UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
FirstFirst ... ... LastLast
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamble View Post
    ?

It is not an insult it is a genuine political voice.
    This Muslim left should also espouse the following basic ideas, without being limited to them:

• separation of mosque and state;
    • opposition to tyranny (even if the tyrant has liberal values);
    • affirmance of republicanism or democracy;
    • an ability to coherently demonstrate that the Muslim right represents merely one interpretation of Islam;
    • a commitment to free speech and eagerness to defeat the Muslim right in the marketplace of ideas;
    • commitment to religious individualism and opposition to left-collectivism, specifically Marxism;
    • opposition to economic protectionism;
    • opposing any and all calls for a "council of religious experts" that can oversee legislation (even if those experts are liberals); and
    • affirming international law.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...fthemuslimleft
    Doesn't that article state that the Muslim right is already well established, and the author is arguing that there should be a Muslim left?

I really don't see what religion has to do with the way you vote. The vast majority of people in this country are white Christian, and vote all over the spectrum. I'd venture that Labour take a larger slice of the Muslim vote in inner city areas, because they take a larger slice of everyone's vote in inner city areas.

I'd say it's more about socioeconomics than religion.

2. Likes AdmiralAckbar liked this post

3. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes

The have nots in this country have suffered more due to being in the EU.
    The have nots in this country have suffered more at the hands of UK governments than they have from the EU and will bear the brunt of Brexit.
    The EU has funded deprived areas of the UK
    The UK has also refused EU aid for the poor.

5. Likes Toodles McGinty, AdmiralAckbar liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by salus.populi View Post

You mean that they have given us some of out OWN money back!

Likes / Dislikes
    His reading is limited to cartoons on the back of cereal boxes!
    I do books as well, your biography I believe.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Toodles McGinty View Post
    Doesn't that article state that the Muslim right is already well established, and the author is arguing that there should be a Muslim left?

I really don't see what religion has to do with the way you vote. The vast majority of people in this country are white Christian, and vote all over the spectrum. I'd venture that Labour take a larger slice of the Muslim vote in inner city areas, because they take a larger slice of everyone's vote in inner city areas.

I'd say it's more about socioeconomics than religion.
    Yes-a Muslim Left voice which would only be possible in the West
    hence the support here.

Also has to be said the Muslim vote does not like Tory's as Capitalism is against Islamic belief.

You mentioned Baroness Warsi belonging to the Tory Party?
    She did get terrible abuse for her choice and threats from the Muslim community that did not abate until she resigned on the Palestine/Israel issue.

Corbyn has promised that if he becomes PM his party will immediately recognise Palestine as an Independent State.
    That is very much the vote clincher for Muslim and many non Muslim voters.

In reality (as much as as I support a two State solution) Labour would in effect be supporting a State run by the terrorist group Hamas which has Capital punishment and Sharia Law.

How different if the goal first was the modern left Islamic politics of my
    link for the people of Palestine?

Likes / Dislikes
    The have nots in this country have suffered more at the hands of UK governments than they have from the EU and will bear the brunt of Brexit.
    Totally agree with your first point.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by *concerned* View Post
    ... yes, our own money back - money which the Tories would probably have used to fund more high earner tax cuts, money which the deprived areas would probably have never seen.
    "May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Firefly (TV Series)

11. Likes salus.populi liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    If you read this article it is clearer.

"It is understood that in "trilogue" negotiations – between the European commission, the council of ministers and the European Parliament – British officials formed a blocking minority with three other EU member states to water down the fund which will run from 2014-2020. Under the original plans there would have been just one funding strand for the "distribution of material assistance" – sleeping bags and food. But Britain prompted the creation of a second funding strand known as "immaterial assistance" to cover counselling and budget maintenance but not food banks.

The position taken by UK officials means that Britain will draw down just €3.5m (£2.9m) from the fund compared with €443m for France which is around the same size as the UK. Britain is taking the same amount as Malta, the smallest EU member state with a population of 450,000.

The department for work and pensions said that Britain has not lost any money because the £22m would have come out of the UK's EU structural fund pot. It said that ministers have not decided how to allocate the £2.9m earmarked for Britain from the fund, though this is expected to be spent on helping unemployed people find work.

