UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
1 ... LastLast

Thread: US Election

Likes / Dislikes

US Election

Place yer bets.

I'm going for Biden, after Trump has to be dragged kicking and screaming out of the White House.

Don't think we'll know until December, unless it's a Biden landslide.

Then again, I was of the opinion that there's no way they could possibly make Trump president.

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    In the Trump v Trump election, there is no winner, Biden is terrible he's Hillary in drag and Trump well who needs anymore said about him.

Despite trying to toe a centerline with him I have always said a good opponent and he is history back to play golf.

America deserves better.

Likes / Dislikes
    They where daft enough to vote him in once, I wouldn't be surprised if they do it again.

5. Likes Desert Region liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceam View Post
    They where daft enough to vote him in once, I wouldn't be surprised if they do it again.
    Agreed

Likes / Dislikes
    I think Mr Trump will win ..

Likes / Dislikes
    America will never survive if the Donald wins, and more importantly, if all his enablers are still in office when the dust settles. It also will have a rocky few months if he loses. That's my fear on an emotional level.
    But I think he signs are there for a landslide for Biden. When all said and done Mr T has done nothing to expand his base (which was only ever about a third of the electorate) and everything to antagonise anyone who might have been won over to his side. He only got in because of the Electoral College, and that pathway is theoretically still open to him, but if yet another President loses the popular vote and still gets in there will be riots in the streets.

9. Likes Toodles McGinty, seivad liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by joan ofarc View Post
    America will never survive if the Donald wins, and more importantly, if all his enablers are still in office when the dust settles. It also will have a rocky few months if he loses. That's my fear on an emotional level.
    But I think he signs are there for a landslide for Biden. When all said and done Mr T has done nothing to expand his base (which was only ever about a third of the electorate) and everything to antagonise anyone who might have been won over to his side. He only got in because of the Electoral College, and that pathway is theoretically still open to him, but if yet another President loses the popular vote and still gets in there will be riots in the streets.
    I think a high turnout has to favour Biden.

Interesting projections and analyses of turnout at the U.S. Election Project here:

https://electproject.github.io/Early...sis_11_01.html

Likes / Dislikes
    My biggest concern is voter suppression. Because the US doesn't have uniform national voting rules for general elections, each state has its own rules.

In a 'normal' election year, differing state rules on mail in ballots wouldn't present much of a problem. This isn't a normal year though. Due to Covid an overwhelming number of people are voting by mail. According to states that publish the number of mail in ballot requests/returned ballots, the large majority are from Democrats.

This has caused a great deal of worry in the Republican camp, and this is where they are using state rules to try and nullify mail in ballots in battleground states. Some states specify mail in votes must be received on or before election day. Others specify votes must be postmarked on or before election day and received within a stated number of days after the election. Due to the backlog currently experienced by the US Postal Service, some states are requesting an extension to the counting date.

Republicans have been going to the courts to challenge state laws and overturn them. They have even tried to nullify 127,000 votes in the Houston area in Texas.These votes were cast in person in a drive through voting location set up by the county as a means of helping people to vote in person. Their rationale was that the votes have to be cast in a building. Republicans were denied in the Texas Supreme Court and a state court. They intend to appeal the decision.

In N.Carolina and Pennsylvania, two other battleground states, they have gone to the courts to try and disallow the 9 day (NC) and 3 day (PA) period of grace allowed for votes received after the election. The Supreme Court is allowing it, for now, with the possibility of revisiting their decision. In Wisconsin they went to the US Supreme Court and they blocked Wisconsin's request for an extension to count mail in ballots.

How many people will be disenfranchised due to the US Postal Service struggling with a huge backlog of mail and partisan efforts to disenfranchise the opposition's supporters? Did it not occur to them that some of those mail in votes will also be from Republicans? I don't differentiate between party allegiance in the count. ALL votes should be counted. You and I may moan about our Parliamentary system, but can you imagine this happening in our countries? Democracy my a s s

12. Likes silver fox liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by seivad View Post

This has caused a great deal of worry in the Republican camp, and this is where they are using state rules to try and nullify mail in ballots in battleground states. Some states specify mail in votes must be received on or before election day. Others specify votes must be postmarked on or before election day and received within a stated number of days after the election...

