UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
FirstFirst ... ... LastLast

Thread: Keir Starmer

Likes / Dislikes

2. Likes Hamble liked this post

3. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Nobody actually cares what Starmer does or says.

Rayner is just a taliswoman for the Labour members who like being unelectable, she goes straight to the requirement for a useful idiot.

Likes / Dislikes

nostalgia

Name:  David Lammy, Keir Starmer, Yvette Cooper and Rachel Reeves_Photograph: Stefan Rousseau PA.png
Views: 0
Size:  168.0 KB

Name:  G P R & J_crossing.png
Size:  144.7 KB

Likes / Dislikes
    David Lammy wtf surely not.

There is so much better out there, Yvette Cooper at least has some nous it's as though Boris is playing fantasy shadow cabinet.

I'll bet he/they can't believe their luck.

Likes / Dislikes

Question Labour getting out of Westminster and heading north ?

'I want Gove to succeed, for the sake of left-behind places'

Name:  Lisa Nandy_Labour getting out of Westminster and heading north.png
Size:  50.0 KB
    Lisa Nandy says the reshuffle is about Labour getting out of Westminster and heading north
    photo credit: Michael Mayhew/Allstar

“[Keir Starmer] rang and said, ‘You have been doing a fantastic job but we need you out facing the country, telling the story of the country that we can be’,” she tells the Observer.
    “His pitch was that we have to hold the Tories to account for their slogans and broken promises but we also have to show we have a story for every part of this country that matches the ambition of the people in it. It was a pretty irresistible offer.”
    Like the Conservatives, Labour vaguely conceive of "levelling-up" in terms of improved infrastructure and employment opportunities. But do they have any conception of how this can be achieved?
    “This is always where Whitehall and Westminster start,” she says. …The answer is not the same for Dagenham as for Barnsley.”
    She insists she is not being evasive …
    The challenge on levelling up is …about being sensitive to how people feel in left-behind communities, their struggles and what they have lost, which in many cases is almost everything except their pride and their ambition.
    “There is growing anger”, she adds “…and they are, rightly, very angry.”
    Are they going to promise to spend more money in the north? In view of Gove's ideas to introduce "governors" (yet more dabbling in regional government) as trailed to The Times, what hope of success?

Likes / Dislikes

Post …able to develop the policies needed?

Name:  LisaNandy(r).png
Size:  27.6 KB
    Lisa Nandy detected BREXIT sentiment in her Wigan constituency and hedged accordingly. She participated in the founding of the Centre for Towns "…an independent non-partisan organisation dedicated to providing research and analysis of our towns", and consistently argued in and out of parliament for more central government attention being paid to towns like Wigan. Evidently this advocacy has contributed to her being chosen by the Labour leader to shadow Michael Gove's Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities.

In view of her experience I wonder, will she be able to generate viable policy initatives which are plausible and which will distinguish Labour's offer from that of the Conservatives?

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by sandGroundZero View Post
    Name:  LisaNandy(r).png
Size:  27.6 KB
    Lisa Nandy detected BREXIT sentiment in her Wigan constituency and hedged accordingly. She participated in the founding of the Centre for Towns "…an independent non-partisan organisation dedicated to providing research and analysis of our towns", and consistently argued in and out of parliament for more central government attention being paid to towns like Wigan. Evidently this advocacy has contributed to her being chosen by the Labour leader to shadow Michael Gove's Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities.

In view of her experience I wonder, will she be able to generate viable policy initatives which are plausible and which will distinguish Labour's offer from that of the Conservatives?

Nandy is like a child and a very smug ill informed camera seeking one at that.

Likes / Dislikes

Arrow cheers for that …

"Nandy is like a child and a very smug ill informed camera seeking one at that."
    …I am interested to know the basis of that judgement;
    but,
    1. will she generate viable policy initiatives which will distinguish Labour's offer from that of the Conservatives?
    2. shadowing Gove's Ministry of Levelling-up, Housing and Communites appears to be regarded by pundits as the front line in Labour's endeavours to recover its credibility among the so-called red wall constituencies. Levelling-up appears to be problematic for the government.

Likes / Dislikes

Question What are we to make of this?

Name:  Stronger Future Together_Starmer2.png
Size:  246.7 KB
    Dear sandGroundZero,

Growing up, I never imagined writing a letter like this. My father was a toolmaker, and my mother was a nurse. Together they taught me about the dignity of work and the value of public service.

I come from an ordinary, hardworking family. I found I had a passion for making life better for families like mine. I chose the law as the way to do this, became the first person in my family to go to university, and started working to fight for others.

