UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
FirstFirst 1 LastLast
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by MICK/GILLY View Post
    How many of these young men are terrorists or terrorists cells infiltrating our borders under the guise of migrants fleeing from tyranny.

I guess if we put them in the army and give em a machine gun we will find out.

Ha!Ha! That would settle the matter fast, one way or another.

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Alikado View Post
    I would guess that very few are terrorists as most of the perpetrators of terrorist incidents are home grown.

Not necessarily. I am given to understand that among the different factions of certain types of people who have been allowed entry into Europe, there are several who are disaffected. Their confidence among each faction has grown with an increase in numbers. As reflected from their home countries - we are most likely sitting on a time bomb.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by said View Post
    The UK has a large number of people who come to the UK for safety from the conflicts in their own country. The UK houses and feeds these people who are almost entirely young men.

These young men spend many months waiting around in confined spaces to hear if they have been granted asylum or not. Even when they are granted asylum they are not allowed to work, not allowed to travel and they are paid welfare benefits.

Do you think it would be far more beneficial to these people if they were conscripted into the British Army and trained to fight so that they could help their families back in their own country - or even fight for the UK if the case was to be? They would still have housing and food. Considering that the countries that these people come from are always in conflict - I think it would give them great pride and help them enormously.
    Where did you get the idea that when asylum is granted, refugees can't work or travel? As soon as asylum is granted, they can work. They can also travel using a Refugee Convention Travel Document.

Your scenario depicts thousands of asylum seekers, who, due to being banned from working, live on benefits forever. Once asylum is granted, they are given leave to remain in the UK for 5 years, which means they can now work. After this period they can apply to settle in the UK.

Many refugees who have been granted asylum will have difficulty finding employment straight away. I've no idea how long it might take them, but there's no way the majority will live on benefits forever.

Likes / Dislikes
    Someone mentioned in response to this thread - that many of the Asylum seekers are here in the UK to ESCAPE conscription in their home country where it is law. That is the reason why so many of them are young men, and if they return to their own country, they will be punished for going AWOL.

In which case - surely it would be better if conscription was brought in for them in the UK.
    Maybe I'm going blind, I can't see a response suggesting that on this thread.

I do recall that many young men fleeing Syria were doing so to escape conscription. Understandably so when you consider that fighting for their country meant killing their own people. In addition to which they were also in danger of being taken by ISIL. I can't say that I blame them.

I don't understand your logic in saying that it would be better if conscription was brought in for them in the UK. Why would it be better?

Likes / Dislikes
    We have plenty of young men and women of our own if conscription is your bag but most in the forces are underemployed as it is.

The work they now do has moved from the cannon fodder days and for the most part requires a reasonable level of competence.

There are plenty of jobs that need doing, if they should be here then let them work for their corn, if not send them back after slapping a bill on their parasitic lawyers backs.

Likes / Dislikes
    Not necessarily. I am given to understand that among the different factions of certain types of people who have been allowed entry into Europe, there are several who are disaffected. Their confidence among each faction has grown with an increase in numbers. As reflected from their home countries - we are most likely sitting on a time bomb.
    I would imagine that all would be disaffected or they wouldn't be wanting to migrate.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by salus.populi View Post

Asylum seekers are not illegal immigrants.
    Correct they are illegal immigrants who claim asylum when caught.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Londoner View Post
    Correct they are illegal immigrants who claim asylum when caught.
    I don't dispute that some of them will be economic migrants who should be given short shrift and returned from whence they came. However many of them are genuine and, apart from Syrians who were given special dispensation, there's no way to apply for asylum beforehand. You can only claim asylum when you're on the country's soil, which means entering illegally, or overstaying.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by seivad View Post
    Maybe I'm going blind, I can't see a response suggesting that on this thread.

I do recall that many young men fleeing Syria were doing so to escape conscription. Understandably so when you consider that fighting for their country meant killing their own people. In addition to which they were also in danger of being taken by ISIL. I can't say that I blame them.

I don't understand your logic in saying that it would be better if conscription was brought in for them in the UK. Why would it be better?
    Isn't that a bit like saying - they would be tortured for their political views in (say Iraq), so we should torture them.

They wouldn't want a fading oldie like me, but conscription for the wrong sort of war would have me packing my case.

Likes / Dislikes
    If they were genuinely trying to escape conflict or persecution in their own country then wouldn’t settling in the first “safe” country be enough ?

No, they would probably be kept in camps etc as in France, the “Holy Grail” is obviously the UK were many are being housed in hotels and with allowances and free movement.

Until such times as we take a firm stance and start turning them back or putting them into detention centres for assessment they will keep on coming.

