UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
FirstFirst ... ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit again

Likes / Dislikes

Arrow …in the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

…and fully indicative of the general incompetence they [i.e. the EU] have demonstrated year after year …post #323
    …demonstrating incompetence is what PM Johnson & and his Cabinet do, daily!

More importantly, it fully undermines the argument that we can only manage as part of a bigger group it's clearly untrue.post #323
    Has anyone on this forum asserted "we can only manage as part of a bigger group"? Not to my recollection. The argument has always been: We will fare better inside the EU's single market — a weighty and pertinent distinction!

The point is some businesses have been caught out by changes in process that is understandable but is not indicative of permanence.
    …When you get your jab, get down on your knees and thank those of us capable of thinking beyond the EU
    post #323
    Regrettably, many of us will have deceased before a measure of equilibrium is restored. At that time it will be for economic historians to assess the extent of damage.

2. Likes The PNP, Toodles McGinty, silver fox liked this post

3. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by sandGroundZero View Post
    …demonstrating incompetence is what PM Johnson & and his Cabinet do, daily!

Has anyone on this forum asserted "we can only manage as part of a bigger group"? Not to my recollection. The argument has always been: We will fare better inside the EU's single market — a weighty and pertinent distinction!

Regrettably, many of us will have deceased before a measure of equilibrium is restored. At that time it will be for economic historians to assess the extent of damage.

Many many times we have had the same tired argument trotted out that we won't prosper on our own we are too small and insignificant it's another remoaner scare story.

The EU is of course not just about the single market anymore.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by local View Post
    A) Many many times we have had the same tired argument trotted out that we won't prosper on our own we are too small and insignificant it's another remoaner scare story.

B) The EU is of course not just about the single market anymore.
    A) Not much sign of 'prosperity' about lately.....Companies relocating to mainland Europe, unemployment steadily rising, national debt exploding....

B) Imagine the chaos of the alternative, i.e. a non-EU Europe. With food and product standards, differing from State to State. With many different currencies and constantly varying exchange rates. Where needless paperwork, delays and import duties applied at every single border. Trading or moving goods to/from customers and suppliers around the Continent, would be a complete nightmare.
    Last edited by The PNP; 24/01/2021 at 03:14 PM.
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

6. Likes Toodles McGinty liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes

Arrow …we shall not be moved?

Many many times we have had the same tired argument trotted out that we won't prosper on our own we are too small and insignificant it's another remoaner scare story. | The EU is of course not just about the single market anymore.post #327
    "too small and insignificant" are your words, local. Only you have posted that.

The UK (supposing for the moment the UK survives intact) will continue to produce, export, import; its residents will make their lives as best they can.
    Short term negative impacts will ease as adjustments are made. Governments will strive to generate prosperity. Businesses will form; others will disappear as they do. I expect we will inch our way back into the single market, though of course we will have discarded our former perquisites.
    We will be poorer; but over (probably, long) time the UK will have settled into our new place in the world — however still, just offshore of Europe.

8. Likes Toodles McGinty liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Your right a complete invention of mine all the remoaners were saying we are too big and significant on our own.

Even now with my failing eyesight and Brexit blinkers I could have sworn you wrote we will be poorer and settling into our place off Europe.

The reality must be the losing remoaners have accepted they lost the intellectual argument and are now fully behind the decision to leave

Aren't you at least privately pleased we didn't get involved with the EU vaccine project?

You can of course stay in full remoaner mode on here.

Every day there are bound to be examples such as the Euro Dunce found out about cheese exporting although that certainly can be got round I read.

Likes / Dislikes
    Every day there are bound to be examples such as the Euro Dunce found out about cheese exporting although that certainly can be got round I read.
    The whole thing is a complete and costly minefield for the many small and medium size businesses who trade into Europe. Twenty jobs lost here, thirty gone there - adding up over time to significant loss for the UK economy....I trust you'll let us know about all the new jobs (excluding the many extra customs personnel) created by leaving.
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes

Arrow In response to

The "remoaners" of your imagination are pretty thin on the ground. Certainly in the Q Local Southport forum you feel the need to 'stand in ' and post what you like to believe of such a view.
    Of the forum posters who regret not only the fact of LEAVE but the dogmatic and otherwise cack-handed manner of its execution, I detect sadness and disappointment. You, local seem to resent their alluding to BREXIT consequences, if only to underline their previous predictions.

