UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
FirstFirst ... ... LastLast

Thread: Cancel Brexit ?

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2STEPS-IN-FRONT View Post
    Wasn't the decision made by labour and blare back in 2004 ? (A decision made by UK government ? Nothing to do with Brussels ?
    Did you say Blare?
    Age is simply a matter of mind - age doesn't matter if you don't mind

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek H View Post
    Did you say Blare?
    I meant Blair

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by local View Post
    Do you know why the plant is under threat ?
    Nissan say a 10% tariff on product movements would make their business model here unviable.

STOP BREXIT!
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by The PNP View Post
    Nissan say a 10% tariff on product movements would make their business model here unviable.

STOP BREXIT!
    Do you know the real reasons ?

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by local View Post
    Do you know the real reasons ?
    Oh go on, tell us I'm on the edge of my seat here....

7. Likes The PNP liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by bambi275 View Post
    The EU is totally outdated, farcical and keen to look after its own interests.
    An audit has just been released, btw auditing of MEPs is done by MEPs - not an independent body as happens with most businesses, and it was discovered that the EU cannot account for £4.6bn that is up £0.2bn on the previous year.
    Let's just let that sink in £9bn has been lost/unaccounted for in just 2 years and not one of those overpaid MEPs have to account for that to anyone.
    Today the EU have been in talks with Bercow of all people on how to put a block on Brexit'. For a start Bercow should not be sticking his nose in as his job requires impartiality but secondly the EU should not be entertaining him and instead should be seeking a resolution. Why would you wish to stay in an institution that has no intention of ever letting you leave??
    The private pension pots alone account for £355m while people here are having to work longer, many have lost their pensions & women born in the 50's will see very little of theirs having budgeted for years to be retiring earlier. Kind of grates a little.
    Do you want me to go on?
    Whole in theory open borders across the whole world would be fantastic but in reality it just doesn't work.
    In 2019 Britain is home to modern slavery! There is people trafficking happening right under our noses! People are brought here, they have their personal documents taken from them,they work all hours and have their wages taken and are left with a tiny bit of pocket money and they live in fear of the people who traffic them. They are subject to living in HMO's by fraudulent 'landlords' who in turn dupe the actual landlord by pretending to be a nice sweet family wishing to rent but then they carve up the house, take in £1000s per month and don't even pay the actual landlord!
    Most of these traffickers are of Eastern European descent, fact not fiction, they come here because it is so easy and people are duped into coming here with offers of jobs, free healthcare, benefits etc then they become trapped. C'mon, modern day slavery?? You think that is a good thing??
    That could have been copied straight from the Daily Mail view of Europe. Or Farage's Big Book of Euro-lies. Your source is a Twitter feed from a Brexit Party MEP? Then you complain about wasting EU money without a hint of irony. A good balanced view, then.

Most of those problems have absolutely nothing to do with the EU. They are down to our government. Slavery will not end with our exit from Europe. Are the traffickers going to just go 'OK lads, the game's up, let's go sell people elsewhere'?

But what will happen is that we'll lose thousands, if not millions of decent, hard working people. From the NHS, from trades, from agriculture, from care homes. Bizarrely, the category of workers that will be needed most by elderly Brexiteers.

And Bercow spoke with his counterpart in the EU parliament. What is so wrong with that. Have you never spoken to your counterparts in whatever job you've had? He's out at the end of this month. What on earth does that have to do with anything? How can he 'put a block on Brexit'? That just smacks of paranoia to me. Bercow has nothing to do with Brexit, he can only ensure that Parliament plays by the rules. Which he has done.

As for money lost, £9bn in two years doesn't really compare with the £76bn that this whole farce has cost us to date. Let that sink in. £76 billion quid. How many hospitals is that? Schools? Or in Daily Mail terms, an entire navy to keep those damned drowning benefit scrounging, yet taking all our jobs foreigners off our beaches.

9. Likes AdmiralAckbar liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    'Or maybe I'm just calling BS.'

Nail, head, hit etc.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by bambi275 View Post
    As we give £39bn to the EU EACH MONTH then £66bn we have lost over 3 months pales into insignificance.
    As for cuts to our services Inc border control then I'm not sure how this has helped modern day slavery continue to be. Those coming here are doing so legally, they have every right to be here and therefore would not be stopped even if we had more border control. And that is the problem, because we have a lenient attitude as to who comes here as part of deals brokered with the EU then we are less able to prevent people trafficking.
    I am well aware that we have decided our own rules as to what the pensionable age for women is. What I did write is that it is slightly galling that we as a country cannot afford to keep the status as it was for pensions whilst sitting watching MEPs cream off billions to their own private pension pots
    Try a recognised fact checker:

https://fullfact.org/europe/claim-ab...t-meaningless/

https://fullfact.org/europe/our-eu-m...ee-55-million/

Or a respected business body:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/frantis.../#76e435b56485

12. Likes The PNP liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Essentially their problems are much greater than anything here they are in a spin with falling sales and profits and are shedding jobs worldwide 12,500.

