UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
1 ... LastLast
    Likes / Dislikes

Christmas Bubble for Covid

Who dreams this crap up ? One thing about a bubble its 100% certain that it POP's

The Government has agreed with the other nations of the UK (Scotland, Ireland and Wales) a set of Christmas ‘rules’ to ensure a consistent approach for people to follow. They have announced that from Wednesday 23rd to Sunday 27th December:

• you can form an exclusive ‘Christmas bubble’ composed of people from no more than three households;
    • you can only be in one Christmas bubble;
    • you cannot change your Christmas bubble;
    • you can travel between tiers and UK nations for the purposes of meeting your Christmas bubble;
    • you can only meet your Christmas bubble in private homes or in your garden, places of worship, or public outdoor spaces;
    • you can continue to meet people who are not in your Christmas bubble outside your home according to the rules in the tier where you are staying;
    • you cannot meet someone in a private dwelling who is not part of your household or Christmas bubble;
    • people who are self isolating should not join a Christmas bubble.

Call or text roving-eye with your news 07530 315 478 or email timj@qnews.co.uk

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    I'm not extending our 'bubble' until I know everyone currently excluded has had the vaccines. Christmas or not. I'll buy a turkey at Easter and have a family gathering then. I can cuddle the grandkids as long as I like then.

This '3 household bubble for 5 days' is insanity. Thousands are dying per week right now. That's going to shoot up in January / February.

As him indoors says, I'd rather avoid them this Christmas, then have many, many more with them when the pandemic is over. The 'festive period' is enough pressure for many, without having to worry your family are going to kill you.

Absolute insanity.

4. Likes N/A, MICK/GILLY, Styx, Duke Nukem, Anon, seivad liked this post
    Lamparilla Guest
    All these 'bubble' rules seem to be about 23rd -27th December, but what about the period between now and then?

I havent seen anything about Christmas shopping trips, e.g. to Liverpool, which is within our tier. Is that non-essential travel?

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamparilla View Post
    All these 'bubble' rules seem to be about 23rd -27th December, but what about the period between now and then?

I havent seen anything about Christmas shopping trips, e.g. to Liverpool, which is within our tier. Is that non-essential travel?
    A lot will depend on what tier we will be in and that will be announced tomorrow.

Lamparilla Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by salus.populi View Post
    A lot will depend on what tier we will be in and that will be announced tomorrow.
    Oh, I thought we were lumped in with Liverpool and will still be on Tier 3, which is what the media seem to be saying.

However, the rate has come down a lot over the region (including Liverpool itself), although the government's website is about a week out of date. The region is now showing as 'below average'.

8. Dislikes N/A disliked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    For me this is a difficult one, I have followed all rules laid down since March.

I may be wrong and my apologies if I am but how many of us are in single person households like myself.

It is a much easier decision to make, not to form an additional Christmas bubble if you live with a partner/spouse and/or children etc. I really don't want to spend Christmas day alone!

My support bubble from when it was first mentioned is my brother and family who live in Manchester, even though I could I haven't used my bubble yet, under normal circumstances I would see my family alternate weekends, I've not seen them since February, so for me to spend what will be 3 days (more like 2 1/2) 24th (after work), 25th & 26th (travel home in the evening for work) I think is reasonable.

Likes / Dislikes
    Oh, I thought we were lumped in with Liverpool and will still be on Tier 3, which is what the media seem to be saying.

However, the rate has come down a lot over the region (including Liverpool itself), although the government's website is about a week out of date. The region is now showing as 'below average'.
    I suppose it depends which media you get your speculation from. The media I've seen suggests Lpool City Region are hopeful of avoiding being in tier 3. Until tomorrow it's nothing but speculation.

11. Likes N/A liked this post
    Lamparilla Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by salus.populi View Post
    I suppose it depends which media you get your speculation from. The media I've seen suggests Lpool City Region are hopeful of avoiding being in tier 3. Until tomorrow it's nothing but speculation.
    I agree, but things have chopped and changed so much since this all started, it's difficult to separate fact from fiction!

13. Dislikes N/A disliked this post
    Lamparilla Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gsgsgs View Post
    For me this is a difficult one, I have followed all rules laid down since March.

I may be wrong and my apologies if I am but how many of us are in single person households like myself.

It is a much easier decision to make, not to form an additional Christmas bubble if you live with a partner/spouse and/or children etc. I really don't want to spend Christmas day alone!

My support bubble from when it was first mentioned is my brother and family who live in Manchester, even though I could I haven't used my bubble yet, under normal circumstances I would see my family alternate weekends, I've not seen them since February, so for me to spend what will be 3 days (more like 2 1/2) 24th (after work), 25th & 26th (travel home in the evening for work) I think is reasonable.

I can sympathise with that.