....How many people will be disenfranchised due to the US Postal Service struggling with a huge backlog of mail and partisan efforts to disenfranchise the opposition's supporters? Did it not occur to them that some of those mail in votes will also be from Republicans? I don't differentiate between party allegiance in the count. ALL votes should be counted. You and I may moan about our Parliamentary system, but can you imagine this happening in our countries? Democracy my a s s
    This makes me angrier than it really should, considering it has nothing to do with me.

That the GOP are openly and deliberately stopping votes is sickening. Apart from Trump, this is the reason I hope the Dems win by a record landslide. I know they won't, but I so wish they would.

I'm hoping for a 'yuge' Dem win and the Republicans lose control of the lot. And pack the Supreme Court while they're at it, because the religious nuts on there enrage me further.

I see a whole lot of trouble for that country, whichever way the vote goes.

14. Likes silver fox, seivad liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Toodles McGinty View Post
    This makes me angrier than it really should, considering it has nothing to do with me.

That the GOP are openly and deliberately stopping votes is sickening. Apart from Trump, this is the reason I hope the Dems win by a record landslide. I know they won't, but I so wish they would.

I'm hoping for a 'yuge' Dem win and the Republicans lose control of the lot. And pack the Supreme Court while they're at it, because the religious nuts on there enrage me further.

I see a whole lot of trouble for that country, whichever way the vote goes.
    Trump supporters are trying every trick in the dirty tricks book to deny and interfere with the voting, no matter what we think of our country and systems, the tactic of blocking access to a drive through voting ballot box just wouldn’t be allowed at all, armed men and women patrolling around early voting sites is not what we would expect in a “democracy”.

All this is encouraged by Trump, if unrest breaks out from his supporters, will he be calling for military support to stop any violence? or will he try to brand it the democratic rights of gun toting thugs?

As added interest I notice Deutsche Bank is wanting to be rid of their association with Trump, but don’t want to take any action which may appear to be political interference while he is sitting President.

16. Likes Toodles McGinty, seivad liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    How about Hillary Clinton for Attorney General?

She could prosecute Trump. And lock him up.

18. Likes seivad, donkey22 liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Toodles McGinty View Post
    How about Hillary Clinton for Attorney General?

She could prosecute Trump. And lock him up.
    The problem is, Trump has been busily loading the Supreme Court with supporters, that in itself is a travesty.

20. Likes Toodles McGinty, seivad, donkey22 liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by joan ofarc View Post
    Behind the scenes his enablers have finally come to the realisation that they will forever be tainted by their sickening praise of Trump and support of his twisted agenda. Be it 2020 or 2024, when the swampiest swamp of all is finally drained these people will find life on the outside very difficult.

Mitch McConnell, or as I like to call him, Jabba the Hut, seems to believe that Trump won't be returned to office. I don't imagine he'll be too bothered as its well known that he abhors Trump. He's directed Senators to concentrate on the Senate race. If Biden is elected, a sizeable Republican majority Senate will mean that they can effectively govern the country. I think it's quite likely that they will hold on to the Senate majority, but possibly with a smaller majority than expected. They will most definitely not take the House.

Whatever the result is, there will be civil unrest. Have you seen all the stores in major cities that are boarding up their premises? It's like a banana republic. So much for the 'shining city on the hill' !

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by silver fox View Post
    The problem is, Trump has been busily loading the Supreme Court with supporters, that in itself is a travesty.
    And not just the Supreme Court, hundreds of the lower courts as well. During Obama's term the Republican majority Senate blocked all of Obama's court nominees, leaving hundreds of openings when Obama left office. Mitch McConnell and Trump have been busy for 4 years packing the benches with Conservative judges. To hear Trump talk about it he claims that Obama left him this gift. Not so, he was powerless to fill the positions.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by seivad View Post
    Behind the scenes his enablers have finally come to the realisation that they will forever be tainted by their sickening praise of Trump and support of his twisted agenda. Be it 2020 or 2024, when the swampiest swamp of all is finally drained these people will find life on the outside very difficult.