You harp on about "the EU vaccine project", as if that somehow vindicates your referendum vote. Sorry; that is a trifling reponse in comparison.

12. Likes Toodles McGinty, silver fox liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    You harp on about "the EU vaccine project", as if that somehow vindicates your referendum vote. Sorry; that is a trifling response in comparison.
    [/FONT]
    It's a complete red herring, because continued EU membership would not have compelled the UK to have partaken in the EU vaccine project.
    Last edited by The PNP; 24/01/2021 at 05:41 PM.
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes

The "remoaners" of your imagination are pretty thin on the ground. Certainly in the Q Local Southport forum you feel the need to 'stand in ' and post what you like to believe of such a view.
    Of the forum posters who regret not only the fact of LEAVE but the dogmatic and otherwise cack-handed manner of its execution, I detect sadness and disappointment. You, local seem to resent their alluding to BREXIT consequences, if only to underline their previous predictions.

You harp on about "the EU vaccine project", as if that somehow vindicates your referendum vote. Sorry; that is a trifling reponse in comparison.
    It is regrettable that much of what was predicted by anyone with an ounce of economic nous is materialising.

I suppose those still in the thrall of the lying hack and his American twin live in an Express echo chamber, where all is good with the world, feel Brexit has gone smoothly (apart from those predicted 'teething troubles') and the Kingdom is more United than ever.

It's been a complete cock up so far. I take no pleasure in Remainers being correct, though I do admit to a little Schadenfreude when the 'Leave' voting farmers and fishermen start screeching they 'didn't vote for this'. Because nobody did. Nobody wanted this.

Well unless you're the Brexiteer equivalent of a besotted 12 year old girl practising writing 'Mrs Donald Trump' and 'Mrs Boris Johnson' on her exercise book.

Perhaps our government might realise what a complete balls up they've made, stop with all the 'English exceptionalism', and start actually working with our partners across the channel, rather than crying the EU are just being terribly beastly to us.

15. Likes The PNP, silver fox liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Your right a complete invention of mine all the remoaners were saying we are too big and significant on our own.

Even now with my failing eyesight and Brexit blinkers I could have sworn you wrote we will be poorer and settling into our place off Europe.

The reality must be the losing remoaners have accepted they lost the intellectual argument and are now fully behind the decision to leave

Aren't you at least privately pleased we didn't get involved with the EU vaccine project?

You can of course stay in full remoaner mode on here.

Is the procurement of vaccine the only thing you can chirp about? I don’t recall anyone saying that we couldn’t manage without the EU, rather that we were better served as part of a group with the NEIGHBOURS, sure we can trade all over the world, but is to our benefit, or just the dreamy eyed vision of Brexit idealists.

I still see no major advantages in leaving the EU, but there are clearly many disadvantages.

But you and those like minded have stitched us all up and we’ve now got to put up with it, but please show me and many others the positive reasons for creating problems were none previously existed.

17. Likes Toodles McGinty, The PNP liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by silver fox View Post
    Is the procurement of vaccine the only thing you can chirp about? I don’t recall anyone saying that we couldn’t manage without the EU, rather that we were better served as part of a group with the NEIGHBOURS, sure we can trade all over the world, but is to our benefit, or just the dreamy eyed vision of Brexit idealists.

I still see no major advantages in leaving the EU, but there are clearly many disadvantages.

But you and those like minded have stitched us all up and we’ve now got to put up with it, but please show me and many others the positive reasons for creating problems were none previously existed.
    The vaccine, or its initial rollout a few days before the EU, is about the only positive point those still classing themselves as 'Brexiteers' (not many left) have to make. Regardless of us being perfectly able to roll it out whenever we liked, in or out of the EU. It was only because the Lying Hack's optics have to be good. Then again it's looking like the EU, and pretty much every other country, will actually be vaccinated before us. What a marvellous little country we've become, when the government won't allow full vaccinations before 12 weeks, upon pain of possible dismissal.

So, maybe 4-500,000 fully vaccinated since early December?

Still, let's take the few positives while we can.