Our household is just my wife and myself. She's a carer and has worked the last 7 Christmas Days, because the care home puts everyone on the rota so as to be fair. I spend every Christmas morning alone cooking the dinner, and pick her up from work at 2pm.

Likes / Dislikes
    I agree, but things have chopped and changed so much since this all started, it's difficult to separate fact from fiction!
    I should work on the assumption that very little is fact.

16. Dislikes N/A disliked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    It is telling that four distinctly different governments have agreed.

It's usual on here to blame Boris or Hancock.

Countries around the world are doing the same thing.

Being in government rather than your armchair is a whole lot more difficult than the home experts think.

18. Likes Anon, N/A liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    chrstmass what ere your spiritual bent is a symbol and reminder that we are fraily human and a beacon of our connection with each across the world we embrace.it doesnt need that expensive show of showered gifts,vast gastronomic feasting.but that recognition of eaches prescence and appreciation of being within eaches connected lives ,thruogh our turmoils angsts and joys ,yep its great to hug ,give and see joy .but remember it was the birth of love and being.just having those thoughts for each on that day is all it takes ,along with that phone call techy scypes cards etc.the rest is just the ride.just take that moment ,like rememberance day to connect with all those that mean an be in your heart is all xmas day needs to be..xxx

Likes / Dislikes
    I can sympathise with that.

Our household is just my wife and myself. She's a carer and has worked the last 7 Christmas Days, because the care home puts everyone on the rota so as to be fair. I spend every Christmas morning alone cooking the dinner, and pick her up from work at 2pm.
    That seems anything but fair, couldn't a rota system be in place to allow a Christmas off?

And thank you to your wife for putting herself at great risk to look after our most vulnerable, as has been said not all heroes & heroines wear capes.

21. Likes seivad liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by roving-eye View Post
    Who dreams this crap up ? One thing about a bubble its 100% certain that it POP's

The Government has agreed with the other nations of the UK (Scotland, Ireland and Wales) a set of Christmas ‘rules’ to ensure a consistent approach for people to follow. They have announced that from Wednesday 23rd to Sunday 27th December:

• you can form an exclusive ‘Christmas bubble’ composed of people from no more than three households;
    • you can only be in one Christmas bubble;
    • you cannot change your Christmas bubble;
    • you can travel between tiers and UK nations for the purposes of meeting your Christmas bubble;
    • you can only meet your Christmas bubble in private homes or in your garden, places of worship, or public outdoor spaces;
    • you can continue to meet people who are not in your Christmas bubble outside your home according to the rules in the tier where you are staying;
    • you cannot meet someone in a private dwelling who is not part of your household or Christmas bubble;
    • people who are self isolating should not join a Christmas bubble.
    I agree with you.

But I think the thought was that if the government said we couldn't see anyone, everyone would ignore it and just do what they wanted. At least, if people keep to the rules above, there might be some damage limitation.

I think the vast majority, especially the older people, will stick to the rules. However, there will be some idiots who don't.

The big problem will be Grandchildren seeing Grandparents. I think it's circulating wildly in children, especially those at school. Do you want to run the risk of a grandparent not being here after February?

Separately from the rules, I think you have to do what you think is safe for you. I usually go to my friend's house at that time of the year. However, they have a household of 6, 5 of whom go to work. I'm not sure I'd feel safe in that environment so I'll probably be spending it alone.

Personally, I think Christmas should be cancelled this year. That would be the most sensible option and would help to ensure that the majority of people will still be here for many Christmases after that. For some reason, many people seem to think that the virus isn't a problem because it's Christmas. FFS, the virus doesn't know that an annual religious festival is happening.

23. Likes Toodles McGinty, seivad, silver fox liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by local View Post
    It is telling that four distinctly different governments have agreed.

It's usual on here to blame Boris or Hancock.

Countries around the world are doing the same thing.

Being in government rather than your armchair is a whole lot more difficult than the home experts think.
    The complaints are normally about halfarsed decisions that have been written on the back of a fag packet and not been thought through such as the tier 3 which we are about to have the 4th (at least) version this month. Countries that are more successful combatting the virus have made a plan and stuck with it.
    The criteria for tier 3 now seems to be if you are worse than London you go to 3 if not tier 2.