The problem with putting them up in hotels, as well as encouraging more to come here, it is easy for them to “disappear” into the community if they so desire, rather worrying as we know so little about them or their motives for wanting to come to the UK.

It may sound harsh but there is a huge difference between illegal immigrants and those genuinely seeking asylum.
    Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

12. Likes The PNP, lambsey liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Talk of conscription is proposing an unwanted burden for our armed forces. Britain's military leaders know that conscription does not provide suitably motivated and skilled manpower for modern warfare.

[Perhaps some anticipate Britain requiring a conscripted 'foreign legion' — cannon fodder in future total wars wrought by the dissolution of international order. Anarchic struggles for essential resources seems a not improbable result of climate change.]

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Rigsby View Post
    If they were genuinely trying to escape conflict or persecution in their own country then wouldn’t settling in the first “safe” country be enough ?

No, they would probably be kept in camps etc as in France, the “Holy Grail” is obviously the UK were many are being housed in hotels and with allowances and free movement.

Until such times as we take a firm stance and start turning them back or putting them into detention centres for assessment they will keep on coming.

The problem with putting them up in hotels, as well as encouraging more to come here, it is easy for them to “disappear” into the community if they so desire, rather worrying as we know so little about them or their motives for wanting to come to the UK.

It may sound harsh but there is a huge difference between illegal immigrants and those genuinely seeking asylum.
    It is all in our hands but successive Governments have not done it, if anything it is quite the reverse with all the cuts. We have and always had have the ability to secure our Borders but the Government have chosen not to.

Build MODERN Prisons to sort the problems out in the prisons and refurbish the old ones to be used as accommodation for for illegals awaiting deportation and asylum seekers awaiting decisions.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Alikado View Post
    It is all in our hands but successive Governments have not done it, if anything it is quite the reverse with all the cuts. We have and always had have the ability to secure our Borders but the Government have chosen not to.

Build MODERN Prisons to sort the problems out in the prisons and refurbish the old ones to be used as accommodation for for illegals awaiting deportation and asylum seekers awaiting decisions.
    I saw a report by Nigel Farage (not everyone’s cup of tea, I know) about them using hotels to house illegal immigrants, I pricked my ears up when he mentioned 2 hotels in the NW, both of which I have stayed at for business meetings, and both very, very nice.

The Chimney House Hotel and the Daresbury Park Hotel both in Cheshire, the latter having a fantastic spa, leisure club, pool etc. Out of interest I have just tried to book at room at both of them and there are no rooms at all available in the future.

Well worth a watch https://youtu.be/4VvzKM9q95w
    Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Rigsby View Post
    I saw a report by Nigel Farage (not everyone’s cup of tea, I know) about them using hotels to house illegal immigrants, I pricked my ears up when he mentioned 2 hotels in the NW, both of which I have stayed at for business meetings, and both very, very nice.

The Chimney House Hotel and the Daresbury Park Hotel both in Cheshire, the latter having a fantastic spa, leisure club, pool etc. Out of interest I have just tried to book at room at both of them and there are no rooms at all available in the future.

Well worth a watch https://youtu.be/4VvzKM9q95w
    I think it must have been sometime ago you visited, I don't know who owns the Chimney but according to Tripadvisor it is one to avoid, the Daresbury is in the hands of Brittania - enough said.

Likes / Dislikes
    Apparently illegal immigrants have helped to save the hotel industry, now they can help to save the airline industry when they are ALL flown back.

