UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
FirstFirst 1 ... LastLast
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by local View Post
    I don't know who helped but you think having a greater number of suppliers of oranges all competing for sales will lead to,
    wages going up ?
    inflation going up ?
    and mortgages to ?

makes me suspect you didn't look for the sharpest pencil in the box.

There is also the variable that people might just go and eat other fruits.

Methinks you didn't get very good help.
    You'll be glad to hear that the UK's interim tariff schedule allows oranges from any country to enter the UK duty free. Fresh or dried bananas, on the other hand, will attract a tariff of £101 per tonne (same as the EU tariff)

On the veggie front, stay away from fresh or chilled green beans. You'll be paying an effective ad valorem rate of 11% on them. I'm guessing that British farmers need tariffs to protect their own market share. That's bound to happen post Brexit.

The interim tariffs are just that, interim. When the effects on the economy of allowing around 90% of goods to enter Britain tariff free, they will be reevaluated and revised. Until that point, May estimated within 12 months, it's impossible to make an accurate assessment of the consequences.

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by seivad View Post
    You'll be glad to hear that the UK's interim tariff schedule allows oranges from any country to enter the UK duty free. Fresh or dried bananas, on the other hand, will attract a tariff of £101 per tonne (same as the EU tariff)

On the veggie front, stay away from fresh or chilled green beans. You'll be paying an effective ad valorem rate of 11% on them. I'm guessing that British farmers need tariffs to protect their own market share. That's bound to happen post Brexit.

The interim tariffs are just that, interim. When the effects on the economy of allowing around 90% of goods to enter Britain tariff free, they will be reevaluated and revised. Until that point, May estimated within 12 months, it's impossible to make an accurate assessment of the consequences.

Our resident economist has worked out that we are all doomed just with the oranges so the packets of green beans we get from Kenya will only be available on the black market .
    As with all these things get the politicians out of the way.

Likes / Dislikes
    Our resident economist has worked out that we are all doomed just with the oranges so the packets of green beans we get from Kenya will only be available on the black market .
    If I were you I would reserve sneering until you actually leave without a deal. Until that time you can't possibly ascertain what the short or long term consequences will be.

I say without a deal, as I believe that with a withdrawal deal and a sheltered transition period, the road will be far less bumpy. And I'm sure that's also your preferred scenario.

Likes / Dislikes

Presumably they get here from Kenya through an EU trade agreement.

So yet another item we'll have to sort out or go without. Or stay in the single market.

Such an abundance of choice.

Likes / Dislikes
    If I were you I would reserve sneering until you actually leave without a deal. Until that time you can't possibly ascertain what the short or long term consequences will be.

I say without a deal, as I believe that with a withdrawal deal and a sheltered transition period, the road will be far less bumpy. And I'm sure that's also your preferred scenario.

You are so one sided in your critique, if you had read through the thread with a little less of your obvious bias you might have made a valid point as it is you simply join the wall of remoaner noise.

Likes / Dislikes
    You are so one sided in your critique, if you had read through the thread with a little less of your obvious bias you might have made a valid point as it is you simply join the wall of remoaner noise.
    Says the person who responds with sarcasm when I gave you facts on the actual tariffs you will be paying on a couple of items. Plus the fact that the much maligned orange will be zero rated. Actual facts, not conjecture. Practice what you preach.

8. Likes AdmiralAckbar liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Says the person who responds with sarcasm when I gave you facts on the actual tariffs you will be paying on a couple of items. Plus the fact that the much maligned orange will be zero rated. Actual facts, not conjecture. Practice what you preach.

Oh so you mean this is nonsense after all

Prices go up, wages go up, inflation goes up, mortgages go up........

What a hoot.

Likes / Dislikes
    I love the idea that Farage's meeting was a debate!

He will in time be viewed as one of the most harmful figures in our history. Funded by opportunists, happy to lie copiously, prepared to recruit bigots and fools to support his ego.

Oh and by the way

A little while before the referendum when he thought he would lose, Frogmouth said we should not make big decisions based on a small majority, and even gave 52-48 as an example.

