UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found

1. Sap33 says:21/09/2020 04:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by libraryguy View Post
    And I'm not anti-bike. What I AM "anti", is anyone who uses the roads and doesn't follow the rules of the road. It just so happens that on my travels the vast majority of those I see breaking rules are cyclists. Yes, I do see motor vehicles too.

Then we have to suffer stupid schemes to help cyclists and block roads for cars when the majority of vehicular movement is motor-driven.

Sefton council are killing Southport.
    Not anti-bike? I’m glad you cleared that up as your last post would suggest otherwise!

Reading some of your other posts on other threads you imply that there are hardly any cyclists about, yet here you are saying the vast majority of those you see breaking rules are cyclists.

As I’ve said, I’m all for enforcement, across the board and it annoys me no end when I see cyclists blatantly ignoring the rules.

2. Likes donkey22 liked this post
    Dislikes Little Londoner disliked this post

3. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk

Your Comments:

4. libraryguy says:21/09/2020 08:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sap33 View Post
    Not anti-bike? I’m glad you cleared that up as your last post would suggest otherwise!

Reading some of your other posts on other threads you imply that there are hardly any cyclists about, yet here you are saying the vast majority of those you see breaking rules are cyclists.

As I’ve said, I’m all for enforcement, across the board and it annoys me no end when I see cyclists blatantly ignoring the rules.
    In relation to motor vehicles, cyclists are a minority. However, sad to say that the majority of cyclists that I've seen on Southport's roads, and elsewhere, do not obey the Highway Code. They ignore red lights and all the other signs to keep everyone safe. They get provided for with cycle routes and lanes, then what do you see them doing... holding up traffic as they're using the damn road.

Complain when they don't have dedicated & segregated cycles routes, but don't use them when they are!!

They're Mad!!!

5. Likes Little Londoner liked this post
    Dislikes donkey22 disliked this post
  6. Sap33 says:21/09/2020 08:30 PM
    In relation to motor vehicles, cyclists are a minority. However, sad to say that the majority of cyclists that I've seen on Southport's roads, and elsewhere, do not obey the Highway Code. They ignore red lights and all the other signs to keep everyone safe. They get provided for with cycle routes and lanes, then what do you see them doing... holding up traffic as they're using the damn road.

Complain when they don't have dedicated & segregated cycles routes, but don't use them when they are!!

They're Mad!!!
    If you read through this thread, my first comment I’ve said in reply to the original post about Chapel Street opening to cycling is a bad idea. I’ve also actually said:-

‘ Before the proposed changes, there were more than 5 cyclists a day in Chapel Street ignoring the signs!’

You seem to have a major problem with cyclists as All you seem to go on about is how they don’t stop for red lights and how they all break the laws, but completely ignore that drivers also break laws. (‘But at least motorists obey red lights’ has got to be one of your funniest lines!) How about coming up with a bit more of a balanced argument, you’re sounding like a broken record.

7. Likes donkey22 liked this post
  8. Little Londoner says:22/09/2020 09:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sap33 View Post

You seem to have a major problem with cyclists as All you seem to go on about is how they don’t stop for red lights and how they all break the laws, but completely ignore that drivers also break laws. (‘But at least motorists obey red lights’ has got to be one of your funniest lines!) How about coming up with a bit more of a balanced argument, you’re sounding like a broken record.
    But TRUE unfortunately as has been pointed out many times by many different people THE MAJORITY OF CYCLISTS DON'T ABIDE WITH THE HIGHWAY CODE.

I've explained more than enough times about my years of cycling, serious cycling, and the antics of today's idiots is beyond belief. When I was working I'd be going out on a dark winter morning 4/5/6 a.m. the number of postmen riding to work without lights, the number of paper boys and girls dressed all in black without lights, it goes on and on. The idiot tells us cyclists can use the pavement when the road is extremely busy or narrowed due to parked vehicles but what I can't understand is why when there is no traffic of note youths will be flying along the pavement without regard for anyone is it too much to ask for a couple of words that means nothing to most people nowadays RESPECT and CONSIDERATION.

