UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
FirstFirst ... LastLast
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by seivad View Post
    'Guardian' my a s s. Your C&P came from 'OffGuardian', a site that is home to a group of Russian trolls who have previously been banned from the Guardian's reader comments section.
    A quick look at that site, (a very quick look) it’s easy to see were “said” gets his anti-COVID cr@p from, you can find the exact same wording that “said” has used in his/ her posts, this is from the poster who claims independent thought

2. Likes seivad, Toodles McGinty liked this post

3. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamble View Post
    Explain how you work that one out?

Did you add £1 million more requests for free school meals this year?
    Existing cost = £950k for 39 Weeks = another £300k for an additional 13 weeks.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by silver fox View Post
    A quick look at that site, (a very quick look) it’s easy to see were “said” gets his anti-COVID cr@p from, you can find the exact same wording that “said” has used in his/ her posts, this is from the poster who claims independent thought
    Most of his posts originate from other sites, including the much reviled MSM. (S)he sometimes changes the wording to reflect his/her unique literary style. It hasn't got an original thought in its head.

Have you ever visited its' Southport & Birkdale Crimewatch + Regional News site? The news is culled from small local sites, such as OTS and Q, and regional media. I did ask him/her if (s)he had obtained permission from the 2 local sites, but, naturally, didn't get a response. Small local sites depend on advertising revenue based on the number of visits. It's wrong to steal their work and their readership.

6. Likes silver fox, Toodles McGinty liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Alikado View Post
    Existing cost = £950k for 39 Weeks = another £300k for an additional 13 weeks.
    The Guardian estimates the need has now risen to 2 million.
    Therefore the amount will be 2 million x £15 for 13 weeks =?

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by silver fox View Post
    Off Guardian is an independent non government backed publication which was claimed to be a Russian backed propaganda source by Fact Checker - who are reputed to be very active in propaganda themselves. Whoever is responsible for publishing any material will as a matter of course be cross referenced. The facts in off guardian were clearly laid out for understanding by the reader and are supported by many independent publications.

And this one also?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK525302/ A book published in 2017 written by researchers modelling a pandemic and how situations would be addressed

Andthis?

https://www.virology.ws/2020/05/07/t...of-sars-cov-2/
    A publication written by a known virologist claiming that newspaper journalists are wrong in stating that the virus has mutated from its original

Or this

https://scholarcommons.usf.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi? Illustrating that face masks are not efficient

again
    https://whattheythink.com/articles/1...ur-cloth-mask/ supporting the fact that masks are not efficient, and that distancing is not relevant.

more
    https://www.nationalgeographic.co.uk...%20temperature. supporting the fact that distancing is ineffective.

Each of the above publications supports the fact that the conditions which everyone is supposed to follow - have no scientific grounds exactly as Off Guardian claims.

Now compare the first link with this:

The role of emergency preparedness exercises in the ...

<cite class="iUh30 gBIQub qLRx3b tjvcx" style="color: rgb(32, 33, 36); font-style: normal; font-size: 14px; padding-top: 1px; line-height: 1.3;">
    www.sciencedirect.com › science › article › pii</cite>
    <cite class="iUh30 gBIQub qLRx3b tjvcx" style="color: rgb(32, 33, 36); font-style: normal; font-size: 14px; padding-top: 1px; line-height: 1.3;"></cite>

Simulation exercises are an important part of emergency preparedness activities for the ... Multiple acts of terrorism in 2017 tested UK emergency response ... In this report, for the first time to our knowledge, rigorous empirical evidence is provided ... Handbook on Simulation Exercises in EU Public Health Settings, European ...by EA Skryabina · ?2020 · ?Cited by 2 · Science direct.

Combined with the knowledge that the EU is funding the Covid Claims - and you either accept that there are an enormous number of coincidences occurring in modern times, or you feel that all these outcomes are a bit suspect. Since I do not believe in miracles, my guess is that you will ignore the science in favour of coincidences.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by seivad View Post
    Most of his posts originate from other sites, including the much reviled MSM. (S)he sometimes changes the wording to reflect his/her unique literary style. It hasn't got an original thought in its head.

