UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
1 LastLast
    Likes / Dislikes

Time to revisit restrictions?

New Stats released by PHE have been released which reveal the most 'Popular' places for catching the virus. Surely the way forward to return to normality is to tighten up on areas where we are most vulnerable and to slacken off in areas where there is little chance of catching it.
    The worst activities to undertake are in Education and Shopping which account for over half of the cases analysed, whilst these are both necessary surely they should be looking to make these activities safer.
    Shops have taken precautions though I often get the impression it is only paying lip service and is only a PR exercise at best. But it is time to crackdown and to implement strict regulations and cut numbers inside the shops, coming out of Lockdown on Dec 2nd is an ideal opportunity to start afresh. When the first lockdown occurred we saw queues around the carparks and whilst that is probably not desirable in winter at least it would encourage people to shop 'Offpeak' and make full use of the spread of hours across the week in the shops.
    Similarly in schools and Colleges to break the cycle should not the student numbers be cut by doing a mixture of schooling in school with an extended spread of hours to cut down numbers on site together with a mixture of more homework and online teaching.
    Implementing these sort of measures should lessen infections and other less dangerous activities should be resumed (at least a bloke playing golf isn't being dragged around shops) and restricted hospitality could be reopened.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...tract-19310501

2. Likes Toodles McGinty liked this post

3. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    We are in lockdown and only allowed out for certain reasons.

If shopping for food is the top reason it follows infections will go up
    if people do not follow the guidelines.

5. Likes carliol liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    I reckon that until we've all been vaccinated fully against this virus, something is going to have to be done about schools in particular.

My 3 youngest grandkids were off this week. Two with chickenpox, one because she'd been in contact with Coronavirus through school. Their brother, 10, went in school.

In their school, one entire year is out, half of the others are in and out, another local primary has closed.

Plus people still just aren't following the guidance. 1000s dead in the past week, yet people just go about as normal. My elderly neighbours, whose groceries I add to my order so they don't have to go to the shops, had their son round yesterday from Manchester. I know it's tough, we all want to see our loved ones, but it's a few weeks, for goodness sake.

Those of us who are following guidelines are wondering what the point is, if we aren't all in this together.

7. Likes N/A, Darkside, carliol liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamble View Post
    We are in lockdown and only allowed out for certain reasons.

If shopping for food is the top reason it follows infections will go up
    if people do not follow the guidelines.
    That is the current situation, most of the country before this were under minimal restrictions.

Likes / Dislikes
    This week we had new visiting guidelines from mothers care home.

I sat at a distance in a designated out house with the door open mask visor and gloves on whilst we chatted.

Mr Hamble waved from outside the gate.

We drove to my fathers house and as last night as he is a bit deaf stand at the gate talk via mobile as he stood at his front door.

After it was so inviting to just pull up by the beach and go for a walk that would not have been in the spirit of the guidelines.

Then we drove home had a quick walk around a local reservoir off the Grane Rd.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Alikado View Post
    That is the current situation, most of the country before this were under minimal restrictions.
    2 weeks now.
    Before that were the infections up from non essential shops and pubs?

Lamparilla Guest
    I think the restrictions should be even stricter.

After 2nd December, people will just go back to normal, have huge Christmas gatherings and wonder why there's another lockdown in January.

It seems to me that the age group flouting the restrictions the most, won't qualify for the vaccine for months.

12. Likes Toodles McGinty, donkey22, N/A, carliol liked this post
    Dislikes Darkside disliked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    This week we had new visiting guidelines from mothers care home.

I sat at a distance in a designated out house with the door open mask visor and gloves on whilst we chatted.

Mr Hamble waved from outside the gate.

We drove to my fathers house and as last night as he is a bit deaf stand at the gate talk via mobile as he stood at his front door.

After it was so inviting to just pull up by the beach and go for a walk that would not have been in the spirit of the guidelines.

Then we drove home had a quick walk around a local reservoir off the Grane Rd.
    I'm glad you got to see your parents, H, even in a restricted way.

A friend runs a take-away place. She says that right now her customers go in from 12-3pm. Almost all are out of towners. Most ask why other places aren't open. Unbelievable.

You have a legitimate reason to be here. You've more right to walk on the beach than most who are around there right now. I'd take a break and a breather on the beach if I were you. It can't be easy to see your folks under those circumstances.