Hmm.

And now demands a Brexit which is not only NOT what was voted for, but which was specifically ruled out in the Leave campaign documentation and in comments made by him Johnson and Gove.

11. Likes Toodles McGinty liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by bensherman View Post
    I love the idea that Farage's meeting was a debate!

He will in time be viewed as one of the most harmful figures in our history. Funded by opportunists, happy to lie copiously, prepared to recruit bigots and fools to support his ego.

Oh and by the way

A little while before the referendum when he thought he would lose, Frogmouth said we should not make big decisions based on a small majority, and even gave 52-48 as an example.

Hmm.

And now demands a Brexit which is not only NOT what was voted for, but which was specifically ruled out in the Leave campaign documentation and in comments made by him Johnson and Gove.

I bet you play this often while looking in the mirror!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmuJ0us63GQ

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by said View Post
    I bet you play this often while looking in the mirror!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmuJ0us63GQ
    Farage did say that. So did Mogg.

Likes / Dislikes
    The lies?

The £350m a week story, developed by UKIP a full year earlier.

The accession of Turkey . Over 10 years away and can be vetoed

The EU Army. Can be vetoed.

The reports of dominance of EU regulation- disgracefully using the 7000 plus regulations for the single market and misleading people to think it was "changing our laws"

Lack of democracy in the EU. Not recognised by government-studying academics...indeed look at US in the last few months!

Leading people to think Brexit would reduce immigrants, publishing a poster with him standing in front of a line of "different hued" people.

And so on.

He figured it wouldn't take much to ignite the stupid and the bigoted . Seems he was right.

15. Likes Toodles McGinty, silver fox liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Oh so you mean this is nonsense after all

Prices go up, wages go up, inflation goes up, mortgages go up........

What a hoot.
    No, that’s not what I meant.

Prices will increase if tariffs are payable on imported products that were previously zero rated. By referring to the UK’s interim tariff schedule, it’s clear that the government has zero rated around 90% of British imports. That may change after Brexit when the impact on the economy and domestic producers can be properly evaluated. If domestic producers are being undercut and losing market share to cheaper foreign imports, domestic producers will demand tariffs on imports to level the playing field.

However tariffs are not the only component of anticipated price increases. As you must have seen, the market and currency plummets every time a no deal Brexit becomes a distinct possibility.

As the pound decreases, so does its buying power in foreign markets. British buyers can’t absorb the extra cost due to a depreciated pound. The cost will be passed on to their buyer. If the foreign imports are finished goods, the cost is passed on at the retail level. If they’re inputs used in manufacturing, the cost will be passed on to the buyer of their finished product.

The next consequence of both tariffs and a depreciated exchange rate, leading to an increase in the cost of buying foreign goods, is inflation. Central bank’s standard reaction to curb inflation is to increase interest rates. Increased interest rates mean higher mortgages and borrowing costs.

Regarding wages, it’s the old supply and demand story. Right now wages have increased due to a skill shortage. There's also a vacuum to be filled due to EU workers who have left Britain. I have no idea what the future will bring. But if wages continue to increase, so will inflation.

Please don't respond with your usual " remoaner, bias etc. etc." nonsense. If people take the time to give you a reasonable informed response, try to be civil.

Likes / Dislikes
    No, that’s not what I meant.

Prices will increase if tariffs are payable on imported products that were previously zero rated. By referring to the UK’s interim tariff schedule, it’s clear that the government has zero rated around 90% of British imports. That may change after Brexit when the impact on the economy and domestic producers can be properly evaluated. If domestic producers are being undercut and losing market share to cheaper foreign imports, domestic producers will demand tariffs on imports to level the playing field.

However tariffs are not the only component of anticipated price increases. As you must have seen, the market and currency plummets every time a no deal Brexit becomes a distinct possibility.

As the pound decreases, so does its buying power in foreign markets. British buyers can’t absorb the extra cost due to a depreciated pound. The cost will be passed on to their buyer. If the foreign imports are finished goods, the cost is passed on at the retail level. If they’re inputs used in manufacturing, the cost will be passed on to the buyer of their finished product.