Have you ever visited its' Southport & Birkdale Crimewatch + Regional News site? The news is culled from small local sites, such as OTS and Q, and regional media. I did ask him/her if (s)he had obtained permission from the 2 local sites, but, naturally, didn't get a response. Small local sites depend on advertising revenue based on the number of visits. It's wrong to steal their work and their readership.
    Duh! The sites used for Crimewatch are taken from Facebook/ local publications/ police sites etc., and state SHARE! Just as all the other Crimewatch pages are and others have also copied my site. It is no more nor any less than that which many journalists do for newspapers - every entry is credited to it source, which is additional advertising for their own site and their promising journalists and increases readership. I also share local crimes with the other reporters and they visit my site, OK?

Like many people I do not have the time to rewrite everything that I have read, the publications support that which I know but expresses my knowledge into written links which people can research at will. If I was to continually write articles and simplify scientific knowledge into layman's language - I may as well make a living out of it, and I am busy enough as it is.

Your response is not to the topic, it is a personal attack on me - who you have yet to identify but not for wont of trying. It would appear that anyone who has different views to yourself and your colleagues is a focus for cyber bullying with the shallow intention of earning brownie points. I , and I am sure - other posters would prefer to read intelligent arguments, such as you are known to be capable of - to the point raised.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by said View Post
    You said that Brexit would never happen too!

No I didn't.

Likes / Dislikes
    Had Labour got in parliament they would I trust have gone through with the promise of free school meals for all primary school children.

Faced with the now pandemic the cost of providing holiday meals to all primary school children would be £950 million plus 1 million extra in need.
    As I said, I don't know if they'd have gone through with it. Neither do you. What does it matter? What possible effect does it have on the action or inaction of this government?

Whataboutery. Every time.

What's the point of musing on Labour's last manifesto? What has it got to do with anything at all?

Likes / Dislikes
    "The cult-like nature of the Brave New Normal that is COVID19 is insidiously pervading more and more aspects of our lives, with seemingly less and less science to back it up, and curiously being seen by those in power as an opportunity to reshape our society, not for our good, but for the good of those in power." Guardian

"a Strong Conspiracy and Moderate Pseudoscience website that also promotes Russian propaganda"

Obviously he / she / it knew that it was a steaming pile of horsecrap, otherwise why lie about it coming from the Guardian?

Why not declare it was from the bitter off-Guardian fruitcakes, rather than attempt to give it a veneer of respectability by bull$h!tting about the origin?

Crank.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Toodles McGinty View Post
    "a Strong Conspiracy and Moderate Pseudoscience website that also promotes Russian propaganda"

Obviously he / she / it knew that it was a steaming pile of horsecrap, otherwise why lie about it coming from the Guardian?

Why not declare it was from the bitter off-Guardian fruitcakes, rather than attempt to give it a veneer of respectability by bull$h!tting about the origin?

Crank.

Tut!Tut! I would have expected better from you - then again, perhaps not! The description which you have quoted comes from Media Bias Fact Check, (USA)without any supporting references - with a disclaimer -
    " The information is provided by Media Bias/Fact Check (MBFC News) and while we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness or accuracy of opinions/information on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk."

Not a source I would use. As someone said on Twitter - who fact checks the fact checkers?

Likes / Dislikes
    Tut!Tut! I would have expected better from you - then again, perhaps not! The description which you have quoted comes from Media Bias Fact Check, (USA)without any supporting references - with a disclaimer -
    " The information is provided by Media Bias/Fact Check (MBFC News) and while we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness or accuracy of opinions/information on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk."

Not a source I would use. As someone said on Twitter - who fact checks the fact checkers?
    Yes, I know what site it was from. I didn't link to it as a hundred million to one guess.

All very well, apart from you trying to pass it off as a Guardian piece.

Strong whiff of bull.

And I wouldn't have thought a fact checking site would last too long if it didn't check facts. Even Snopes 'strives' to be precise, accurate, and fair.

