UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
FirstFirst 1 ... LastLast
    Likes / Dislikes
    There won't be any food shortages, nobody will starve !

There maybe a temporary 'lack of availability' of some EU imported foods, so meanwhile we will just have to eat something else

2. Likes Hamble liked this post

3. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Toodles McGinty View Post
    I guess we've all read about 'Operation Yellowhammer' by now - the government's preparations for a 'no deal' Brexit.

According to the news today, fuel, food and medicines could be in short supply. Not worst case scenario, but the most likely 'aftershock' post-Brexit.

Is anyone taking this seriously, or are we all stuck in 'normalcy bias' mode - the powers that be will never allow this to happen?
    i have read the laughable yellowhammer report for the mentally challenged...just curious....do we get our fuel from brussels or saudi arabia?..if you believe this crap you are stupid beyond belief...but if you are terrified about carrotts and brocolli etc not getting through...that is trucked thousands of miles from eastern europe....relax ,we grow them here in our hometown..perhaps you should support home grown veg and not the disgusting trade of eu veg causing global warming....we have gas at our fingertips in blackpool....but you idiots shun it and prefer to ship it thousands of miles from other countries...britain will thrive after brexit,,have some loyalty to britain and not the eu..

Likes / Dislikes

Again, the mechanisms for importing medication etc from outside the EU are not there yet. We don't make insulin, for example. How much will that cost to get here from the US. We are not self sufficient in food. It will take years to get even close to it.
    Did you know that Americans flock to Canada by the bus load to buy insulin? The majority of Americans can't afford to buy it in their own country. A vial of insulin cost $320 in the US... $30 in Canada.

The ever increasing number of Americans crossing the border to buy pharmaceuticals is becoming a concern for Canadians. Many worry that the Canadian supply will be depleted due to the increased demand, leaving us with shortages. The orange idiot is planning to legalise importing lower cost Canadian drugs, solving their problem at our expense... or as someone in the NY Times said: "Transfusing the blood of a mouse to an elephant. The mouse is not going to survive that"

People in the UK have no idea what they're going to be up against in placing any dependence on the US. Take it from one who knows, after living with them on my shoulder for 45 years.

6. Likes Toodles McGinty liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Not sure many agree with my reasoning

You're correct, from what I recall the majority of leave voters were from poorer, traditionally Labour voting areas. Historically, when a shift to the hard right happens, that seems to be the pattern. The less well off, in the face of an economic downturn, seem to bite the hand most likely to feed them, rather than those in power causing the problems. In Labour's case, I'm not sure what they could have done since 2010, apart from make the right noises. Have to say the right -wing press barons have done an excellent job in demonising the left. Again, throw enough muddy propaganda, and some will stick. When a photo of someone eating a bacon butty makes the front page of most newspapers, we haven't exactly been bathing in the hallowed waters of rational thinking.

You work with immigrants without the resources to fully support them. For you, will Brexit provide those resources, or merely eliminate the problem?

As far as the far-right in Europe is concerned, is the EU any more likely to fight that without the UK? Or again, does it just stop being our problem? Wasn't the EU born of the need to stop the far-right spawning once again?

Isn't Trump just another far-right populist demagogue that we should be fighting against. Not literally, but ideally. He's backed, as they nearly all are, by white Christian nationalists. There's a rally in Portland that, if it turns violent, he won't condemn as he knows his base. Aren't we moving from a place that was built to maintain peace to a 'vassal state' of a government of white supremacists?

If we were to revoke A50, what would you change about the EU if you could?

And have you got enough beans and bog roll if we don't
    I don't work with migrants specifically -rather the services provided are for all the public though it will be no surprise that 'government provision' of services are rationed due to demand.

This would be the same situation whichever political party was in power.
    One cannot budget for an open ended (and population forecast rise)should the UK remain in Freedom of Movement Europe.

The EU and specifically certain countries have failed to stop the rise of the Far Right they are just adding to the minority groups they were already beastly too.

Brexit offers a chance of containing the Far Right and Far Left in the UK.

Trump is contained across the ocean.

I would not revoke article 50.