25. Dislikes N/A disliked this post
1 ... LastLast
Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK /
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in UK
Replacement Stove Glass in UK
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
UKUK News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)
UK MasksUK Face MasksUK KN95 MasksUK Disposable MasksUK Hand SanitiserUK Hand SanitizerUK PPEUK Bathroom SuppliesUK Cheap BathroomsUK Discount BathroomsUK Bathroom SalesUK Bathroom SuitesUK Bathroom TapsUK Basin TapsUK Bath TapsUK Kitchen TapsUK Free Standing Bath TapsUK Bath Mixer TapUK Bidet TapsUK Shower EnclosuresUK Bi Fold Shower DoorsUK Corner ShowersUK Pivot Shower DoorsUK Sliding Shower DoorsUK Shower Side PanelsUK Quadrant ShowersUK Shower TraysUK Wet-RoomsUK Bathroom ShowersUK Showers ValvesUK Showers RailsUK Showers HeadsUK Showers ArmsUK Showers HandsetsUK Showers JetsUK Showers ElbowsUK Toilet SeatsUK ToiletsUK BasinsUK Basin WastesUK Combined Toilet BasinUK Bathroom FurnitureUK BathsUK L Shaped BathUK P Shaped BathUK Bath ScreensUK SanitarywareUK Combined Toilet BasinUK StovesUK Wood StovesUK Home StovesUK Cooker StovesUK Enamel StovesUK Designer StovesUK Contemporary StovesUK Multi Fuel StovesUK Car ServicingUK MOTgUK TyresUK Car BatteryUK ExhaustUK Journalist JobsUK Reporter JobsUK Writing JobsUK Freelance WriterUK Self Employed JobsUK Franchise BusinessUK Franchise OpportunitiesUK Car InsuranceUK Cheap Car InsuranceUK Car Insurance BrokersUK Driving SchoolsUK Driving LessonsUK Driving TestUK Driving Theory TestUK Driving Instruction, 0000 UK Driving Instructor, 0000 UK VouchersUK DealsUK MatalanUK Railway SleepersUK Reclaimed SleepersUK New SleepersUK CoalUK House CoalUK Household CoalUK Smokeless CoalUK Smokeless FuelUK Coal BagsUK FirewoodUK Fire WoodUK Kiln Dried HardwoodUK Kiln Dried LogsUK Logs For SaleUK Log SuppliesUK LogsUK Firewood LogsUK Seasoned LogsUK Hardwood LogsUK Firewood SuppliersUK Firewood Log SuppliersUK Firewood Dumpy BagsUK Firewood CratesUK Cheap FirewoodUK Homefire LogsUK Cheap Firewood LogsUK Kindle ConesUK Pizza Oven LogsUK Heating OilUK Home Heating OilUK Red DieselUK White DieselUK KereseneUK Commercial FuelsUK Calor GasUK Propane GasUK Butane GasUK Heating GasUK Horse TrainingUK Horse TrainerUK Horse WhispererUK Equine WhispererUK Horse Whisperer Victoria SmithUK Rattan Garden FurnitureUK Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan SofaUK Rattan Dining SetUK Rattan DirectUK Cheap Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan Corner SofasUK Rattan Day BedsUK Rattan Sun LoungersUK Rattan Cube SetsUK Rattan Bistro SetsUK ChimeneasUK FirepitsUK Patio HeatersUK Hygiene VendingUK Washroom VendingUK Air FreshenersUK Air CareUK Aerosol SystemsUK Gel SystemsUK Water SavingUK Urinal Water SavingUK Eco CapsUK SensaflushUK Water ManagementUK Urinal DosingUK Urinal V ScreensUK Legionella Risk AssessmentUK Legionella Risk TestingUK Legionaires Risk AssessmentUK Legionella BacteriaUK Legionaires BacteriaUK Legionella ComplianceUK Legionella AdviceUK Legionella Landlords AdviceUK Legionella TestingUK Legionella CheckUK Legionella RegulationsUK Legionella Risk Assessment For LandlordsUK Legionella Water TestingUK Legionella QuoteUK Fire Stove GlassUK Heat Resistant GlassUK Fire GlassUK Stove GlassUK Fire Resistant GlassUK Replacement Stove GlassUK Glass For StovesUK Dust MatsUK Entrance MatsUK Reception MatsUK Anti Fatigue MatsUK Floor MatsUK Logo MatsUK London Washroom ServicesUK London Sanitary BinsUK London Shredding ServicesUK London Trade Waste DisposalUK London Legionella TestingUK London Clinical WasteUK Washroom ServicesUK Principal WashroomsUK Washrooms SuppliesUK Washrooms SolutionsUK Sanitary DisposalUK Sanitary BinsUK Sani BinsUK Lady BinsUK Feminine Hygiene UnitsUK Sanitary Waste DisposalUK Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Waste BinUK Sanitary Waste BinsUK Sanitary UnitsUK Feminine UnitsUK Hygiene ServicesUK Sanitary Bin SupplierUK Sanitary Bin RentalUK Sanitary Bin Rental ServicesUK Sanitary BinUK SanitarybinUK Feminine Hygiene BinsUK Female