14. Likes Hamble, Darkside liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamparilla View Post

After 2nd December, people will just go back to normal, have huge Christmas gatherings and wonder why there's another lockdown in January.

It seems to me that the age group flouting the restrictions the most, won't qualify for the vaccine for months.
    Compared to the first lockdown, general behaviour this time is nothing like the same. Roads emptied first time, but this time around they're busy. Supermarkets aren't diligently wiping trolley handles like they were, the aisles aren't one-way only, etc. Apart from requiring masks, you'd hardly know there's a pandemic on!

Re inoculations: It was said on the news today, that they're hoping protection will last for up to six months following a jab. If that is the case, it looks like we're in for an endless series of jabs for the rest of our lives!
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamparilla View Post

I couldn’t agree more with you regarding the need for tougher restrictions. The problem is that people just aren’t following them this time. This lockdown is completely different to the first one, it feels so half hearted.

17. Likes carliol liked this post
    Dislikes Darkside disliked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Its not just restrictions though, its how we use masks!

Whilst waiting (in my car) at Ainsdale Station crossing, a lady got off the train wearing a mask, she took it off folded it up, put it in her handbag, and got out her phone, rang who ever it was, ith the phone and hand touching her face.

Now, IF her mask had any Covid molecules on it, they would pass from her hand to phone to face !

19. Likes Toodles McGinty liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Children's lives are being ruined by the rush to go online it must be avoided at all costs.

If it needs tighter restrictions then so be it but anyone who has any experience of online learning knows what an abject failure it is.

The numbers are bound to be higher with places that have more people in them.

For some people their only trip out is to a supermarket, stricter adherence to cleanliness and mask-wearing is a price we will have to pay.

21. Likes Darkside liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    2 weeks now.
    Before that were the infections up from non essential shops and pubs?
    It is an analysis of track and trace cases going back a while not just recent.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by local View Post
    Children's lives are being ruined by the rush to go online it must be avoided at all costs.

If it needs tighter restrictions then so be it but anyone who has any experience of online learning knows what an abject failure it is.

The numbers are bound to be higher with places that have more people in them.

For some people their only trip out is to a supermarket, stricter adherence to cleanliness and mask-wearing is a price we will have to pay.
    The supermarkets need to be sorted out, the restrictions on people entering only seem to be to stop crowding around the door, once that is cleared it is cram them in. I visited Sainsburys the other afternoon for bread and milk and there was a minimal queue caused by wiping trollies and baskets, the door Marshall swapped over handed the tablet over 5 mins later when I left there was a queue of around a dozen, the bloke on the door was told to get them in, he protested that he was letting 1 out 1 in to no avail. Supermarkets obstruct the flow with pinch points using baskets and displays in the aisles these need clearing away to let the customers circulate, the admission to the store needs to controlled by how many are queuing for the tills not the queue for the trolley wipes also the trollies and baskets should be wiped by staff when collected not by the customers.

24. Likes Toodles McGinty, local, Grassroots. liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    You are right standards have dropped.

