UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
FirstFirst ... ... LastLast
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Toodles McGinty View Post

This post gave me the best laugh I've had in weeks. Even better than 'Virus Wipe', which had me in stitches.

'Do not question my knowledge'. Priceless.
    A Q classic that really should be saved for posterity.

Welcome back, potty mouth

2. Likes Toodles McGinty liked this post

3. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Toodles McGinty View Post

This post gave me the best laugh I've had in weeks. Even better than 'Virus Wipe', which had me in stitches.

'Do not question my knowledge'. Priceless.

Sounds like a line from a Dalek

Do not question my knowledge
    Do not question my knowledge

Exterminate
    Exterminate

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by seivad View Post
    A Q classic that really should be saved for posterity.

Welcome back, potty mouth
    Thanks

'I am now losing patience'. I want to put that quote in my signature. It's the best ever. A bit Emperor Ming, a bit strict Catholic nun.

And my potty mouth so wanted to put an 'e' at the end of 'Emperor Ming'...

6. Likes seivad, silver fox liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Said has been put in lockdown for a couple of weeks:

1) To remind him to be polite to well liked long standing members.

2) To remind him that flouting government restrictions and disseminating misinformation is against the law.

It does not work like that. Laws are not made so that people can cherry pick those which suit them. A few posters on the site break the rules regularly.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamparilla View Post
    Does this include your information about coronavirus being a type of flu, or flue as you call it, and your medical advice to sufferers?

Absolutely! There is so much evidence I am surprised you have not even thought to question it. You are very quick to criticise me - but you do not criticise false news??

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by gsgsgs View Post
    I couldn't possibly question your knowledge as it is lacking in so many ways, as you continue to prove so eloquently. I agree, I have very little understanding of the COVID-19 virus I am not a trained professional in this field, that is why I take my information from legitimate sources.

I have no ladder to step down from, and willingly accept that people do have far more knowledge in certain fields than I do, safe in the belief that you most certainly are not one of them.

Whether or not I am coming across as being very silly in trying to educate you in the dangers of breaking government guidelines is for others to make their own mind up, frankly I don't care. I am confident in the belief that you come across as far sillier in almost every post you make either on this subject or most of your other posts & threads.

Don't fool yourself! But then again, there is no-one more qualified to do so, than you.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by said
    Absolutely! There is so much evidence I am surprised you have not even thought to question it. You are very quick to criticise me - but you do not criticise false news??
    Why don't you simply ask for a permanent ban, once and for all. For the sake of all of us. Then we won't have to read your American English either.
    Age is simply a matter of mind - age doesn't matter if you don't mind

11. Likes Alikado liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceam View Post
    God you talk some crap.

It is a British eccentricity, or had that passed you by?

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamparilla View Post
    I've read 3 different sources of that story, and they all say that they didn't get enough applications from British workers to fill all the vacancies, so that bit of the OP was presumably made up.

Not at all! Check out the adverts yourself, then you will know personally.

Likes / Dislikes
    First of all, happy birthday to Elisif! Thank goodness the day centre was closed and Elisif wasn't put in danger.

By TTDH (things that didn't happen), I meant Said's claim that he was talking to a care home worker. An imaginary acquaintance who hadn't heard of any cases/deaths in Southport care homes. Said's way of proving that Covid-19 isn't really a danger to the elderly. My link to 8 deaths at one Southport care home prove otherwise. Nation wide the figure is in the thousands.
    My sympathies to Derek, it must be very distressing to listen to the news and know how closely those reports affect you. I cannot make people believe what they don't want to believe, but in opposition to the media claims which have been critisised highly by REAL medical experts - there is no more danger to those already suffering from illnesses than there would be from any infection. If Elisif, bless her, is able to attend day centres, then the lady must be pretty healthy despite her disability. This virus is very mild, nothing on the level we have seen in previous years i.e. 2018. If Elisif can withstand say a common cold, then it is more than likely that the lady would survive this virus.

