UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
FirstFirst ... LastLast
    Likes / Dislikes
    Clue! GDP is outdated! It cannot be used as an accurate measure of wealth. It does not take into consideration improvements in the standards of living, nor the detrimental effects of nature nor household production.

Since the second World War, the GDP has shown to be increasing consistently but over the latter decades the growth has been uneconomic in the sense that human welfare per capita has not improved! The real economy is much larger than the market economy and that is why GDP is for a very broad guidance only.

The real economy includes natural assets that have been overlooked, and by doing so has resulted in a depletion of these assets, for example - storm protection, water supplies, pollination, recreation, formal and informal network systems - all of which contribute far more to human welfare than the World's GDP.

Since 1980, the G20 Nations have seen an increase in inequality which has led to an increase in social problems, less able to create and maintain social capital and a lower overall quality of life. Most of the gains in the GDP measure have gone to the top 1% of earners while 99% have seen stagnation in real income. The general progress indicator (GPI) has not improved since 1978, while GDP has more than doubled. It is high time a more suitable indicator is used instead of a very tenuous one that measures increases environmentally disruptive and inequitably distributed markets only.

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by said View Post
    Clue! GDP is outdated! It cannot be used as an accurate measure of wealth. It does not take into consideration improvements in the standards of living, nor the detrimental effects of nature nor household production.

Since the second World War, the GDP has shown to be increasing consistently but over the latter decades the growth has been uneconomic in the sense that human welfare per capita has not improved! The real economy is much larger than the market economy and that is why GDP is for a very broad guidance only.

The real economy includes natural assets that have been overlooked, and by doing so has resulted in a depletion of these assets, for example - storm protection, water supplies, pollination, recreation, formal and informal network systems - all of which contribute far more to human welfare than the World's GDP.

Since 1980, the G20 Nations have seen an increase in inequality which has led to an increase in social problems, less able to create and maintain social capital and a lower overall quality of life. Most of the gains in the GDP measure have gone to the top 1% of earners while 99% have seen stagnation in real income. The general progress indicator (GPI) has not improved since 1978, while GDP has more than doubled. It is high time a more suitable indicator is used instead of a very tenuous one that measures increases environmentally disruptive and inequitably distributed markets only.
    I agree that GDP may not be the best measure of the economy.

As for "clue!"... you don't have one. You've merely C&Pd words from various sources without any cognisance of the subject. Either post opinions in your own words, or, if you're C&Ping, cite your sources.

Here's 2 you have used:

https://www.investopedia.com/advisor...asure-economy/

http://theconversation.com/how-the-w...economic-34362

4. Likes Toodles McGinty liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by seivad View Post

As for "clue!"... you don't have one. You've merely C&Pd words from various sources without any cognisance of the subject. Either post opinions in your own words, or, if you're C&Ping, cite your sources.

Here's 2 you have used:

You know, I may be wrong, I get the impression you are not one of Saids camp followers.

6. Likes seivad liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Londoner View Post
    You know, I may be wrong, I get the impression you are not one of Saids camp followers.
    Remember when I used to tell you to ignore the PNP? Well now you can tell me to practice what I preach!

Likes / Dislikes
    Remember when I used to tell you to ignore the PNP? Well now you can tell me to practice what I preach!
    We all have our cross to bear.

Graham Guest

10. Likes The PNP liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Thanks for a most revealing link....Much of what was said, I had long suspected.

STOP BREXIT!
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Londoner View Post
    I don't think he's got any followers. But if he did, he'd be very upset if he knew they were camp.

13. Likes seivad liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes

Here's 2 you have used:

Ha!Ha! Reminds me of the joke when I was at Primary School - 'Made you look, made you look!"

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Toodles McGinty View Post
    I don't think he's got any followers. But if he did, he'd be very upset if he knew they were camp.

Ooooh! Shudder!

Likes / Dislikes

Here's 2 you have used:

Whoa! Hold on! If I had copied and pasted all that lot on this site I would be in more trouble than I usually am. I do know what I am talking about - however - there are some on the site that demand - "Show us, show us!" therefore I have to look for proof of what I say just to satisfy those who question my words. On the other hand, there are those who doubt my word still, and need to go and find the sites that I have used just to accuse me of whatever else they can find. If I do one thing I am damned! If I do the other I am damned!
    I don't suppose there is a chance that I can win, is there?

Likes / Dislikes
    Whoa! Hold on! If I had copied and pasted all that lot on this site I would be in more trouble than I usually am. I do know what I am talking about - however - there are some on the site that demand - "Show us, show us!" therefore I have to look for proof of what I say just to satisfy those who question my words. On the other hand, there are those who doubt my word still, and need to go and find the sites that I have used just to accuse me of whatever else they can find. If I do one thing I am damned! If I do the other I am damned!
    I don't suppose there is a chance that I can win, is there?
    Absolutely not!