19. Likes The PNP liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes

Likes / Dislikes
    Pleased to read your post, Toodles McGinty. I've missed your contributions.

22. Likes Toodles McGinty liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Toodles McGinty View Post
    The vaccine, or its initial rollout a few days before the EU, is about the only positive point those still classing themselves as 'Brexiteers' (not many left) have to make. Regardless of us being perfectly able to roll it out whenever we liked, in or out of the EU. It was only because the Lying Hack's optics have to be good. Then again it's looking like the EU, and pretty much every other country, will actually be vaccinated before us. What a marvellous little country we've become, when the government won't allow full vaccinations before 12 weeks, upon pain of possible dismissal.

So, maybe 4-500,000 fully vaccinated since early December?

Still, let's take the few positives while we can.
    Welcpme back Toodles, of course all these Brexiteers knew of the pandemic when they voted and decided we would fare better on our own

24. Likes The PNP, Toodles McGinty liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamble View Post
    I don't think it ever was. But we did hold a privileged position within it. No Euro (though the pound is pretty weak), no Schengen.

I don't think anyone has ever claimed it is any kind of Utopia, even the most rabid EU advocate can see that 28, now 27 countries couldn't work seamlessly all the time. Even the few NAFTA countries had problems.

But it is advantageous to business. Both SMEs and large companies. I've lost count of the amount of companies tweeting apologies for no longer dealing with us. Plus we're having to dish out millions to keep the likes of Nissan to stay here. Even that isn't enough for companies such as Coca Cola and Berkeley.

Then when the Dept of Trade advises businesses to move to Europe, and the NI Sec. tells the world that Northern Ireland is perfectly placed because it's in the single market, there must be pause for thought.

Not that it holds any relevance now, but the whole problem with the referendum was that very few people actually voted for what we have now. There were so many variations in what Brexit meant to individuals, it should never have come down to 'in or out'. As mentioned, the fishermen are up in arms, the farmers are up in arms. So many people who voted 'out' are now saying 'Yes, but not like this'.

If I could personally pass legislation, apart from abolishing the FPTP system, would be to force politicians to actually tell the truth. Make it a crime to mislead the public in Parliament, or in elections. It'll never happen, but I think democracy could do with a good dose of honesty all round.