Mitch McConnell, or as I like to call him, Jabba the Hut, seems to believe that Trump won't be returned to office. I don't imagine he'll be too bothered as its well known that he abhors Trump. He's directed Senators to concentrate on the Senate race. If Biden is elected, a sizeable Republican majority Senate will mean that they can effectively govern the country. I think it's quite likely that they will hold on to the Senate majority, but possibly with a smaller majority than expected. They will most definitely not take the House.

Whatever the result is, there will be civil unrest. Have you seen all the stores in major cities that are boarding up their premises? It's like a banana republic. So much for the 'shining city on the hill' !
    America has been revealed as an empty vessel, berating countries around the world for lack of democracy while being nothing more than a third-rate proto-democracy themselves. It's a bit like when USSR was found to not be the super power we all thought it was behind that iron curtain, just a third world country with delusions of grandeur.

The thing that saddens me most when watching American political shows is that they just shrug their shoulders at things that would have most European countries frothing at the mouth.....changing voting arrangements at the last minute, shameless voter suppression and even more shamefully using the courts quite openly to seek to discount thousands of votes. And queuing 8 hours to vote! Can you see British voters putting up with any of that? They congratulate themselves on well run elections when they haven't a clue what that means.

1 ... LastLast
Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK /
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in UK
Replacement Stove Glass in UK
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
UKUK News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)
UK MasksUK Face MasksUK KN95 MasksUK Disposable MasksUK Hand SanitiserUK Hand SanitizerUK PPEUK Bathroom SuppliesUK Cheap BathroomsUK Discount BathroomsUK Bathroom SalesUK Bathroom SuitesUK Bathroom TapsUK Basin TapsUK Bath TapsUK Kitchen TapsUK Free Standing Bath TapsUK Bath Mixer TapUK Bidet TapsUK Shower EnclosuresUK Bi Fold Shower DoorsUK Corner ShowersUK Pivot Shower DoorsUK Sliding Shower DoorsUK Shower Side PanelsUK Quadrant ShowersUK Shower TraysUK Wet-RoomsUK Bathroom ShowersUK Showers ValvesUK Showers RailsUK Showers HeadsUK Showers ArmsUK Showers HandsetsUK Showers JetsUK Showers ElbowsUK Toilet SeatsUK ToiletsUK BasinsUK Basin WastesUK Combined Toilet BasinUK Bathroom FurnitureUK BathsUK L Shaped BathUK P Shaped BathUK Bath ScreensUK SanitarywareUK Combined Toilet BasinUK StovesUK Wood StovesUK Home StovesUK Cooker StovesUK Enamel StovesUK Designer StovesUK Contemporary StovesUK Multi Fuel StovesUK Car ServicingUK MOTgUK TyresUK Car BatteryUK ExhaustUK Journalist JobsUK Reporter JobsUK Writing JobsUK Freelance WriterUK Self Employed JobsUK Franchise BusinessUK Franchise OpportunitiesUK Car InsuranceUK Cheap Car InsuranceUK Car Insurance BrokersUK Driving SchoolsUK Driving LessonsUK Driving TestUK Driving Theory TestUK Driving Instruction, 0000 UK Driving Instructor, 0000 UK VouchersUK DealsUK MatalanUK Railway SleepersUK Reclaimed