UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
FirstFirst 1 ... LastLast
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeeezebox View Post
    Much political energy ( and time) is being expended by those promoting a ‘No Deal’ Brexit and those determined to prevent such an outcome.

However , I wonder if ‘No Deal’ really is the default position. I propose a different scenario.

I suggest the default position is actually the ‘Deal ’ i.e. the 500 odd page Treaty our PM duly signed on behalf of the UK government and was co-signed by all other EU heads of government. The fact that she didn’t then get it ratified by the UK parliament may be deemed to be irrelevant in the eyes of other EU nations - its a fully agreed signed Treaty and the newly elected EU parliament could formally vote to incorporate it into EU law at the earliest opportunity shortly after the current delayed ‘Implementation’ date also agreed by all parties - 31st October.

Therefore under EU legislation , a so-called ‘No Deal’ Brexit will have no legal basis and the UK will be obliged to adopt all the details of the Treaty ( including the £39M payment , Irish Backstop and EU Citizens rights) . Failure to comply with the Treaty will incur legal action taken by the EU against the UK and we risk eventually having to pay considerably more than the £39M specified in the Treaty.

Fortunately there is a way out of this most unfortunate turn of events. A Peoples Vote and Revocation of Article 50.

Its a recipe for anarchy you extremists are always trying to stir up trouble.

Why don't you go and live in Russia under Putin I'm sure he would think like you.

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by local View Post
    Don't see how.

Remainers were naturally disappointed, but didn't consider resorting to 'anarchy' when they lost the original referendum. If the Confirmatory/Peoples Vote went the other way, which it very likely would, I'm sure Leavers would take it in the same spirit.....Are you suggesting that Leavers are an unruly lot?

STOP BREXIT!
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by The PNP View Post
    Don't see how.

Remainers were naturally disappointed, but didn't consider resorting to 'anarchy' when they lost the original referendum. If the Confirmatory/Peoples Vote went the other way, which it very likely would, I'm sure Leavers would take it in the same spirit.....Are you suggesting that Leavers are an unruly lot?

STOP BREXIT!
    If the outcome of the referendum had a Remain win, then we would have accepted it and moved on. The result of the 2016 referendum has NOT been enacted yet, and if we have another vote I'm damn sure us Leavers would start protesting as our democratic result had been ignored.

You just don't get it, do you? You didn't like the result cos you lost and now you're trying every trick and argument to get it overturned.

It's the Remainers who are causing all the problems. If they'd accepted the result and all worked together to make the best of it, we wouldn't be in the mess we are now!

All Remainers have ever wanted to do was to overturn the result! And you wonder why we're angry?

There ISN'T going to be a People's Vote - so you can forget that and if there was it would be worded and weighted for a Remain win. Like Vince Cable wants... You would only be able to vote for May's Deal or Remain, so that means we Remain without a voice at the table or Remain as before. And he thinks the electorate are going to agree to that? He needs to pack up and go to the nursing home!

Likes / Dislikes
    Another ill thought attempt to re-invigorate project fear

lets transfer the same short thinking remoaner style exercise to moving house;

You will have no electricity or gas.

Your post won't arrive.

You will have no friends.

It will cost money

The place will need loads of work.

You won't be able to find anything.

The removal men will break something.

It will cost you money.

The children will be doomed.

Lets stay indoors batten down the hatches and peer through our letter boxes and keep the children locked up.

I think we could rename the remoaners the new Amish

Thank goodness remoaners are a relatively new construct or we would still be in caves.
    The Brexteers are the new Amish, wanting to become insular and reject all foreigners.

6. Likes The PNP liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by libraryguy View Post
    A) If the outcome of the referendum had a Remain win, then we would have accepted it and moved on.

B) The result of the 2016 referendum has NOT been enacted yet, and if we have another vote I'm damn sure us Leavers would start protesting as our democratic result had been ignored.

C) It's the Remainers who are causing all the problems. If they'd accepted the result and all worked together to make the best of it, we wouldn't be in the mess we are now!
    A) Perhaps, but the likes of Farage would have begun agitating for another referendum down the line - seem to recall that he was quoted as saying so.

B) But the result was acted on....The UK duly triggered Article 50 as required, and completed the lengthy negotiations for our deal, that's been officially signed-off by the EU. All we have to do now is ask the people to ratify it - or even reject it. What could be more straightforward?