First quarter results for the 2019 financial year. In the three-month period running from April to June Nissan's net income was down 94.5% year-on-year, with sales down in several key markets.

Their ex boss Ghosn is up against the wall.

Nissan are not producing what the punter wants at a price they are prepared to pay.

Trying to offload problems onto Brexit issues is a convenient excuse for poorly performing companies.

In contrast Jaguar July 2019,

The future of mobility is electric and, as a visionary British company, we are committed to making our next generation of zero-emission vehicles in the UK. We are co-locating our electric vehicle manufacture, Electronic Drive Units and battery assembly to create a powerhouse of electrification in the Midlands.
    Prof. Dr. Ralf Speth
    Chief Executive Officer of Jaguar Land Rover

The UK has the raw materials, scientific research in our universities and an existing supplier base to put the UK at the leading edge of mobility and job creation.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by libraryguy View Post
    Carole Cadwalladr - Nuff said...

https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/06/27/caroles-conspiracies-are-a-gift-to-brexit/

The Observer’s Carole Cadwalladr should be given an award. No, not the Orwell Prize, whose committee debased itself in rewarding conspiracy theories over actual journalism by giving Cadwalladr the award last year. And no, not the Pulitzer Prize, for which Cadwalladr was nominated this year – perhaps she pipped rival conspiracist David Icke for the spot on the shortlist? She should instead be given an award for her services to Brexit.
    'Spiked'? Seriously? That famously even handed website that is funded partly by the radical right -wing Koch family? Oh well, if they say so, she must be wrong.

Sure, she's a complete fantasist that, just like David Icke has won:

Yeah. Just Like Icke. Christ on a bike.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by titanic View Post
    YOU LOT MAKE ME ANGRY! FOODBANKS, HOMELESSNESSS, YOU ALL WANT TO REMAIN IN AN ORGANIZATION THAT LOVES TO BRING CHEAP FOREIGN UNSKILLED LABOUR OVER HERE! I had a friend who was a farm labourer (he was British) But back in 2007 when the Eastern Europeans came over here! MY FRIEND WAS OUT OF A JOB. He was told by his boss that he was no longer viable as he can employ two Eastern Europeans for the the price he was employing him for. So i want a clean Brexit so we can employ unskilled British people into jobs. By the way my friend killed himself because he could not find another job! He always told me he was a grafter not a sponger. Being on the dole finished him off! It's funny that i see alot of British people who are unskilled on the streets homeless and begging! Let's get the unskilled the forgotten British people into work and off WELFARE! All you PC aholes who want to remain in th the EU make me sick!
    Foodbanks, homelessness and a farmer that is basically a shitty human being, and that's the fault of the EU?

PC aholes (sic)? Well, all those 'PC aholes' will be lining up to apologise to you when we leave the EU and there's no more foodbanks, no more homeless people and no more beggars on the street, won't they?

I for one will be on here in a year's time when all of those problems are a dim and distant memory, when homeless people are no more, when foodbanks are gone, when beggars are gone, and all farmers are employing British people, because we've left the EU. Saying how sorry I was to doubt you.

It sounds absolutely aholing wonderful.

16. Likes 2STEPS-IN-FRONT, The PNP, silver fox liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by titanic View Post
    Your Avatar says alot about yout a complete A'HOLE! An a@hole who thinks of number one "I'm alright jack". My friend was on £14.00 an hour and thanks to Eastern Europeans and THE GREEDY FARMER he lost his job! Then his life! But you don't give a toss about human life do you! Because freedom of movement means more to you, British Business is frightened of losing cheap foreign labour that's why it's took so long to leave the EU! It's funny that when big CEO'S are asked why can't you take on British workers they like like they are a rabbit caught in the headlights. They would like to answer because they are lazy! Rubbish there are lots of British people who would love to get their self-respect back by getting a job! Even if it is unskilled! BRITISH PEOPLE ARE NOT LAZY! So Ceam that's why you would sooner fall out with your parents over the EU! Because they voted to leave just shows what kind of person you are "A ROBOTIC REMAINER" What do you say "Family First, Last Always" what aload of rubbish! You think of yourself, Your Pocket, Always" Yes i've ghost read your posts, and all the others on here and yes, all you remainers will get a wake up call! Yes times are changing! You lot can argue the toss on here but we are out!
    Nurse has forgotten your meds, hasn't she?