A DWP spokesperson said: "We aren't losing money – any funding the UK receives from the Fund for European Aid to the Most Deprived will be taken off our structural fund allocation. Instead we will use our structural funds to support local initiatives to train and support disadvantaged people into work. We have not yet decided how the €3.5m euro pot (£2.9m) will be spent – food aid is just one of the options for spending the money."

Chris Mould, the executive chairman of Britain's largest network of food banks, the Trussell Trust, told the Guardian: "We would welcome an opportunity to have discussions with DWP about how we could use that €3.5m to good effect. If the EU made a decision in the European Parliament that this money should be used for the assistance of people in severe need – and it has got a food aid tag on it – then we hope they will talk to us."

On the signs that the government would like to spend the money in helping people into work, rather than on food aid, Mould said: "It is the decision of government at all times what its priorities are for the money it has available. But it does need to spend money in several places not in one place. The Trussell Trust has provided through its network of food banks emergency assistance for over 500,000 people since 2013 who are in financial crisis, who are going hungry who have been referred by more than 23,000 different professionals holding vouchers.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...ing-food-banks

Likes / Dislikes
    Is it an equal comparison even hypothetically?

The have nots in this country have suffered more due to being in the EU and would suffer more through no tax payers.
    I'd like to know how the 'have-nots' have suffered more due to being in the EU?

When 'said' wrote:

Quote Originally Posted by said View Post
    You say that you do not want to go down the route of putting people against one another - but isn't that just what the EU commission did constantly? Regularly issuing policies that protected people, making them reliant on a system? Maintaining a rich and poor division of people?
    I asked which policies in particular would you say have divided people? And which particular policies that protect people do you think were wrong? Never got an answer.

As some people state 'We'll make our own laws' and I ask which particular laws do you want to change? Never get an answer.

I know rich people, especially the ERG and their buddies, are absolutely crapping themselves over the EU's
    Anti Tax Avoidance Directive. Poor people would actually benefit from that.

So how have poor people suffered through being in the EU?

14. Likes salus.populi liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    If you read this article it is clearer.

"It is understood that in "trilogue" negotiations – between the European commission, the council of ministers and the European Parliament – British officials formed a blocking minority with three other EU member states to water down the fund which will run from 2014-2020. Under the original plans there would have been just one funding strand for the "distribution of material assistance" – sleeping bags and food. But Britain prompted the creation of a second funding strand known as "immaterial assistance" to cover counselling and budget maintenance but not food banks.

The position taken by UK officials means that Britain will draw down just €3.5m (£2.9m) from the fund compared with €443m for France which is around the same size as the UK. Britain is taking the same amount as Malta, the smallest EU member state with a population of 450,000.
    So our government screwed up, not the EU?

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by *concerned* View Post
    Yes that's right. And it's been spent in parts of the country where our own government won't spend it.

Likes / Dislikes

When 'said' wrote:

I asked which policies in particular would you say have divided people? And which particular policies that protect people do you think were wrong? Never got an answer.

As some people state 'We'll make our own laws' and I ask which particular laws do you want to change? Never get an answer.

I know rich people, especially the ERG and their buddies, are absolutely crapping themselves over the EU's

Uncontrolled immigration has affected the have nots far more than those who are not one of the reasons why so many of them voted to leave.

The I'm alright Jack brigade who pack the remain camp simply ignored the poor as usual and looked at the rest of the world for their excuses although they forget the work permit requirements.

The Islington luvvies answer was to blame "the government" for not spending more despite our debt.

The reality for the have nots in this town is that for many your job, housing,healthcare and public services have in the main gone to EU citizens.

A stroll around our town centre exhibits this trend, further afield no pun intended our agriculture businesses and even our Pet Food manufacturing has a large contingent.

A lot of the migrants are diligent and hard working but they don't bring housing, healthcare and other services with them and this puts pressure on limited services used by the have nots.

Spend more of someone else's money the luvvies cry, tax someone anyone.

The reality is we already pay enough and in the privacy of the polling booths that's what so many people think.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by local View Post
    Uncontrolled immigration has affected the have nots far more than those who are not one of the reasons why so many of them voted to leave.