SleepersUK New SleepersUK CoalUK House CoalUK Household CoalUK Smokeless CoalUK Smokeless FuelUK Coal BagsUK FirewoodUK Fire WoodUK Kiln Dried HardwoodUK Kiln Dried LogsUK Logs For SaleUK Log SuppliesUK LogsUK Firewood LogsUK Seasoned LogsUK Hardwood LogsUK Firewood SuppliersUK Firewood Log SuppliersUK Firewood Dumpy BagsUK Firewood CratesUK Cheap FirewoodUK Homefire LogsUK Cheap Firewood LogsUK Kindle ConesUK Pizza Oven LogsUK Heating OilUK Home Heating OilUK Red DieselUK White DieselUK KereseneUK Commercial FuelsUK Calor GasUK Propane GasUK Butane GasUK Heating GasUK Horse TrainingUK Horse TrainerUK Horse WhispererUK Equine WhispererUK Horse Whisperer Victoria SmithUK Rattan Garden FurnitureUK Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan SofaUK Rattan Dining SetUK Rattan DirectUK Cheap Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan Corner SofasUK Rattan Day BedsUK Rattan Sun LoungersUK Rattan Cube SetsUK Rattan Bistro SetsUK ChimeneasUK FirepitsUK Patio HeatersUK Hygiene VendingUK Washroom VendingUK Air FreshenersUK Air CareUK Aerosol SystemsUK Gel SystemsUK Water SavingUK Urinal Water SavingUK Eco CapsUK SensaflushUK Water ManagementUK Urinal DosingUK Urinal V ScreensUK Legionella Risk AssessmentUK Legionella Risk TestingUK Legionaires Risk AssessmentUK Legionella BacteriaUK Legionaires BacteriaUK Legionella ComplianceUK Legionella AdviceUK Legionella Landlords AdviceUK Legionella TestingUK Legionella CheckUK Legionella RegulationsUK Legionella Risk Assessment For LandlordsUK Legionella Water TestingUK Legionella QuoteUK Fire Stove GlassUK Heat Resistant GlassUK Fire GlassUK Stove GlassUK Fire Resistant GlassUK Replacement Stove GlassUK Glass For StovesUK Dust MatsUK Entrance MatsUK Reception MatsUK Anti Fatigue MatsUK Floor MatsUK Logo MatsUK London Washroom ServicesUK London Sanitary BinsUK London Shredding ServicesUK London Trade Waste DisposalUK London Legionella TestingUK London Clinical WasteUK Washroom ServicesUK Principal WashroomsUK Washrooms SuppliesUK Washrooms SolutionsUK Sanitary DisposalUK Sanitary BinsUK Sani BinsUK Lady BinsUK Feminine Hygiene UnitsUK Sanitary Waste DisposalUK Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Waste BinUK Sanitary Waste BinsUK Sanitary UnitsUK Feminine UnitsUK Hygiene ServicesUK Sanitary Bin SupplierUK Sanitary Bin RentalUK Sanitary Bin Rental ServicesUK Sanitary BinUK SanitarybinUK Feminine Hygiene BinsUK Female Santary BinUK Sani binUK Sani binsUK Sanibin RentalUK Sanitary BoxUK Sanitary BoxesUK Sanitary Bin QuoteUK Sanitary Bin PriceUK Sanitary Bin CostUK Sanitary Disposal QuoteUK Sanitary Disposal PriceUK Sanitary Disposal CostUK Free Duty of CareUK Tampon BinUK Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Tampon BinUK Sanitary Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Towel BinUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Feminine WasteUK Feminine Hygiene WasteUK Sanitary Waste RegulationsUK Sanitary Waste LawUK Sanitary Bins LawUK Sanitary Bins For Small BusinessUK Sanitary Bin Service CostUK Sanitary Bin Collection CostUK Disposal of Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Sanitary Towel DisposalUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK Biomass WasteUK Metal WasteUK Paper ShreddingUK