I'm a practical, down to earth person and if I see wrong, I want to put it right. I was lucky enough to rise to the top of my profession, becoming head of the Crown Prosecution Service, where I was responsible for prosecuting terrorists and criminal gangs.

So I'm not a career politician. My approach to politics is different. It's based on one thing: getting results. And that has never been more important for our country than now.

Britain stands at a crossroads. We have a choice. I know the path I'd want to lead the country along — I thing it's the country we all want to see — where you can expect the bright future you all deserve.

The challenges of our time are big — recovery from the pandemic, facing climate change, having the skills and strong economy we need in a changing world. And all this while working people are having to deal with a cost of living crisis caused by a National Insurance tax hike, a cut to Universal Credit and rising prices for fuel, energy and food.

The world around us is changing and the current solutions don't go far enough. But that doesn't mean we can't build a better future. I believe in Britain where everyone has the chance to fulfil their ambition, where everyone can contribute to our national success, and where everyone's contribution to a healthy society, safe communities and a strong economy is properly rewarded.

Under my leadership Labour will face the challenges of the future head on. A Labour government would put future generations at the centre of our plan, with a focus on education, mental health, and undertaking a national mission for greener homes and lower energy bills.

I will never stop fighting for hardworking families. It's what motivated me as a prosecutor when I fought for justice for women and girls who had experienced violent crime. It's why I prosecuted Stephen Lawrence's killers when others said I shouldn't. And it's why I helped to put behind bars the terrorists who tried to bring down planes with liquid bombs. Your safety, this country's safety, will always be my priority.

I'm not going to promise the earth. You wouldn't believe me if I did. But I do believe we can make a difference. That starts with the dignity of work and the value of public service. Those are the values my Mum and Dad gave me. They're the values I've tried to pass on to my two kids. And they're what motivates me today.

Yours,
    Name:  Stronger Future Together_footer.png
Size:  176.5 KB
    Last edited by sandGroundZero; 10/12/2021 at 03:31 PM.

Likes / Dislikes
    Name:  David Lammy, Keir Starmer, Yvette Cooper and Rachel Reeves_Photograph: Stefan Rousseau PA.png
Size:  168.0 KB

Name:  G P R & J_crossing.png
Size:  144.7 KB
    Stuck in the 1960's?

Likes / Dislikes
    Name:  Stronger Future Together_Starmer2.png
Size:  246.7 KB
    Dear sandGroundZero,

Growing up, I never imagined writing a letter like this. My father was a toolmaker, and my mother was a nurse. Together they taught me about the dignity of work and the value of public service.

I come from an ordinary, hardworking family. I found I had a passion for making life better for families like mine. I chose the law as the way to do this, became the first person in my family to go to university, and started working to fight for others.

I'm a practical, down to earth person and if I see wrong, I want to put it right. I was lucky enough to rise to the top of my profession, becoming head of the Crown Prosecution Service, where I was responsible for prosecuting terrorists and criminal gangs.

So I'm not a career politician. My approach to politics is different. It's based on one thing: getting results. And that has never been more important for our country than now.

Britain stands at a crossroads. We have a choice. I know the path I'd want to lead the country along — I thing it's the country we all want to see — where you can expect the bright future you all deserve.

The challenges of our time are big — recovery from the pandemic, facing climate change, having the skills and strong economy we need in a changing world. And all this while working people are having to deal with a cost of living crisis caused by a National Insurance tax hike, a cut to Universal Credit and rising prices for fuel, energy and food.

The world around us is changing and the current solutions don't go far enough. But that doesn't mean we can't build a better future. I believe in Britain where everyone has the chance to fulfil their ambition, where everyone can contribute to our national success, and where everyone's contribution to a healthy society, safe communities and a strong economy is properly rewarded.

Under my leadership Labour will face the challenges of the future head on. A Labour government would put future generations at the centre of our plan, with a focus on education, mental health, and undertaking a national mission for greener homes and lower energy bills.

I will never stop fighting for hardworking families. It's what motivated me as a prosecutor when I fought for justice for women and girls who had experienced violent crime. It's why I prosecuted Stephen Lawrence's killers when others said I shouldn't. And it's why I helped to put behind bars the terrorists who tried to bring down planes with liquid bombs. Your safety, this country's safety, will always be my priority.

I'm not going to promise the earth. You wouldn't believe me if I did. But I do believe we can make a difference. That starts with the dignity of work and the value of public service. Those are the values my Mum and Dad gave me. They're the values I've tried to pass on to my two kids. And they're what motivates me today.