Bear these facts in mind:
    1. In February of this year, Covid 19 was downgraded from a highly contagious outbreak to a normally contagious outbreak. This was on the government website.
    2. You will notice that now the media is not referring to COVID 19, it merely states Coronavirus - which can be anything from the common cold.
    3. On three separate occasions, the figures given from the model of the outbreak have had to be revised as being highly overstated.
    4. The person responsible for creating the electronic model and passing information to the government, has on four previous occasions given well overstated advice on similar outbreaks.
    5. It is not possible to be able to program a computer to create a model based on humanity. How can one forecast how many people would be immune, what kinds of lifestyle various people are living, how many people are feeling under the weather due to diets, etc., all these affect whether certain people will contract the disease and how their immune system will fight it. Each of these individual factors cannot be made to form a pattern, they will vary each year - to program a computer, one has to have a pattern of events.
    6. The media were first claiming that a number of people died FROM C19, this was totally misleading, they may have died WITH it, but it would be rare to die from such a mild virus. I have evidence to show that from the Lancet medical journal - but it is very lengthy.
    7. The number of deaths this year for the months December to April, are LOWER than the numbers who have died in each of the previous five years. This is shown on the Government Statistics, and from that same evidence there is graphical representation to prove that the virus peaked in the last week of March.
    8. There are a huge number of reports from NHS staff who claim that their hospitals have never been so quiet. It is reported that NHS hospital cases are a ONE THIRD DOWN to normal years.

There is ample proof to back up everything I say - but then I do not watch television where several programmes will be tailored to convince people, as will the news programmes, and all the published media. People have short memories, they have been misled several times in the past.

I am angry and I am annoyed that so many very vulnerable people have been frightened unnecessarily over this issue. But if you opened your horizons, you would see that there are a huge number of people who at the very least, are suspicious of the claims being made.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by local View Post
    It is entirely obvious that coming out of a simple stay at home lockdown gradually will produce ambiguities.

Almost every country is doing it.

How could any government produce a personal written method statement for every idiot which it appears they want.

There are 67 million of us ffs there is bound to be conflictions.

Stay alert there are fools about.

Then, by the same logic - don't you find it rather odd that with such a huge number as a World population - with all the variations of every single person, in addition to a virus that will survive according to climate temperature and conditions - that some 'Expert' can create a model of a contagion and forecast its distribution? Your last sentence sums that up.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by local View Post
    The constant whining from people obsessed with picking at the people who are trying to manage the country's biggest disaster since WW2 is so wearing.

Even the most blinkered left wing bigot surely doesn't think any member of the government or the advising scientists are actively trying to make the situation worse.

The reality is the whole world is struggling with this especially if they were previously "open to the world" as we were.

Some countries are now getting relapses.

Dr.Falzarano received his PhD from the Department of MedicalMicrobiology at the University of Manitoba in 2010 for determiningthe functional importance of post-translation modifications of Ebolavirus glycoproteins. He then completed a post-doc at Rocky MountainLaboratories, part of the National Institute of Allergy andInfectious Disease, in Hamilton, MT where he investigated antiviralstrategies for Ebola and Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus(MERS-CoV). This included the development of a new animal model andthe first potential treatment for MERS-CoV. Dr. Falzarano joinedVIDO-InterVac as a Research Scientist in 2014.
    It’sthe first time I’ve been involved in something like this wherethere seems to be so much active disinformation spread,” saidFalzarano. “Things coming out that are just nonsense, and then arepicked up by the media.”
    Wedon’t freak out about seasonal flu, we experience it every year,”said Matthew Miller, a microbiologist who studies viruses at McMasterUniversity. “The people most likely to die from seasonal flu arethe elderly and the very young … The same is very likely to be truewith this new coronavirus outbreak. The people who are at highestrisk are the people at the highest risk for any type of infection.”
    Asevidence of the severity and transmissabilty of 2019-nCoV tricklesin, infectious-disease experts say it’s appearing less menacingthan first thought, maybe more like seasonal flu than, say, SARS.National Post

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by said View Post
    There are a huge number of reports from NHS staff who claim that their hospitals have never been so quiet. It is reported that NHS hospital cases are a ONE THIRD DOWN to normal years.
    1) With motor traffic being replaces on the roads by cyclists/walkers/joggers, etc, there will be way less casualties from serious rtc's (traffic accidents).

2) All pubs and clubs are shut, which means virtually no victims of alcohol-fuelled fights where 'p'-heads have habitually gathered.

3) People in general are very reluctant to leave their homes for fear of becoming infected, which includes avoiding visits to hospitals. They are even viewed with suspicion by some, as places where they could actually catch the virus.

4) Potential patients with health complaints are also holding off from going to hospital, in the belief that it leaves NHS staff free to deal with the pandemic victims.

When you add the above reasons all together, it's no surprise at all
    that overall admissions are down.
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

18. Likes Toodles McGinty liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Is this the end of lockdown
    Certainly appears so.