I'd also add that I wouldn't trust an awful lot from a bunch of people banned from commenting on the Guardian site. In my experience such people are unstable, liars and prone to flights of fantasy. In some cases, of the most sickening kind. So I'll stick with actual science.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Toodles McGinty View Post
    As I said, I don't know if they'd have gone through with it. Neither do you. What does it matter? What possible effect does it have on the action or inaction of this government?

Whataboutery. Every time.

What's the point of musing on Labour's last manifesto? What has it got to do with anything at all?
    Well actually many local Councils have said they are going to use Government Covid aid grants to fund school meals.
    A long term permanent solution in funding is more likely to come from these beginnings.

Ultimately what we all agree on is not having to lobby the Government every few months to extend free meals in the holidays.

No local councillor or M.P would get local votes on withdrawing the service.

Likes / Dislikes
    Well actually many local Councils have said they are going to use Government Covid aid grants to fund school meals.
    A long term permanent solution in funding is more likely to come from these beginnings.

Ultimately what we all agree on is not having to lobby the Government every few months to extend free meals in the holidays.

Isn't the best place to feed children in their homes?

Sticking plaster schemes for publicity-seeking politicians and celebrities are not the way forward.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by local View Post
    Isn't the best place to feed children in their homes?

Sticking plaster schemes for publicity-seeking politicians and celebrities are not the way forward.
    Yes.
    Not sticking plaster-a long term solution.

Local councils will be able to choose the best way to provide the service for their area.

I am in favour of Junior schools making sure their families(who they know best) receiving food direct to take home.

The voucher scheme for older High School children.

Supported by breakfast clubs and holiday schemes already run by charity's in school holidays.

Likes / Dislikes

Didn't answer the question. What has that to do with whether or not Labour would have carried out the 'free school meals' part of the last manifesto?