I have asked this question before but no one answered what is a pop up cycle that these unused lanes have been provided for.

9. Dislikes Sap33, donkey22 disliked this post
  10. Little Londoner says:22/09/2020 09:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sandGroundZero View Post
    Cyclists (& skateboards, etc.) on Chapel St. have been commonplace before now.
    Will pedestrians be very surprised?

Before this scheme, I have often approached Chapel St from Hoghton St. and been faced with the choice of dismounting and pushing my bicycle,.
    Choice ?? Were No Cycling signs not the answer to your choice.

11. Dislikes Sap33, donkey22 disliked this post
  12. Sap33 says:22/09/2020 10:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Londoner View Post
    But TRUE unfortunately as has been pointed out many times by many different people THE MAJORITY OF CYCLISTS DON'T ABIDE WITH THE HIGHWAY CODE.

I've explained more than enough times about my years of cycling, serious cycling, and the antics of today's idiots is beyond belief. When I was working I'd be going out on a dark winter morning 4/5/6 a.m. the number of postmen riding to work without lights, the number of paper boys and girls dressed all in black without lights, it goes on and on. The idiot tells us cyclists can use the pavement when the road is extremely busy or narrowed due to parked vehicles but what I can't understand is why when there is no traffic of note youths will be flying along the pavement without regard for anyone is it too much to ask for a couple of words that means nothing to most people nowadays RESPECT and CONSIDERATION.

I have asked this question before but no one answered what is a pop up cycle that these unused lanes have been provided for.
    You also, without evidence suggested that going out with you would show me what a crap driver I am, I posted up my driving qualifications and you seem to ignore every comment taking you up on this offer!

I agree that there are cyclists who don’t abide by the rules and, as I keep saying, I fully support enforcement. I’m also a big advocate for RESPECT and CONSIDERATION, it’s a two way thing though, I’ve lost count of the number of idiots in cars who don’t show either.

As for your claims how it is the majority, of cyclists who don’t abide by the Highway Code, if you can prove it, show me the facts?

As for what you say in relation to riding on pavements:-

Firstly, the legislation doesn't refer to pavements, and neither does it refer to cyclists. That's important because there are tracks and shared use paths where cycling is not illegal.
    It's an offence to drive a carriage on "any footpath or causeway by the side of any road made or set apart for the use or accommodation of foot passengers", essentially a footway next to the highway (different but equivalent legislation applies in Scotland).
    The law also applies to children, but as those under ten are below the age of criminal responsibility they can't be prosecuted (watch out in Scotland however, where criminal responsibility starts at eight, though the Scottish Government has announced plans to increase this to twelve). Being too young to prosecute unfortunately didn't stop a policeman in Lincolnshire threatening to confiscate a four year-old's bike after he spotted her cycling along the pavement in 2015.
    Fortunately, when FPNs were introduced for pavement cycling in 1999, Home Office Minister Paul Boateng issued guidance saying that: "The introduction of the fixed penalty is not aimed at responsible cyclists who sometimes feel obliged to use the pavement out of fear of traffic and who show consideration to other pavement users when doing so. Chief Police Officers who are responsible for enforcement, acknowledge that many cyclists, particularly children and young people, are afraid to cycle on the road, sensitivity and careful use of police discretion is required".
    The Home Office guidance was re-affirmed in 2014 by the then Cycling Minister Robert Goodwill, who agreed that the police should use discretion in enforcing the law and recommended that the matter be taken up with the Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO). ACPO welcomed the renewed guidance, circulated it to all forces, and issued a statement referring to "discretion in taking a reasonable and proportionate approach, with safety being a guiding principle".
    To summarise, cycling on the pavement is still an offence, but there is clear guidance that the police are supposed to exercise discretion.
    And finally on pavements, remember that on segregated cycle tracks the pedestrian side remains a footway, so if you cycle into the pedestrian side to pass a pedestrian in the cycle lane you technically commit a pavement cycling offence. There's an anomaly because cyclists have to ride on their side, but pedestrians are only advised to use theirs.