What was it...? About two weeks for you?

20. Likes Toodles McGinty liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    My sympathies to Derek, it must be very distressing to listen to the news and know how closely those reports affect you. I cannot make people believe what they don't want to believe, but in opposition to the media claims which have been critisised highly by REAL medical experts - there is no more danger to those already suffering from illnesses than there would be from any infection. If Elisif, bless her, is able to attend day centres, then the lady must be pretty healthy despite her disability. This virus is very mild, nothing on the level we have seen in previous years i.e. 2018. If Elisif can withstand say a common cold, then it is more than likely that the lady would survive this virus.

Bear these facts in mind:
    1. In February of this year, Covid 19 was downgraded from a highly contagious outbreak to a normally contagious outbreak. This was on the government website.
    2. You will notice that now the media is not referring to COVID 19, it merely states Coronavirus - which can be anything from the common cold.
    3. On three separate occasions, the figures given from the model of the outbreak have had to be revised as being highly overstated.
    4. The person responsible for creating the electronic model and passing information to the government, has on four previous occasions given well overstated advice on similar outbreaks.
    5. It is not possible to be able to program a computer to create a model based on humanity. How can one forecast how many people would be immune, what kinds of lifestyle various people are living, how many people are feeling under the weather due to diets, etc., all these affect whether certain people will contract the disease and how their immune system will fight it. Each of these individual factors cannot be made to form a pattern, they will vary each year - to program a computer, one has to have a pattern of events.
    6. The media were first claiming that a number of people died FROM C19, this was totally misleading, they may have died WITH it, but it would be rare to die from such a mild virus. I have evidence to show that from the Lancet medical journal - but it is very lengthy.
    7. The number of deaths this year for the months December to April, are LOWER than the numbers who have died in each of the previous five years. This is shown on the Government Statistics, and from that same evidence there is graphical representation to prove that the virus peaked in the last week of March.
    8. There are a huge number of reports from NHS staff who claim that their hospitals have never been so quiet. It is reported that NHS hospital cases are a ONE THIRD DOWN to normal years.

There is ample proof to back up everything I say - but then I do not watch television where several programmes will be tailored to convince people, as will the news programmes, and all the published media. People have short memories, they have been misled several times in the past.

I am angry and I am annoyed that so many very vulnerable people have been frightened unnecessarily over this issue. But if you opened your horizons, you would see that there are a huge number of people who at the very least, are suspicious of the claims being made.
    Usual BS from you, ONS this morning stats show 50,000 excess deaths over the usual average for this time of the year, certainly not less no matter how you try.

Hospitals overall are quieter, what a surprise, elective treatment cancelled or delayed, A&E obviously quieter for reasons that are obvious to anyone with more than two functional brain cells.

Your reasoning on cause of death is as usual total nonsense, sure death may be from organ failure of many types, but that organ failure is a result of the C-19 virus, it’s like saying a victim of shooting or stabbing died from heart failure.