The I'm alright Jack brigade who pack the remain camp simply ignored the poor as usual and looked at the rest of the world for their excuses although they forget the work permit requirements.

The Islington luvvies answer was to blame "the government" for not spending more despite our debt.

The reality for the have nots in this town is that for many your job, housing,healthcare and public services have in the main gone to EU citizens.

A stroll around our town centre exhibits this trend, further afield no pun intended our agriculture businesses and even our Pet Food manufacturing has a large contingent.

A lot of the migrants are diligent and hard working but they don't bring housing, healthcare and other services with them and this puts pressure on limited services used by the have nots.

Spend more of someone else's money the luvvies cry, tax someone anyone.

The reality is we already pay enough and in the privacy of the polling booths that's what so many people think.
    The biggest beneficiaries of cheap labour are the tax dodging multi corporations.

And you say we already pay enough. We might they don't!

Likes / Dislikes

When 'said' wrote:

Housing/Accommodation
    School places -overcrowded and often siblings at different schools not in reasonable walking distance.

Rationing of state funded services particularly the nhs and Legal Aid.

I have told you the Law I wish to change is 'Free Movement' of European peoples.The system is abused and disadvantages the poorest people in the UK.

Likes / Dislikes
    So our government screwed up, not the EU?
    What was an opposition MP doing making Government Financial decisions?

"Richard Howitt, a Labour MEP who helped negotiate the new fund, accused ....

.........................The department for work and pensions said that Britain has not lost any money because the £22m would have come out of the UK's EU structural fund pot. It said that ministers have not decided how to allocate the £2.9m earmarked for Britain from the fund, though this is expected to be spent on helping unemployed people find work.

A DWP spokesperson said: "We aren't losing money – any funding the UK receives from the Fund for European Aid to the Most Deprived will be taken off our structural fund allocation. Instead we will use our structural funds to support local initiatives to train and support disadvantaged people into work. We have not yet decided how the €3.5m euro pot (£2.9m) will be spent – food aid is just one of the options for spending the money."he government of neglecting the needs of the poor."