The pop up cycle lanes are in response to the increased use of cycles over the Lockdown period, they can be ‘popped’ back down if proven to not be of value.
    Last edited by Sap33; 22/09/2020 at 11:10 AM.

13. Alikado says:22/09/2020 12:07 PM
    Without enforcement nobody will abide by the Highway Code.

14. salus.populi says:22/09/2020 03:52 PM
    But at least motorists obey red lights and traffic flow on one-way streets. We don't weave all over the roads and footpaths, in the face of oncoming traffic and when we see a red light we don't mount the kerb and drive over the pedestrian crossing to carry on our journey unhindered.
    Really? You need to walk up London Street regularly at witness private cars in the bus /cycle/taxi lane all day long.

Today I witnessed a 4x4 turn off the Prom onto the Marine Way Bridge and promptly ignore the keep left sign and swung into the right hand lane an proceeded for 200 yards over the crest of the bridge on the wrong side of the road.

15. Likes Sap33, donkey22 liked this post
  16. Sap33 says:22/09/2020 04:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by salus.populi View Post
    Really? You need to walk up London Street regularly at witness private cars in the bus /cycle/taxi lane all day long.

Today I witnessed a 4x4 turn off the Prom onto the Marine Way Bridge and promptly ignore the keep left sign and swung into the right hand lane an proceeded for 200 yards over the crest of the bridge on the wrong side of the road.
    They were obviously cyclists in disguise! :-D

