UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
FirstFirst ... ... LastLast

Thread: Weinstein

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by local View Post
    Degsy from you with your moral compass I see that condemnation as a badge of honour.

Oh by the way which "others" aren't you deluding yourself that anyone with a semblance of decency would find your corrupt sense of values acceptable or reasonable ?
    I'm afraid this thread's littered with Derek's premature exclamations .

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Toodles McGinty View Post
    So I don't believe for a second he needed the walker.
    This thread - where you have to explain to someone why you think the worst of a proven liar, manipulative bully and convicted rapist! .

4. Likes Toodles McGinty liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    'Let myself go'?
    It's a very interesting choice of colloquialism, that, isn't it?

Thank goodness there are some decent men on here who wish him as ill as I do. A few more posts and it'll be the women's fault, I can just see it.
    I'm sorry to say, Toodles, that I suspect that for a minority of men Harvey Weinstein, with his licence to bully, freedom to humiliate, and pick of Hollywood actresses to rape with impunity, was living the f*cking dream .

He's the secret hero of ugly, bitter men.

And consider sparing a microbe of a crumb of pity for those ugly, bitter men, who not only are having to fight so hard to suppress expressing their aspirational regard for him, but are also having to perhaps fight even harder to suppress their disdain and fury for the discard pile of female "recipients" of his who have finally dared to rise up to speak out against the ugly, bitter ones' hero of rape and ultimately engineer the downfall of the ugly, bitter ones' hero of rape.

Yes, consider the violated feelings of those ugly, bitter men.

At least for a nano-second.

If only to get an insight into the psyche of the twisted.

And gain a handle on why they continue to bang on, defensively and otherwise desperately, about as much deflective and peripheral bullsh*t as readily comes to their grasping, sad, selective minds.

Likes / Dislikes
    Excellent summary, DR.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek H View Post
    you seem to have let youself "go" a bit on this thread - not to your benefit in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Region View Post
    It's a very interesting choice of colloquialism, that, isn't it?
    It certainly is. I'd be surprised if he wrote the same to a bloke. 'Let yourself go' translates, to me anyway, as 'you're a woman, so I don't want to read any strident opinions I may not agree with'. Or 'you've allowed yourself to become less attractive', which along with the rage inducing phrase 'smile love, it might never happen' can only solicit one response. It's a three word phrase, the first is 'go' and the third is 'yourself'.

Just as there is no good way to complete the sentence 'I'm not a racist, but...' there is no good end to 'I'm not condoning what has been claimed he's done. But...'

I'm surprised at Derek. Not remotely surprised at 'Said', of course. He seems to be the type of bloke who sees nothing wrong with raping women of a certain age, at the very least it might shut us up. Mainly on account of, I'd guess, women have actively repelled him all his life. But Derek has been a different kettle of fish. Pedantic as heck, but not overtly offensive. Until recently. Mostly I'm surprised that Derek has a wife whom he obviously adores. I can't see him wondering mainly about the physical health of her attacker should, God forbid, she become the victim of a similar crime.

I'd wager he'd find it 'easier to accept such hatred' then.

Likes / Dislikes
    You and I appear to notice all the same things and read them all the same way, at least on this thread, TM.

I'm reminded of Emily Maitlis's interview of that other bullsh*tting scum-bucket, Prince Andrew. Pity it wasn't conducted under caution. Perhaps, one day, it will be.

It wasn't just the litany of evasive rubbish that fell out of the mouth of that ludicrous man-child, nor the lazy arrogance of the man in that he clearly didn't think he needed to even bother to prepare anything better than easily disproved tosh - it was (as was widely highlighted subsequent to the screening of the interview) what he didn't express that was equally as damning.

8. Likes Toodles McGinty liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    This is a landmark case for (thanks to all those brave women) in that previously it was hard to secure a prosecution if the victim claimed abuse
    and continued in employment with the abuser.

Likes / Dislikes
    [QUOTE=Desert Region;6716211]You and I appear to notice all the same things and read them all the same way, at least on this thread, TM.

You just don't get it do you? I do not think there is anyone who admires nor feels good about such criminal activity. But it is the views expressed against such a person, whipped up by a media frenzy which create a great risk to anyone in the public eye. Not so long ago, a person in the public eye, was arrested for domestic violence. The media went wild demanding that this person be punished severely, that they should be made to undergo various retributions, etc., Social media picked up on the theme, and collectively, a large number of people responded likewise, threatening all vile intentions against this person even going so far as to contact them personally while remaining anonymous and hidden. Two weeks ago, not being able to accept it any more - that person took their own life! They had never been found guilty of the crime.

