UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
1 LastLast
    Likes / Dislikes

Hope Street Nuisance Neighbours!

Some months ago a number of people moved into a rental property on Hope Street (the end closest to Asda & opposite the back of Ashley Road). I have no problem with people enjoying themselves but these people are unbelievable. Almost every night shouting really loud and staring every time my son or I venture outside! It's like they get louder because they think they have an audience. Thank God I don't live next door because I feel so sorry for those people having to listen to the scream shouting and incessant fake laughing while trying to sleep. So selfish & self absorbed astonishing!

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    Some months ago a number of people moved into a rental property on Hope Street (the end closest to Asda & opposite the back of Ashley Road). I have no problem with people enjoying themselves but these people are unbelievable. Almost every night shouting really loud and staring every time my son or I venture outside! It's like they get louder because they think they have an audience. Thank God I don't live next door because I feel so sorry for those people having to listen to the scream shouting and incessant fake laughing while trying to sleep. So selfish & self absorbed astonishing!

I had worse for a while. Started by asking these unemployed neighbours very politely if they would keep the noise down as it was disturbing my sleep when I have to get up for work. They created even more noise. I kept a log of the incidences and contacted the council. Nothing was done after a few days - so I kept on to the council until they sent someone down. I handed over the log that I had kept and the council sent a letter to these neighbours. They continued with the noise and threatened me by shouting over the fence. When I went round to their house - they hid. I contacted the council again and the council handed the matter over to the Unsocial behaviour Unit who contacted the Landlord. The noisy neighbours were given notice to quit from the landlord.
    I do not like to cause issues with neighbours - but my reasoning is that if they feel it is right to upset my life, then I have every right to upset theirs.

4. Likes TownieChap, steve, Taxi Driver liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by said View Post
    I had worse for a while. Started by asking these unemployed neighbours very politely if they would keep the noise down as it was disturbing my sleep when I have to get up for work. They created even more noise. I kept a log of the incidences and contacted the council. Nothing was done after a few days - so I kept on to the council until they sent someone down. I handed over the log that I had kept and the council sent a letter to these neighbours. They continued with the noise and threatened me by shouting over the fence. When I went round to their house - they hid. I contacted the council again and the council handed the matter over to the Unsocial behaviour Unit who contacted the Landlord. The noisy neighbours were given notice to quit from the landlord.
    I do not like to cause issues with neighbours - but my reasoning is that if they feel it is right to upset my life, then I have every right to upset theirs.
    Well good for you! They went quiet for a couple of weeks but they are back to their horrendous behaviour now! The way they laugh is unhinged. I can sleep in peace & turn my tv up but have to shut the windows and door when it's hot! Utterly rude & inconsiderate. x

Likes / Dislikes
    Well good for you! They went quiet for a couple of weeks but they are back to their horrendous behaviour now! The way they laugh is unhinged. I can sleep in peace & turn my tv up but have to shut the windows and door when it's hot! Utterly rude & inconsiderate. x

OK! Then just contact the council and tell them that you are having to put up with your neighbours unsociable behaviour. Keep a diary of the times and the dates, make a copy and send it to the council. If nothing is done - keep on at the council until it is. If you know the landlord of the property, or the estate agents dealing with it - also complain to them. Landlords do have to ensure that their tenants respect the local community. I agree with you, it is very rude, very inconsiderate - and I bet there is either alcohol or illegal drugs involved, or both.

7. Likes Moi liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by said View Post

Whereabouts was that in Town ?

Likes / Dislikes
    I had similar problems some years ago , Sefton council sorted it for me .
    REST IN PEACE THE 96.
    Y.N.W.A.

10. Likes Moi liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    We've suffered noise and anti social behaviour problems since the local bank was turned into a themed drinking bar. Crowds of up to a hundred young people can be out often until 11 at night. We can't open the window and we sleep with a fan on to drown out the row. At least our problem only happens when the weather is good, it must be awful for it to be a regular event.
    With the help of our local councillor, sefton planning and licensing have helped and things have got better, but this is a very slow drawn out process but I remain positive that eventually the problem will be removed.
    My advice get a councillor involved they know the system, and who to contact and their enquiries get answered.

12. Likes Moi liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Must be quite a shock to the locality to go from a sedate Bank to a noisy bar, the planners seem to have got that one wrong or were their hands tied ?

Britannia ran rings round the planners with the Scarisbrick Hotel front.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by local View Post
    Must be quite a shock to the locality to go from a sedate Bank to a noisy bar, the planners seem to have got that one wrong or were their hands tied ?

The don't have planning permission and we have been addressing the issue with the planning and licensing departments for over a year with the help of local councillors. We have won at every stage so far but these people know how to play the system. We will win eventually unless they go bust first.