Yours,
    Name:  Stronger Future Together_footer.png
Size:  176.5 KB

Do we have to guess the finest tool his father made?

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamble View Post
    Do we have to guess the finest tool his father made?
    Wit is not dead, though that post could make you think so.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by bensherman View Post
    Wit is not dead, though that post could make you think so.
    I am pretty accurate on honesty though.

Likes / Dislikes
    Starmer is playing the only game he can at the moment,
    "hope Boris hangs himself"
    he knows he is not able to deal with him intellectually and Starmer could have a few Youtube videos of his lies to Parliament played.

Someone will bring back his misogyny at the CPS when "his complete ‘lack of interest in prosecuting horrendous crimes against women" a statement hard to argue with when presented with his record.

Boris's future is in Boris's hands everyone knows he has more faults than San Andreas but still voted him in by a country mile as he never pretended to be perfect.

Starmer on the other hand is pretending and that sets him up for the fall when the knives are out.

Looking across both benches in the house there isn't a perfect replacement available and probably never will be.

Indeed some old Labour dullards are even trotting out John Major was a decent person who didn't lie, which will come as quite a shock to Norma and the ghastly Edwina Currie and the countless other people he conned so he could sneak off and "tickle Edwinas eggs"

Likes / Dislikes

Thumbs down Starmer's Labour

Keir Starmer's
    letter to voters
    take away
    I'm from a hardworking
    family and I support
    hardworking families;
    not criminals,
    not terrorists!
    Britain stands at a crossroads. We have a choice. I know the path I'd want to lead the country along — I think it's the country we all want to see — where you can expect the bright future you all deserve.
    I'm not your
    usual politician;
    I believe
    in choice !
    The challenges of our time are big — recovery from the pandemic, facing climate change, having the skills and strong economy we need in a changing world. And all this while working people are having to deal with a cost of living crisis caused by a National Insurance tax hike, a cut to Universal Credit and rising prices for fuel, energy and food. See! I have a
    policy, or a
    cliché ?
    The world around us is changing and the current solutions don't go far enough. But that doesn't mean we can't build a better future. I believe in Britain where everyone has the chance to fulfil their ambition, where everyone can contribute to our national success, and where everyone's contribution to a healthy society, safe communities and a strong economy is properly rewarded. …anything
    to get you
    to like me
    I will never stop fighting for hardworking families. It's what motivated me as a prosecutor when I fought for justice for women and girls who had experienced violent crime. It's why I prosecuted Stephen Lawrence's killers when others said I shouldn't. And it's why I helped to put behind bars the terrorists who tried to bring down planes with liquid bombs. Your safety, this country's safety, will always be my priority. …yes, that
    was me! [though
    I had nothing
    to do with
    Jimmy
    Saville]
    I'm not going to promise the earth. You wouldn't believe me if I did. I'm not Jeremy Corbyn
    But I do believe we can make a difference. That starts with the dignity of work and the value of public service. Those are the values my Mum and Dad gave me. They're the values I've tried to pass on to my two kids. And they're what motivates me today. We're a hardworking
    family; just like you !

This is disappointing. Are they trying to build a leadership cult? Or offer some policies that differ from the Conservatives and /or the Liberal Democrats? If there is only three choices in Southport (again) at the next election, I may have to spoil my ballot as a demonstration of sheer discontent !