A similar event took place not so very distant from here, where a person was killed. The Police had barely left the scene when there was a sudden televised coverage, followed by all media and immediately - massive coverage by social media. It was as if we had stepped back in time, to the days of peasants and common living - hell, it was like there was a media lynch mob! Anonymous people were braying for blood. This was before any court trial!

On a smaller scale - a similar event happened to me. I had done absolutely nothing wrong. But one person took umbrage against me and thought they could encourage others on social media to verbally attack me. This person succeeded. There were hundreds of responses verbally attacking me, with the vilest of accusations - just because one person (who is known locally for carrying out such attacks on many people) viewed an action I took, in the wrong way. It did not take long to get it shut down - in this case, identification was found, and the initiators address was discovered and a not so pleasant personal message was sent to all contributors - who were horrified that they had been identified - threatening court action. Good - I hope it saved many others from the same abuse.

Freedom of speech is one thing - combined verbal attacks against anyone is a very dangerous precedent to follow.

Likes / Dislikes
    You and I appear to notice all the same things and read them all the same way, at least on this thread, TM.
    Quote Originally Posted by said View Post
    You just don't get it do you? I do not think there is anyone who admires nor feels good about such criminal activity. But it is the views expressed against such a person, whipped up by a media frenzy which create a great risk to anyone in the public eye. Not so long ago, a person in the public eye, was arrested for domestic violence. The media went wild demanding that this person be punished severely, that they should be made to undergo various retributions, etc., Social media picked up on the theme, and collectively, a large number of people responded likewise, threatening all vile intentions against this person even going so far as to contact them personally while remaining anonymous and hidden. Two weeks ago, not being able to accept it any more - that person took their own life! They had never been found guilty of the crime.

A similar event took place not so very distant from here, where a person was killed. The Police had barely left the scene when there was a sudden televised coverage, followed by all media and immediately - massive coverage by social media. It was as if we had stepped back in time, to the days of peasants and common living - hell, it was like there was a media lynch mob! Anonymous people were braying for blood. This was before any court trial!

On a smaller scale - a similar event happened to me. I had done absolutely nothing wrong. But one person took umbrage against me and thought they could encourage others on social media to verbally attack me. This person succeeded. There were hundreds of responses verbally attacking me, with the vilest of accusations - just because one person (who is known locally for carrying out such attacks on many people) viewed an action I took, in the wrong way. It did not take long to get it shut down - in this case, identification was found, and the initiators address was discovered and a not so pleasant personal message was sent to all contributors - who were horrified that they had been identified - threatening court action. Good - I hope it saved many others from the same abuse.

Freedom of speech is one thing - combined verbal attacks against anyone is a very dangerous precedent to follow.
    That's a very interesting post.

You just don't get it do you? I do not think there is anyone who admires nor feels good about such criminal activity.
    What an interesting sentence. Still, I'm more interested in Harvey Weinstein's.

Harvey Weinstein is a convicted rapist.

'Not so very distant from here' and 'massive coverage by social media.'

Links please.

That event must be well known. Someone else on the Forum will doubtless have heard of the event.

But, anyway, as you were saying: you're the victim, you've been the victim of abuse, and you save people from abuse.

Likes / Dislikes
    I'm surprised at Derek. Not remotely surprised at 'Said', of course. He seems to be the type of bloke who sees nothing wrong with raping women of a certain age, at the very least it might shut us up. Mainly on account of, I'd guess, women have actively repelled him all his life. But Derek has been a different kettle of fish. Pedantic as heck, but not overtly offensive. Until recently.
    Yes, said's views of course are long-documented (both fortunately and unfortunately) on here. I have no reason whatsoever to doubt either said's sincerity and conviction re his catalogue of comments and opinions about rape, women, gay people, etc. Suffice to say: there's nothing remotely funny about said.

I do sometimes have a soft spot for DH's tendency to focus on speling and grammatical matters, almost to the point of exclusion of any meaningful engagement in a verbal transaction, with no compromise given as to the text setting, etc. I can be simultaneously engaged by and amused by the laser-guided pedantry, and the pointed defence mounted at maintaining or at least arresting the decline of standards, as DH perceives them.

Even on this thread DH still the ability to make me laugh out loud. I found the following from post #57 an absolute peach:

Quote Originally Posted by Derek H View Post
    GUTTER - and I need no more proof! Nor in fact do any others.
    Approaching Norma Desmond levels of declamatory ham! .