FirstFirst ... ... LastLast
Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK /
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in UK
Replacement Stove Glass in UK
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
UKUK News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)
UK MasksUK Face MasksUK KN95 MasksUK Disposable MasksUK Hand SanitiserUK Hand SanitizerUK PPEUK Bathroom SuppliesUK Cheap BathroomsUK Discount BathroomsUK Bathroom SalesUK Bathroom SuitesUK Bathroom TapsUK Basin TapsUK Bath TapsUK Kitchen TapsUK Free Standing Bath TapsUK Bath Mixer TapUK Bidet TapsUK Shower EnclosuresUK Bi Fold Shower DoorsUK Corner ShowersUK Pivot Shower DoorsUK Sliding Shower DoorsUK Shower Side PanelsUK Quadrant ShowersUK Shower TraysUK Wet-RoomsUK Bathroom ShowersUK Showers ValvesUK Showers RailsUK Showers HeadsUK Showers ArmsUK Showers HandsetsUK Showers JetsUK Showers ElbowsUK Toilet SeatsUK ToiletsUK BasinsUK Basin WastesUK Combined Toilet BasinUK Bathroom FurnitureUK BathsUK L Shaped BathUK P Shaped BathUK Bath ScreensUK SanitarywareUK Combined Toilet BasinUK StovesUK Wood StovesUK Home StovesUK Cooker StovesUK Enamel StovesUK Designer StovesUK Contemporary StovesUK Multi Fuel StovesUK Car ServicingUK MOTgUK TyresUK Car BatteryUK ExhaustUK Journalist JobsUK Reporter JobsUK Writing JobsUK Freelance WriterUK Self Employed JobsUK Franchise BusinessUK Franchise OpportunitiesUK Car InsuranceUK Cheap Car InsuranceUK Car Insurance BrokersUK Driving SchoolsUK Driving LessonsUK Driving TestUK Driving Theory TestUK Driving Instruction, 0000 UK Driving Instructor, 0000 UK VouchersUK DealsUK MatalanUK Railway SleepersUK Reclaimed SleepersUK New SleepersUK CoalUK House CoalUK Household CoalUK Smokeless CoalUK Smokeless FuelUK Coal BagsUK FirewoodUK Fire WoodUK Kiln Dried HardwoodUK Kiln Dried LogsUK Logs For SaleUK Log SuppliesUK LogsUK Firewood LogsUK Seasoned LogsUK Hardwood LogsUK Firewood SuppliersUK Firewood Log SuppliersUK Firewood Dumpy BagsUK Firewood CratesUK Cheap FirewoodUK Homefire LogsUK Cheap Firewood LogsUK Kindle ConesUK Pizza Oven LogsUK Heating OilUK Home Heating OilUK Red DieselUK White DieselUK KereseneUK Commercial FuelsUK Calor GasUK Propane GasUK Butane GasUK Heating GasUK Horse TrainingUK Horse TrainerUK Horse WhispererUK Equine WhispererUK Horse Whisperer Victoria SmithUK Rattan Garden FurnitureUK Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan SofaUK Rattan Dining SetUK Rattan DirectUK Cheap Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan Corner SofasUK Rattan Day BedsUK Rattan Sun LoungersUK Rattan Cube SetsUK Rattan Bistro SetsUK ChimeneasUK FirepitsUK Patio HeatersUK Hygiene VendingUK Washroom VendingUK Air FreshenersUK Air CareUK Aerosol SystemsUK Gel SystemsUK Water SavingUK Urinal Water SavingUK Eco CapsUK SensaflushUK Water ManagementUK Urinal DosingUK Urinal V ScreensUK Legionella Risk AssessmentUK Legionella Risk TestingUK Legionaires Risk AssessmentUK Legionella BacteriaUK Legionaires BacteriaUK Legionella ComplianceUK Legionella AdviceUK Legionella Landlords AdviceUK Legionella TestingUK Legionella CheckUK Legionella RegulationsUK Legionella Risk Assessment For LandlordsUK Legionella Water TestingUK Legionella QuoteUK Fire Stove GlassUK Heat Resistant GlassUK Fire GlassUK Stove GlassUK Fire Resistant GlassUK Replacement Stove GlassUK Glass For StovesUK Dust MatsUK Entrance MatsUK Reception MatsUK Anti Fatigue MatsUK Floor MatsUK Logo MatsUK London Washroom ServicesUK London Sanitary BinsUK London Shredding ServicesUK London Trade Waste DisposalUK London Legionella TestingUK London Clinical WasteUK Washroom ServicesUK Principal WashroomsUK Washrooms SuppliesUK Washrooms SolutionsUK Sanitary DisposalUK Sanitary BinsUK Sani BinsUK Lady BinsUK Feminine Hygiene UnitsUK Sanitary Waste DisposalUK Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Waste BinUK Sanitary Waste BinsUK Sanitary UnitsUK Feminine UnitsUK Hygiene ServicesUK Sanitary Bin SupplierUK Sanitary Bin RentalUK Sanitary Bin Rental ServicesUK Sanitary BinUK SanitarybinUK Feminine Hygiene BinsUK Female Santary BinUK