UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
FirstFirst ... LastLast
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Toodles McGinty View Post
    You couldn't elbow your way past the cast of 'Last of the Summer Wine'?
    I didn't want to laugh at that...but I couldn't help myself! .

2. Likes Toodles McGinty liked this post

3. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by seivad View Post
    Too much information, too difficult to read with too few paragraphs, and probably very little to do with what I was talking about.
    I was happy to laugh at that...and I did! .

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by said View Post
    The Floral hall was packed! Not just with the elderly - there were several races of people...
    This also amused me .

Likes / Dislikes
    You have confused the existing arrangement to that which will occur if we remain in the EU.
    The existing arrangement is what will occur if we remain. We are members of the EU until whichever date comes up next. Nothing changes. We maintain the status quo.

...when there was no discrimination against normal white people,
    And there we go. That's what it's all about. Finally, one of you has had the guts to actually come out with it.

The point really is - where would the UK be in the future if we stayed in the EU? It is not a nice place! The EU is showing cracks at the seams already - if it cannot accept a change now, imagine what a real crisis would do to it.
    You can't reform it from the outside. You're being taken in by populists and demagogues. How can you not see it? The Farages, the Trumps, the Obans, the Salvinis. All far-right millionaires. Helped by useful idiots like Tommy Robinson. All demonising certain groups to manipulate you. Immigrants, the EU, anyone who isn't a 'normal white' person.

Sample of Farage's speech: 'parts of Britain are becoming like a foreign land'. 'Get Brexit done or die'. ' "We are not in a position to take them in", 'Taking the fight to the enemy', 'controlled by any foreign nation. France to the French, England to the English, America to the Americans, and Germany to the Germans', ' "we have gone mad, we opened the doors to much of the world but in particular we opened up the doors to communist countries', 'Today we know that there would probably not be any
    Europe left', 'there are other very powerful foreign lobbies in the United States of America, and the Jewish lobby is one of those strong voices”. Oh wait. Some of those aren't Farage. Can you guess which is Farage and which is Hitler?

He's playing on your fears. It happened in the 1930s. It's happening now. Angry (majority) old people who think they are finally getting a voice against these young idiots with their iphones and Youtube influencers.

Worst of all, you are crapping on the graves of all those heroes who fought against a rabble rousing, lying demagogue who demonised minorities to get to power.

Obviously you were not present at the Brexit Party meeting tonight? The Floral hall was packed! Not just with the elderly - there were several races of people, many graduates and many professionals. They are all angry - but very restrained, over those who really do not understand.
    I wasn't present, but I saw the queue of people waiting to get in. 90% male, 99% over 60s, 99.9% white. I'm saying 99.9% white as I'll take your word for it that there was the odd token BAME person in there. There's always an Uncle Tom to be found. A Kwarteng, Javid or Cleverley.

In Hartlepool, Labour must be very disappointed -
    "Hardworking local councillors have organised and put country before party so they can defend democracy.."
    That's several times you've mentioned Hartlepool. I take in the Nodding Frog went into detail about it tonight. How easily you're moved to such fervour by a few well chosen words.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by joan ofarc View Post
    You can twist your interpretation any way you like but it doesn't alter the fact that a vote result should be honoured.
    I blame all of whatever party who have fudged up this unholy mess and now use the mantle of democracy's defenders to justify their own self-serving aims.
    Whenever the next election is I will be hard-pressed to know who to vote for and have even considered not voting at all after a lifetime of using my vote diligently. I even voted in those stupid police commissioner elections so I am a committed voter. I can't abide any of the numpties in charge of any party at the moment but I have particular animus towards those who cannot or will not see the constitutional ramifications of blocking brexit, which is what all this no-deal cr*p is really about.
    OK, honour the 1975 referendum.

Likes / Dislikes
    Obviously you were not present at the Brexit Party meeting tonight? The Floral hall was packed! Not just with the elderly - there were several races of people, many graduates and many professionals. They are all angry - but very restrained, over those who really do not understand.
    Assuming that the facility with the largest seating capacity was used (1,630) it's truly amazing that you were able to survey the attendees. It must have taken quite some time to ascertain their age, educational qualifications and occupation. Maybe they were angry because you caused a disruption running around with your clipboard and asking them questions.

How did you ascertain the "several races of people"? It must have been difficult in a town which has such a diverse population.