BTW, what is 'ghost reading'? I know ghost writing is when somebody else does it for you. Is 'ghost reading' the same.

18. Likes gazaprop liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Should this current wave of euro-bonhomie with Boris continue it will be interesting to watch all those anti-democracy anti-Brexit loons ramp up their rhetoric.

We are surely not far off the usual lexicon of remoaners being released in fetid turbo flow.

Then if heaven forfend it actually happens we will have every tick of the clock accompanied by an I told you/knew it outbursts.

Its tempting to wish a hiccup to get a taste of the invective.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Toodles McGinty View Post
    Nurse has forgotten your meds, hasn't she?

BTW, what is 'ghost reading'? I know ghost writing is when somebody else does it for you. Is 'ghost reading' the same.
    Your going to have to mix with some younger people instead of just living vicariously through them,

Ghost-read
    To gather information from forums or community websites while not being a member to the site or having a screen name and not participating in the discussion.
    I ghost-read here often enough that I decided to sign up last week.
    #scan#discuss#observe#sneek#participate

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Toodles McGinty View Post
    That could have been copied straight from the Daily Mail view of Europe. Or Farage's Big Book of Euro-lies. Your source is a Twitter feed from a Brexit Party MEP? Then you complain about wasting EU money without a hint of irony. A good balanced view, then.

Most of those problems have absolutely nothing to do with the EU. They are down to our government. Slavery will not end with our exit from Europe. Are the traffickers going to just go 'OK lads, the game's up, let's go sell people elsewhere'?

But what will happen is that we'll lose thousands, if not millions of decent, hard working people. From the NHS, from trades, from agriculture, from care homes. Bizarrely, the category of workers that will be needed most by elderly Brexiteers.

And Bercow spoke with his counterpart in the EU parliament. What is so wrong with that. Have you never spoken to your counterparts in whatever job you've had? He's out at the end of this month. What on earth does that have to do with anything? How can he 'put a block on Brexit'? That just smacks of paranoia to me. Bercow has nothing to do with Brexit, he can only ensure that Parliament plays by the rules. Which he has done.

As for money lost, £9bn in two years doesn't really compare with the £76bn that this whole farce has cost us to date. Let that sink in. £76 billion quid. How many hospitals is that? Schools? Or in Daily Mail terms, an entire navy to keep those damned drowning benefit scrounging, yet taking all our jobs foreigners off our beaches.
    Having worked in care for 20+ years I can absolutely guarantee that we never worked with anyone who had recently migrated to this country & yet we never seemed to be without a workforce. Vacancies were always filled. As for a lack of NHS workers, in particular nurses, there will definitely be a shortage as the uptake has been low since the government cut the bursaries paid to trainee nurses, nothing to do with Brexit' there.
    I'm pretty sure people trafficking will become far more difficult once tighter border control is in place after the freedom to work here with neither qualifications nor experience nor the ability to support themselves is removed.
    It appears it is you that has the blinkers on, nothing anyone says will you listen to as you have already made up your mind.
    I'm not a Daily Mail reader thanks, in fact I don't buy newspapers as most of them are biased either way.
    Had we left 3 years ago then £76bn wouldn't have been wasted on this project as you say, therefore I think you'll find that the problem is not with Brexit' but it is in fact with our government not getting a shift on.
    Volunteers needed now