Santary BinUK Sani binUK Sani binsUK Sanibin RentalUK Sanitary BoxUK Sanitary BoxesUK Sanitary Bin QuoteUK Sanitary Bin PriceUK Sanitary Bin CostUK Sanitary Disposal QuoteUK Sanitary Disposal PriceUK Sanitary Disposal CostUK Free Duty of CareUK Tampon BinUK Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Tampon BinUK Sanitary Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Towel BinUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Feminine WasteUK Feminine Hygiene WasteUK Sanitary Waste RegulationsUK Sanitary Waste LawUK Sanitary Bins LawUK Sanitary Bins For Small BusinessUK Sanitary Bin Service CostUK Sanitary Bin Collection CostUK Disposal of Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Sanitary Towel DisposalUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK Biomass WasteUK Metal WasteUK Paper ShreddingUK Local ShreddingUK Secure ShreddingUK Confidential ShreddingUK Document DestructionUK Confidential WasteUK Confidential Waste ServiceUK Confidential Waste ServicesUK Confidential Waste ShreddingUK Confidential Waste DisposalUK Confidential Waste DestructionUK On Site ShreddingUK Off Site ShreddingUK One Off ShreddingUK Contract ShreddingUK GDPR ShreddingUK ShreddingUK Document ShreddingUK Shredding ServicesUK Mobile ShreddingUK Dental WasteUK Dental Waste DisposalUK Dental Waste LegislationUK Dental Waste ComplianceUK Accupuncture WasteUK Accupuncture Waste DisposalUK Accupuncture Waste CollectionAccupuncture Waste in UKAccupuncture Waste Disposal in UKAccupuncture Waste Collection in UKUK Acupuncture WasteUK Acupuncture Waste DisposalUK Acupuncture Waste CollectionUK Acupuncture Waste ServiceUK Acupuncture Clinical WasteUK Acupuncture SharpsUK Acupuncture NeedlesUK Beauty Salon Clincical WasteUK Beauty Salon MicrobladingUK Beauty Salon NeedlesUK Beauty Salon SharpsUK Tattoo WasteUK Tattoo Waste DisposalTattoo Waste in UKTattoo Waste Disposal in UKTattoo Waste Collection in UKTattoo Waste Compliance in UKTattoo Waste Services in UKTattoo Clinical Waste in UKTattoo Sharps in UKTattoo Needles in UKUK Sharps BinUK Sharps BinsUK Sharps CollectionUK Sharps DisposalUK Hazardous SharpsUK Non Hazardous SharpsUK Cytotoxic SharpsUK Cytostatic SharpsUK Ink BlockUK Wet_WasteUK Tattoo InkUK Drug DestructionUK Drug DisposalUK Drug DenaturingUK Unwanted DrugsUK Out Of Date DrugsUK Pest ControlUK Rodent ControlUK Bird ControlUK Bird ProofingUK Guano ControlUK Pest Call OutUK Pest PreventionUK Pest DeterrentUK Nursery WasteUK Nappy WasteUK Nappy BinUK Nappy BinsUK Nappy DisposalUK Nappy Wheelie BinUK Nursery Waste DisposalUK Nursery Waste CollectionUK Nappy Waste RegulationsUK Commercial Nappy WasteUK Nappy Disposal BinUK Nappy Waste CollectionUK Incontinence PadsUK Offensive WasteUK Human WasteUK Nursing Home WasteUK Care Home WasteUK Hazardous WasteUK Infectous WasteUK Pharmaceutical WasteUK Medicinal WasteUK Medicine WasteUK Infection ControlUK Hand SanitisersUK Clinical WasteUK Clinical Waste RemovalUK Clinical Waste CollectionUK Clinical Waste RegulationsUK Clinical Waste DisposalUK Clinical Waste ManagementUK Clinical Waste PolicyUK EA RegistrationSell my scrap van in UKWashroom Services in TarletonSanitary bins quoteGarden Services in SouthportGarden Services in OrmskirkGarden Services in FormybGarden Services in TarletonUK Path GravelUK Path GravelsUK GravelUK GravelsUK Garden Path GravelUK Decorative GravelsUK Cotswold GravelUK Bulk AggregatesUK Mass AggregatesUK Aggregates SuppliersUK Aggregate SuppliersUK Bulk Bags AggregatesUK Bulk BagsUK Mot Type 1UK Mot Type 2UK Top SoilUK Building SandUK Grit SandUK Fine SandUK Play SandUK Top Dressing SandUK Silica SandUK Mersey SandUK Kiln Dried SandUK Plastering SandUK Crusher RunUK DustUK BallestUK HardcoreUK GritUK Horticultural GritUK Alpine GritUK LimestoneUK GraniteUK Cotswold ChippingsUK Golden FlintUK MoonstoneUK Pea GravelUK Cheshire PinkUK Yorkshire CreamUK Derbyshire Peak StoneUK Green BallastUK Autumn GoldUK Pink GravelUK Blue SlateUK Plum SlateUK Grey SlateUK Welsh SlateUK Play BarkUK Chip BarkUK Christmas TreesUK Xmas TreesUK Artificial TreeUK Christmas Decorations