Fold Shower DoorsUK Corner ShowersUK Pivot Shower DoorsUK Sliding Shower DoorsUK Shower Side PanelsUK Quadrant ShowersUK Shower TraysUK Wet-RoomsUK Bathroom ShowersUK Showers ValvesUK Showers RailsUK Showers HeadsUK Showers ArmsUK Showers HandsetsUK Showers JetsUK Showers ElbowsUK Toilet SeatsUK ToiletsUK BasinsUK Basin WastesUK Combined Toilet BasinUK Bathroom FurnitureUK BathsUK L Shaped BathUK P Shaped BathUK Bath ScreensUK SanitarywareUK Combined Toilet BasinUK StovesUK Wood StovesUK Home StovesUK Cooker StovesUK Enamel StovesUK Designer StovesUK Contemporary StovesUK Multi Fuel StovesUK Car ServicingUK MOTgUK TyresUK Car BatteryUK ExhaustUK Journalist JobsUK Reporter JobsUK Writing JobsUK Freelance WriterUK Self Employed JobsUK Franchise BusinessUK Franchise OpportunitiesUK Car InsuranceUK Cheap Car InsuranceUK Car Insurance BrokersUK Driving SchoolsUK Driving LessonsUK Driving TestUK Driving Theory TestUK Driving Instruction, 0000 UK Driving Instructor, 0000 UK VouchersUK DealsUK MatalanUK Railway SleepersUK Reclaimed SleepersUK New SleepersUK CoalUK House CoalUK Household CoalUK Smokeless CoalUK Smokeless FuelUK Coal BagsUK FirewoodUK Fire WoodUK Kiln Dried HardwoodUK Kiln Dried LogsUK Logs For SaleUK Log SuppliesUK LogsUK Firewood LogsUK Seasoned LogsUK Hardwood LogsUK Firewood SuppliersUK Firewood Log SuppliersUK Firewood Dumpy BagsUK Firewood CratesUK Cheap FirewoodUK Homefire LogsUK Cheap Firewood LogsUK Kindle ConesUK Pizza Oven LogsUK Heating OilUK Home Heating OilUK Red DieselUK White DieselUK KereseneUK Commercial FuelsUK Calor GasUK Propane GasUK Butane GasUK Heating GasUK Horse TrainingUK Horse TrainerUK Horse WhispererUK Equine WhispererUK Horse Whisperer Victoria SmithUK Rattan Garden FurnitureUK Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan SofaUK Rattan Dining SetUK Rattan DirectUK Cheap Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan Corner SofasUK Rattan Day BedsUK Rattan Sun LoungersUK Rattan Cube SetsUK Rattan Bistro SetsUK ChimeneasUK FirepitsUK Patio HeatersUK Hygiene VendingUK Washroom VendingUK Air FreshenersUK Air CareUK Aerosol SystemsUK Gel SystemsUK Water SavingUK Urinal Water SavingUK Eco CapsUK SensaflushUK Water ManagementUK Urinal DosingUK Urinal V ScreensUK Legionella Risk AssessmentUK Legionella Risk TestingUK Legionaires Risk AssessmentUK Legionella BacteriaUK Legionaires BacteriaUK Legionella ComplianceUK Legionella AdviceUK Legionella Landlords AdviceUK Legionella TestingUK Legionella CheckUK Legionella RegulationsUK Legionella Risk Assessment For LandlordsUK Legionella Water TestingUK Legionella QuoteUK Fire Stove GlassUK Heat Resistant GlassUK Fire GlassUK Stove GlassUK Fire Resistant GlassUK Replacement Stove GlassUK Glass For StovesUK Dust MatsUK Entrance MatsUK Reception MatsUK Anti Fatigue MatsUK Floor MatsUK Logo MatsUK London Washroom ServicesUK London Sanitary BinsUK London Shredding ServicesUK London Trade Waste DisposalUK London Legionella TestingUK London Clinical WasteUK Washroom ServicesUK Principal WashroomsUK Washrooms SuppliesUK Washrooms SolutionsUK Sanitary DisposalUK Sanitary BinsUK Sani BinsUK Lady BinsUK Feminine Hygiene UnitsUK Sanitary Waste DisposalUK Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Waste BinUK Sanitary Waste BinsUK Sanitary UnitsUK Feminine UnitsUK Hygiene ServicesUK Sanitary Bin SupplierUK Sanitary Bin RentalUK Sanitary Bin Rental ServicesUK Sanitary BinUK SanitarybinUK Feminine Hygiene BinsUK Female Santary BinUK Sani binUK Sani binsUK Sanibin RentalUK Sanitary BoxUK Sanitary BoxesUK Sanitary Bin QuoteUK Sanitary Bin PriceUK Sanitary Bin CostUK Sanitary Disposal QuoteUK Sanitary Disposal PriceUK Sanitary Disposal CostUK Free Duty of CareUK Tampon BinUK Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Tampon BinUK