26. Likes The PNP, silver fox liked this post
FirstFirst ... ... LastLast
Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK /
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in UK
Replacement Stove Glass in UK
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
UKUK News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)
UK MasksUK Face MasksUK KN95 MasksUK Disposable MasksUK Hand SanitiserUK Hand SanitizerUK PPEUK Bathroom SuppliesUK Cheap BathroomsUK Discount BathroomsUK Bathroom SalesUK Bathroom SuitesUK Bathroom TapsUK Basin TapsUK Bath TapsUK Kitchen TapsUK Free Standing Bath TapsUK Bath Mixer TapUK Bidet TapsUK Shower EnclosuresUK Bi Fold Shower DoorsUK Corner ShowersUK Pivot Shower DoorsUK Sliding Shower DoorsUK Shower Side PanelsUK Quadrant ShowersUK Shower TraysUK Wet-RoomsUK Bathroom ShowersUK Showers ValvesUK Showers RailsUK Showers HeadsUK Showers ArmsUK Showers HandsetsUK Showers JetsUK Showers ElbowsUK Toilet SeatsUK ToiletsUK BasinsUK Basin WastesUK Combined Toilet BasinUK Bathroom FurnitureUK BathsUK L Shaped BathUK P Shaped BathUK Bath ScreensUK SanitarywareUK Combined Toilet BasinUK StovesUK Wood StovesUK Home StovesUK Cooker StovesUK Enamel StovesUK Designer StovesUK Contemporary StovesUK Multi Fuel StovesUK Car ServicingUK MOTgUK TyresUK Car BatteryUK ExhaustUK Journalist JobsUK Reporter JobsUK Writing JobsUK Freelance WriterUK Self Employed JobsUK Franchise BusinessUK Franchise OpportunitiesUK Car InsuranceUK Cheap Car InsuranceUK Car Insurance BrokersUK Driving SchoolsUK Driving LessonsUK Driving TestUK Driving Theory TestUK Driving Instruction, 0000 UK Driving Instructor, 0000 UK VouchersUK DealsUK MatalanUK Railway SleepersUK Reclaimed SleepersUK New SleepersUK CoalUK House CoalUK Household CoalUK Smokeless CoalUK Smokeless FuelUK Coal BagsUK FirewoodUK Fire WoodUK Kiln Dried HardwoodUK Kiln Dried LogsUK Logs For SaleUK Log SuppliesUK LogsUK Firewood LogsUK Seasoned LogsUK Hardwood LogsUK Firewood SuppliersUK Firewood Log SuppliersUK Firewood Dumpy BagsUK Firewood CratesUK Cheap FirewoodUK Homefire LogsUK Cheap Firewood LogsUK Kindle ConesUK Pizza Oven LogsUK Heating OilUK Home Heating OilUK Red DieselUK White DieselUK KereseneUK Commercial FuelsUK Calor GasUK Propane GasUK Butane GasUK Heating GasUK Horse TrainingUK Horse TrainerUK Horse WhispererUK Equine WhispererUK Horse Whisperer Victoria SmithUK Rattan Garden FurnitureUK Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan SofaUK Rattan Dining SetUK Rattan DirectUK Cheap Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan Corner SofasUK Rattan Day BedsUK Rattan Sun LoungersUK Rattan Cube SetsUK Rattan Bistro SetsUK ChimeneasUK FirepitsUK Patio HeatersUK Hygiene VendingUK Washroom VendingUK Air FreshenersUK Air CareUK Aerosol SystemsUK Gel SystemsUK Water SavingUK Urinal Water SavingUK Eco CapsUK SensaflushUK Water ManagementUK Urinal DosingUK Urinal V ScreensUK Legionella Risk AssessmentUK Legionella Risk TestingUK Legionaires Risk AssessmentUK Legionella BacteriaUK Legionaires BacteriaUK Legionella ComplianceUK Legionella AdviceUK Legionella Landlords AdviceUK Legionella TestingUK Legionella CheckUK Legionella RegulationsUK Legionella Risk Assessment For LandlordsUK Legionella Water TestingUK Legionella QuoteUK Fire Stove GlassUK Heat Resistant GlassUK Fire GlassUK Stove GlassUK Fire Resistant GlassUK Replacement Stove GlassUK Glass For StovesUK Dust MatsUK Entrance MatsUK Reception MatsUK Anti Fatigue MatsUK Floor MatsUK Logo MatsUK London Washroom ServicesUK London Sanitary BinsUK London Shredding ServicesUK London Trade Waste DisposalUK London Legionella TestingUK London Clinical WasteUK Washroom ServicesUK Principal WashroomsUK Washrooms SuppliesUK Washrooms SolutionsUK Sanitary DisposalUK Sanitary BinsUK Sani BinsUK Lady BinsUK Feminine Hygiene UnitsUK Sanitary Waste DisposalUK Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Waste BinUK Sanitary Waste BinsUK Sanitary UnitsUK Feminine UnitsUK Hygiene ServicesUK Sanitary Bin SupplierUK Sanitary Bin RentalUK Sanitary Bin Rental ServicesUK Sanitary BinUK SanitarybinUK Feminine Hygiene BinsUK