The point is, they are not your words. You may not have C&Pd everything from the links, but you certainly took pieces from them. Economics is as alien to you as astrophysics is to me.

Quote Originally Posted by said
    Since 1980, the G20 Nations have seen an increase in inequality which has led to an increase in social problems, less able to create and maintain social capital and a lower overall quality of life. Most of the gains in the GDP measure have gone to the top 1% of earners while 99% have seen stagnation in real income.

Sound familiar? From the 2nd link, with a few tweaks from you of course!

"G20 countries in particular have become much more unequal since 1980. This rising inequality has resulted in growing social problems, a poorer ability to build and maintain social capital, and lower overall quality of life. Most of the gains in GDP over the last several decades have gone to the top 1% of income earners. The remaining 99% have seen stagnant real incomes."

18. Likes Toodles McGinty liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Absolutely not!

The point is, they are not your words. You may not have C&Pd everything from the links, but you certainly took pieces from them. Economics is as alien to you as astrophysics is to me.

Sound familiar? From the 2nd link, with a few tweaks from you of course!

"G20 countries in particular have become much more unequal since 1980. This rising inequality has resulted in growing social problems, a poorer ability to build and maintain social capital, and lower overall quality of life. Most of the gains in GDP over the last several decades have gone to the top 1% of income earners. The remaining 99% have seen stagnant real incomes."
    Needed to quote values. You will be able to get out today - the weather is much warmer there now.

Likes / Dislikes
    Needed to quote values.
    Nice try!

And from this website? http://www.makingitmagazine.net/?p=8652 Not a value in sight.

Since the second World War, the GDP has shown to be increasing consistently but over the latter decades the growth has been uneconomic in the sense that human welfare per capita has not improved!
    "Many people will question this claim and ask, hasn’t gross domestic product been growing consistently since the second world war with only the occasional downturn? We have had growth of GDP, but since around 1980 this growth has been “uneconomic”. This is in the sense that human welfare per capita, adjusted for the costs of inequality, environmental damage and other factors that affect welfare, has not improved."

Same site again!

"The real economy includes our natural capital assets – all of the gifts from nature that we do not have to produce – and the immensely valuable, but non-marketed, ecosystem services those assets provide. These services include climate control, water supply, storm protection, pollination and recreation. We have also overlooked the contributions of social capital – all of our formal and informal networks, institutions and cultures – to supporting human well-being."

You will be able to get out today - the weather is much warmer there now.
    Been talking to your relatives in Kingston?

Likes / Dislikes
    Nice try!

And from this website? http://www.makingitmagazine.net/?p=8652 Not a value in sight.

"Many people will question this claim and ask, hasn’t gross domestic product been growing consistently since the second world war with only the occasional downturn? We have had growth of GDP, but since around 1980 this growth has been “uneconomic”. This is in the sense that human welfare per capita, adjusted for the costs of inequality, environmental damage and other factors that affect welfare, has not improved."

Same site again!

"The real economy includes our natural capital assets – all of the gifts from nature that we do not have to produce – and the immensely valuable, but non-marketed, ecosystem services those assets provide. These services include climate control, water supply, storm protection, pollination and recreation. We have also overlooked the contributions of social capital – all of our formal and informal networks, institutions and cultures – to supporting human well-being."

Been talking to your relatives in Kingston?

Ha!Ha! What do you think? No - looked up the weather on the internet!