FirstFirst ... ... LastLast
Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK /
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in UK
Replacement Stove Glass in UK
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
UKUK News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)
UK MasksUK Face MasksUK KN95 MasksUK Disposable MasksUK Hand SanitiserUK Hand SanitizerUK PPEUK Bathroom SuppliesUK Cheap BathroomsUK Discount BathroomsUK Bathroom SalesUK Bathroom SuitesUK Bathroom TapsUK Basin TapsUK Bath TapsUK Kitchen TapsUK Free Standing Bath TapsUK Bath Mixer TapUK Bidet TapsUK Shower EnclosuresUK Bi Fold Shower DoorsUK Corner ShowersUK Pivot Shower DoorsUK Sliding Shower DoorsUK Shower Side PanelsUK Quadrant ShowersUK Shower TraysUK Wet-RoomsUK Bathroom ShowersUK Showers ValvesUK Showers RailsUK Showers HeadsUK Showers ArmsUK Showers HandsetsUK Showers JetsUK Showers ElbowsUK Toilet SeatsUK ToiletsUK BasinsUK Basin WastesUK Combined Toilet BasinUK Bathroom FurnitureUK BathsUK L Shaped BathUK P Shaped BathUK Bath ScreensUK SanitarywareUK Combined Toilet BasinUK StovesUK Wood StovesUK Home StovesUK Cooker StovesUK Enamel StovesUK Designer StovesUK Contemporary StovesUK Multi Fuel StovesUK Car ServicingUK MOTgUK TyresUK Car BatteryUK ExhaustUK Journalist JobsUK Reporter JobsUK Writing JobsUK Freelance WriterUK Self Employed JobsUK Franchise BusinessUK Franchise OpportunitiesUK Car InsuranceUK Cheap Car InsuranceUK Car Insurance BrokersUK Driving SchoolsUK Driving LessonsUK Driving TestUK Driving Theory TestUK Driving Instruction, 0000 UK Driving Instructor, 0000 UK VouchersUK DealsUK MatalanUK Railway SleepersUK Reclaimed SleepersUK New SleepersUK CoalUK House CoalUK Household CoalUK Smokeless CoalUK Smokeless FuelUK Coal BagsUK FirewoodUK Fire WoodUK Kiln Dried HardwoodUK Kiln Dried LogsUK Logs For SaleUK Log SuppliesUK LogsUK Firewood LogsUK Seasoned LogsUK Hardwood LogsUK Firewood SuppliersUK Firewood Log SuppliersUK Firewood Dumpy BagsUK Firewood CratesUK Cheap FirewoodUK Homefire LogsUK Cheap Firewood LogsUK Kindle ConesUK Pizza Oven LogsUK Heating OilUK Home Heating OilUK Red DieselUK White DieselUK KereseneUK Commercial FuelsUK Calor GasUK Propane GasUK Butane GasUK Heating GasUK Horse TrainingUK Horse TrainerUK Horse WhispererUK Equine WhispererUK Horse Whisperer Victoria SmithUK Rattan Garden FurnitureUK Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan SofaUK Rattan Dining SetUK Rattan DirectUK Cheap Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan Corner SofasUK Rattan Day BedsUK Rattan Sun LoungersUK Rattan Cube SetsUK Rattan Bistro SetsUK ChimeneasUK FirepitsUK Patio HeatersUK Hygiene VendingUK Washroom VendingUK Air FreshenersUK Air CareUK Aerosol SystemsUK Gel SystemsUK Water SavingUK Urinal Water SavingUK Eco CapsUK SensaflushUK Water ManagementUK Urinal DosingUK Urinal V ScreensUK Legionella Risk AssessmentUK Legionella Risk TestingUK Legionaires Risk AssessmentUK Legionella BacteriaUK Legionaires BacteriaUK Legionella ComplianceUK Legionella AdviceUK Legionella Landlords AdviceUK Legionella TestingUK Legionella CheckUK Legionella RegulationsUK Legionella Risk Assessment For LandlordsUK Legionella Water TestingUK Legionella QuoteUK Fire Stove GlassUK Heat Resistant GlassUK Fire GlassUK Stove GlassUK Fire Resistant GlassUK Replacement Stove GlassUK Glass For StovesUK Dust MatsUK Entrance MatsUK Reception MatsUK Anti Fatigue MatsUK Floor MatsUK Logo MatsUK London Washroom ServicesUK London Sanitary BinsUK London Shredding ServicesUK London Trade Waste DisposalUK London Legionella TestingUK London Clinical WasteUK Washroom ServicesUK Principal WashroomsUK Washrooms SuppliesUK Washrooms SolutionsUK Sanitary DisposalUK Sanitary BinsUK Sani BinsUK Lady BinsUK Feminine Hygiene UnitsUK Sanitary Waste DisposalUK Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Waste BinUK Sanitary Waste BinsUK Sanitary UnitsUK Feminine UnitsUK Hygiene ServicesUK Sanitary Bin SupplierUK Sanitary Bin RentalUK Sanitary Bin Rental ServicesUK Sanitary BinUK SanitarybinUK Feminine Hygiene BinsUK Female Santary BinUK