Southport And Formby Special Athletes
    Registered charity no. 1037697

www.southportspecialathletes.org.uk

FirstFirst ... ... LastLast
Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK /
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in UK
Replacement Stove Glass in UK
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
UKUK News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)
UK MasksUK Face MasksUK KN95 MasksUK Disposable MasksUK Hand SanitiserUK Hand SanitizerUK PPEUK Bathroom SuppliesUK Cheap BathroomsUK Discount BathroomsUK Bathroom SalesUK Bathroom SuitesUK Bathroom TapsUK Basin TapsUK Bath TapsUK Kitchen TapsUK Free Standing Bath TapsUK Bath Mixer TapUK Bidet TapsUK Shower EnclosuresUK Bi Fold Shower DoorsUK Corner ShowersUK Pivot Shower DoorsUK Sliding Shower DoorsUK Shower Side PanelsUK Quadrant ShowersUK Shower TraysUK Wet-RoomsUK Bathroom ShowersUK Showers ValvesUK Showers RailsUK Showers HeadsUK Showers ArmsUK Showers HandsetsUK Showers JetsUK Showers ElbowsUK Toilet SeatsUK ToiletsUK BasinsUK Basin WastesUK Combined Toilet BasinUK Bathroom FurnitureUK BathsUK L Shaped BathUK P Shaped BathUK Bath ScreensUK SanitarywareUK Combined Toilet BasinUK StovesUK Wood StovesUK Home StovesUK Cooker StovesUK Enamel StovesUK Designer StovesUK Contemporary StovesUK Multi Fuel StovesUK Car ServicingUK MOTgUK TyresUK Car BatteryUK ExhaustUK Journalist JobsUK Reporter JobsUK Writing JobsUK Freelance WriterUK Self Employed JobsUK Franchise BusinessUK Franchise OpportunitiesUK Car InsuranceUK Cheap Car InsuranceUK Car Insurance BrokersUK Driving SchoolsUK Driving LessonsUK Driving TestUK Driving Theory TestUK Driving Instruction, 0000 UK Driving Instructor, 0000 UK VouchersUK DealsUK MatalanUK Railway SleepersUK Reclaimed SleepersUK New SleepersUK CoalUK House CoalUK Household CoalUK Smokeless CoalUK Smokeless FuelUK Coal BagsUK FirewoodUK Fire WoodUK Kiln Dried HardwoodUK Kiln Dried LogsUK Logs For SaleUK Log SuppliesUK LogsUK Firewood LogsUK Seasoned LogsUK Hardwood LogsUK Firewood SuppliersUK Firewood Log SuppliersUK Firewood Dumpy BagsUK Firewood CratesUK Cheap FirewoodUK Homefire LogsUK Cheap Firewood LogsUK Kindle ConesUK Pizza Oven LogsUK Heating OilUK Home Heating OilUK Red DieselUK White DieselUK KereseneUK Commercial FuelsUK Calor GasUK Propane GasUK Butane GasUK Heating GasUK Horse TrainingUK Horse TrainerUK Horse WhispererUK Equine WhispererUK Horse Whisperer Victoria SmithUK Rattan Garden FurnitureUK Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan SofaUK Rattan Dining SetUK Rattan DirectUK Cheap Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan Corner SofasUK Rattan Day BedsUK Rattan Sun LoungersUK Rattan Cube SetsUK Rattan Bistro SetsUK ChimeneasUK FirepitsUK Patio HeatersUK Hygiene VendingUK Washroom VendingUK Air FreshenersUK Air CareUK Aerosol SystemsUK Gel SystemsUK Water SavingUK Urinal Water SavingUK Eco CapsUK SensaflushUK Water ManagementUK Urinal DosingUK Urinal V ScreensUK Legionella Risk AssessmentUK Legionella Risk TestingUK Legionaires Risk AssessmentUK Legionella BacteriaUK Legionaires BacteriaUK Legionella ComplianceUK Legionella AdviceUK Legionella Landlords AdviceUK Legionella TestingUK Legionella CheckUK Legionella RegulationsUK Legionella Risk Assessment For LandlordsUK Legionella Water TestingUK Legionella QuoteUK Fire Stove GlassUK Heat Resistant GlassUK Fire GlassUK Stove GlassUK Fire Resistant GlassUK Replacement Stove GlassUK Glass For StovesUK Dust MatsUK Entrance MatsUK Reception MatsUK Anti Fatigue MatsUK Floor MatsUK Logo MatsUK London Washroom ServicesUK London Sanitary BinsUK London Shredding ServicesUK London Trade Waste DisposalUK London Legionella TestingUK London Clinical WasteUK Washroom ServicesUK Principal WashroomsUK Washrooms SuppliesUK Washrooms SolutionsUK Sanitary DisposalUK Sanitary BinsUK Sani BinsUK Lady BinsUK Feminine Hygiene UnitsUK Sanitary Waste DisposalUK Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Waste BinUK Sanitary Waste BinsUK Sanitary UnitsUK Feminine UnitsUK Hygiene ServicesUK Sanitary Bin SupplierUK Sanitary Bin RentalUK Sanitary Bin Rental ServicesUK Sanitary BinUK