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK /
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in UK
Replacement Stove Glass in UK
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
UKUK News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)
UK MasksUK Face MasksUK KN95 MasksUK Disposable MasksUK Hand SanitiserUK Hand SanitizerUK PPEUK Bathroom SuppliesUK Cheap BathroomsUK Discount BathroomsUK Bathroom SalesUK Bathroom SuitesUK Bathroom TapsUK Basin TapsUK Bath TapsUK Kitchen TapsUK Free Standing Bath TapsUK Bath Mixer TapUK Bidet TapsUK Shower EnclosuresUK Bi Fold Shower DoorsUK Corner ShowersUK Pivot Shower DoorsUK Sliding Shower DoorsUK Shower Side PanelsUK Quadrant ShowersUK Shower TraysUK Wet-RoomsUK Bathroom ShowersUK Showers ValvesUK Showers RailsUK Showers HeadsUK Showers ArmsUK Showers HandsetsUK Showers JetsUK Showers ElbowsUK Toilet SeatsUK ToiletsUK BasinsUK Basin WastesUK Combined Toilet BasinUK Bathroom FurnitureUK BathsUK L Shaped BathUK P Shaped BathUK Bath ScreensUK SanitarywareUK Combined Toilet BasinUK StovesUK Wood StovesUK Home StovesUK Cooker StovesUK Enamel StovesUK Designer StovesUK Contemporary StovesUK Multi Fuel StovesUK Car ServicingUK MOTgUK TyresUK Car BatteryUK ExhaustUK Journalist JobsUK Reporter JobsUK Writing JobsUK Freelance WriterUK Self Employed JobsUK Franchise BusinessUK Franchise OpportunitiesUK Car InsuranceUK Cheap Car InsuranceUK Car Insurance BrokersUK Driving SchoolsUK Driving LessonsUK Driving TestUK Driving Theory TestUK Driving Instruction, 0000 UK Driving Instructor, 0000 UK VouchersUK DealsUK MatalanUK Railway SleepersUK Reclaimed SleepersUK New SleepersUK CoalUK House CoalUK Household CoalUK Smokeless CoalUK Smokeless FuelUK Coal BagsUK FirewoodUK Fire WoodUK Kiln Dried HardwoodUK Kiln Dried LogsUK Logs For SaleUK Log SuppliesUK LogsUK Firewood LogsUK Seasoned LogsUK Hardwood LogsUK Firewood SuppliersUK Firewood Log SuppliersUK Firewood Dumpy BagsUK Firewood CratesUK Cheap FirewoodUK Homefire LogsUK Cheap Firewood LogsUK Kindle ConesUK Pizza Oven LogsUK Heating OilUK Home Heating OilUK Red DieselUK White DieselUK KereseneUK Commercial FuelsUK Calor GasUK Propane GasUK Butane GasUK Heating GasUK Horse TrainingUK Horse TrainerUK Horse WhispererUK Equine WhispererUK Horse Whisperer Victoria SmithUK Rattan Garden FurnitureUK Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan SofaUK Rattan Dining SetUK Rattan DirectUK Cheap Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan Corner SofasUK Rattan Day BedsUK Rattan Sun LoungersUK Rattan Cube SetsUK Rattan Bistro SetsUK ChimeneasUK FirepitsUK Patio HeatersUK Hygiene VendingUK Washroom VendingUK Air FreshenersUK Air CareUK Aerosol SystemsUK Gel SystemsUK Water SavingUK Urinal Water SavingUK Eco CapsUK SensaflushUK Water ManagementUK Urinal DosingUK Urinal V ScreensUK Legionella Risk AssessmentUK Legionella Risk TestingUK Legionaires Risk AssessmentUK Legionella BacteriaUK Legionaires BacteriaUK Legionella ComplianceUK Legionella AdviceUK Legionella Landlords AdviceUK Legionella TestingUK Legionella CheckUK Legionella RegulationsUK Legionella Risk Assessment For LandlordsUK Legionella Water TestingUK Legionella QuoteUK Fire Stove GlassUK Heat Resistant GlassUK Fire GlassUK Stove GlassUK Fire Resistant GlassUK Replacement Stove GlassUK Glass For StovesUK Dust MatsUK Entrance MatsUK Reception MatsUK Anti Fatigue MatsUK Floor MatsUK Logo MatsUK London Washroom ServicesUK London Sanitary BinsUK London Shredding ServicesUK London Trade Waste DisposalUK London Legionella TestingUK London Clinical WasteUK Washroom ServicesUK Principal WashroomsUK Washrooms SuppliesUK Washrooms SolutionsUK Sanitary DisposalUK Sanitary BinsUK Sani BinsUK Lady BinsUK Feminine Hygiene UnitsUK Sanitary Waste DisposalUK Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Waste BinUK Sanitary Waste BinsUK Sanitary UnitsUK Feminine UnitsUK Hygiene ServicesUK Sanitary Bin SupplierUK Sanitary Bin RentalUK Sanitary Bin Rental ServicesUK Sanitary BinUK SanitarybinUK Feminine Hygiene BinsUK Female Santary BinUK Sani binUK Sani