C) That's silly logic. It was by voting to leave, that the UK opened the huge can of worms that is Brexit....Blame for Brexit therefore lies squarely with the Leave camp!

N.B. If we do end up leaving, the UK will almost certainly live to regret doing so. It will be next to impossible to blame Remainers for the almighty mess we may well find ourselves in - but no doubt some will try!

STOP BREXIT!
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes
    B) All we have to do now is ask the people to ratify it - or even reject it. What could be more straightforward?
    STOP BREXIT!
    That was never mentioned, it was a simple question

"should the UK remain a member of the European union or leave the European union?"

C) "That's silly logic. It was by voting to leave
    , that the UK opened the huge can of worms that is Brexit....Blame for Brexit therefore lies squarely with the Leave camp!
    "

You just can't dismiss the wishes of 17.4 million people

The countries in a mess for a number of reasons, bankers for instance, incompetent self serving governments of all sides & an intransigent EU for starters.

Sad part about all of this is ordinary people will bare the burden of it all as usual.
    Last edited by Mr B S Sniffer; 15/06/2019 at 09:49 PM.

Likes / Dislikes
    B) But the result was acted on....The UK duly triggered Article 50 as required, and completed the lengthy negotiations for our deal, that's been officially signed-off by the EU. All we have to do now is ask the people to ratify it - or even reject it. What could be more straightforward?
    If the referendum had stated that once the terms of withdrawal were known, a second referendum would be put before the people, then yes, it would have been straightforward. It didn't, therefore it's not straightforward at all. There is no mandate to hold a second referendum.

Parliament is supposed to represent the people, and look how well ratification of the withdrawal deal has gone for them. If it's not straightforward for MPs, what makes you think it would be for the average Joe? Parliament is split, the country is split, and I can't see that changing any time soon. I know you think that Remain would win in a second referendum, but you can't possibly forecast that as a certainty.

C) That's silly logic. It was by voting to leave, that the UK opened the huge can of worms that is Brexit....Blame for Brexit therefore lies squarely with the Leave camp!
    No, blame for Brexit lies squarely on the shoulders of David Cameron... the man who couldn't read the mood of the people and assumed that Remain would win. People were entitled to vote for the side they believed would be best for the country.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Alikado View Post
    The Brexteers are the new Amish, wanting to become insular and reject all foreigners.

Far from it we want the whole world, the little people want their xenophobic racist EU with no brown people.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by seivad View Post
    If the referendum had stated that once the terms of withdrawal were known, a second referendum would be put before the people, then yes, it would have been straightforward. It didn't, therefore it's not straightforward at all. There is no mandate to hold a second referendum.

Parliament is supposed to represent the people, and look how well ratification of the withdrawal deal has gone for them. If it's not straightforward for MPs, what makes you think it would be for the average Joe? Parliament is split, the country is split, and I can't see that changing any time soon. I know you think that Remain would win in a second referendum, but you can't possibly forecast that as a certainty.

No, blame for Brexit lies squarely on the shoulders of David Cameron... the man who couldn't read the mood of the people and assumed that Remain would win. People were entitled to vote for the side they believed would be best for the country.
    Cameron couldn't have cared less about "the people", Europe has been a festering sore for over 40 years within the conservative party...……………………...and will continue to be for the foreseeable future.

Likes / Dislikes
    A) Perhaps, but the likes of Farage would have begun agitating for another referendum down the line - seem to recall that he was quoted as saying so.

N.B. If we do end up leaving, the UK will almost certainly live to regret doing so. It will be next to impossible to blame Remainers for the almighty mess we may well find ourselves in - but no doubt some will try!

STOP BREXIT!
    A) If Farage had "agitated" for another vote then that's up to him. I wouldn't have supported him. It's the Remainers who can't accept the result who are agitating for another vote.

B) The result HASN'T been acted upon. Parliament voted by a substantial majority to trigger Article 50 to begin the process of us Leaving. A majority of the electorate voted to Leave - and if it hasn't escaped you notice - we actually haven't left yet - so no the result of the referendum hasn't been completed.

There never was any mention of a vote to ratify the outcome. We voted to Leave.