Less beans less need for bog roll.
    I can do without bog roll we have a bidet

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by thediscovolante View Post
    i have read the laughable yellowhammer report for the mentally challenged...just curious....do we get our fuel from brussels or saudi arabia?..if you believe this crap you are stupid beyond belief...but if you are terrified about carrotts and brocolli etc not getting through...that is trucked thousands of miles from eastern europe....relax ,we grow them here in our hometown..perhaps you should support home grown veg and not the disgusting trade of eu veg causing global warming....we have gas at our fingertips in blackpool....but you idiots shun it and prefer to ship it thousands of miles from other countries...britain will thrive after brexit,,have some loyalty to britain and not the eu..

And there we go...

9. Likes AdmiralAckbar liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    [QUOTE=Mr B S Sniffer;6692041]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamble View Post

Well we all know the history of the Rothmere dynasty don't we?
    Do you mean Rothermere?

The chappy who had no power only free speech?

Surely you mean Ernest Bevan who did have power and the way he used it resulted in the deaths of human beings.

Likes / Dislikes
    [QUOTE=Hamble;6692062]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr B S Sniffer View Post

Do you mean Rothermere?

The chappy who had no power only free speech?

Surely you mean Ernest Bevan who did have power and the way he used it resulted in the deaths of human beings.
    Yes Rotheremere I stand corrected.

"Ernest Bevin" Oh you've come up with a jewish link out of thin air, pat yourself on the back

Interesting you don't think the tax avoiding, lying press barons don't have any power.

Likes / Dislikes
    [QUOTE=Mr B S Sniffer;6692063]

Yes Rotheremere I stand corrected.

"Ernest Bevin" Oh you've come up with a jewish link out of thin air, pat yourself on the back

Interesting you don't think the tax avoiding, lying press barons don't have any power.
    ?
    Bevan was not Jewish.

Quote Mr BS.

"Well we all know the history of the Rothmere dynasty don't we?"

You have already brought this up on another thread and made quite clear it related to the 2nd world War hence my reply.

Likes / Dislikes
    [QUOTE=Hamble;6692066]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr B S Sniffer View Post

?
    Bevan was not Jewish.

Quote Mr BS.

"Well we all know the history of the Rothmere dynasty don't we?"

You have already brought this up on another thread and made quite clear it related to the 2nd world War hence my reply.
    You brought Bevan/Bevin up because he opposed the establishment of the jewish state! Yes/No?

Post #9

Hamble
    "Good old Rothermere."

I merely reminded you where his inheritance came from.

Likes / Dislikes

?
    Bevan was not Jewish.
    Ernest Bevin was the Foreign Secretary when the State of Israel was created.

Nye ( Aneurin) Bevan was a different guy. He was the Minister of Health from '45 - '51.

Likes / Dislikes
    I don't work with migrants specifically -rather the services provided are for all the public though it will be no surprise that 'government provision' of services are rationed due to demand.

This would be the same situation whichever political party was in power.
    One cannot budget for an open ended (and population forecast rise)should the UK remain in Freedom of Movement Europe.

The EU and specifically certain countries have failed to stop the rise of the Far Right they are just adding to the minority groups they were already beastly too.

Brexit offers a chance of containing the Far Right and Far Left in the UK.

Trump is contained across the ocean.

I would not revoke article 50.

Less beans less need for bog roll.
    I can do without bog roll we have a bidet
    I agree that certain countries have done nothing to stem the rise of the far right. Or not done enough, in retrospect.

But I also think this country is one of them. The ERG are the hard right. Not 'far' right, but not far.

You mentioned earlier:
    You think the highest tax payers are going to support free movement of people into the UK looking for a job.
    Yes, I do think they will. If immigration stops from the EU, it'll be Africa and India / Pakistan. It will be freedom of movement in exchange for trade deals. And those extremists that you fear won't have to travel through the EU to get here. They'll pop straight over.

Independent. New Statesman. The Sun, even.

I don't see how Brexit will contain the far right or far left. Firstly it's widely believed it's a far right construct, and secondly, having the far right in power will bring about a push to the far left, neither of which I'd want, personally. Remember, Brexit means deregulation. In anything the PTB want it to be.

Trump will not be contained anywhere. You cannot believe that, surely? All deals will lead to US healthcare getting their hands on the NHS among a host of other things, and it won't be to our advantage.