Likes / Dislikes
    The Brexit Party and the Conservatives have formed an alliance in Hartlepool today. Having now 13 councillors, it is the largest group in Hartlepool where 7 out of every ten people voted to Leave the EU. The Leave supporters are kicking back!
    Ah, yes, Hartlepool - The place where they thought a monkey was a French Spy!

10. Likes Toodles McGinty liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Alikado View Post
    Ah, yes, Hartlepool - The place where they thought a monkey was a French Spy!
    And there we go. That's what it's all about the sneering disdain you apply to any of your fellow citizens that you consider not worthy of having a vote Finally, one of you has had the guts to actually come out with it.

Likes / Dislikes
    OK, honour the 1975 referendum.
    I did. So did all the voters who wanted to leave in 1975.

Now there has been a new referendum and an EU elcetion that backed up the result. Shall we just keep having referenda until you get what you want?

Hypocritical AF.

Likes / Dislikes
    I did. So did all the voters who wanted to leave in 1975.

Now there has been a new referendum and an EU elcetion that backed up the result. Shall we just keep having referenda until you get what you want?

Hypocritical AF.
    No, the 1975 referendum voted overwhelmingly to Remain, why isn't that being respected?

Likes / Dislikes
    No, the 1975 referendum voted overwhelmingly to Remain, why isn't that being respected?
    Yes, I voted to remain. I don't remember all the voters who wanted to leave doing everything to overturn that result. I respected the vote and so did they. Clear enough for you?

If you are going to cling to the 1975 vote are you going to do the same for all elections since then? Sort of like freezing time eh! Ridiculous.

Likes / Dislikes
    Yes, I voted to remain. I don't remember all the voters who wanted to leave doing everything to overturn that result. I respected the vote and so did they. Clear enough for you?

If you are going to cling to the 1975 vote are you going to do the same for all elections since then? Sort of like freezing time eh! Ridiculous.
    But Brexit are shouting that the 2016 vote must be respected but circumstances have changed since then.
    Sort of like freezing time eh! Ridiculous.

Likes / Dislikes
    But Brexit are shouting that the 2016 vote must be respected but circumstances have changed since then.
    Sort of like freezing time eh! Ridiculous.
    Really. Is that the best you have got? Circumstances always change after a vote - that's what happens in real life. Just like after Labour win an election and then you find they don't implement half of their manifesto. Same for Tories, Liberal etc etc.
    In this case it's been three years since the vote. I tell you what.... when we have the next election let's apply the same principles. We won't have a change of government until 3 or 4 years have passed, than we'll say ''Oh, but things have changed, we need another election.'

Likes / Dislikes
    We won't have a change of government until 3 or 4 years have passed, than we'll say ''Oh, but things have changed, we need another election.'
    2015, 2017, 2019?

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Toodles McGinty View Post

The existing arrangement is what will occur if we remain. We are members of the EU until whichever date comes up next. Nothing changes. We maintain the status quo.

And there we go. That's what it's all about. Finally, one of you has had the guts to actually come out with it.

You can't reform it from the outside. You're being taken in by populists and demagogues. How can you not see it? The Farages, the Trumps, the Obans, the Salvinis. All far-right millionaires. Helped by useful idiots like Tommy Robinson. All demonising certain groups to manipulate you. Immigrants, the EU, anyone who isn't a 'normal white' person.

Sample of Farage's speech: 'parts of Britain are becoming like a foreign land'. 'Get Brexit done or die'. ' "We are not in a position to take them in", 'Taking the fight to the enemy', 'controlled by any foreign nation. France to the French, England to the English, America to the Americans, and Germany to the Germans', ' "we have gone mad, we opened the doors to much of the world but in particular we opened up the doors to communist countries', 'Today we know that there would probably not be any
    Europe left', 'there are other very powerful foreign lobbies in the United States of America, and the Jewish lobby is one of those strong voices”. Oh wait. Some of those aren't Farage. Can you guess which is Farage and which is Hitler?

He's playing on your fears. It happened in the 1930s. It's happening now. Angry (majority) old people who think they are finally getting a voice against these young idiots with their iphones and Youtube influencers.

Worst of all, you are crapping on the graves of all those heroes who fought against a rabble rousing, lying demagogue who demonised minorities to get to power.