22. Likes seivad, Toodles McGinty liked this post
FirstFirst ... ... LastLast
Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK /
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in UK
Replacement Stove Glass in UK
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
UKUK News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)
UK MasksUK Face MasksUK KN95 MasksUK Disposable MasksUK Hand SanitiserUK Hand SanitizerUK PPEUK Bathroom SuppliesUK Cheap BathroomsUK Discount BathroomsUK Bathroom SalesUK Bathroom SuitesUK Bathroom TapsUK Basin TapsUK Bath TapsUK Kitchen TapsUK Free Standing Bath TapsUK Bath Mixer TapUK Bidet TapsUK Shower EnclosuresUK Bi Fold Shower DoorsUK Corner ShowersUK Pivot Shower DoorsUK Sliding Shower DoorsUK Shower Side PanelsUK Quadrant ShowersUK Shower TraysUK Wet-RoomsUK Bathroom ShowersUK Showers ValvesUK Showers RailsUK Showers HeadsUK Showers ArmsUK Showers HandsetsUK Showers JetsUK Showers ElbowsUK Toilet SeatsUK ToiletsUK BasinsUK Basin WastesUK Combined Toilet BasinUK Bathroom FurnitureUK BathsUK L Shaped BathUK P Shaped BathUK Bath ScreensUK SanitarywareUK Combined Toilet BasinUK StovesUK Wood StovesUK Home StovesUK Cooker StovesUK Enamel StovesUK Designer StovesUK Contemporary StovesUK Multi Fuel StovesUK Car ServicingUK MOTgUK TyresUK Car BatteryUK ExhaustUK Journalist JobsUK Reporter JobsUK Writing JobsUK Freelance WriterUK Self Employed JobsUK Franchise BusinessUK Franchise OpportunitiesUK Car InsuranceUK Cheap Car InsuranceUK Car Insurance BrokersUK Driving SchoolsUK Driving LessonsUK Driving TestUK Driving Theory TestUK Driving Instruction, 0000 UK Driving Instructor, 0000 UK VouchersUK DealsUK MatalanUK Railway SleepersUK Reclaimed SleepersUK New SleepersUK CoalUK House CoalUK Household CoalUK Smokeless CoalUK Smokeless FuelUK Coal BagsUK FirewoodUK Fire WoodUK Kiln Dried HardwoodUK Kiln Dried LogsUK Logs For SaleUK Log SuppliesUK LogsUK Firewood LogsUK Seasoned LogsUK Hardwood LogsUK Firewood SuppliersUK Firewood Log SuppliersUK Firewood Dumpy BagsUK Firewood CratesUK Cheap FirewoodUK Homefire LogsUK Cheap Firewood LogsUK Kindle ConesUK Pizza Oven LogsUK Heating OilUK Home Heating OilUK Red DieselUK White DieselUK KereseneUK Commercial FuelsUK Calor GasUK Propane GasUK Butane GasUK Heating GasUK Horse TrainingUK Horse TrainerUK Horse WhispererUK Equine WhispererUK Horse Whisperer Victoria SmithUK Rattan Garden FurnitureUK Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan SofaUK Rattan Dining SetUK Rattan DirectUK Cheap Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan Corner SofasUK Rattan Day BedsUK Rattan Sun LoungersUK Rattan Cube SetsUK Rattan Bistro SetsUK ChimeneasUK FirepitsUK Patio HeatersUK Hygiene VendingUK Washroom VendingUK Air FreshenersUK Air CareUK Aerosol SystemsUK Gel SystemsUK Water SavingUK Urinal Water SavingUK Eco CapsUK SensaflushUK Water ManagementUK Urinal DosingUK Urinal V ScreensUK Legionella Risk AssessmentUK Legionella Risk TestingUK Legionaires Risk AssessmentUK Legionella BacteriaUK Legionaires BacteriaUK Legionella ComplianceUK Legionella AdviceUK Legionella Landlords AdviceUK Legionella TestingUK Legionella CheckUK Legionella RegulationsUK Legionella Risk Assessment For LandlordsUK Legionella Water TestingUK Legionella QuoteUK Fire Stove GlassUK Heat Resistant GlassUK Fire GlassUK Stove GlassUK Fire Resistant GlassUK Replacement Stove GlassUK Glass For StovesUK Dust MatsUK Entrance MatsUK Reception MatsUK Anti Fatigue MatsUK Floor MatsUK Logo MatsUK London Washroom ServicesUK London Sanitary BinsUK London Shredding ServicesUK London Trade Waste DisposalUK London Legionella TestingUK London Clinical WasteUK Washroom ServicesUK Principal WashroomsUK Washrooms SuppliesUK Washrooms SolutionsUK Sanitary DisposalUK Sanitary BinsUK Sani BinsUK Lady BinsUK Feminine Hygiene UnitsUK Sanitary Waste DisposalUK Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Waste BinUK Sanitary Waste BinsUK Sanitary UnitsUK Feminine UnitsUK Hygiene ServicesUK Sanitary Bin SupplierUK Sanitary Bin RentalUK Sanitary Bin Rental ServicesUK Sanitary BinUK SanitarybinUK Feminine Hygiene BinsUK