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK /
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in UK
Replacement Stove Glass in UK
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
UKUK News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)
UK MasksUK Face MasksUK KN95 MasksUK Disposable MasksUK Hand SanitiserUK Hand SanitizerUK PPEUK Bathroom SuppliesUK Cheap BathroomsUK Discount BathroomsUK Bathroom SalesUK Bathroom SuitesUK Bathroom TapsUK Basin TapsUK Bath TapsUK Kitchen TapsUK Free Standing Bath TapsUK Bath Mixer TapUK Bidet TapsUK Shower EnclosuresUK Bi Fold Shower DoorsUK Corner ShowersUK Pivot Shower DoorsUK Sliding Shower DoorsUK Shower Side PanelsUK Quadrant ShowersUK Shower TraysUK Wet-RoomsUK Bathroom ShowersUK Showers ValvesUK Showers RailsUK Showers HeadsUK Showers ArmsUK Showers HandsetsUK Showers JetsUK Showers ElbowsUK Toilet SeatsUK ToiletsUK BasinsUK Basin WastesUK Combined Toilet BasinUK Bathroom FurnitureUK BathsUK L Shaped BathUK P Shaped BathUK Bath ScreensUK SanitarywareUK Combined Toilet BasinUK StovesUK Wood StovesUK Home StovesUK Cooker StovesUK Enamel StovesUK Designer StovesUK Contemporary StovesUK Multi Fuel StovesUK Car ServicingUK MOTgUK TyresUK Car BatteryUK ExhaustUK Journalist JobsUK Reporter JobsUK Writing JobsUK Freelance WriterUK Self Employed JobsUK Franchise BusinessUK Franchise OpportunitiesUK Car InsuranceUK Cheap Car InsuranceUK Car Insurance BrokersUK Driving SchoolsUK Driving LessonsUK Driving TestUK Driving Theory TestUK Driving Instruction, 0000 UK Driving Instructor, 0000 UK VouchersUK DealsUK MatalanUK Railway SleepersUK Reclaimed SleepersUK New SleepersUK CoalUK House CoalUK Household CoalUK Smokeless CoalUK Smokeless FuelUK Coal BagsUK FirewoodUK Fire WoodUK Kiln Dried HardwoodUK Kiln Dried LogsUK Logs For SaleUK Log SuppliesUK LogsUK Firewood LogsUK Seasoned LogsUK Hardwood LogsUK Firewood SuppliersUK Firewood Log SuppliersUK Firewood Dumpy BagsUK Firewood CratesUK Cheap FirewoodUK Homefire LogsUK Cheap Firewood LogsUK Kindle ConesUK Pizza Oven LogsUK Heating OilUK Home Heating OilUK Red DieselUK White DieselUK KereseneUK Commercial FuelsUK Calor GasUK Propane GasUK Butane GasUK Heating GasUK Horse TrainingUK Horse TrainerUK Horse WhispererUK Equine WhispererUK Horse Whisperer Victoria SmithUK Rattan Garden FurnitureUK Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan SofaUK Rattan Dining SetUK Rattan DirectUK Cheap Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan Corner SofasUK Rattan Day BedsUK Rattan Sun LoungersUK Rattan Cube SetsUK Rattan Bistro SetsUK ChimeneasUK FirepitsUK Patio HeatersUK Hygiene VendingUK Washroom VendingUK Air FreshenersUK Air CareUK Aerosol SystemsUK Gel SystemsUK Water SavingUK Urinal Water SavingUK Eco CapsUK SensaflushUK Water ManagementUK Urinal DosingUK Urinal V ScreensUK Legionella Risk AssessmentUK Legionella Risk TestingUK Legionaires Risk AssessmentUK Legionella BacteriaUK Legionaires BacteriaUK Legionella ComplianceUK Legionella AdviceUK Legionella Landlords AdviceUK Legionella TestingUK Legionella CheckUK Legionella RegulationsUK Legionella Risk Assessment For LandlordsUK Legionella Water TestingUK Legionella QuoteUK Fire Stove GlassUK Heat Resistant GlassUK Fire GlassUK Stove GlassUK Fire Resistant GlassUK Replacement Stove GlassUK Glass For StovesUK Dust MatsUK Entrance MatsUK Reception MatsUK Anti Fatigue MatsUK Floor MatsUK Logo MatsUK London Washroom ServicesUK London Sanitary BinsUK London Shredding ServicesUK London Trade Waste DisposalUK London Legionella TestingUK London Clinical WasteUK Washroom ServicesUK Principal WashroomsUK Washrooms SuppliesUK Washrooms SolutionsUK Sanitary DisposalUK Sanitary BinsUK Sani BinsUK Lady BinsUK Feminine Hygiene UnitsUK Sanitary Waste DisposalUK Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Waste BinUK Sanitary Waste BinsUK Sanitary UnitsUK Feminine UnitsUK Hygiene ServicesUK Sanitary Bin SupplierUK Sanitary Bin RentalUK Sanitary Bin Rental ServicesUK Sanitary BinUK SanitarybinUK Feminine Hygiene BinsUK Female Santary BinUK Sani binUK Sani