I wasn't present, but I saw the queue of people waiting to get in. 90% male, 99% over 60s, 99.9% white. I'm saying 99.9% white as I'll take your word for it that there was the odd token BAME person in there. There's always an Uncle Tom to be found. A Kwarteng, Javid or Cleverley.

That's several times you've mentioned Hartlepool. I take in the Nodding Frog went into detail about it tonight. How easily you're moved to such fervour by a few well chosen words.

"...when there was no discrimination against normal white people,.."

Were not my words - but in a sense it is correct. If you are white, educated and suited to a particular field of work - you are less likely to be hired for employment because employers are under pressure to hire from minority groups - even if those groups do not have the experience.

This is not just for Brexit. It is happening in the USA as well. Americans are complaining that the American Dream is out the window now. All people want is to be able to afford a home, send children to college, have one holiday a year and to be able to pay bills! They find that they have to work longer and longer hours for less pay while the 1% wealthy people work fewer hours than previously and the unemployed do not work at all. There are no luxuries, no keeping up with the Jones's. It is a similar situation in the UK - that is what our parents had previously and we should expect no less! That is what the protests were about in France. Nothing to do with Brexit!

"Worst of all, you are crapping on the graves of all those heroes who fought against a rabble rousing, lying demagogue who demonised minorities to get to power. "

What did our ancestors fight for in the past two Wars?? They fought for FREEDOM of the UK, they fought for the people of the UK i.e King and Country! Who did they fight against? Germany! Who leads the EU? Who is encroaching on the UK's security services, education, taxes, NHS and people's lives? You are right! Those heroes are at the top of our respect list - we thank them for showing us the way, and we honour them by adhering to what they fought for! I cannot believe that you could even twist this scenario to suit the opposite intention.

How can you reform the EU from the inside? It has been attempted repeatedly by the UK, by Hungary, by Greece, by Ireland, by Poland etc., and just how far did they get? The EU is on a blind race to create an Empire, nothing will get in its way - or that is what it thought until Brexit!

You took an awful long time to study the long queue for the Floral Hall - I am surprised you were not arrested as a suspicious looking person! Actually you are wrong! Two of the speakers were nineteen year old Brexit Party members - no doubt, press ganged into joining the Brexit Party and forced to give speeches with guns to their heads, and they had their own young supporters with them - tied up with rope and being led by one of the leaders of the Brexit Party who was carrying a whip! Then there were those speakers who were in disguise - they had blackened their faces so that the party appeared to be neutrally biased, and my own friends who had come to the UK way back in the fifties from Ghana.

"
    Angry (majority) old people who think they are finally getting a voice against these young idiots with their iphones and Youtube influencers."

?Is that how you view the rebellious MP's then??