C) It's the Remainer MPs who won't accept the result that has us in this mess.

WHEN we end up Leaving without a deal, as that's the only way it's going to happen, unless Boris can go and whack some European leaders around the head with a cricket bat (I'm being metaphorical), I don't see him being able to renegotiate a deal. However, I hope he can as that would be preferable, but I don't see it.

Canada +++ would be excellent.

And as for David Cameron... he promised the referendum presuming he would not win the 2015 election with an overall majority. Had there been a further coalition with the LibDems they would have stopped him calling the referendum. When he did win an overall majority he found himself in the do-do so he had to make good on his promises.

You listen to too much Project Fear and happily propagate it. What happened to the 100,000 of jobs lost, house prices plummeting, a cost of £4000 to every household each year etc., just on a result of voting to leave!!!!???? It DIDN'T happen!!

Just like the Millenium Bug didn't happen!
    Last edited by libraryguy; 15/06/2019 at 10:37 PM.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr B S Sniffer View Post
    Cameron couldn't have cared less about "the people", Europe has been a festering sore for over 40 years within the conservative party...……………………...and will continue to be for the foreseeable future.
    Show me a Tory that ever cared about the people, apart from their own crowd of course.

Likes / Dislikes
    Show me a Tory that ever cared about the people, apart from their own crowd of course.
    Winston Churchill ??
    Just be yourself, no one else is better qualified!!

Likes / Dislikes
    Its a strange generalisation, Tories don't care about "the people".

Its a vacuous statement.

Stuck inside of NoDeal with the Brexit Blues again
    Likes / Dislikes

Why don't you go and live in Russia under Putin I'm sure he would think like you.
    First time i’ve ever been described as an extremist or a Putin supporter so that’s quite an achievement I guess.

Your statement implies that those like me who favour maintaining the status quo are ‘extremists’ whereas those ( like you?) who would prefer to jump off a cliff into the unknown are ‘moderates’ perhaps?

Your reference to Putin puzzles me. Never met the man but I wouldn’t think he supports anarchy - those who step out of his particular line seem to encounter Novichok at some point.

Putin’s opinion of Brexit ? It is presumed he is a avid supporter as it wouls inevitably weaken the EU and increase the vulnerability of the ex-Soviet EU member states on Russia’s borders to his expansionist ambitions.
    Whatever it is - I blame Brexit!

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick2 View Post
    Winston Churchill ??
    I am an English Liberal. I hate the Tory Party, their men, their words and their methods.” So said Winston Churchill in 1903."

I think he was more of a Liberal maverick.