SanitarybinUK Feminine Hygiene BinsUK Female Santary BinUK Sani binUK Sani binsUK Sanibin RentalUK Sanitary BoxUK Sanitary BoxesUK Sanitary Bin QuoteUK Sanitary Bin PriceUK Sanitary Bin CostUK Sanitary Disposal QuoteUK Sanitary Disposal PriceUK Sanitary Disposal CostUK Free Duty of CareUK Tampon BinUK Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Tampon BinUK Sanitary Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Towel BinUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Feminine WasteUK Feminine Hygiene WasteUK Sanitary Waste RegulationsUK Sanitary Waste LawUK Sanitary Bins LawUK Sanitary Bins For Small BusinessUK Sanitary Bin Service CostUK Sanitary Bin Collection CostUK Disposal of Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Sanitary Towel DisposalUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK Biomass WasteUK Metal WasteUK Paper ShreddingUK Local ShreddingUK Secure ShreddingUK Confidential ShreddingUK Document DestructionUK Confidential WasteUK Confidential Waste ServiceUK Confidential Waste ServicesUK Confidential Waste ShreddingUK Confidential Waste DisposalUK Confidential Waste DestructionUK On Site ShreddingUK Off Site ShreddingUK One Off ShreddingUK Contract ShreddingUK GDPR ShreddingUK ShreddingUK Document ShreddingUK Shredding ServicesUK Mobile ShreddingUK Dental WasteUK Dental Waste DisposalUK Dental Waste LegislationUK Dental Waste ComplianceUK Accupuncture WasteUK Accupuncture Waste DisposalUK Accupuncture Waste CollectionAccupuncture Waste in UKAccupuncture Waste Disposal in UKAccupuncture Waste Collection in UKUK Acupuncture WasteUK Acupuncture Waste DisposalUK Acupuncture Waste CollectionUK Acupuncture Waste ServiceUK Acupuncture Clinical WasteUK Acupuncture SharpsUK Acupuncture NeedlesUK Beauty Salon Clincical WasteUK Beauty Salon MicrobladingUK Beauty Salon NeedlesUK Beauty Salon SharpsUK Tattoo WasteUK Tattoo Waste DisposalTattoo Waste in UKTattoo Waste Disposal in UKTattoo Waste Collection in UKTattoo Waste Compliance in UKTattoo Waste Services in UKTattoo Clinical Waste in UKTattoo Sharps in UKTattoo Needles in UKUK Sharps BinUK Sharps BinsUK Sharps CollectionUK Sharps DisposalUK Hazardous SharpsUK Non Hazardous SharpsUK Cytotoxic SharpsUK Cytostatic SharpsUK Ink BlockUK Wet_WasteUK Tattoo InkUK Drug DestructionUK Drug DisposalUK Drug DenaturingUK Unwanted DrugsUK Out Of Date DrugsUK Pest ControlUK Rodent ControlUK Bird ControlUK Bird ProofingUK Guano ControlUK Pest Call OutUK Pest PreventionUK Pest DeterrentUK Nursery WasteUK Nappy WasteUK Nappy BinUK Nappy BinsUK Nappy DisposalUK Nappy Wheelie BinUK Nursery Waste DisposalUK Nursery Waste CollectionUK Nappy Waste RegulationsUK Commercial Nappy WasteUK Nappy Disposal BinUK Nappy Waste CollectionUK Incontinence PadsUK Offensive WasteUK Human WasteUK Nursing Home WasteUK Care Home WasteUK Hazardous WasteUK Infectous WasteUK Pharmaceutical WasteUK Medicinal WasteUK Medicine WasteUK Infection ControlUK Hand SanitisersUK Clinical WasteUK Clinical Waste RemovalUK Clinical Waste CollectionUK Clinical Waste RegulationsUK Clinical Waste DisposalUK Clinical Waste ManagementUK Clinical Waste PolicyUK EA RegistrationSell my scrap van in UKWashroom Services in TarletonSanitary bins quoteGarden Services in SouthportGarden Services in OrmskirkGarden Services in FormybGarden Services in TarletonUK Path GravelUK Path GravelsUK GravelUK GravelsUK Garden Path GravelUK Decorative GravelsUK Cotswold GravelUK Bulk AggregatesUK Mass AggregatesUK Aggregates SuppliersUK Aggregate SuppliersUK Bulk Bags AggregatesUK Bulk BagsUK Mot Type 1UK Mot Type 2UK Top SoilUK Building SandUK Grit SandUK Fine SandUK Play SandUK Top Dressing SandUK Silica SandUK Mersey SandUK Kiln Dried SandUK Plastering SandUK Crusher RunUK DustUK BallestUK HardcoreUK GritUK Horticultural GritUK Alpine GritUK LimestoneUK GraniteUK Cotswold ChippingsUK Golden FlintUK MoonstoneUK Pea GravelUK Cheshire PinkUK Yorkshire CreamUK Derbyshire Peak StoneUK Green BallastUK Autumn GoldUK Pink GravelUK Blue SlateUK Plum SlateUK Grey SlateUK Welsh SlateUK Play BarkUK Chip BarkUK Christmas TreesUK Xmas TreesUK Artificial TreeUK Christmas Decorations