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK /
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in UK
Replacement Stove Glass in UK
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
UKUK News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)
UK MasksUK Face MasksUK KN95 MasksUK Disposable MasksUK Hand SanitiserUK Hand SanitizerUK PPEUK Bathroom SuppliesUK Cheap BathroomsUK Discount BathroomsUK Bathroom SalesUK Bathroom SuitesUK Bathroom TapsUK Basin TapsUK Bath TapsUK Kitchen TapsUK Free Standing Bath TapsUK Bath Mixer TapUK Bidet TapsUK Shower EnclosuresUK Bi Fold Shower DoorsUK Corner ShowersUK Pivot Shower DoorsUK Sliding Shower DoorsUK Shower Side PanelsUK Quadrant ShowersUK Shower TraysUK Wet-RoomsUK Bathroom ShowersUK Showers ValvesUK Showers RailsUK Showers HeadsUK Showers ArmsUK Showers HandsetsUK Showers JetsUK Showers ElbowsUK Toilet SeatsUK ToiletsUK BasinsUK Basin WastesUK Combined Toilet BasinUK Bathroom FurnitureUK BathsUK L Shaped BathUK P Shaped BathUK Bath ScreensUK SanitarywareUK Combined Toilet BasinUK StovesUK Wood StovesUK Home StovesUK Cooker StovesUK Enamel StovesUK Designer StovesUK Contemporary StovesUK Multi Fuel StovesUK Car ServicingUK MOTgUK TyresUK Car BatteryUK ExhaustUK Journalist JobsUK Reporter JobsUK Writing JobsUK Freelance WriterUK Self Employed JobsUK Franchise BusinessUK Franchise OpportunitiesUK Car InsuranceUK Cheap Car InsuranceUK Car Insurance BrokersUK Driving SchoolsUK Driving LessonsUK Driving TestUK Driving Theory TestUK Driving Instruction, 0000 UK Driving Instructor, 0000 UK VouchersUK DealsUK MatalanUK Railway SleepersUK Reclaimed SleepersUK New SleepersUK CoalUK House CoalUK Household CoalUK Smokeless CoalUK Smokeless FuelUK Coal BagsUK FirewoodUK Fire WoodUK Kiln Dried HardwoodUK Kiln Dried LogsUK Logs For SaleUK Log SuppliesUK LogsUK Firewood LogsUK Seasoned LogsUK Hardwood LogsUK Firewood SuppliersUK Firewood Log SuppliersUK Firewood Dumpy BagsUK Firewood CratesUK Cheap FirewoodUK Homefire LogsUK Cheap Firewood LogsUK Kindle ConesUK Pizza Oven LogsUK Heating OilUK Home Heating OilUK Red DieselUK White DieselUK KereseneUK Commercial FuelsUK Calor GasUK Propane GasUK Butane GasUK Heating GasUK Horse TrainingUK Horse TrainerUK Horse WhispererUK Equine WhispererUK Horse Whisperer Victoria SmithUK Rattan Garden FurnitureUK Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan SofaUK Rattan Dining SetUK Rattan DirectUK Cheap Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan Corner SofasUK Rattan Day BedsUK Rattan Sun LoungersUK Rattan Cube SetsUK Rattan Bistro SetsUK ChimeneasUK FirepitsUK Patio HeatersUK Hygiene VendingUK Washroom VendingUK Air FreshenersUK Air CareUK Aerosol SystemsUK Gel SystemsUK Water SavingUK Urinal Water SavingUK Eco CapsUK SensaflushUK Water ManagementUK Urinal DosingUK Urinal V ScreensUK Legionella Risk AssessmentUK Legionella Risk TestingUK Legionaires Risk AssessmentUK Legionella BacteriaUK Legionaires BacteriaUK Legionella ComplianceUK Legionella AdviceUK Legionella Landlords AdviceUK Legionella TestingUK Legionella CheckUK Legionella RegulationsUK Legionella Risk Assessment For LandlordsUK Legionella Water TestingUK Legionella QuoteUK Fire Stove GlassUK Heat Resistant GlassUK Fire GlassUK Stove GlassUK Fire Resistant GlassUK Replacement Stove GlassUK Glass For StovesUK Dust MatsUK Entrance MatsUK Reception MatsUK Anti Fatigue MatsUK Floor MatsUK Logo MatsUK London Washroom ServicesUK London Sanitary BinsUK London Shredding ServicesUK London Trade Waste DisposalUK London Legionella TestingUK London Clinical WasteUK Washroom ServicesUK Principal WashroomsUK Washrooms SuppliesUK Washrooms SolutionsUK Sanitary DisposalUK Sanitary BinsUK Sani BinsUK Lady BinsUK Feminine Hygiene UnitsUK Sanitary Waste DisposalUK Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Waste BinUK Sanitary Waste BinsUK Sanitary UnitsUK Feminine UnitsUK Hygiene ServicesUK Sanitary Bin SupplierUK Sanitary Bin RentalUK Sanitary Bin Rental ServicesUK Sanitary BinUK SanitarybinUK Feminine Hygiene BinsUK Female Santary BinUK Sani binUK Sani