Sani binUK Sani binsUK Sanibin RentalUK Sanitary BoxUK Sanitary BoxesUK Sanitary Bin QuoteUK Sanitary Bin PriceUK Sanitary Bin CostUK Sanitary Disposal QuoteUK Sanitary Disposal PriceUK Sanitary Disposal CostUK Free Duty of CareUK Tampon BinUK Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Tampon BinUK Sanitary Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Towel BinUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Feminine WasteUK Feminine Hygiene WasteUK Sanitary Waste RegulationsUK Sanitary Waste LawUK Sanitary Bins LawUK Sanitary Bins For Small BusinessUK Sanitary Bin Service CostUK Sanitary Bin Collection CostUK Disposal of Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Sanitary Towel DisposalUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK Biomass WasteUK Metal WasteUK Paper ShreddingUK Local ShreddingUK Secure ShreddingUK Confidential ShreddingUK Document DestructionUK Confidential WasteUK Confidential Waste ServiceUK Confidential Waste ServicesUK Confidential Waste ShreddingUK Confidential Waste DisposalUK Confidential Waste DestructionUK On Site ShreddingUK Off Site ShreddingUK One Off ShreddingUK Contract ShreddingUK GDPR ShreddingUK ShreddingUK Document ShreddingUK Shredding ServicesUK Mobile ShreddingUK Dental WasteUK Dental Waste DisposalUK Dental Waste LegislationUK Dental Waste ComplianceUK Accupuncture WasteUK Accupuncture Waste DisposalUK Accupuncture Waste CollectionAccupuncture Waste in UKAccupuncture Waste Disposal in UKAccupuncture Waste Collection in UKUK Acupuncture WasteUK Acupuncture Waste DisposalUK Acupuncture Waste CollectionUK Acupuncture Waste ServiceUK Acupuncture Clinical WasteUK Acupuncture SharpsUK Acupuncture NeedlesUK Beauty Salon Clincical WasteUK Beauty Salon MicrobladingUK Beauty Salon NeedlesUK Beauty Salon SharpsUK Tattoo WasteUK Tattoo Waste DisposalTattoo Waste in UKTattoo Waste Disposal in UKTattoo Waste Collection in UKTattoo Waste Compliance in UKTattoo Waste Services in UKTattoo Clinical Waste in UKTattoo Sharps in UKTattoo Needles in UKUK Sharps BinUK Sharps BinsUK Sharps CollectionUK Sharps DisposalUK Hazardous SharpsUK Non Hazardous SharpsUK Cytotoxic SharpsUK Cytostatic SharpsUK Ink BlockUK Wet_WasteUK Tattoo InkUK Drug DestructionUK Drug DisposalUK Drug DenaturingUK Unwanted DrugsUK Out Of Date DrugsUK Pest ControlUK Rodent ControlUK Bird ControlUK Bird ProofingUK Guano ControlUK Pest Call OutUK Pest PreventionUK Pest DeterrentUK Nursery WasteUK Nappy WasteUK Nappy BinUK Nappy BinsUK Nappy DisposalUK Nappy Wheelie BinUK Nursery Waste DisposalUK Nursery Waste CollectionUK Nappy Waste RegulationsUK Commercial Nappy WasteUK Nappy Disposal BinUK Nappy Waste CollectionUK Incontinence PadsUK Offensive WasteUK Human WasteUK Nursing Home WasteUK Care Home WasteUK Hazardous WasteUK Infectous WasteUK Pharmaceutical WasteUK Medicinal WasteUK Medicine WasteUK Infection ControlUK Hand SanitisersUK Clinical WasteUK Clinical Waste RemovalUK Clinical Waste CollectionUK Clinical Waste RegulationsUK Clinical Waste DisposalUK Clinical Waste ManagementUK Clinical Waste PolicyUK EA RegistrationSell my scrap van in UKWashroom Services in TarletonSanitary bins quoteGarden Services in SouthportGarden Services in OrmskirkGarden Services in FormybGarden Services in TarletonUK Path GravelUK Path GravelsUK GravelUK GravelsUK Garden Path GravelUK Decorative GravelsUK Cotswold GravelUK Bulk AggregatesUK Mass AggregatesUK Aggregates SuppliersUK Aggregate SuppliersUK Bulk Bags AggregatesUK Bulk BagsUK Mot Type 1UK Mot Type 2UK Top SoilUK Building SandUK Grit SandUK Fine SandUK Play SandUK Top Dressing SandUK Silica SandUK Mersey SandUK Kiln Dried SandUK Plastering SandUK Crusher RunUK DustUK BallestUK HardcoreUK GritUK Horticultural GritUK Alpine GritUK LimestoneUK GraniteUK Cotswold ChippingsUK Golden FlintUK MoonstoneUK Pea GravelUK Cheshire PinkUK Yorkshire CreamUK Derbyshire Peak StoneUK Green BallastUK Autumn GoldUK Pink GravelUK Blue SlateUK Plum SlateUK Grey SlateUK Welsh SlateUK Play BarkUK Chip BarkUK Christmas TreesUK Xmas TreesUK Artificial TreeUK Christmas Decorations