Female Santary BinUK Sani binUK Sani binsUK Sanibin RentalUK Sanitary BoxUK Sanitary BoxesUK Sanitary Bin QuoteUK Sanitary Bin PriceUK Sanitary Bin CostUK Sanitary Disposal QuoteUK Sanitary Disposal PriceUK Sanitary Disposal CostUK Free Duty of CareUK Tampon BinUK Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Tampon BinUK Sanitary Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Towel BinUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Feminine WasteUK Feminine Hygiene WasteUK Sanitary Waste RegulationsUK Sanitary Waste LawUK Sanitary Bins LawUK Sanitary Bins For Small BusinessUK Sanitary Bin Service CostUK Sanitary Bin Collection CostUK Disposal of Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Sanitary Towel DisposalUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK Biomass WasteUK Metal WasteUK Paper ShreddingUK Local ShreddingUK Secure ShreddingUK Confidential ShreddingUK Document DestructionUK Confidential WasteUK Confidential Waste ServiceUK Confidential Waste ServicesUK Confidential Waste ShreddingUK Confidential Waste DisposalUK Confidential Waste DestructionUK On Site ShreddingUK Off Site ShreddingUK One Off ShreddingUK Contract ShreddingUK GDPR ShreddingUK ShreddingUK Document ShreddingUK Shredding ServicesUK Mobile ShreddingUK Dental WasteUK Dental Waste DisposalUK Dental Waste LegislationUK Dental Waste ComplianceUK Accupuncture WasteUK Accupuncture Waste DisposalUK Accupuncture Waste CollectionAccupuncture Waste in UKAccupuncture Waste Disposal in UKAccupuncture Waste Collection in UKUK Acupuncture WasteUK Acupuncture Waste DisposalUK Acupuncture Waste CollectionUK Acupuncture Waste ServiceUK Acupuncture Clinical WasteUK Acupuncture SharpsUK Acupuncture NeedlesUK Beauty Salon Clincical WasteUK Beauty Salon MicrobladingUK Beauty Salon NeedlesUK Beauty Salon SharpsUK Tattoo WasteUK Tattoo Waste DisposalTattoo Waste in UKTattoo Waste Disposal in UKTattoo Waste Collection in UKTattoo Waste Compliance in UKTattoo Waste Services in UKTattoo Clinical Waste in UKTattoo Sharps in UKTattoo Needles in UKUK Sharps BinUK Sharps BinsUK Sharps CollectionUK Sharps DisposalUK Hazardous SharpsUK Non Hazardous SharpsUK Cytotoxic SharpsUK Cytostatic SharpsUK Ink BlockUK Wet_WasteUK Tattoo InkUK Drug DestructionUK Drug DisposalUK Drug DenaturingUK Unwanted DrugsUK Out Of Date DrugsUK Pest ControlUK Rodent ControlUK Bird ControlUK Bird ProofingUK Guano ControlUK Pest Call OutUK Pest PreventionUK Pest DeterrentUK Nursery WasteUK Nappy WasteUK Nappy BinUK Nappy BinsUK Nappy DisposalUK Nappy Wheelie BinUK Nursery Waste DisposalUK Nursery Waste CollectionUK Nappy Waste RegulationsUK Commercial Nappy WasteUK Nappy Disposal BinUK Nappy Waste CollectionUK Incontinence PadsUK Offensive WasteUK Human WasteUK Nursing Home WasteUK Care Home WasteUK Hazardous WasteUK Infectous WasteUK Pharmaceutical WasteUK Medicinal WasteUK Medicine WasteUK Infection ControlUK Hand SanitisersUK Clinical WasteUK Clinical Waste RemovalUK Clinical Waste CollectionUK Clinical Waste RegulationsUK Clinical Waste DisposalUK Clinical Waste ManagementUK Clinical Waste PolicyUK EA RegistrationSell my scrap van in UKWashroom Services in TarletonSanitary bins quoteGarden Services in SouthportGarden Services in OrmskirkGarden Services in FormybGarden Services in TarletonUK Path GravelUK Path GravelsUK GravelUK GravelsUK Garden Path GravelUK Decorative GravelsUK Cotswold GravelUK Bulk AggregatesUK Mass AggregatesUK Aggregates SuppliersUK Aggregate SuppliersUK Bulk Bags AggregatesUK Bulk BagsUK Mot Type 1UK Mot Type 2UK Top SoilUK Building SandUK Grit SandUK Fine SandUK Play SandUK Top Dressing SandUK Silica SandUK Mersey SandUK Kiln Dried SandUK Plastering SandUK Crusher RunUK DustUK BallestUK HardcoreUK GritUK Horticultural GritUK Alpine GritUK LimestoneUK GraniteUK Cotswold ChippingsUK Golden FlintUK MoonstoneUK Pea GravelUK Cheshire PinkUK Yorkshire CreamUK Derbyshire Peak StoneUK Green BallastUK Autumn GoldUK Pink GravelUK Blue SlateUK Plum SlateUK Grey SlateUK Welsh SlateUK Play BarkUK Chip BarkUK Christmas TreesUK Xmas TreesUK Artificial TreeUK Christmas Decorations