As for bog roll, I have no bidet, so I'll go along with the rhyme 'In days of old when knights were bold and paper weren't invented...'

We can grow cabbage leaves

16. Likes seivad liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    I agree that certain countries have done nothing to stem the rise of the far right. Or not done enough, in retrospect.

But I also think this country is one of them. The ERG are the hard right. Not 'far' right, but not far.

You mentioned earlier:

Yes, I do think they will. If immigration stops from the EU, it'll be Africa and India / Pakistan. It will be freedom of movement in exchange for trade deals. And those extremists that you fear won't have to travel through the EU to get here. They'll pop straight over.

I don't see how Brexit will contain the far right or far left. Firstly it's widely believed it's a far right construct, and secondly, having the far right in power will bring about a push to the far left, neither of which I'd want, personally. Remember, Brexit means deregulation. In anything the PTB want it to be.

Trump will not be contained anywhere. You cannot believe that, surely? All deals will lead to US healthcare getting their hands on the NHS among a host of other things, and it won't be to our advantage.

As for bog roll, I have no bidet, so I'll go along with the rhyme 'In days of old when knights were bold and paper weren't invented...'

You might return to the old days with torn up squares of newspaper hanging on a nail. Say goodbye to reading the news online, print media will be back in high demand.

18. Likes Toodles McGinty, AdmiralAckbar liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by seivad View Post
    Ernest Bevin was the Foreign Secretary when the State of Israel was created.

Nye ( Aneurin) Bevan was a different guy. He was the Minister of Health from '45 - '51.
    Give her a chance and she'll find a link

Likes / Dislikes

You mentioned earlier:

Immigration is not the problem or where the migrants come from other than Europe.

EU migration has no means testing due to 'free movement'.

Continental Europe's poor and down trodden and minorities particularly those who are immigrants to Europe are free to look for work.

The Far Left includes Radical Islamic Terrorism.
    Supporters are able to move across Europe freely just as Far Right supporters are.

Trump will not be around for ever.

Likes / Dislikes
    And there we go...

There is no turning back! Steve Barclay has signed the repeal of the 1972 EU Act.
    "The votes of 17.4 million people deciding to leave the EU is the greatest democratic mandate ever given to any UK Government. Politicians cannot choose which public votes they wish to respect. Parliament has already voted to leave on 31 October. The signing of this legislation ensures that the EU Withdrawal Act will repeal the European Communities Act 1972 on exit day." Govt. UK