Sanitary Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Towel BinUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Feminine WasteUK Feminine Hygiene WasteUK Sanitary Waste RegulationsUK Sanitary Waste LawUK Sanitary Bins LawUK Sanitary Bins For Small BusinessUK Sanitary Bin Service CostUK Sanitary Bin Collection CostUK Disposal of Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Sanitary Towel DisposalUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK Biomass WasteUK Metal WasteUK Paper ShreddingUK Local ShreddingUK Secure ShreddingUK Confidential ShreddingUK Document DestructionUK Confidential WasteUK Confidential Waste ServiceUK Confidential Waste ServicesUK Confidential Waste ShreddingUK Confidential Waste DisposalUK Confidential Waste DestructionUK On Site ShreddingUK Off Site ShreddingUK One Off ShreddingUK Contract ShreddingUK GDPR ShreddingUK ShreddingUK Document ShreddingUK Shredding ServicesUK Mobile ShreddingUK Dental WasteUK Dental Waste DisposalUK Dental Waste LegislationUK Dental Waste ComplianceUK Accupuncture WasteUK Accupuncture Waste DisposalUK Accupuncture Waste CollectionAccupuncture Waste in UKAccupuncture Waste Disposal in UKAccupuncture Waste Collection in UKUK Acupuncture WasteUK Acupuncture Waste DisposalUK Acupuncture Waste CollectionUK Acupuncture Waste ServiceUK Acupuncture Clinical WasteUK Acupuncture SharpsUK Acupuncture NeedlesUK Beauty Salon Clincical WasteUK Beauty Salon MicrobladingUK Beauty Salon NeedlesUK Beauty Salon SharpsUK Tattoo WasteUK Tattoo Waste DisposalTattoo Waste in UKTattoo Waste Disposal in UKTattoo Waste Collection in UKTattoo Waste Compliance in UKTattoo Waste Services in UKTattoo Clinical Waste in UKTattoo Sharps in UKTattoo Needles in UKUK Sharps BinUK Sharps BinsUK Sharps CollectionUK Sharps DisposalUK Hazardous SharpsUK Non Hazardous SharpsUK Cytotoxic SharpsUK Cytostatic SharpsUK Ink BlockUK Wet_WasteUK Tattoo InkUK Drug DestructionUK Drug DisposalUK Drug DenaturingUK Unwanted DrugsUK Out Of Date DrugsUK Pest ControlUK Rodent ControlUK Bird ControlUK Bird ProofingUK Guano ControlUK Pest Call OutUK Pest PreventionUK Pest DeterrentUK Nursery WasteUK Nappy WasteUK Nappy BinUK Nappy BinsUK Nappy DisposalUK Nappy Wheelie BinUK Nursery Waste DisposalUK Nursery Waste CollectionUK Nappy Waste RegulationsUK Commercial Nappy WasteUK Nappy Disposal BinUK Nappy Waste CollectionUK Incontinence PadsUK Offensive WasteUK Human WasteUK Nursing Home WasteUK Care Home WasteUK Hazardous WasteUK Infectous WasteUK Pharmaceutical WasteUK Medicinal WasteUK Medicine WasteUK Infection ControlUK Hand SanitisersUK Clinical WasteUK Clinical Waste RemovalUK Clinical Waste CollectionUK Clinical Waste RegulationsUK Clinical Waste DisposalUK Clinical Waste ManagementUK Clinical Waste PolicyUK EA RegistrationSell my scrap van in UKWashroom Services in TarletonSanitary bins quoteGarden Services in SouthportGarden Services in OrmskirkGarden Services in FormybGarden Services in TarletonUK Path GravelUK Path GravelsUK GravelUK GravelsUK Garden Path GravelUK Decorative GravelsUK Cotswold GravelUK Bulk AggregatesUK Mass AggregatesUK Aggregates SuppliersUK Aggregate SuppliersUK Bulk Bags AggregatesUK Bulk BagsUK Mot Type 1UK Mot Type 2UK Top SoilUK Building SandUK Grit SandUK Fine SandUK Play SandUK Top Dressing SandUK Silica SandUK Mersey SandUK Kiln Dried SandUK Plastering SandUK Crusher RunUK DustUK BallestUK HardcoreUK GritUK Horticultural GritUK Alpine GritUK LimestoneUK GraniteUK Cotswold ChippingsUK Golden FlintUK MoonstoneUK Pea GravelUK Cheshire PinkUK Yorkshire CreamUK Derbyshire Peak StoneUK Green BallastUK Autumn GoldUK Pink GravelUK Blue SlateUK Plum SlateUK Grey SlateUK Welsh SlateUK Play BarkUK Chip BarkUK Christmas TreesUK Xmas TreesUK Artificial TreeUK Christmas Decorations