The next consequence of both tariffs and a depreciated exchange rate, leading to an increase in the cost of buying foreign goods, is inflation. Central bank’s standard reaction to curb inflation is to increase interest rates. Increased interest rates mean higher mortgages and borrowing costs.

Regarding wages, it’s the old supply and demand story. Right now wages have increased due to a skill shortage. There's also a vacuum to be filled due to EU workers who have left Britain. I have no idea what the future will bring. But if wages continue to increase, so will inflation.

Please don't respond with your usual " remoaner, bias etc. etc." nonsense. If people take the time to give you a reasonable informed response, try to be civil.
    Tariffs have to be imposed or there is nothing to negotiate with for a trade deal.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Alikado View Post
    Tariffs have to be imposed or there is nothing to negotiate with for a trade deal.
    Absolutely, I've said that many times on the forum.

It's already been evidenced in Canada. Because of this, our government has put negotiations on hold. Tariff free access to the UK market, while Canada does not have to give reciprocal concessions to access the Canadian market, is not exactly an incentive to make a trade deal. Countries who have been reluctant to come to the table thus far are probably thinking exactly the same thing.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Alikado View Post
    Don't go posting reality, it spoils the wet dream of leavers who seem to think that if we keep our own import tariffs low or zero, then the entire world will reciprocate and we can all join hands and skip along the yellow brick road to where the sun always shines and unicorns graze.

This has always been a problem particularly with Tories, one simple act and the country will be flooded with cheaper imports from everywhere, never seem to realise that in itself brings it's own penalties, like our own industry and growers collapsing, our exports fall or grind to a halt, then how do we then pay for even the cheapest imports? there needs to be a balance and we have done sod all in that direction.