15. Likes Moi liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes

The former Bank was a source of anti social behavior and drug taking and many were happy to see the site redeveloped, there must have been a need for the establishment or it wouldn't be popular, the other establisments in the area couldn't have been catering for the locals needs.

Likes / Dislikes
    my friend is trying to sell his lovely bungalow near the town centre,,,it was a lovely peacefull location...then a very nice victorian block of flats became filled with recent eu arrivals....now its a nightmare,,,gangs drinking outside all evening,,,the washing hung out of every window drying...every window having loud music spoting all night,, every buyer just walks away!...what can be done?...or is this just the start of the town centre becoming a slum...

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by crocodile35 View Post
    The don't have planning permission and we have been addressing the issue with the planning and licensing departments for over a year with the help of local councillors. We have won at every stage so far but these people know how to play the system. We will win eventually unless they go bust first.
    i doubt you will get anywhere...in southport the planning is about who you know and pay, not what is the law...

Likes / Dislikes
    Whereabouts was that in Town ?

Yes.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by thediscovolante View Post
    my friend is trying to sell his lovely bungalow near the town centre,,,it was a lovely peacefull location...then a very nice victorian block of flats became filled with recent eu arrivals....now its a nightmare,,,gangs drinking outside all evening,,,the washing hung out of every window drying...every window having loud music spoting all night,, every buyer just walks away!...what can be done?...or is this just the start of the town centre becoming a slum...
    Does the property belong to a private landlord? Do you know who the landlord is? If so, you could try approaching the landlord to ask him to ensure that his tenants behaved in a social manner - landlords are now responsible for the behaviour of their tenants.

If you do not know who the landlord is, or feel uncomfortable in approaching him then you can phone the council and tell them what is going on. You will need to keep a diary of events, dates and times for about two weeks. Take a copy of your diary and send this to the council. The council will either come down and have a word with the tenants, or will go and see the landlord. If that fails - ask if the anti-social team can do anything. You may have to make several phone calls to the council - but you will get something done about it.

This applies to any behaviour that you find upsetting. Loud music, constant barking dogs, loud shouting late at night, loud televisions, etc., Anything that gives you constant stress, sleep less nights, constant headaches, unable to concentrate in your own home, noise permeating into your own home so that you cannot enjoy a good quality of life, etc.,

21. Likes Moi liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by thediscovolante View Post
    i doubt you will get anywhere...in southport the planning is about who you know and pay, not what is the law...

As from April 2016 - those changing a business into a night club, bar etc., must take into consideration the noise aspect and its affect on the local community. The premises must be prepared with suitable planning to use cladding, and other materials etc., and the owner must show that the noise will not cause harm to others. I believe that Boris Johnson has already announced something with regard to this for London.

Councils can act if:
    "If noise is coming from Licensed Premises then we may not need to prove a statutory nuisance. Licences are issued with conditions in order to ensure that disturbance caused to the general public is kept to a minimum. Action can be taken against premises that operate outside of its licensing conditions."

"
    In the UK, you usually need two types of licence to run a public house, restaurant or club in accordance with the Licensing Act 2003. These licences are primarily for the sale of alcohol on your premises.In the UK, you usually need two types of licence to run a public house, restaurant or club in accordance with the Licensing Act 2003. These licences are primarily for the sale of alcohol on your premises.

You will need a premises licence that covers your building where you operate your business. This licence will be issued once your premises has been inspected and has met with all current health and safety and fire regulations. Your second licence is a personal licence. This empowers you as an individual to legally own and run the business.

These licences come with a lot of responsibility. To be able to keep your licences you will need to ensure that your business does not breach any of the laws that cover you, or else you could see yourself losing your licences and your premises being shut down. Should you fall foul of the law, then you can expect to be hit with heavy fines as a result, and may find yourself unable to obtain the same licences again in the future." Your Company foundations.