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK /
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in UK
Replacement Stove Glass in UK
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
UKUK News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)
UK MasksUK Face MasksUK KN95 MasksUK Disposable MasksUK Hand SanitiserUK Hand SanitizerUK PPEUK Bathroom SuppliesUK Cheap BathroomsUK Discount BathroomsUK Bathroom SalesUK Bathroom SuitesUK Bathroom TapsUK Basin TapsUK Bath TapsUK Kitchen TapsUK Free Standing Bath TapsUK Bath Mixer TapUK Bidet TapsUK Shower EnclosuresUK Bi Fold Shower DoorsUK Corner ShowersUK Pivot Shower DoorsUK Sliding Shower DoorsUK Shower Side PanelsUK Quadrant ShowersUK Shower TraysUK Wet-RoomsUK Bathroom ShowersUK Showers ValvesUK Showers RailsUK Showers HeadsUK Showers ArmsUK Showers HandsetsUK Showers JetsUK Showers ElbowsUK Toilet SeatsUK ToiletsUK BasinsUK Basin WastesUK Combined Toilet BasinUK Bathroom FurnitureUK BathsUK L Shaped BathUK P Shaped BathUK Bath ScreensUK SanitarywareUK Combined Toilet BasinUK StovesUK Wood StovesUK Home StovesUK Cooker StovesUK Enamel StovesUK Designer StovesUK Contemporary StovesUK Multi Fuel StovesUK Car ServicingUK MOTgUK TyresUK Car BatteryUK ExhaustUK Journalist JobsUK Reporter JobsUK Writing JobsUK Freelance WriterUK Self Employed JobsUK Franchise BusinessUK Franchise OpportunitiesUK Car InsuranceUK Cheap Car InsuranceUK Car Insurance BrokersUK Driving SchoolsUK Driving LessonsUK Driving TestUK Driving Theory TestUK Driving Instruction, 0000 UK Driving Instructor, 0000 UK VouchersUK DealsUK MatalanUK Railway SleepersUK Reclaimed SleepersUK New SleepersUK CoalUK House CoalUK Household CoalUK Smokeless CoalUK Smokeless FuelUK Coal BagsUK FirewoodUK Fire WoodUK Kiln Dried HardwoodUK Kiln Dried LogsUK Logs For SaleUK Log SuppliesUK LogsUK Firewood LogsUK Seasoned LogsUK Hardwood LogsUK Firewood SuppliersUK Firewood Log SuppliersUK Firewood Dumpy BagsUK Firewood CratesUK Cheap FirewoodUK Homefire LogsUK Cheap Firewood LogsUK Kindle ConesUK Pizza Oven LogsUK Heating OilUK Home Heating OilUK Red DieselUK White DieselUK KereseneUK Commercial FuelsUK Calor GasUK Propane GasUK Butane GasUK Heating GasUK Horse TrainingUK Horse TrainerUK Horse WhispererUK Equine WhispererUK Horse Whisperer Victoria SmithUK Rattan Garden FurnitureUK Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan SofaUK Rattan Dining SetUK Rattan DirectUK Cheap Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan Corner SofasUK Rattan Day BedsUK Rattan Sun LoungersUK Rattan Cube SetsUK Rattan Bistro SetsUK ChimeneasUK FirepitsUK Patio HeatersUK Hygiene VendingUK Washroom VendingUK Air FreshenersUK Air CareUK Aerosol SystemsUK Gel SystemsUK Water SavingUK Urinal Water SavingUK Eco CapsUK SensaflushUK Water ManagementUK Urinal DosingUK Urinal V ScreensUK Legionella Risk AssessmentUK Legionella Risk TestingUK Legionaires Risk AssessmentUK Legionella BacteriaUK Legionaires BacteriaUK Legionella ComplianceUK Legionella AdviceUK Legionella Landlords AdviceUK Legionella TestingUK Legionella CheckUK Legionella RegulationsUK Legionella Risk Assessment For LandlordsUK Legionella Water TestingUK Legionella QuoteUK Fire Stove GlassUK Heat Resistant GlassUK Fire GlassUK Stove GlassUK Fire Resistant GlassUK Replacement Stove GlassUK Glass For StovesUK Dust MatsUK Entrance MatsUK Reception MatsUK Anti Fatigue MatsUK Floor MatsUK Logo MatsUK London Washroom ServicesUK London Sanitary BinsUK London Shredding ServicesUK London Trade Waste DisposalUK London Legionella TestingUK London Clinical WasteUK Washroom ServicesUK Principal WashroomsUK Washrooms SuppliesUK Washrooms SolutionsUK Sanitary DisposalUK Sanitary BinsUK Sani BinsUK Lady BinsUK Feminine Hygiene UnitsUK Sanitary Waste DisposalUK Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Waste BinUK Sanitary Waste BinsUK Sanitary UnitsUK Feminine UnitsUK Hygiene ServicesUK Sanitary Bin SupplierUK Sanitary Bin RentalUK Sanitary Bin Rental ServicesUK Sanitary BinUK SanitarybinUK Feminine Hygiene BinsUK Female Santary BinUK Sani binUK Sani