binsUK Sanibin RentalUK Sanitary BoxUK Sanitary BoxesUK Sanitary Bin QuoteUK Sanitary Bin PriceUK Sanitary Bin CostUK Sanitary Disposal QuoteUK Sanitary Disposal PriceUK Sanitary Disposal CostUK Free Duty of CareUK Tampon BinUK Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Tampon BinUK Sanitary Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Towel BinUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Feminine WasteUK Feminine Hygiene WasteUK Sanitary Waste RegulationsUK Sanitary Waste LawUK Sanitary Bins LawUK Sanitary Bins For Small BusinessUK Sanitary Bin Service CostUK Sanitary Bin Collection CostUK Disposal of Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Sanitary Towel DisposalUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK Biomass WasteUK Metal WasteUK Paper ShreddingUK Local ShreddingUK Secure ShreddingUK Confidential ShreddingUK Document DestructionUK Confidential WasteUK Confidential Waste ServiceUK Confidential Waste ServicesUK Confidential Waste ShreddingUK Confidential Waste DisposalUK Confidential Waste DestructionUK On Site ShreddingUK Off Site ShreddingUK One Off ShreddingUK Contract ShreddingUK GDPR ShreddingUK ShreddingUK Document ShreddingUK Shredding ServicesUK Mobile ShreddingUK Dental WasteUK Dental Waste DisposalUK Dental Waste LegislationUK Dental Waste ComplianceUK Accupuncture WasteUK Accupuncture Waste DisposalUK Accupuncture Waste CollectionAccupuncture Waste in UKAccupuncture Waste Disposal in UKAccupuncture Waste Collection in UKUK Acupuncture WasteUK Acupuncture Waste DisposalUK Acupuncture Waste CollectionUK Acupuncture Waste ServiceUK Acupuncture Clinical WasteUK Acupuncture SharpsUK Acupuncture NeedlesUK Beauty Salon Clincical WasteUK Beauty Salon MicrobladingUK Beauty Salon NeedlesUK Beauty Salon SharpsUK Tattoo WasteUK Tattoo Waste DisposalTattoo Waste in UKTattoo Waste Disposal in UKTattoo Waste Collection in UKTattoo Waste Compliance in UKTattoo Waste Services in UKTattoo Clinical Waste in UKTattoo Sharps in UKTattoo Needles in UKUK Sharps BinUK Sharps BinsUK Sharps CollectionUK Sharps DisposalUK Hazardous SharpsUK Non Hazardous SharpsUK Cytotoxic SharpsUK Cytostatic SharpsUK Ink BlockUK Wet_WasteUK Tattoo InkUK Drug DestructionUK Drug DisposalUK Drug DenaturingUK Unwanted DrugsUK Out Of Date DrugsUK Pest ControlUK Rodent ControlUK Bird ControlUK Bird ProofingUK Guano ControlUK Pest Call OutUK Pest PreventionUK Pest DeterrentUK Nursery WasteUK Nappy WasteUK Nappy BinUK Nappy BinsUK Nappy DisposalUK Nappy Wheelie BinUK Nursery Waste DisposalUK Nursery Waste CollectionUK Nappy Waste RegulationsUK Commercial Nappy WasteUK Nappy Disposal BinUK Nappy Waste CollectionUK Incontinence PadsUK Offensive WasteUK Human WasteUK Nursing Home WasteUK Care Home WasteUK Hazardous WasteUK Infectous WasteUK Pharmaceutical WasteUK Medicinal WasteUK Medicine WasteUK Infection ControlUK Hand SanitisersUK Clinical WasteUK Clinical Waste RemovalUK Clinical Waste CollectionUK Clinical Waste RegulationsUK Clinical Waste DisposalUK Clinical Waste ManagementUK Clinical Waste PolicyUK EA RegistrationSell my scrap van in UKWashroom Services in TarletonSanitary bins quoteGarden Services in SouthportGarden Services in OrmskirkGarden Services in FormybGarden Services in TarletonUK Path GravelUK Path GravelsUK GravelUK GravelsUK Garden Path GravelUK Decorative GravelsUK Cotswold GravelUK Bulk AggregatesUK Mass AggregatesUK Aggregates SuppliersUK Aggregate SuppliersUK Bulk Bags AggregatesUK Bulk BagsUK Mot Type 1UK Mot Type 2UK Top SoilUK Building SandUK Grit SandUK Fine SandUK Play SandUK Top Dressing SandUK Silica SandUK Mersey SandUK Kiln Dried SandUK Plastering SandUK Crusher RunUK DustUK BallestUK HardcoreUK GritUK Horticultural GritUK Alpine GritUK LimestoneUK GraniteUK Cotswold ChippingsUK Golden FlintUK MoonstoneUK Pea GravelUK Cheshire PinkUK Yorkshire CreamUK Derbyshire Peak StoneUK Green BallastUK Autumn GoldUK Pink GravelUK Blue SlateUK Plum SlateUK Grey SlateUK Welsh SlateUK Play BarkUK Chip BarkUK Christmas TreesUK Xmas TreesUK Artificial TreeUK Christmas Decorations