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK /
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in UK
Replacement Stove Glass in UK
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
UKUK News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)
UK MasksUK Face MasksUK KN95 MasksUK Disposable MasksUK Hand SanitiserUK Hand SanitizerUK PPEUK Bathroom SuppliesUK Cheap BathroomsUK Discount BathroomsUK Bathroom SalesUK Bathroom SuitesUK Bathroom TapsUK Basin TapsUK Bath TapsUK Kitchen TapsUK Free Standing Bath TapsUK Bath Mixer TapUK Bidet TapsUK Shower EnclosuresUK Bi Fold Shower DoorsUK Corner ShowersUK Pivot Shower DoorsUK Sliding Shower DoorsUK Shower Side PanelsUK Quadrant ShowersUK Shower TraysUK Wet-RoomsUK Bathroom ShowersUK Showers ValvesUK Showers RailsUK Showers HeadsUK Showers ArmsUK Showers HandsetsUK Showers JetsUK Showers ElbowsUK Toilet SeatsUK ToiletsUK BasinsUK Basin WastesUK Combined Toilet BasinUK Bathroom FurnitureUK BathsUK L Shaped BathUK P Shaped BathUK Bath ScreensUK SanitarywareUK Combined Toilet BasinUK StovesUK Wood StovesUK Home StovesUK Cooker StovesUK Enamel StovesUK Designer StovesUK Contemporary StovesUK Multi Fuel StovesUK Car ServicingUK MOTgUK TyresUK Car BatteryUK ExhaustUK Journalist JobsUK Reporter JobsUK Writing JobsUK Freelance WriterUK Self Employed JobsUK Franchise BusinessUK Franchise OpportunitiesUK Car InsuranceUK Cheap Car InsuranceUK Car Insurance BrokersUK Driving SchoolsUK Driving LessonsUK Driving TestUK Driving Theory TestUK Driving Instruction, 0000 UK Driving Instructor, 0000 UK VouchersUK DealsUK MatalanUK Railway SleepersUK Reclaimed SleepersUK New SleepersUK CoalUK House CoalUK Household CoalUK Smokeless CoalUK Smokeless FuelUK Coal BagsUK FirewoodUK Fire WoodUK Kiln Dried HardwoodUK Kiln Dried LogsUK Logs For SaleUK Log SuppliesUK LogsUK Firewood LogsUK Seasoned LogsUK Hardwood LogsUK Firewood SuppliersUK Firewood Log SuppliersUK Firewood Dumpy BagsUK Firewood CratesUK Cheap FirewoodUK Homefire LogsUK Cheap Firewood LogsUK Kindle ConesUK Pizza Oven LogsUK Heating OilUK Home Heating OilUK Red DieselUK White DieselUK KereseneUK Commercial FuelsUK Calor GasUK Propane GasUK Butane GasUK Heating GasUK Horse TrainingUK Horse TrainerUK Horse WhispererUK Equine WhispererUK Horse Whisperer Victoria SmithUK Rattan Garden FurnitureUK Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan SofaUK Rattan Dining SetUK Rattan DirectUK Cheap Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan Corner SofasUK Rattan Day BedsUK Rattan Sun LoungersUK Rattan Cube SetsUK Rattan Bistro SetsUK ChimeneasUK FirepitsUK Patio HeatersUK Hygiene VendingUK Washroom VendingUK Air FreshenersUK Air CareUK Aerosol SystemsUK Gel SystemsUK Water SavingUK Urinal Water SavingUK Eco CapsUK SensaflushUK Water ManagementUK Urinal DosingUK Urinal V ScreensUK Legionella Risk AssessmentUK Legionella Risk TestingUK Legionaires Risk AssessmentUK Legionella BacteriaUK Legionaires BacteriaUK Legionella ComplianceUK Legionella AdviceUK Legionella Landlords AdviceUK Legionella TestingUK Legionella CheckUK Legionella RegulationsUK Legionella Risk Assessment For LandlordsUK Legionella Water TestingUK Legionella QuoteUK Fire Stove GlassUK Heat Resistant GlassUK Fire GlassUK Stove GlassUK Fire Resistant GlassUK Replacement Stove GlassUK Glass For StovesUK Dust MatsUK Entrance MatsUK Reception MatsUK Anti Fatigue MatsUK Floor MatsUK Logo MatsUK London Washroom ServicesUK London Sanitary BinsUK London Shredding ServicesUK London Trade Waste DisposalUK London Legionella TestingUK London Clinical WasteUK Washroom ServicesUK Principal WashroomsUK Washrooms SuppliesUK Washrooms SolutionsUK Sanitary DisposalUK Sanitary BinsUK Sani BinsUK Lady BinsUK Feminine Hygiene UnitsUK Sanitary Waste DisposalUK Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Waste BinUK Sanitary Waste BinsUK Sanitary UnitsUK Feminine UnitsUK Hygiene ServicesUK Sanitary Bin SupplierUK Sanitary Bin RentalUK Sanitary Bin Rental ServicesUK Sanitary BinUK SanitarybinUK Feminine Hygiene BinsUK Female Santary BinUK Sani binUK Sani