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK /
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in UK
Replacement Stove Glass in UK
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
UKUK News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)
UK MasksUK Face MasksUK KN95 MasksUK Disposable MasksUK Hand SanitiserUK Hand SanitizerUK PPEUK Bathroom SuppliesUK Cheap BathroomsUK Discount BathroomsUK Bathroom SalesUK Bathroom SuitesUK Bathroom TapsUK Basin TapsUK Bath TapsUK Kitchen TapsUK Free Standing Bath TapsUK Bath Mixer TapUK Bidet TapsUK Shower EnclosuresUK Bi Fold Shower DoorsUK Corner ShowersUK Pivot Shower DoorsUK Sliding Shower DoorsUK Shower Side PanelsUK Quadrant ShowersUK Shower TraysUK Wet-RoomsUK Bathroom ShowersUK Showers ValvesUK Showers RailsUK Showers HeadsUK Showers ArmsUK Showers HandsetsUK Showers JetsUK Showers ElbowsUK Toilet SeatsUK ToiletsUK BasinsUK Basin WastesUK Combined Toilet BasinUK Bathroom FurnitureUK BathsUK L Shaped BathUK P Shaped BathUK Bath ScreensUK SanitarywareUK Combined Toilet BasinUK StovesUK Wood StovesUK Home StovesUK Cooker StovesUK Enamel StovesUK Designer StovesUK Contemporary StovesUK Multi Fuel StovesUK Car ServicingUK MOTgUK TyresUK Car BatteryUK ExhaustUK Journalist JobsUK Reporter JobsUK Writing JobsUK Freelance WriterUK Self Employed JobsUK Franchise BusinessUK Franchise OpportunitiesUK Car InsuranceUK Cheap Car InsuranceUK Car Insurance BrokersUK Driving SchoolsUK Driving LessonsUK Driving TestUK Driving Theory TestUK Driving Instruction, 0000 UK Driving Instructor, 0000 UK VouchersUK DealsUK MatalanUK Railway SleepersUK Reclaimed SleepersUK New SleepersUK CoalUK House CoalUK Household CoalUK Smokeless CoalUK Smokeless FuelUK Coal BagsUK FirewoodUK Fire WoodUK Kiln Dried HardwoodUK Kiln Dried LogsUK Logs For SaleUK Log SuppliesUK LogsUK Firewood LogsUK Seasoned LogsUK Hardwood LogsUK Firewood SuppliersUK Firewood Log SuppliersUK Firewood Dumpy BagsUK Firewood CratesUK Cheap FirewoodUK Homefire LogsUK Cheap Firewood LogsUK Kindle ConesUK Pizza Oven LogsUK Heating OilUK Home Heating OilUK Red DieselUK White DieselUK KereseneUK Commercial FuelsUK Calor GasUK Propane GasUK Butane GasUK Heating GasUK Horse TrainingUK Horse TrainerUK Horse WhispererUK Equine WhispererUK Horse Whisperer Victoria SmithUK Rattan Garden FurnitureUK Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan SofaUK Rattan Dining SetUK Rattan DirectUK Cheap Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan Corner SofasUK Rattan Day BedsUK Rattan Sun LoungersUK Rattan Cube SetsUK Rattan Bistro SetsUK ChimeneasUK FirepitsUK Patio HeatersUK Hygiene VendingUK Washroom VendingUK Air FreshenersUK Air CareUK Aerosol SystemsUK Gel SystemsUK Water SavingUK Urinal Water SavingUK Eco CapsUK SensaflushUK Water ManagementUK Urinal DosingUK Urinal V ScreensUK Legionella Risk AssessmentUK Legionella Risk TestingUK Legionaires Risk AssessmentUK Legionella BacteriaUK Legionaires BacteriaUK Legionella ComplianceUK Legionella AdviceUK Legionella Landlords AdviceUK Legionella TestingUK Legionella CheckUK Legionella RegulationsUK Legionella Risk Assessment For LandlordsUK Legionella Water TestingUK Legionella QuoteUK Fire Stove GlassUK Heat Resistant GlassUK Fire GlassUK Stove GlassUK Fire Resistant GlassUK Replacement Stove GlassUK Glass For StovesUK Dust MatsUK Entrance MatsUK Reception MatsUK Anti Fatigue MatsUK Floor MatsUK Logo MatsUK London Washroom ServicesUK London Sanitary BinsUK London Shredding ServicesUK London Trade Waste DisposalUK London Legionella TestingUK London Clinical WasteUK Washroom ServicesUK Principal WashroomsUK Washrooms SuppliesUK Washrooms SolutionsUK Sanitary DisposalUK Sanitary BinsUK Sani BinsUK Lady BinsUK Feminine Hygiene UnitsUK Sanitary Waste DisposalUK Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Waste BinUK Sanitary Waste BinsUK Sanitary UnitsUK Feminine UnitsUK Hygiene ServicesUK Sanitary Bin SupplierUK Sanitary Bin RentalUK Sanitary Bin Rental ServicesUK Sanitary BinUK SanitarybinUK Feminine Hygiene BinsUK Female Santary BinUK Sani binUK Sani