18. Likes The PNP, lambsey liked this post
Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK /
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in UK
Replacement Stove Glass in UK
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
UKUK News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)
UK MasksUK Face MasksUK KN95 MasksUK Disposable MasksUK Hand SanitiserUK Hand SanitizerUK PPEUK Bathroom SuppliesUK Cheap BathroomsUK Discount BathroomsUK Bathroom SalesUK Bathroom SuitesUK Bathroom TapsUK Basin TapsUK Bath TapsUK Kitchen TapsUK Free Standing Bath TapsUK Bath Mixer TapUK Bidet TapsUK Shower EnclosuresUK Bi Fold Shower DoorsUK Corner ShowersUK Pivot Shower DoorsUK Sliding Shower DoorsUK Shower Side PanelsUK Quadrant ShowersUK Shower TraysUK Wet-RoomsUK Bathroom ShowersUK Showers ValvesUK Showers RailsUK Showers HeadsUK Showers ArmsUK Showers HandsetsUK Showers JetsUK Showers ElbowsUK Toilet SeatsUK ToiletsUK BasinsUK Basin WastesUK Combined Toilet BasinUK Bathroom FurnitureUK BathsUK L Shaped BathUK P Shaped BathUK Bath ScreensUK SanitarywareUK Combined Toilet BasinUK StovesUK Wood StovesUK Home StovesUK Cooker StovesUK Enamel StovesUK Designer StovesUK Contemporary StovesUK Multi Fuel StovesUK Car ServicingUK MOTgUK TyresUK Car BatteryUK ExhaustUK Journalist JobsUK Reporter JobsUK Writing JobsUK Freelance WriterUK Self Employed JobsUK Franchise BusinessUK Franchise OpportunitiesUK Car InsuranceUK Cheap Car InsuranceUK Car Insurance BrokersUK Driving SchoolsUK Driving LessonsUK Driving TestUK Driving Theory TestUK Driving Instruction, 0000 UK Driving Instructor, 0000 UK VouchersUK DealsUK MatalanUK Railway SleepersUK Reclaimed SleepersUK New SleepersUK CoalUK House CoalUK Household CoalUK Smokeless CoalUK Smokeless FuelUK Coal BagsUK FirewoodUK Fire WoodUK Kiln Dried HardwoodUK Kiln Dried LogsUK Logs For SaleUK Log SuppliesUK LogsUK Firewood LogsUK Seasoned LogsUK Hardwood LogsUK Firewood SuppliersUK Firewood Log SuppliersUK Firewood Dumpy BagsUK Firewood CratesUK Cheap FirewoodUK Homefire LogsUK Cheap Firewood LogsUK Kindle ConesUK Pizza Oven LogsUK Heating OilUK Home Heating OilUK Red DieselUK White DieselUK KereseneUK Commercial FuelsUK Calor GasUK Propane GasUK Butane GasUK Heating GasUK Horse TrainingUK Horse TrainerUK Horse WhispererUK Equine WhispererUK Horse Whisperer Victoria SmithUK Rattan Garden FurnitureUK Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan SofaUK Rattan Dining SetUK Rattan DirectUK Cheap Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan Corner SofasUK Rattan Day BedsUK Rattan Sun LoungersUK Rattan Cube SetsUK Rattan Bistro SetsUK ChimeneasUK FirepitsUK Patio HeatersUK Hygiene VendingUK Washroom VendingUK Air FreshenersUK Air CareUK Aerosol SystemsUK Gel SystemsUK Water SavingUK Urinal Water SavingUK Eco CapsUK SensaflushUK Water ManagementUK Urinal DosingUK Urinal V ScreensUK Legionella Risk AssessmentUK Legionella Risk TestingUK Legionaires Risk AssessmentUK Legionella BacteriaUK Legionaires BacteriaUK Legionella ComplianceUK Legionella AdviceUK Legionella Landlords AdviceUK Legionella TestingUK Legionella CheckUK Legionella RegulationsUK Legionella Risk Assessment For LandlordsUK Legionella Water TestingUK Legionella QuoteUK Fire Stove GlassUK Heat Resistant GlassUK Fire GlassUK Stove GlassUK Fire Resistant GlassUK Replacement Stove GlassUK Glass For StovesUK Dust MatsUK Entrance MatsUK Reception MatsUK Anti Fatigue MatsUK Floor MatsUK Logo MatsUK London Washroom ServicesUK London Sanitary BinsUK London Shredding ServicesUK London Trade Waste DisposalUK London Legionella TestingUK London Clinical WasteUK Washroom ServicesUK Principal WashroomsUK Washrooms SuppliesUK Washrooms SolutionsUK Sanitary DisposalUK Sanitary BinsUK Sani BinsUK Lady BinsUK Feminine Hygiene UnitsUK Sanitary Waste DisposalUK Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Waste BinUK Sanitary Waste BinsUK Sanitary UnitsUK Feminine UnitsUK Hygiene ServicesUK Sanitary Bin SupplierUK Sanitary Bin RentalUK Sanitary Bin Rental ServicesUK Sanitary BinUK SanitarybinUK Feminine Hygiene BinsUK Female Santary