20. Likes seivad, Toodles McGinty liked this post
Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK /
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in UK
Replacement Stove Glass in UK
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
UKUK News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)
UK MasksUK Face MasksUK KN95 MasksUK Disposable MasksUK Hand SanitiserUK Hand SanitizerUK PPEUK Bathroom SuppliesUK Cheap BathroomsUK Discount BathroomsUK Bathroom SalesUK Bathroom SuitesUK Bathroom TapsUK Basin TapsUK Bath TapsUK Kitchen TapsUK Free Standing Bath TapsUK Bath Mixer TapUK Bidet TapsUK Shower EnclosuresUK Bi Fold Shower DoorsUK Corner ShowersUK Pivot Shower DoorsUK Sliding Shower DoorsUK Shower Side PanelsUK Quadrant ShowersUK Shower TraysUK Wet-RoomsUK Bathroom ShowersUK Showers ValvesUK Showers RailsUK Showers HeadsUK Showers ArmsUK Showers HandsetsUK Showers JetsUK Showers ElbowsUK Toilet SeatsUK ToiletsUK BasinsUK Basin WastesUK Combined Toilet BasinUK Bathroom FurnitureUK BathsUK L Shaped BathUK P Shaped BathUK Bath ScreensUK SanitarywareUK Combined Toilet BasinUK StovesUK Wood StovesUK Home StovesUK Cooker StovesUK Enamel StovesUK Designer StovesUK Contemporary StovesUK Multi Fuel StovesUK Car ServicingUK MOTgUK TyresUK Car BatteryUK ExhaustUK Journalist JobsUK Reporter JobsUK Writing JobsUK Freelance WriterUK Self Employed JobsUK Franchise BusinessUK Franchise OpportunitiesUK Car InsuranceUK Cheap Car InsuranceUK Car Insurance BrokersUK Driving SchoolsUK Driving LessonsUK Driving TestUK Driving Theory TestUK Driving Instruction, 0000 UK Driving Instructor, 0000 UK VouchersUK DealsUK MatalanUK Railway SleepersUK Reclaimed SleepersUK New SleepersUK CoalUK House CoalUK Household CoalUK Smokeless CoalUK Smokeless FuelUK Coal BagsUK FirewoodUK Fire WoodUK Kiln Dried HardwoodUK Kiln Dried LogsUK Logs For SaleUK Log SuppliesUK LogsUK Firewood LogsUK Seasoned LogsUK Hardwood LogsUK Firewood SuppliersUK Firewood Log SuppliersUK Firewood Dumpy BagsUK Firewood CratesUK Cheap FirewoodUK Homefire LogsUK Cheap Firewood LogsUK Kindle ConesUK Pizza Oven LogsUK Heating OilUK Home Heating OilUK Red DieselUK White DieselUK KereseneUK Commercial FuelsUK Calor GasUK Propane GasUK Butane GasUK Heating GasUK Horse TrainingUK Horse TrainerUK Horse WhispererUK Equine WhispererUK Horse Whisperer Victoria SmithUK Rattan Garden FurnitureUK Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan SofaUK Rattan Dining SetUK Rattan DirectUK Cheap Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan Corner SofasUK Rattan Day BedsUK Rattan Sun LoungersUK Rattan Cube SetsUK Rattan Bistro SetsUK ChimeneasUK FirepitsUK Patio HeatersUK Hygiene VendingUK Washroom VendingUK Air FreshenersUK Air CareUK Aerosol SystemsUK Gel SystemsUK Water SavingUK Urinal Water SavingUK Eco CapsUK SensaflushUK Water ManagementUK Urinal DosingUK Urinal V ScreensUK Legionella Risk AssessmentUK Legionella Risk TestingUK Legionaires Risk AssessmentUK Legionella BacteriaUK Legionaires BacteriaUK Legionella ComplianceUK Legionella AdviceUK Legionella Landlords AdviceUK Legionella TestingUK Legionella CheckUK Legionella RegulationsUK Legionella Risk Assessment For LandlordsUK Legionella Water TestingUK Legionella QuoteUK Fire Stove GlassUK Heat Resistant GlassUK Fire GlassUK Stove GlassUK Fire Resistant GlassUK Replacement Stove GlassUK Glass For StovesUK Dust MatsUK Entrance MatsUK Reception MatsUK Anti Fatigue MatsUK Floor MatsUK Logo MatsUK London Washroom ServicesUK London Sanitary BinsUK London Shredding ServicesUK London Trade Waste DisposalUK London Legionella TestingUK London Clinical WasteUK Washroom ServicesUK Principal WashroomsUK Washrooms SuppliesUK Washrooms SolutionsUK Sanitary DisposalUK Sanitary BinsUK Sani BinsUK Lady BinsUK Feminine Hygiene UnitsUK Sanitary Waste DisposalUK Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Waste BinUK Sanitary Waste BinsUK Sanitary UnitsUK Feminine UnitsUK Hygiene ServicesUK Sanitary Bin SupplierUK Sanitary Bin RentalUK Sanitary Bin Rental ServicesUK Sanitary BinUK SanitarybinUK Feminine Hygiene BinsUK Female