Local ShreddingUK Secure ShreddingUK Confidential ShreddingUK Document DestructionUK Confidential WasteUK Confidential Waste ServiceUK Confidential Waste ServicesUK Confidential Waste ShreddingUK Confidential Waste DisposalUK Confidential Waste DestructionUK On Site ShreddingUK Off Site ShreddingUK One Off ShreddingUK Contract ShreddingUK GDPR ShreddingUK ShreddingUK Document ShreddingUK Shredding ServicesUK Mobile ShreddingUK Dental WasteUK Dental Waste DisposalUK Dental Waste LegislationUK Dental Waste ComplianceUK Accupuncture WasteUK Accupuncture Waste DisposalUK Accupuncture Waste CollectionAccupuncture Waste in UKAccupuncture Waste Disposal in UKAccupuncture Waste Collection in UKUK Acupuncture WasteUK Acupuncture Waste DisposalUK Acupuncture Waste CollectionUK Acupuncture Waste ServiceUK Acupuncture Clinical WasteUK Acupuncture SharpsUK Acupuncture NeedlesUK Beauty Salon Clincical WasteUK Beauty Salon MicrobladingUK Beauty Salon NeedlesUK Beauty Salon SharpsUK Tattoo WasteUK Tattoo Waste DisposalTattoo Waste in UKTattoo Waste Disposal in UKTattoo Waste Collection in UKTattoo Waste Compliance in UKTattoo Waste Services in UKTattoo Clinical Waste in UKTattoo Sharps in UKTattoo Needles in UKUK Sharps BinUK Sharps BinsUK Sharps CollectionUK Sharps DisposalUK Hazardous SharpsUK Non Hazardous SharpsUK Cytotoxic SharpsUK Cytostatic SharpsUK Ink BlockUK Wet_WasteUK Tattoo InkUK Drug DestructionUK Drug DisposalUK Drug DenaturingUK Unwanted DrugsUK Out Of Date DrugsUK Pest ControlUK Rodent ControlUK Bird ControlUK Bird ProofingUK Guano ControlUK Pest Call OutUK Pest PreventionUK Pest DeterrentUK Nursery WasteUK Nappy WasteUK Nappy BinUK Nappy BinsUK Nappy DisposalUK Nappy Wheelie BinUK Nursery Waste DisposalUK Nursery Waste CollectionUK Nappy Waste RegulationsUK Commercial Nappy WasteUK Nappy Disposal BinUK Nappy Waste CollectionUK Incontinence PadsUK Offensive WasteUK Human WasteUK Nursing Home WasteUK Care Home WasteUK Hazardous WasteUK Infectous WasteUK Pharmaceutical WasteUK Medicinal WasteUK Medicine WasteUK Infection ControlUK Hand SanitisersUK Clinical WasteUK Clinical Waste RemovalUK Clinical Waste CollectionUK Clinical Waste RegulationsUK Clinical Waste DisposalUK Clinical Waste ManagementUK Clinical Waste PolicyUK EA RegistrationSell my scrap van in UKWashroom Services in TarletonSanitary bins quoteGarden Services in SouthportGarden Services in OrmskirkGarden Services in FormybGarden Services in TarletonUK Path GravelUK Path GravelsUK GravelUK GravelsUK Garden Path GravelUK Decorative GravelsUK Cotswold GravelUK Bulk AggregatesUK Mass AggregatesUK Aggregates SuppliersUK Aggregate SuppliersUK Bulk Bags AggregatesUK Bulk BagsUK Mot Type 1UK Mot Type 2UK Top SoilUK Building SandUK Grit SandUK Fine SandUK Play SandUK Top Dressing SandUK Silica SandUK Mersey SandUK Kiln Dried SandUK Plastering SandUK Crusher RunUK DustUK BallestUK HardcoreUK GritUK Horticultural GritUK Alpine GritUK LimestoneUK GraniteUK Cotswold ChippingsUK Golden FlintUK MoonstoneUK Pea GravelUK Cheshire PinkUK Yorkshire CreamUK Derbyshire Peak StoneUK Green BallastUK Autumn GoldUK Pink GravelUK Blue SlateUK Plum SlateUK Grey SlateUK Welsh SlateUK Play BarkUK Chip BarkUK Christmas TreesUK Xmas TreesUK Artificial TreeUK Christmas Decorations