binsUK Sanibin RentalUK Sanitary BoxUK Sanitary BoxesUK Sanitary Bin QuoteUK Sanitary Bin PriceUK Sanitary Bin CostUK Sanitary Disposal QuoteUK Sanitary Disposal PriceUK Sanitary Disposal CostUK Free Duty of CareUK Tampon BinUK Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Tampon BinUK Sanitary Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Towel BinUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Feminine WasteUK Feminine Hygiene WasteUK Sanitary Waste RegulationsUK Sanitary Waste LawUK Sanitary Bins LawUK Sanitary Bins For Small BusinessUK Sanitary Bin Service CostUK Sanitary Bin Collection CostUK Disposal of Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Sanitary Towel DisposalUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK Biomass WasteUK Metal WasteUK Paper ShreddingUK Local ShreddingUK Secure ShreddingUK Confidential ShreddingUK Document DestructionUK Confidential WasteUK Confidential Waste ServiceUK Confidential Waste ServicesUK Confidential Waste ShreddingUK Confidential Waste DisposalUK Confidential Waste DestructionUK On Site ShreddingUK Off Site ShreddingUK One Off ShreddingUK Contract ShreddingUK GDPR ShreddingUK ShreddingUK Document ShreddingUK Shredding ServicesUK Mobile ShreddingUK Dental WasteUK Dental Waste DisposalUK Dental Waste LegislationUK Dental Waste ComplianceUK Accupuncture WasteUK Accupuncture Waste DisposalUK Accupuncture Waste CollectionAccupuncture Waste in UKAccupuncture Waste Disposal in UKAccupuncture Waste Collection in UKUK Acupuncture WasteUK Acupuncture Waste DisposalUK Acupuncture Waste CollectionUK Acupuncture Waste ServiceUK Acupuncture Clinical WasteUK Acupuncture SharpsUK Acupuncture NeedlesUK Beauty Salon Clincical WasteUK Beauty Salon MicrobladingUK Beauty Salon NeedlesUK Beauty Salon SharpsUK Tattoo WasteUK Tattoo Waste DisposalTattoo Waste in UKTattoo Waste Disposal in UKTattoo Waste Collection in UKTattoo Waste Compliance in UKTattoo Waste Services in UKTattoo Clinical Waste in UKTattoo Sharps in UKTattoo Needles in UKUK Sharps BinUK Sharps BinsUK Sharps CollectionUK Sharps DisposalUK Hazardous SharpsUK Non Hazardous SharpsUK Cytotoxic SharpsUK Cytostatic SharpsUK Ink BlockUK Wet_WasteUK Tattoo InkUK Drug DestructionUK Drug DisposalUK Drug DenaturingUK Unwanted DrugsUK Out Of Date DrugsUK Pest ControlUK Rodent ControlUK Bird ControlUK Bird ProofingUK Guano ControlUK Pest Call OutUK Pest PreventionUK Pest DeterrentUK Nursery WasteUK Nappy WasteUK Nappy BinUK Nappy BinsUK Nappy DisposalUK Nappy Wheelie BinUK Nursery Waste DisposalUK Nursery Waste CollectionUK Nappy Waste RegulationsUK Commercial Nappy WasteUK Nappy Disposal BinUK Nappy Waste CollectionUK Incontinence PadsUK Offensive WasteUK Human WasteUK Nursing Home WasteUK Care Home WasteUK Hazardous WasteUK Infectous WasteUK Pharmaceutical WasteUK Medicinal WasteUK Medicine WasteUK Infection ControlUK Hand SanitisersUK Clinical WasteUK Clinical Waste RemovalUK Clinical Waste CollectionUK Clinical Waste RegulationsUK Clinical Waste DisposalUK Clinical Waste ManagementUK Clinical Waste PolicyUK EA RegistrationSell my scrap van in UKWashroom Services in TarletonSanitary bins quoteGarden Services in SouthportGarden Services in OrmskirkGarden Services in FormybGarden Services in TarletonUK Path GravelUK Path GravelsUK GravelUK GravelsUK Garden Path GravelUK Decorative GravelsUK Cotswold GravelUK Bulk AggregatesUK Mass AggregatesUK Aggregates SuppliersUK Aggregate SuppliersUK Bulk Bags AggregatesUK Bulk BagsUK Mot Type 1UK Mot Type 2UK Top SoilUK Building SandUK Grit SandUK Fine SandUK Play SandUK Top Dressing SandUK Silica SandUK Mersey SandUK Kiln Dried SandUK Plastering SandUK Crusher RunUK DustUK BallestUK HardcoreUK GritUK Horticultural GritUK Alpine GritUK LimestoneUK GraniteUK Cotswold ChippingsUK Golden FlintUK MoonstoneUK Pea GravelUK Cheshire PinkUK Yorkshire CreamUK Derbyshire Peak StoneUK Green BallastUK Autumn GoldUK Pink GravelUK Blue SlateUK Plum SlateUK Grey SlateUK Welsh SlateUK Play BarkUK Chip BarkUK Christmas TreesUK Xmas TreesUK Artificial TreeUK Christmas Decorations