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK /
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in UK
Replacement Stove Glass in UK
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
UKUK News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)
UK MasksUK Face MasksUK KN95 MasksUK Disposable MasksUK Hand SanitiserUK Hand SanitizerUK PPEUK Bathroom SuppliesUK Cheap BathroomsUK Discount BathroomsUK Bathroom SalesUK Bathroom SuitesUK Bathroom TapsUK Basin TapsUK Bath TapsUK Kitchen TapsUK Free Standing Bath TapsUK Bath Mixer TapUK Bidet TapsUK Shower EnclosuresUK Bi Fold Shower DoorsUK Corner ShowersUK Pivot Shower DoorsUK Sliding Shower DoorsUK Shower Side PanelsUK Quadrant ShowersUK Shower TraysUK Wet-RoomsUK Bathroom ShowersUK Showers ValvesUK Showers RailsUK Showers HeadsUK Showers ArmsUK Showers HandsetsUK Showers JetsUK Showers ElbowsUK Toilet SeatsUK ToiletsUK BasinsUK Basin WastesUK Combined Toilet BasinUK Bathroom FurnitureUK BathsUK L Shaped BathUK P Shaped BathUK Bath ScreensUK SanitarywareUK Combined Toilet BasinUK StovesUK Wood StovesUK Home StovesUK Cooker StovesUK Enamel StovesUK Designer StovesUK Contemporary StovesUK Multi Fuel StovesUK Car ServicingUK MOTgUK TyresUK Car BatteryUK ExhaustUK Journalist JobsUK Reporter JobsUK Writing JobsUK Freelance WriterUK Self Employed JobsUK Franchise BusinessUK Franchise OpportunitiesUK Car InsuranceUK Cheap Car InsuranceUK Car Insurance BrokersUK Driving SchoolsUK Driving LessonsUK Driving TestUK Driving Theory TestUK Driving Instruction, 0000 UK Driving Instructor, 0000 UK VouchersUK DealsUK MatalanUK Railway SleepersUK Reclaimed SleepersUK New SleepersUK CoalUK House CoalUK Household CoalUK Smokeless CoalUK Smokeless FuelUK Coal BagsUK FirewoodUK Fire WoodUK Kiln Dried HardwoodUK Kiln Dried LogsUK Logs For SaleUK Log SuppliesUK LogsUK Firewood LogsUK Seasoned LogsUK Hardwood LogsUK Firewood SuppliersUK Firewood Log SuppliersUK Firewood Dumpy BagsUK Firewood CratesUK Cheap FirewoodUK Homefire LogsUK Cheap Firewood LogsUK Kindle ConesUK Pizza Oven LogsUK Heating OilUK Home Heating OilUK Red DieselUK White DieselUK KereseneUK Commercial FuelsUK Calor GasUK Propane GasUK Butane GasUK Heating GasUK Horse TrainingUK Horse TrainerUK Horse WhispererUK Equine WhispererUK Horse Whisperer Victoria SmithUK Rattan Garden FurnitureUK Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan SofaUK Rattan Dining SetUK Rattan DirectUK Cheap Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan Corner SofasUK Rattan Day BedsUK Rattan Sun LoungersUK Rattan Cube SetsUK Rattan Bistro SetsUK ChimeneasUK FirepitsUK Patio HeatersUK Hygiene VendingUK Washroom VendingUK Air FreshenersUK Air CareUK Aerosol SystemsUK Gel SystemsUK Water SavingUK Urinal Water SavingUK Eco CapsUK SensaflushUK Water ManagementUK Urinal DosingUK Urinal V ScreensUK Legionella Risk AssessmentUK Legionella Risk TestingUK Legionaires Risk AssessmentUK Legionella BacteriaUK Legionaires BacteriaUK Legionella ComplianceUK Legionella AdviceUK Legionella Landlords AdviceUK Legionella TestingUK Legionella CheckUK Legionella RegulationsUK Legionella Risk Assessment For LandlordsUK Legionella Water TestingUK Legionella QuoteUK Fire Stove GlassUK Heat Resistant GlassUK Fire GlassUK Stove GlassUK Fire Resistant GlassUK Replacement Stove GlassUK Glass For StovesUK Dust MatsUK Entrance MatsUK Reception MatsUK Anti Fatigue MatsUK Floor MatsUK Logo MatsUK London Washroom ServicesUK London Sanitary BinsUK London Shredding ServicesUK London Trade Waste DisposalUK London Legionella TestingUK London Clinical WasteUK Washroom ServicesUK Principal WashroomsUK Washrooms SuppliesUK Washrooms SolutionsUK Sanitary DisposalUK Sanitary BinsUK Sani BinsUK Lady BinsUK Feminine Hygiene UnitsUK Sanitary Waste DisposalUK Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Waste BinUK Sanitary Waste BinsUK Sanitary UnitsUK Feminine UnitsUK Hygiene ServicesUK Sanitary Bin SupplierUK Sanitary Bin RentalUK Sanitary Bin Rental ServicesUK Sanitary BinUK SanitarybinUK Feminine Hygiene BinsUK Female Santary BinUK Sani binUK Sani