Likes / Dislikes
    That is also not the point! I can now understand why cyber bullying is so viral. Millions of people are victims - people literally jump on a blind bandwagon without any thought. Your response is as would be expected from anyone caught with their pants down. (Double entendre)

Says all - you are more interested in a rapist and gutters??

Likes / Dislikes
    But it is the views expressed against such a person, whipped up by a media frenzy which create a great risk to anyone in the public eye.
    You're seriously suggesting that the situations of Harvey Weinstein and Caroline Flack bear any similarity? One a convicted serial rapist, accused by over 80 women and one unfairly trolled by the Twitterati and gutter press? The two bear no resemblance.

A similar event took place not so very distant from here, where a person was killed. The Police had barely left the scene when there was a sudden televised coverage, followed by all media and immediately - massive coverage by social media.
    Isn't that why you received your last ban - for wild speculation after a death and police investigation?

Approaching Norma Desmond levels of declamatory ham! .
    That's a mental image that will make me laugh out loud when I'm on my own on a bus or in a queue somewhere .

Likes / Dislikes
    That is also not the point! I can now understand why cyber bullying is so viral. Millions of people are victims - people literally jump on a blind bandwagon without any thought. Your response is as would be expected from anyone caught with their pants down. (Double entendre)

Your response is as would be expected from anyone caught with their pants down. (Double entendre)
    Eh? . But anywho, there's your joke about being caught with pants down, on this thread.

It does veer towards unintelligible after a while. Should I charitably attribute that to the PTSD that you probably suffered after the vile abuse event (involving 'hundreds of responses') at which you were at the centre, and which you vaguely described in post #67 of this thread? Or is it just another typical example of the usual incoherence?

Millions of people are victims - people literally jump on a blind bandwagon without any thought.
    Blind bandwagons do sound a potential health and safety issue - along similar lines to those disabled cars parking on the pavement, and those blind dogs you'd hear about that used to frequent Wetherspoons.

16. Likes Toodles McGinty liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    You're seriously suggesting that the situations of Harvey Weinstein and Caroline Flack bear any similarity? One a convicted serial rapist, accused by over 80 women and one unfairly trolled by the Twitterati and gutter press? The two bear no resemblance.

Isn't that why you received your last ban - for wild speculation after a death and police investigation?

That's a mental image that will make me laugh out loud when I'm on my own on a bus or in a queue somewhere .

All and each have received an unfair amount of vile criticism! It is not just criminals who are subjected to it - everyone, including yourself could become a victim. I have given examples to prove that point.

Likes / Dislikes
    Eh? . But anywho, there's your joke about being caught with pants down, on this thread.

It does veer towards unintelligible after a while. Should I charitably attribute that to the PTSD that you probably suffered after the vile abuse event (involving 'hundreds of responses') at which you were at the centre, and which you vaguely described in post #67 of this thread? Or is it just another typical example of the usual incoherence?

Blind bandwagons do sound a potential health and safety issue - along similar lines to those disabled cars parking on the pavement, and those blind dogs you'd hear about that used to frequent Wetherspoons.

You surely are not as dumb as your posts make you out to be, are you? Surely not!

Likes / Dislikes
    All and each have received an unfair amount of vile criticism! It is not just criminals who are subjected to it - everyone, including yourself could become a victim. I have given examples to prove that point.
    Harvey Weinstein has received an 'unfair amount of vile criticism'? Are you insane? What particular criticism was 'unfair', would you say?