Female Santary BinUK Sani binUK Sani binsUK Sanibin RentalUK Sanitary BoxUK Sanitary BoxesUK Sanitary Bin QuoteUK Sanitary Bin PriceUK Sanitary Bin CostUK Sanitary Disposal QuoteUK Sanitary Disposal PriceUK Sanitary Disposal CostUK Free Duty of CareUK Tampon BinUK Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Tampon BinUK Sanitary Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Towel BinUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Feminine WasteUK Feminine Hygiene WasteUK Sanitary Waste RegulationsUK Sanitary Waste LawUK Sanitary Bins LawUK Sanitary Bins For Small BusinessUK Sanitary Bin Service CostUK Sanitary Bin Collection CostUK Disposal of Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Sanitary Towel DisposalUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK Biomass WasteUK Metal WasteUK Paper ShreddingUK Local ShreddingUK Secure ShreddingUK Confidential ShreddingUK Document DestructionUK Confidential WasteUK Confidential Waste ServiceUK Confidential Waste ServicesUK Confidential Waste ShreddingUK Confidential Waste DisposalUK Confidential Waste DestructionUK On Site ShreddingUK Off Site ShreddingUK One Off ShreddingUK Contract ShreddingUK GDPR ShreddingUK ShreddingUK Document ShreddingUK Shredding ServicesUK Mobile ShreddingUK Dental WasteUK Dental Waste DisposalUK Dental Waste LegislationUK Dental Waste ComplianceUK Accupuncture WasteUK Accupuncture Waste DisposalUK Accupuncture Waste CollectionAccupuncture Waste in UKAccupuncture Waste Disposal in UKAccupuncture Waste Collection in UKUK Acupuncture WasteUK Acupuncture Waste DisposalUK Acupuncture Waste CollectionUK Acupuncture Waste ServiceUK Acupuncture Clinical WasteUK Acupuncture SharpsUK Acupuncture NeedlesUK Beauty Salon Clincical WasteUK Beauty Salon MicrobladingUK Beauty Salon NeedlesUK Beauty Salon SharpsUK Tattoo WasteUK Tattoo Waste DisposalTattoo Waste in UKTattoo Waste Disposal in UKTattoo Waste Collection in UKTattoo Waste Compliance in UKTattoo Waste Services in UKTattoo Clinical Waste in UKTattoo Sharps in UKTattoo Needles in UKUK Sharps BinUK Sharps BinsUK Sharps CollectionUK Sharps DisposalUK Hazardous SharpsUK Non Hazardous SharpsUK Cytotoxic SharpsUK Cytostatic SharpsUK Ink BlockUK Wet_WasteUK Tattoo InkUK Drug DestructionUK Drug DisposalUK Drug DenaturingUK Unwanted DrugsUK Out Of Date DrugsUK Pest ControlUK Rodent ControlUK Bird ControlUK Bird ProofingUK Guano ControlUK Pest Call OutUK Pest PreventionUK Pest DeterrentUK Nursery WasteUK Nappy WasteUK Nappy BinUK Nappy BinsUK Nappy DisposalUK Nappy Wheelie BinUK Nursery Waste DisposalUK Nursery Waste CollectionUK Nappy Waste RegulationsUK Commercial Nappy WasteUK Nappy Disposal BinUK Nappy Waste CollectionUK Incontinence PadsUK Offensive WasteUK Human WasteUK Nursing Home WasteUK Care Home WasteUK Hazardous WasteUK Infectous WasteUK Pharmaceutical WasteUK Medicinal WasteUK Medicine WasteUK Infection ControlUK Hand SanitisersUK Clinical WasteUK Clinical Waste RemovalUK Clinical Waste CollectionUK Clinical Waste RegulationsUK Clinical Waste DisposalUK Clinical Waste ManagementUK Clinical Waste PolicyUK EA RegistrationSell my scrap van in UKWashroom Services in TarletonSanitary bins quoteGarden Services in SouthportGarden Services in OrmskirkGarden Services in FormybGarden Services in TarletonUK Path GravelUK Path GravelsUK GravelUK GravelsUK Garden Path GravelUK Decorative GravelsUK Cotswold GravelUK Bulk AggregatesUK Mass AggregatesUK Aggregates SuppliersUK Aggregate SuppliersUK Bulk Bags AggregatesUK Bulk BagsUK Mot Type 1UK Mot Type 2UK Top SoilUK Building SandUK Grit SandUK Fine SandUK Play SandUK Top Dressing SandUK Silica SandUK Mersey SandUK Kiln Dried SandUK Plastering SandUK Crusher RunUK DustUK BallestUK HardcoreUK GritUK Horticultural GritUK Alpine GritUK LimestoneUK GraniteUK Cotswold ChippingsUK Golden FlintUK MoonstoneUK Pea GravelUK Cheshire PinkUK Yorkshire CreamUK Derbyshire Peak StoneUK Green BallastUK Autumn GoldUK Pink GravelUK Blue SlateUK Plum SlateUK Grey SlateUK Welsh SlateUK Play BarkUK Chip BarkUK Christmas TreesUK Xmas TreesUK Artificial TreeUK Christmas Decorations