binsUK Sanibin RentalUK Sanitary BoxUK Sanitary BoxesUK Sanitary Bin QuoteUK Sanitary Bin PriceUK Sanitary Bin CostUK Sanitary Disposal QuoteUK Sanitary Disposal PriceUK Sanitary Disposal CostUK Free Duty of CareUK Tampon BinUK Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Tampon BinUK Sanitary Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Towel BinUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Feminine WasteUK Feminine Hygiene WasteUK Sanitary Waste RegulationsUK Sanitary Waste LawUK Sanitary Bins LawUK Sanitary Bins For Small BusinessUK Sanitary Bin Service CostUK Sanitary Bin Collection CostUK Disposal of Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Sanitary Towel DisposalUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK Biomass WasteUK Metal WasteUK Paper ShreddingUK Local ShreddingUK Secure ShreddingUK Confidential ShreddingUK Document DestructionUK Confidential WasteUK Confidential Waste ServiceUK Confidential Waste ServicesUK Confidential Waste ShreddingUK Confidential Waste DisposalUK Confidential Waste DestructionUK On Site ShreddingUK Off Site ShreddingUK One Off ShreddingUK Contract ShreddingUK GDPR ShreddingUK ShreddingUK Document ShreddingUK Shredding ServicesUK Mobile ShreddingUK Dental WasteUK Dental Waste DisposalUK Dental Waste LegislationUK Dental Waste ComplianceUK Accupuncture WasteUK Accupuncture Waste DisposalUK Accupuncture Waste CollectionAccupuncture Waste in UKAccupuncture Waste Disposal in UKAccupuncture Waste Collection in UKUK Acupuncture WasteUK Acupuncture Waste DisposalUK Acupuncture Waste CollectionUK Acupuncture Waste ServiceUK Acupuncture Clinical WasteUK Acupuncture SharpsUK Acupuncture NeedlesUK Beauty Salon Clincical WasteUK Beauty Salon MicrobladingUK Beauty Salon NeedlesUK Beauty Salon SharpsUK Tattoo WasteUK Tattoo Waste DisposalTattoo Waste in UKTattoo Waste Disposal in UKTattoo Waste Collection in UKTattoo Waste Compliance in UKTattoo Waste Services in UKTattoo Clinical Waste in UKTattoo Sharps in UKTattoo Needles in UKUK Sharps BinUK Sharps BinsUK Sharps CollectionUK Sharps DisposalUK Hazardous SharpsUK Non Hazardous SharpsUK Cytotoxic SharpsUK Cytostatic SharpsUK Ink BlockUK Wet_WasteUK Tattoo InkUK Drug DestructionUK Drug DisposalUK Drug DenaturingUK Unwanted DrugsUK Out Of Date DrugsUK Pest ControlUK Rodent ControlUK Bird ControlUK Bird ProofingUK Guano ControlUK Pest Call OutUK Pest PreventionUK Pest DeterrentUK Nursery WasteUK Nappy WasteUK Nappy BinUK Nappy BinsUK Nappy DisposalUK Nappy Wheelie BinUK Nursery Waste DisposalUK Nursery Waste CollectionUK Nappy Waste RegulationsUK Commercial Nappy WasteUK Nappy Disposal BinUK Nappy Waste CollectionUK Incontinence PadsUK Offensive WasteUK Human WasteUK Nursing Home WasteUK Care Home WasteUK Hazardous WasteUK Infectous WasteUK Pharmaceutical WasteUK Medicinal WasteUK Medicine WasteUK Infection ControlUK Hand SanitisersUK Clinical WasteUK Clinical Waste RemovalUK Clinical Waste CollectionUK Clinical Waste RegulationsUK Clinical Waste DisposalUK Clinical Waste ManagementUK Clinical Waste PolicyUK EA RegistrationSell my scrap van in UKWashroom Services in TarletonSanitary bins quoteGarden Services in SouthportGarden Services in OrmskirkGarden Services in FormybGarden Services in TarletonUK Path GravelUK Path GravelsUK GravelUK GravelsUK Garden Path GravelUK Decorative GravelsUK Cotswold GravelUK Bulk AggregatesUK Mass AggregatesUK Aggregates SuppliersUK Aggregate SuppliersUK Bulk Bags AggregatesUK Bulk BagsUK Mot Type 1UK Mot Type 2UK Top SoilUK Building SandUK Grit SandUK Fine SandUK Play SandUK Top Dressing SandUK Silica SandUK Mersey SandUK Kiln Dried SandUK Plastering SandUK Crusher RunUK DustUK BallestUK HardcoreUK GritUK Horticultural GritUK Alpine GritUK LimestoneUK GraniteUK Cotswold ChippingsUK Golden FlintUK MoonstoneUK Pea GravelUK Cheshire PinkUK Yorkshire CreamUK Derbyshire Peak StoneUK Green BallastUK Autumn GoldUK Pink GravelUK Blue SlateUK Plum SlateUK Grey SlateUK Welsh SlateUK Play BarkUK Chip BarkUK Christmas TreesUK Xmas TreesUK Artificial TreeUK Christmas Decorations