Santary BinUK Sani binUK Sani binsUK Sanibin RentalUK Sanitary BoxUK Sanitary BoxesUK Sanitary Bin QuoteUK Sanitary Bin PriceUK Sanitary Bin CostUK Sanitary Disposal QuoteUK Sanitary Disposal PriceUK Sanitary Disposal CostUK Free Duty of CareUK Tampon BinUK Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Tampon BinUK Sanitary Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Towel BinUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Feminine WasteUK Feminine Hygiene WasteUK Sanitary Waste RegulationsUK Sanitary Waste LawUK Sanitary Bins LawUK Sanitary Bins For Small BusinessUK Sanitary Bin Service CostUK Sanitary Bin Collection CostUK Disposal of Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Sanitary Towel DisposalUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK Biomass WasteUK Metal WasteUK Paper ShreddingUK Local ShreddingUK Secure ShreddingUK Confidential ShreddingUK Document DestructionUK Confidential WasteUK Confidential Waste ServiceUK Confidential Waste ServicesUK Confidential Waste ShreddingUK Confidential Waste DisposalUK Confidential Waste DestructionUK On Site ShreddingUK Off Site ShreddingUK One Off ShreddingUK Contract ShreddingUK GDPR ShreddingUK ShreddingUK Document ShreddingUK Shredding ServicesUK Mobile ShreddingUK Dental WasteUK Dental Waste DisposalUK Dental Waste LegislationUK Dental Waste ComplianceUK Accupuncture WasteUK Accupuncture Waste DisposalUK Accupuncture Waste CollectionAccupuncture Waste in UKAccupuncture Waste Disposal in UKAccupuncture Waste Collection in UKUK Acupuncture WasteUK Acupuncture Waste DisposalUK Acupuncture Waste CollectionUK Acupuncture Waste ServiceUK Acupuncture Clinical WasteUK Acupuncture SharpsUK Acupuncture NeedlesUK Beauty Salon Clincical WasteUK Beauty Salon MicrobladingUK Beauty Salon NeedlesUK Beauty Salon SharpsUK Tattoo WasteUK Tattoo Waste DisposalTattoo Waste in UKTattoo Waste Disposal in UKTattoo Waste Collection in UKTattoo Waste Compliance in UKTattoo Waste Services in UKTattoo Clinical Waste in UKTattoo Sharps in UKTattoo Needles in UKUK Sharps BinUK Sharps BinsUK Sharps CollectionUK Sharps DisposalUK Hazardous SharpsUK Non Hazardous SharpsUK Cytotoxic SharpsUK Cytostatic SharpsUK Ink BlockUK Wet_WasteUK Tattoo InkUK Drug DestructionUK Drug DisposalUK Drug DenaturingUK Unwanted DrugsUK Out Of Date DrugsUK Pest ControlUK Rodent ControlUK Bird ControlUK Bird ProofingUK Guano ControlUK Pest Call OutUK Pest PreventionUK Pest DeterrentUK Nursery WasteUK Nappy WasteUK Nappy BinUK Nappy BinsUK Nappy DisposalUK Nappy Wheelie BinUK Nursery Waste DisposalUK Nursery Waste CollectionUK Nappy Waste RegulationsUK Commercial Nappy WasteUK Nappy Disposal BinUK Nappy Waste CollectionUK Incontinence PadsUK Offensive WasteUK Human WasteUK Nursing Home WasteUK Care Home WasteUK Hazardous WasteUK Infectous WasteUK Pharmaceutical WasteUK Medicinal WasteUK Medicine WasteUK Infection ControlUK Hand SanitisersUK Clinical WasteUK Clinical Waste RemovalUK Clinical Waste CollectionUK Clinical Waste RegulationsUK Clinical Waste DisposalUK Clinical Waste ManagementUK Clinical Waste PolicyUK EA RegistrationSell my scrap van in UKWashroom Services in TarletonSanitary bins quoteGarden Services in SouthportGarden Services in OrmskirkGarden Services in FormybGarden Services in TarletonUK Path GravelUK Path GravelsUK GravelUK GravelsUK Garden Path GravelUK Decorative GravelsUK Cotswold GravelUK Bulk AggregatesUK Mass AggregatesUK Aggregates SuppliersUK Aggregate SuppliersUK Bulk Bags AggregatesUK Bulk BagsUK Mot Type 1UK Mot Type 2UK Top SoilUK Building SandUK Grit SandUK Fine SandUK Play SandUK Top Dressing SandUK Silica SandUK Mersey SandUK Kiln Dried SandUK Plastering SandUK Crusher RunUK DustUK BallestUK HardcoreUK GritUK Horticultural GritUK Alpine GritUK LimestoneUK GraniteUK Cotswold ChippingsUK Golden FlintUK MoonstoneUK Pea GravelUK Cheshire PinkUK Yorkshire CreamUK Derbyshire Peak StoneUK Green BallastUK Autumn GoldUK Pink GravelUK Blue SlateUK Plum SlateUK Grey SlateUK Welsh SlateUK Play BarkUK Chip BarkUK Christmas TreesUK Xmas TreesUK Artificial TreeUK Christmas Decorations