binsUK Sanibin RentalUK Sanitary BoxUK Sanitary BoxesUK Sanitary Bin QuoteUK Sanitary Bin PriceUK Sanitary Bin CostUK Sanitary Disposal QuoteUK Sanitary Disposal PriceUK Sanitary Disposal CostUK Free Duty of CareUK Tampon BinUK Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Tampon BinUK Sanitary Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Towel BinUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Feminine WasteUK Feminine Hygiene WasteUK Sanitary Waste RegulationsUK Sanitary Waste LawUK Sanitary Bins LawUK Sanitary Bins For Small BusinessUK Sanitary Bin Service CostUK Sanitary Bin Collection CostUK Disposal of Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Sanitary Towel DisposalUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK Biomass WasteUK Metal WasteUK Paper ShreddingUK Local ShreddingUK Secure ShreddingUK Confidential ShreddingUK Document DestructionUK Confidential WasteUK Confidential Waste ServiceUK Confidential Waste ServicesUK Confidential Waste ShreddingUK Confidential Waste DisposalUK Confidential Waste DestructionUK On Site ShreddingUK Off Site ShreddingUK One Off ShreddingUK Contract ShreddingUK GDPR ShreddingUK ShreddingUK Document ShreddingUK Shredding ServicesUK Mobile ShreddingUK Dental WasteUK Dental Waste DisposalUK Dental Waste LegislationUK Dental Waste ComplianceUK Accupuncture WasteUK Accupuncture Waste DisposalUK Accupuncture Waste CollectionAccupuncture Waste in UKAccupuncture Waste Disposal in UKAccupuncture Waste Collection in UKUK Acupuncture WasteUK Acupuncture Waste DisposalUK Acupuncture Waste CollectionUK Acupuncture Waste ServiceUK Acupuncture Clinical WasteUK Acupuncture SharpsUK Acupuncture NeedlesUK Beauty Salon Clincical WasteUK Beauty Salon MicrobladingUK Beauty Salon NeedlesUK Beauty Salon SharpsUK Tattoo WasteUK Tattoo Waste DisposalTattoo Waste in UKTattoo Waste Disposal in UKTattoo Waste Collection in UKTattoo Waste Compliance in UKTattoo Waste Services in UKTattoo Clinical Waste in UKTattoo Sharps in UKTattoo Needles in UKUK Sharps BinUK Sharps BinsUK Sharps CollectionUK Sharps DisposalUK Hazardous SharpsUK Non Hazardous SharpsUK Cytotoxic SharpsUK Cytostatic SharpsUK Ink BlockUK Wet_WasteUK Tattoo InkUK Drug DestructionUK Drug DisposalUK Drug DenaturingUK Unwanted DrugsUK Out Of Date DrugsUK Pest ControlUK Rodent ControlUK Bird ControlUK Bird ProofingUK Guano ControlUK Pest Call OutUK Pest PreventionUK Pest DeterrentUK Nursery WasteUK Nappy WasteUK Nappy BinUK Nappy BinsUK Nappy DisposalUK Nappy Wheelie BinUK Nursery Waste DisposalUK Nursery Waste CollectionUK Nappy Waste RegulationsUK Commercial Nappy WasteUK Nappy Disposal BinUK Nappy Waste CollectionUK Incontinence PadsUK Offensive WasteUK Human WasteUK Nursing Home WasteUK Care Home WasteUK Hazardous WasteUK Infectous WasteUK Pharmaceutical WasteUK Medicinal WasteUK Medicine WasteUK Infection ControlUK Hand SanitisersUK Clinical WasteUK Clinical Waste RemovalUK Clinical Waste CollectionUK Clinical Waste RegulationsUK Clinical Waste DisposalUK Clinical Waste ManagementUK Clinical Waste PolicyUK EA RegistrationSell my scrap van in UKWashroom Services in TarletonSanitary bins quoteGarden Services in SouthportGarden Services in OrmskirkGarden Services in FormybGarden Services in TarletonUK Path GravelUK Path GravelsUK GravelUK GravelsUK Garden Path GravelUK Decorative GravelsUK Cotswold GravelUK Bulk AggregatesUK Mass AggregatesUK Aggregates SuppliersUK Aggregate SuppliersUK Bulk Bags AggregatesUK Bulk BagsUK Mot Type 1UK Mot Type 2UK Top SoilUK Building SandUK Grit SandUK Fine SandUK Play SandUK Top Dressing SandUK Silica SandUK Mersey SandUK Kiln Dried SandUK Plastering SandUK Crusher RunUK DustUK BallestUK HardcoreUK GritUK Horticultural GritUK Alpine GritUK LimestoneUK GraniteUK Cotswold ChippingsUK Golden FlintUK MoonstoneUK Pea GravelUK Cheshire PinkUK Yorkshire CreamUK Derbyshire Peak StoneUK Green BallastUK Autumn GoldUK Pink GravelUK Blue SlateUK Plum SlateUK Grey SlateUK Welsh SlateUK Play BarkUK Chip BarkUK Christmas TreesUK Xmas TreesUK Artificial TreeUK Christmas Decorations