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK /
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in UK
Replacement Stove Glass in UK
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
UKUK News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)
UK MasksUK Face MasksUK KN95 MasksUK Disposable MasksUK Hand SanitiserUK Hand SanitizerUK PPEUK Bathroom SuppliesUK Cheap BathroomsUK Discount BathroomsUK Bathroom SalesUK Bathroom SuitesUK Bathroom TapsUK Basin TapsUK Bath TapsUK Kitchen TapsUK Free Standing Bath TapsUK Bath Mixer TapUK Bidet TapsUK Shower EnclosuresUK Bi Fold Shower DoorsUK Corner ShowersUK Pivot Shower DoorsUK Sliding Shower DoorsUK Shower Side PanelsUK Quadrant ShowersUK Shower TraysUK Wet-RoomsUK Bathroom ShowersUK Showers ValvesUK Showers RailsUK Showers HeadsUK Showers ArmsUK Showers HandsetsUK Showers JetsUK Showers ElbowsUK Toilet SeatsUK ToiletsUK BasinsUK Basin WastesUK Combined Toilet BasinUK Bathroom FurnitureUK BathsUK L Shaped BathUK P Shaped BathUK Bath ScreensUK SanitarywareUK Combined Toilet BasinUK StovesUK Wood StovesUK Home StovesUK Cooker StovesUK Enamel StovesUK Designer StovesUK Contemporary StovesUK Multi Fuel StovesUK Car ServicingUK MOTgUK TyresUK Car BatteryUK ExhaustUK Journalist JobsUK Reporter JobsUK Writing JobsUK Freelance WriterUK Self Employed JobsUK Franchise BusinessUK Franchise OpportunitiesUK Car InsuranceUK Cheap Car InsuranceUK Car Insurance BrokersUK Driving SchoolsUK Driving LessonsUK Driving TestUK Driving Theory TestUK Driving Instruction, 0000 UK Driving Instructor, 0000 UK VouchersUK DealsUK MatalanUK Railway SleepersUK Reclaimed SleepersUK New SleepersUK CoalUK House CoalUK Household CoalUK Smokeless CoalUK Smokeless FuelUK Coal BagsUK FirewoodUK Fire WoodUK Kiln Dried HardwoodUK Kiln Dried LogsUK Logs For SaleUK Log SuppliesUK LogsUK Firewood LogsUK Seasoned LogsUK Hardwood LogsUK Firewood SuppliersUK Firewood Log SuppliersUK Firewood Dumpy BagsUK Firewood CratesUK Cheap FirewoodUK Homefire LogsUK Cheap Firewood LogsUK Kindle ConesUK Pizza Oven LogsUK Heating OilUK Home Heating OilUK Red DieselUK White DieselUK KereseneUK Commercial FuelsUK Calor GasUK Propane GasUK Butane GasUK Heating GasUK Horse TrainingUK Horse TrainerUK Horse WhispererUK Equine WhispererUK Horse Whisperer Victoria SmithUK Rattan Garden FurnitureUK Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan SofaUK Rattan Dining SetUK Rattan DirectUK Cheap Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan Corner SofasUK Rattan Day BedsUK Rattan Sun LoungersUK Rattan Cube SetsUK Rattan Bistro SetsUK ChimeneasUK FirepitsUK Patio HeatersUK Hygiene VendingUK Washroom VendingUK Air FreshenersUK Air CareUK Aerosol SystemsUK Gel SystemsUK Water SavingUK Urinal Water SavingUK Eco CapsUK SensaflushUK Water ManagementUK Urinal DosingUK Urinal V ScreensUK Legionella Risk AssessmentUK Legionella Risk TestingUK Legionaires Risk AssessmentUK Legionella BacteriaUK Legionaires BacteriaUK Legionella ComplianceUK Legionella AdviceUK Legionella Landlords AdviceUK Legionella TestingUK Legionella CheckUK Legionella RegulationsUK Legionella Risk Assessment For LandlordsUK Legionella Water TestingUK Legionella QuoteUK Fire Stove GlassUK Heat Resistant GlassUK Fire GlassUK Stove GlassUK Fire Resistant GlassUK Replacement Stove GlassUK Glass For StovesUK Dust MatsUK Entrance MatsUK Reception MatsUK Anti Fatigue MatsUK Floor MatsUK Logo MatsUK London Washroom ServicesUK London Sanitary BinsUK London Shredding ServicesUK London Trade Waste DisposalUK London Legionella TestingUK London Clinical WasteUK Washroom ServicesUK Principal WashroomsUK Washrooms SuppliesUK Washrooms SolutionsUK Sanitary DisposalUK Sanitary BinsUK Sani BinsUK Lady BinsUK Feminine Hygiene UnitsUK Sanitary Waste DisposalUK Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Waste BinUK Sanitary Waste BinsUK Sanitary UnitsUK Feminine UnitsUK Hygiene ServicesUK Sanitary Bin SupplierUK Sanitary Bin RentalUK Sanitary Bin Rental ServicesUK Sanitary BinUK SanitarybinUK Feminine Hygiene BinsUK Female Santary BinUK Sani binUK Sani