FirstFirst ... ... LastLast
Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK /
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in UK
Replacement Stove Glass in UK
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
UKUK News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)
UK MasksUK Face MasksUK KN95 MasksUK Disposable MasksUK Hand SanitiserUK Hand SanitizerUK PPEUK Bathroom SuppliesUK Cheap BathroomsUK Discount BathroomsUK Bathroom SalesUK Bathroom SuitesUK Bathroom TapsUK Basin TapsUK Bath TapsUK Kitchen TapsUK Free Standing Bath TapsUK Bath Mixer TapUK Bidet TapsUK Shower EnclosuresUK Bi Fold Shower DoorsUK Corner ShowersUK Pivot Shower DoorsUK Sliding Shower DoorsUK Shower Side PanelsUK Quadrant ShowersUK Shower TraysUK Wet-RoomsUK Bathroom ShowersUK Showers ValvesUK Showers RailsUK Showers HeadsUK Showers ArmsUK Showers HandsetsUK Showers JetsUK Showers ElbowsUK Toilet SeatsUK ToiletsUK BasinsUK Basin WastesUK Combined Toilet BasinUK Bathroom FurnitureUK BathsUK L Shaped BathUK P Shaped BathUK Bath ScreensUK SanitarywareUK Combined Toilet BasinUK StovesUK Wood StovesUK Home StovesUK Cooker StovesUK Enamel StovesUK Designer StovesUK Contemporary StovesUK Multi Fuel StovesUK Car ServicingUK MOTgUK TyresUK Car BatteryUK ExhaustUK Journalist JobsUK Reporter JobsUK Writing JobsUK Freelance WriterUK Self Employed JobsUK Franchise BusinessUK Franchise OpportunitiesUK Car InsuranceUK Cheap Car InsuranceUK Car Insurance BrokersUK Driving SchoolsUK Driving LessonsUK Driving TestUK Driving Theory TestUK Driving Instruction, 0000 UK Driving Instructor, 0000 UK VouchersUK DealsUK MatalanUK Railway SleepersUK Reclaimed SleepersUK New SleepersUK CoalUK House CoalUK Household CoalUK Smokeless CoalUK Smokeless FuelUK Coal BagsUK FirewoodUK Fire WoodUK Kiln Dried HardwoodUK Kiln Dried LogsUK Logs For SaleUK Log SuppliesUK LogsUK Firewood LogsUK Seasoned LogsUK Hardwood LogsUK Firewood SuppliersUK Firewood Log SuppliersUK Firewood Dumpy BagsUK Firewood CratesUK Cheap FirewoodUK Homefire LogsUK Cheap Firewood LogsUK Kindle ConesUK Pizza Oven LogsUK Heating OilUK Home Heating OilUK Red DieselUK White DieselUK KereseneUK Commercial FuelsUK Calor GasUK Propane GasUK Butane GasUK Heating GasUK Horse TrainingUK Horse TrainerUK Horse WhispererUK Equine WhispererUK Horse Whisperer Victoria SmithUK Rattan Garden FurnitureUK Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan SofaUK Rattan Dining SetUK Rattan DirectUK Cheap Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan Corner SofasUK Rattan Day BedsUK Rattan Sun LoungersUK Rattan Cube SetsUK Rattan Bistro SetsUK ChimeneasUK FirepitsUK Patio HeatersUK Hygiene VendingUK Washroom VendingUK Air FreshenersUK Air CareUK Aerosol SystemsUK Gel SystemsUK Water SavingUK Urinal Water SavingUK Eco CapsUK SensaflushUK Water ManagementUK Urinal DosingUK Urinal V ScreensUK Legionella Risk AssessmentUK Legionella Risk TestingUK Legionaires Risk AssessmentUK Legionella BacteriaUK Legionaires BacteriaUK Legionella ComplianceUK Legionella AdviceUK Legionella Landlords AdviceUK Legionella TestingUK Legionella CheckUK Legionella RegulationsUK Legionella Risk Assessment For LandlordsUK Legionella Water TestingUK Legionella QuoteUK Fire Stove GlassUK Heat Resistant GlassUK Fire GlassUK Stove GlassUK Fire Resistant GlassUK Replacement Stove GlassUK Glass For StovesUK Dust MatsUK Entrance MatsUK Reception MatsUK Anti Fatigue MatsUK Floor MatsUK Logo MatsUK London Washroom ServicesUK London Sanitary BinsUK London Shredding ServicesUK London Trade Waste DisposalUK London Legionella TestingUK London Clinical WasteUK Washroom ServicesUK Principal WashroomsUK Washrooms SuppliesUK Washrooms SolutionsUK Sanitary DisposalUK Sanitary BinsUK Sani BinsUK Lady BinsUK Feminine Hygiene UnitsUK Sanitary Waste DisposalUK Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Waste BinUK Sanitary Waste BinsUK Sanitary UnitsUK Feminine UnitsUK Hygiene ServicesUK Sanitary Bin SupplierUK Sanitary Bin RentalUK Sanitary Bin Rental ServicesUK Sanitary BinUK SanitarybinUK Feminine Hygiene BinsUK Female Santary BinUK