binsUK Sanibin RentalUK Sanitary BoxUK Sanitary BoxesUK Sanitary Bin QuoteUK Sanitary Bin PriceUK Sanitary Bin CostUK Sanitary Disposal QuoteUK Sanitary Disposal PriceUK Sanitary Disposal CostUK Free Duty of CareUK Tampon BinUK Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Tampon BinUK Sanitary Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Towel BinUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Feminine WasteUK Feminine Hygiene WasteUK Sanitary Waste RegulationsUK Sanitary Waste LawUK Sanitary Bins LawUK Sanitary Bins For Small BusinessUK Sanitary Bin Service CostUK Sanitary Bin Collection CostUK Disposal of Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Sanitary Towel DisposalUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK Biomass WasteUK Metal WasteUK Paper ShreddingUK Local ShreddingUK Secure ShreddingUK Confidential ShreddingUK Document DestructionUK Confidential WasteUK Confidential Waste ServiceUK Confidential Waste ServicesUK Confidential Waste ShreddingUK Confidential Waste DisposalUK Confidential Waste DestructionUK On Site ShreddingUK Off Site ShreddingUK One Off ShreddingUK Contract ShreddingUK GDPR ShreddingUK ShreddingUK Document ShreddingUK Shredding ServicesUK Mobile ShreddingUK Dental WasteUK Dental Waste DisposalUK Dental Waste LegislationUK Dental Waste ComplianceUK Accupuncture WasteUK Accupuncture Waste DisposalUK Accupuncture Waste CollectionAccupuncture Waste in UKAccupuncture Waste Disposal in UKAccupuncture Waste Collection in UKUK Acupuncture WasteUK Acupuncture Waste DisposalUK Acupuncture Waste CollectionUK Acupuncture Waste ServiceUK Acupuncture Clinical WasteUK Acupuncture SharpsUK Acupuncture NeedlesUK Beauty Salon Clincical WasteUK Beauty Salon MicrobladingUK Beauty Salon NeedlesUK Beauty Salon SharpsUK Tattoo WasteUK Tattoo Waste DisposalTattoo Waste in UKTattoo Waste Disposal in UKTattoo Waste Collection in UKTattoo Waste Compliance in UKTattoo Waste Services in UKTattoo Clinical Waste in UKTattoo Sharps in UKTattoo Needles in UKUK Sharps BinUK Sharps BinsUK Sharps CollectionUK Sharps DisposalUK Hazardous SharpsUK Non Hazardous SharpsUK Cytotoxic SharpsUK Cytostatic SharpsUK Ink BlockUK Wet_WasteUK Tattoo InkUK Drug DestructionUK Drug DisposalUK Drug DenaturingUK Unwanted DrugsUK Out Of Date DrugsUK Pest ControlUK Rodent ControlUK Bird ControlUK Bird ProofingUK Guano ControlUK Pest Call OutUK Pest PreventionUK Pest DeterrentUK Nursery WasteUK Nappy WasteUK Nappy BinUK Nappy BinsUK Nappy DisposalUK Nappy Wheelie BinUK Nursery Waste DisposalUK Nursery Waste CollectionUK Nappy Waste RegulationsUK Commercial Nappy WasteUK Nappy Disposal BinUK Nappy Waste CollectionUK Incontinence PadsUK Offensive WasteUK Human WasteUK Nursing Home WasteUK Care Home WasteUK Hazardous WasteUK Infectous WasteUK Pharmaceutical WasteUK Medicinal WasteUK Medicine WasteUK Infection ControlUK Hand SanitisersUK Clinical WasteUK Clinical Waste RemovalUK Clinical Waste CollectionUK Clinical Waste RegulationsUK Clinical Waste DisposalUK Clinical Waste ManagementUK Clinical Waste PolicyUK EA RegistrationSell my scrap van in UKWashroom Services in TarletonSanitary bins quoteGarden Services in SouthportGarden Services in OrmskirkGarden Services in FormybGarden Services in TarletonUK Path GravelUK Path GravelsUK GravelUK GravelsUK Garden Path GravelUK Decorative GravelsUK Cotswold GravelUK Bulk AggregatesUK Mass AggregatesUK Aggregates SuppliersUK Aggregate SuppliersUK Bulk Bags AggregatesUK Bulk BagsUK Mot Type 1UK Mot Type 2UK Top SoilUK Building SandUK Grit SandUK Fine SandUK Play SandUK Top Dressing SandUK Silica SandUK Mersey SandUK Kiln Dried SandUK Plastering SandUK Crusher RunUK DustUK BallestUK HardcoreUK GritUK Horticultural GritUK Alpine GritUK LimestoneUK GraniteUK Cotswold ChippingsUK Golden FlintUK MoonstoneUK Pea GravelUK Cheshire PinkUK Yorkshire CreamUK Derbyshire Peak StoneUK Green BallastUK Autumn GoldUK Pink GravelUK Blue SlateUK Plum SlateUK Grey SlateUK Welsh SlateUK Play BarkUK Chip BarkUK Christmas TreesUK Xmas TreesUK Artificial TreeUK Christmas Decorations