binsUK Sanibin RentalUK Sanitary BoxUK Sanitary BoxesUK Sanitary Bin QuoteUK Sanitary Bin PriceUK Sanitary Bin CostUK Sanitary Disposal QuoteUK Sanitary Disposal PriceUK Sanitary Disposal CostUK Free Duty of CareUK Tampon BinUK Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Tampon BinUK Sanitary Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Towel BinUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Feminine WasteUK Feminine Hygiene WasteUK Sanitary Waste RegulationsUK Sanitary Waste LawUK Sanitary Bins LawUK Sanitary Bins For Small BusinessUK Sanitary Bin Service CostUK Sanitary Bin Collection CostUK Disposal of Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Sanitary Towel DisposalUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK Biomass WasteUK Metal WasteUK Paper ShreddingUK Local ShreddingUK Secure ShreddingUK Confidential ShreddingUK Document DestructionUK Confidential WasteUK Confidential Waste ServiceUK Confidential Waste ServicesUK Confidential Waste ShreddingUK Confidential Waste DisposalUK Confidential Waste DestructionUK On Site ShreddingUK Off Site ShreddingUK One Off ShreddingUK Contract ShreddingUK GDPR ShreddingUK ShreddingUK Document ShreddingUK Shredding ServicesUK Mobile ShreddingUK Dental WasteUK Dental Waste DisposalUK Dental Waste LegislationUK Dental Waste ComplianceUK Accupuncture WasteUK Accupuncture Waste DisposalUK Accupuncture Waste CollectionAccupuncture Waste in UKAccupuncture Waste Disposal in UKAccupuncture Waste Collection in UKUK Acupuncture WasteUK Acupuncture Waste DisposalUK Acupuncture Waste CollectionUK Acupuncture Waste ServiceUK Acupuncture Clinical WasteUK Acupuncture SharpsUK Acupuncture NeedlesUK Beauty Salon Clincical WasteUK Beauty Salon MicrobladingUK Beauty Salon NeedlesUK Beauty Salon SharpsUK Tattoo WasteUK Tattoo Waste DisposalTattoo Waste in UKTattoo Waste Disposal in UKTattoo Waste Collection in UKTattoo Waste Compliance in UKTattoo Waste Services in UKTattoo Clinical Waste in UKTattoo Sharps in UKTattoo Needles in UKUK Sharps BinUK Sharps BinsUK Sharps CollectionUK Sharps DisposalUK Hazardous SharpsUK Non Hazardous SharpsUK Cytotoxic SharpsUK Cytostatic SharpsUK Ink BlockUK Wet_WasteUK Tattoo InkUK Drug DestructionUK Drug DisposalUK Drug DenaturingUK Unwanted DrugsUK Out Of Date DrugsUK Pest ControlUK Rodent ControlUK Bird ControlUK Bird ProofingUK Guano ControlUK Pest Call OutUK Pest PreventionUK Pest DeterrentUK Nursery WasteUK Nappy WasteUK Nappy BinUK Nappy BinsUK Nappy DisposalUK Nappy Wheelie BinUK Nursery Waste DisposalUK Nursery Waste CollectionUK Nappy Waste RegulationsUK Commercial Nappy WasteUK Nappy Disposal BinUK Nappy Waste CollectionUK Incontinence PadsUK Offensive WasteUK Human WasteUK Nursing Home WasteUK Care Home WasteUK Hazardous WasteUK Infectous WasteUK Pharmaceutical WasteUK Medicinal WasteUK Medicine WasteUK Infection ControlUK Hand SanitisersUK Clinical WasteUK Clinical Waste RemovalUK Clinical Waste CollectionUK Clinical Waste RegulationsUK Clinical Waste DisposalUK Clinical Waste ManagementUK Clinical Waste PolicyUK EA RegistrationSell my scrap van in UKWashroom Services in TarletonSanitary bins quoteGarden Services in SouthportGarden Services in OrmskirkGarden Services in FormybGarden Services in TarletonUK Path GravelUK Path GravelsUK GravelUK GravelsUK Garden Path GravelUK Decorative GravelsUK Cotswold GravelUK Bulk AggregatesUK Mass AggregatesUK Aggregates SuppliersUK Aggregate SuppliersUK Bulk Bags AggregatesUK Bulk BagsUK Mot Type 1UK Mot Type 2UK Top SoilUK Building SandUK Grit SandUK Fine SandUK Play SandUK Top Dressing SandUK Silica SandUK Mersey SandUK Kiln Dried SandUK Plastering SandUK Crusher RunUK DustUK BallestUK HardcoreUK GritUK Horticultural GritUK Alpine GritUK LimestoneUK GraniteUK Cotswold ChippingsUK Golden FlintUK MoonstoneUK Pea GravelUK Cheshire PinkUK Yorkshire CreamUK Derbyshire Peak StoneUK Green BallastUK Autumn GoldUK Pink GravelUK Blue SlateUK Plum SlateUK Grey SlateUK Welsh SlateUK Play BarkUK Chip BarkUK Christmas TreesUK Xmas TreesUK Artificial TreeUK Christmas Decorations