Sani binUK Sani binsUK Sanibin RentalUK Sanitary BoxUK Sanitary BoxesUK Sanitary Bin QuoteUK Sanitary Bin PriceUK Sanitary Bin CostUK Sanitary Disposal QuoteUK Sanitary Disposal PriceUK Sanitary Disposal CostUK Free Duty of CareUK Tampon BinUK Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Tampon BinUK Sanitary Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Towel BinUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Feminine WasteUK Feminine Hygiene WasteUK Sanitary Waste RegulationsUK Sanitary Waste LawUK Sanitary Bins LawUK Sanitary Bins For Small BusinessUK Sanitary Bin Service CostUK Sanitary Bin Collection CostUK Disposal of Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Sanitary Towel DisposalUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK Biomass WasteUK Metal WasteUK Paper ShreddingUK Local ShreddingUK Secure ShreddingUK Confidential ShreddingUK Document DestructionUK Confidential WasteUK Confidential Waste ServiceUK Confidential Waste ServicesUK Confidential Waste ShreddingUK Confidential Waste DisposalUK Confidential Waste DestructionUK On Site ShreddingUK Off Site ShreddingUK One Off ShreddingUK Contract ShreddingUK GDPR ShreddingUK ShreddingUK Document ShreddingUK Shredding ServicesUK Mobile ShreddingUK Dental WasteUK Dental Waste DisposalUK Dental Waste LegislationUK Dental Waste ComplianceUK Accupuncture WasteUK Accupuncture Waste DisposalUK Accupuncture Waste CollectionAccupuncture Waste in UKAccupuncture Waste Disposal in UKAccupuncture Waste Collection in UKUK Acupuncture WasteUK Acupuncture Waste DisposalUK Acupuncture Waste CollectionUK Acupuncture Waste ServiceUK Acupuncture Clinical WasteUK Acupuncture SharpsUK Acupuncture NeedlesUK Beauty Salon Clincical WasteUK Beauty Salon MicrobladingUK Beauty Salon NeedlesUK Beauty Salon SharpsUK Tattoo WasteUK Tattoo Waste DisposalTattoo Waste in UKTattoo Waste Disposal in UKTattoo Waste Collection in UKTattoo Waste Compliance in UKTattoo Waste Services in UKTattoo Clinical Waste in UKTattoo Sharps in UKTattoo Needles in UKUK Sharps BinUK Sharps BinsUK Sharps CollectionUK Sharps DisposalUK Hazardous SharpsUK Non Hazardous SharpsUK Cytotoxic SharpsUK Cytostatic SharpsUK Ink BlockUK Wet_WasteUK Tattoo InkUK Drug DestructionUK Drug DisposalUK Drug DenaturingUK Unwanted DrugsUK Out Of Date DrugsUK Pest ControlUK Rodent ControlUK Bird ControlUK Bird ProofingUK Guano ControlUK Pest Call OutUK Pest PreventionUK Pest DeterrentUK Nursery WasteUK Nappy WasteUK Nappy BinUK Nappy BinsUK Nappy DisposalUK Nappy Wheelie BinUK Nursery Waste DisposalUK Nursery Waste CollectionUK Nappy Waste RegulationsUK Commercial Nappy WasteUK Nappy Disposal BinUK Nappy Waste CollectionUK Incontinence PadsUK Offensive WasteUK Human WasteUK Nursing Home WasteUK Care Home WasteUK Hazardous WasteUK Infectous WasteUK Pharmaceutical WasteUK Medicinal WasteUK Medicine WasteUK Infection ControlUK Hand SanitisersUK Clinical WasteUK Clinical Waste RemovalUK Clinical Waste CollectionUK Clinical Waste RegulationsUK Clinical Waste DisposalUK Clinical Waste ManagementUK Clinical Waste PolicyUK EA RegistrationSell my scrap van in UKWashroom Services in TarletonSanitary bins quoteGarden Services in SouthportGarden Services in OrmskirkGarden Services in FormybGarden Services in TarletonUK Path GravelUK Path GravelsUK GravelUK GravelsUK Garden Path GravelUK Decorative GravelsUK Cotswold GravelUK Bulk AggregatesUK Mass AggregatesUK Aggregates SuppliersUK Aggregate SuppliersUK Bulk Bags AggregatesUK Bulk BagsUK Mot Type 1UK Mot Type 2UK Top SoilUK Building SandUK Grit SandUK Fine SandUK Play SandUK Top Dressing SandUK Silica SandUK Mersey SandUK Kiln Dried SandUK Plastering SandUK Crusher RunUK DustUK BallestUK HardcoreUK GritUK Horticultural GritUK Alpine GritUK LimestoneUK GraniteUK Cotswold ChippingsUK Golden FlintUK MoonstoneUK Pea GravelUK Cheshire PinkUK Yorkshire CreamUK Derbyshire Peak StoneUK Green BallastUK Autumn GoldUK Pink GravelUK Blue SlateUK Plum SlateUK Grey SlateUK Welsh SlateUK Play BarkUK Chip BarkUK Christmas TreesUK Xmas TreesUK Artificial TreeUK Christmas Decorations