binsUK Sanibin RentalUK Sanitary BoxUK Sanitary BoxesUK Sanitary Bin QuoteUK Sanitary Bin PriceUK Sanitary Bin CostUK Sanitary Disposal QuoteUK Sanitary Disposal PriceUK Sanitary Disposal CostUK Free Duty of CareUK Tampon BinUK Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Tampon BinUK Sanitary Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Towel BinUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Feminine WasteUK Feminine Hygiene WasteUK Sanitary Waste RegulationsUK Sanitary Waste LawUK Sanitary Bins LawUK Sanitary Bins For Small BusinessUK Sanitary Bin Service CostUK Sanitary Bin Collection CostUK Disposal of Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Sanitary Towel DisposalUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK Biomass WasteUK Metal WasteUK Paper ShreddingUK Local ShreddingUK Secure ShreddingUK Confidential ShreddingUK Document DestructionUK Confidential WasteUK Confidential Waste ServiceUK Confidential Waste ServicesUK Confidential Waste ShreddingUK Confidential Waste DisposalUK Confidential Waste DestructionUK On Site ShreddingUK Off Site ShreddingUK One Off ShreddingUK Contract ShreddingUK GDPR ShreddingUK ShreddingUK Document ShreddingUK Shredding ServicesUK Mobile ShreddingUK Dental WasteUK Dental Waste DisposalUK Dental Waste LegislationUK Dental Waste ComplianceUK Accupuncture WasteUK Accupuncture Waste DisposalUK Accupuncture Waste CollectionAccupuncture Waste in UKAccupuncture Waste Disposal in UKAccupuncture Waste Collection in UKUK Acupuncture WasteUK Acupuncture Waste DisposalUK Acupuncture Waste CollectionUK Acupuncture Waste ServiceUK Acupuncture Clinical WasteUK Acupuncture SharpsUK Acupuncture NeedlesUK Beauty Salon Clincical WasteUK Beauty Salon MicrobladingUK Beauty Salon NeedlesUK Beauty Salon SharpsUK Tattoo WasteUK Tattoo Waste DisposalTattoo Waste in UKTattoo Waste Disposal in UKTattoo Waste Collection in UKTattoo Waste Compliance in UKTattoo Waste Services in UKTattoo Clinical Waste in UKTattoo Sharps in UKTattoo Needles in UKUK Sharps BinUK Sharps BinsUK Sharps CollectionUK Sharps DisposalUK Hazardous SharpsUK Non Hazardous SharpsUK Cytotoxic SharpsUK Cytostatic SharpsUK Ink BlockUK Wet_WasteUK Tattoo InkUK Drug DestructionUK Drug DisposalUK Drug DenaturingUK Unwanted DrugsUK Out Of Date DrugsUK Pest ControlUK Rodent ControlUK Bird ControlUK Bird ProofingUK Guano ControlUK Pest Call OutUK Pest PreventionUK Pest DeterrentUK Nursery WasteUK Nappy WasteUK Nappy BinUK Nappy BinsUK Nappy DisposalUK Nappy Wheelie BinUK Nursery Waste DisposalUK Nursery Waste CollectionUK Nappy Waste RegulationsUK Commercial Nappy WasteUK Nappy Disposal BinUK Nappy Waste CollectionUK Incontinence PadsUK Offensive WasteUK Human WasteUK Nursing Home WasteUK Care Home WasteUK Hazardous WasteUK Infectous WasteUK Pharmaceutical WasteUK Medicinal WasteUK Medicine WasteUK Infection ControlUK Hand SanitisersUK Clinical WasteUK Clinical Waste RemovalUK Clinical Waste CollectionUK Clinical Waste RegulationsUK Clinical Waste DisposalUK Clinical Waste ManagementUK Clinical Waste PolicyUK EA RegistrationSell my scrap van in UKWashroom Services in TarletonSanitary bins quoteGarden Services in SouthportGarden Services in OrmskirkGarden Services in FormybGarden Services in TarletonUK Path GravelUK Path GravelsUK GravelUK GravelsUK Garden Path GravelUK Decorative GravelsUK Cotswold GravelUK Bulk AggregatesUK Mass AggregatesUK Aggregates SuppliersUK Aggregate SuppliersUK Bulk Bags AggregatesUK Bulk BagsUK Mot Type 1UK Mot Type 2UK Top SoilUK Building SandUK Grit SandUK Fine SandUK Play SandUK Top Dressing SandUK Silica SandUK Mersey SandUK Kiln Dried SandUK Plastering SandUK Crusher RunUK DustUK BallestUK HardcoreUK GritUK Horticultural GritUK Alpine GritUK LimestoneUK GraniteUK Cotswold ChippingsUK Golden FlintUK MoonstoneUK Pea GravelUK Cheshire PinkUK Yorkshire CreamUK Derbyshire Peak StoneUK Green BallastUK Autumn GoldUK Pink GravelUK Blue SlateUK Plum SlateUK Grey SlateUK Welsh SlateUK Play BarkUK Chip BarkUK Christmas TreesUK Xmas TreesUK Artificial TreeUK Christmas Decorations