Sani binUK Sani binsUK Sanibin RentalUK Sanitary BoxUK Sanitary BoxesUK Sanitary Bin QuoteUK Sanitary Bin PriceUK Sanitary Bin CostUK Sanitary Disposal QuoteUK Sanitary Disposal PriceUK Sanitary Disposal CostUK Free Duty of CareUK Tampon BinUK Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Tampon BinUK Sanitary Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Towel BinUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Feminine WasteUK Feminine Hygiene WasteUK Sanitary Waste RegulationsUK Sanitary Waste LawUK Sanitary Bins LawUK Sanitary Bins For Small BusinessUK Sanitary Bin Service CostUK Sanitary Bin Collection CostUK Disposal of Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Sanitary Towel DisposalUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK Biomass WasteUK Metal WasteUK Paper ShreddingUK Local ShreddingUK Secure ShreddingUK Confidential ShreddingUK Document DestructionUK Confidential WasteUK Confidential Waste ServiceUK Confidential Waste ServicesUK Confidential Waste ShreddingUK Confidential Waste DisposalUK Confidential Waste DestructionUK On Site ShreddingUK Off Site ShreddingUK One Off ShreddingUK Contract ShreddingUK GDPR ShreddingUK ShreddingUK Document ShreddingUK Shredding ServicesUK Mobile ShreddingUK Dental WasteUK Dental Waste DisposalUK Dental Waste LegislationUK Dental Waste ComplianceUK Accupuncture WasteUK Accupuncture Waste DisposalUK Accupuncture Waste CollectionAccupuncture Waste in UKAccupuncture Waste Disposal in UKAccupuncture Waste Collection in UKUK Acupuncture WasteUK Acupuncture Waste DisposalUK Acupuncture Waste CollectionUK Acupuncture Waste ServiceUK Acupuncture Clinical WasteUK Acupuncture SharpsUK Acupuncture NeedlesUK Beauty Salon Clincical WasteUK Beauty Salon MicrobladingUK Beauty Salon NeedlesUK Beauty Salon SharpsUK Tattoo WasteUK Tattoo Waste DisposalTattoo Waste in UKTattoo Waste Disposal in UKTattoo Waste Collection in UKTattoo Waste Compliance in UKTattoo Waste Services in UKTattoo Clinical Waste in UKTattoo Sharps in UKTattoo Needles in UKUK Sharps BinUK Sharps BinsUK Sharps CollectionUK Sharps DisposalUK Hazardous SharpsUK Non Hazardous SharpsUK Cytotoxic SharpsUK Cytostatic SharpsUK Ink BlockUK Wet_WasteUK Tattoo InkUK Drug DestructionUK Drug DisposalUK Drug DenaturingUK Unwanted DrugsUK Out Of Date DrugsUK Pest ControlUK Rodent ControlUK Bird ControlUK Bird ProofingUK Guano ControlUK Pest Call OutUK Pest PreventionUK Pest DeterrentUK Nursery WasteUK Nappy WasteUK Nappy BinUK Nappy BinsUK Nappy DisposalUK Nappy Wheelie BinUK Nursery Waste DisposalUK Nursery Waste CollectionUK Nappy Waste RegulationsUK Commercial Nappy WasteUK Nappy Disposal BinUK Nappy Waste CollectionUK Incontinence PadsUK Offensive WasteUK Human WasteUK Nursing Home WasteUK Care Home WasteUK Hazardous WasteUK Infectous WasteUK Pharmaceutical WasteUK Medicinal WasteUK Medicine WasteUK Infection ControlUK Hand SanitisersUK Clinical WasteUK Clinical Waste RemovalUK Clinical Waste CollectionUK Clinical Waste RegulationsUK Clinical Waste DisposalUK Clinical Waste ManagementUK Clinical Waste PolicyUK EA RegistrationSell my scrap van in UKWashroom Services in TarletonSanitary bins quoteGarden Services in SouthportGarden Services in OrmskirkGarden Services in FormybGarden Services in TarletonUK Path GravelUK Path GravelsUK GravelUK GravelsUK Garden Path GravelUK Decorative GravelsUK Cotswold GravelUK Bulk AggregatesUK Mass AggregatesUK Aggregates SuppliersUK Aggregate SuppliersUK Bulk Bags AggregatesUK Bulk BagsUK Mot Type 1UK Mot Type 2UK Top SoilUK Building SandUK Grit SandUK Fine SandUK Play SandUK Top Dressing SandUK Silica SandUK Mersey SandUK Kiln Dried SandUK Plastering SandUK Crusher RunUK DustUK BallestUK HardcoreUK GritUK Horticultural GritUK Alpine GritUK LimestoneUK GraniteUK Cotswold ChippingsUK Golden FlintUK MoonstoneUK Pea GravelUK Cheshire PinkUK Yorkshire CreamUK Derbyshire Peak StoneUK Green BallastUK Autumn GoldUK Pink GravelUK Blue SlateUK Plum SlateUK Grey SlateUK Welsh SlateUK Play BarkUK Chip BarkUK Christmas TreesUK Xmas TreesUK Artificial TreeUK Christmas Decorations