BinUK Sani binUK Sani binsUK Sanibin RentalUK Sanitary BoxUK Sanitary BoxesUK Sanitary Bin QuoteUK Sanitary Bin PriceUK Sanitary Bin CostUK Sanitary Disposal QuoteUK Sanitary Disposal PriceUK Sanitary Disposal CostUK Free Duty of CareUK Tampon BinUK Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Tampon BinUK Sanitary Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Towel BinUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Feminine WasteUK Feminine Hygiene WasteUK Sanitary Waste RegulationsUK Sanitary Waste LawUK Sanitary Bins LawUK Sanitary Bins For Small BusinessUK Sanitary Bin Service CostUK Sanitary Bin Collection CostUK Disposal of Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Sanitary Towel DisposalUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK Biomass WasteUK Metal WasteUK Paper ShreddingUK Local ShreddingUK Secure ShreddingUK Confidential ShreddingUK Document DestructionUK Confidential WasteUK Confidential Waste ServiceUK Confidential Waste ServicesUK Confidential Waste ShreddingUK Confidential Waste DisposalUK Confidential Waste DestructionUK On Site ShreddingUK Off Site ShreddingUK One Off ShreddingUK Contract ShreddingUK GDPR ShreddingUK ShreddingUK Document ShreddingUK Shredding ServicesUK Mobile ShreddingUK Dental WasteUK Dental Waste DisposalUK Dental Waste LegislationUK Dental Waste ComplianceUK Accupuncture WasteUK Accupuncture Waste DisposalUK Accupuncture Waste CollectionAccupuncture Waste in UKAccupuncture Waste Disposal in UKAccupuncture Waste Collection in UKUK Acupuncture WasteUK Acupuncture Waste DisposalUK Acupuncture Waste CollectionUK Acupuncture Waste ServiceUK Acupuncture Clinical WasteUK Acupuncture SharpsUK Acupuncture NeedlesUK Beauty Salon Clincical WasteUK Beauty Salon MicrobladingUK Beauty Salon NeedlesUK Beauty Salon SharpsUK Tattoo WasteUK Tattoo Waste DisposalTattoo Waste in UKTattoo Waste Disposal in UKTattoo Waste Collection in UKTattoo Waste Compliance in UKTattoo Waste Services in UKTattoo Clinical Waste in UKTattoo Sharps in UKTattoo Needles in UKUK Sharps BinUK Sharps BinsUK Sharps CollectionUK Sharps DisposalUK Hazardous SharpsUK Non Hazardous SharpsUK Cytotoxic SharpsUK Cytostatic SharpsUK Ink BlockUK Wet_WasteUK Tattoo InkUK Drug DestructionUK Drug DisposalUK Drug DenaturingUK Unwanted DrugsUK Out Of Date DrugsUK Pest ControlUK Rodent ControlUK Bird ControlUK Bird ProofingUK Guano ControlUK Pest Call OutUK Pest PreventionUK Pest DeterrentUK Nursery WasteUK Nappy WasteUK Nappy BinUK Nappy BinsUK Nappy DisposalUK Nappy Wheelie BinUK Nursery Waste DisposalUK Nursery Waste CollectionUK Nappy Waste RegulationsUK Commercial Nappy WasteUK Nappy Disposal BinUK Nappy Waste CollectionUK Incontinence PadsUK Offensive WasteUK Human WasteUK Nursing Home WasteUK Care Home WasteUK Hazardous WasteUK Infectous WasteUK Pharmaceutical WasteUK Medicinal WasteUK Medicine WasteUK Infection ControlUK Hand SanitisersUK Clinical WasteUK Clinical Waste RemovalUK Clinical Waste CollectionUK Clinical Waste RegulationsUK Clinical Waste DisposalUK Clinical Waste ManagementUK Clinical Waste PolicyUK EA RegistrationSell my scrap van in UKWashroom Services in TarletonSanitary bins quoteGarden Services in SouthportGarden Services in OrmskirkGarden Services in FormybGarden Services in TarletonUK Path GravelUK Path GravelsUK GravelUK GravelsUK Garden Path GravelUK Decorative GravelsUK Cotswold GravelUK Bulk AggregatesUK Mass AggregatesUK Aggregates SuppliersUK Aggregate SuppliersUK Bulk Bags AggregatesUK Bulk BagsUK Mot Type 1UK Mot Type 2UK Top SoilUK Building SandUK Grit SandUK Fine SandUK Play SandUK Top Dressing SandUK Silica SandUK Mersey SandUK Kiln Dried SandUK Plastering SandUK Crusher RunUK DustUK BallestUK HardcoreUK GritUK Horticultural GritUK Alpine GritUK LimestoneUK GraniteUK Cotswold ChippingsUK Golden FlintUK MoonstoneUK Pea GravelUK Cheshire PinkUK Yorkshire CreamUK Derbyshire Peak StoneUK Green BallastUK Autumn GoldUK Pink GravelUK Blue SlateUK Plum SlateUK Grey SlateUK Welsh SlateUK Play BarkUK Chip BarkUK Christmas TreesUK Xmas TreesUK Artificial TreeUK Christmas Decorations