binsUK Sanibin RentalUK Sanitary BoxUK Sanitary BoxesUK Sanitary Bin QuoteUK Sanitary Bin PriceUK Sanitary Bin CostUK Sanitary Disposal QuoteUK Sanitary Disposal PriceUK Sanitary Disposal CostUK Free Duty of CareUK Tampon BinUK Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Tampon BinUK Sanitary Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Towel BinUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Feminine WasteUK Feminine Hygiene WasteUK Sanitary Waste RegulationsUK Sanitary Waste LawUK Sanitary Bins LawUK Sanitary Bins For Small BusinessUK Sanitary Bin Service CostUK Sanitary Bin Collection CostUK Disposal of Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Sanitary Towel DisposalUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK Biomass WasteUK Metal WasteUK Paper ShreddingUK Local ShreddingUK Secure ShreddingUK Confidential ShreddingUK Document DestructionUK Confidential WasteUK Confidential Waste ServiceUK Confidential Waste ServicesUK Confidential Waste ShreddingUK Confidential Waste DisposalUK Confidential Waste DestructionUK On Site ShreddingUK Off Site ShreddingUK One Off ShreddingUK Contract ShreddingUK GDPR ShreddingUK ShreddingUK Document ShreddingUK Shredding ServicesUK Mobile ShreddingUK Dental WasteUK Dental Waste DisposalUK Dental Waste LegislationUK Dental Waste ComplianceUK Accupuncture WasteUK Accupuncture Waste DisposalUK Accupuncture Waste CollectionAccupuncture Waste in UKAccupuncture Waste Disposal in UKAccupuncture Waste Collection in UKUK Acupuncture WasteUK Acupuncture Waste DisposalUK Acupuncture Waste CollectionUK Acupuncture Waste ServiceUK Acupuncture Clinical WasteUK Acupuncture SharpsUK Acupuncture NeedlesUK Beauty Salon Clincical WasteUK Beauty Salon MicrobladingUK Beauty Salon NeedlesUK Beauty Salon SharpsUK Tattoo WasteUK Tattoo Waste DisposalTattoo Waste in UKTattoo Waste Disposal in UKTattoo Waste Collection in UKTattoo Waste Compliance in UKTattoo Waste Services in UKTattoo Clinical Waste in UKTattoo Sharps in UKTattoo Needles in UKUK Sharps BinUK Sharps BinsUK Sharps CollectionUK Sharps DisposalUK Hazardous SharpsUK Non Hazardous SharpsUK Cytotoxic SharpsUK Cytostatic SharpsUK Ink BlockUK Wet_WasteUK Tattoo InkUK Drug DestructionUK Drug DisposalUK Drug DenaturingUK Unwanted DrugsUK Out Of Date DrugsUK Pest ControlUK Rodent ControlUK Bird ControlUK Bird ProofingUK Guano ControlUK Pest Call OutUK Pest PreventionUK Pest DeterrentUK Nursery WasteUK Nappy WasteUK Nappy BinUK Nappy BinsUK Nappy DisposalUK Nappy Wheelie BinUK Nursery Waste DisposalUK Nursery Waste CollectionUK Nappy Waste RegulationsUK Commercial Nappy WasteUK Nappy Disposal BinUK Nappy Waste CollectionUK Incontinence PadsUK Offensive WasteUK Human WasteUK Nursing Home WasteUK Care Home WasteUK Hazardous WasteUK Infectous WasteUK Pharmaceutical WasteUK Medicinal WasteUK Medicine WasteUK Infection ControlUK Hand SanitisersUK Clinical WasteUK Clinical Waste RemovalUK Clinical Waste CollectionUK Clinical Waste RegulationsUK Clinical Waste DisposalUK Clinical Waste ManagementUK Clinical Waste PolicyUK EA RegistrationSell my scrap van in UKWashroom Services in TarletonSanitary bins quoteGarden Services in SouthportGarden Services in OrmskirkGarden Services in FormybGarden Services in TarletonUK Path GravelUK Path GravelsUK GravelUK GravelsUK Garden Path GravelUK Decorative GravelsUK Cotswold GravelUK Bulk AggregatesUK Mass AggregatesUK Aggregates SuppliersUK Aggregate SuppliersUK Bulk Bags AggregatesUK Bulk BagsUK Mot Type 1UK Mot Type 2UK Top SoilUK Building SandUK Grit SandUK Fine SandUK Play SandUK Top Dressing SandUK Silica SandUK Mersey SandUK Kiln Dried SandUK Plastering SandUK Crusher RunUK DustUK BallestUK HardcoreUK GritUK Horticultural GritUK Alpine GritUK LimestoneUK GraniteUK Cotswold ChippingsUK Golden FlintUK MoonstoneUK Pea GravelUK Cheshire PinkUK Yorkshire CreamUK Derbyshire Peak StoneUK Green BallastUK Autumn GoldUK Pink GravelUK Blue SlateUK Plum SlateUK Grey SlateUK Welsh SlateUK Play BarkUK Chip BarkUK Christmas TreesUK Xmas TreesUK Artificial TreeUK Christmas Decorations