UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
FirstFirst ... ... LastLast

Thread: Capitol Chaos

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by local View Post
    I'm sitting very comfortably when I assess the charge and come to the same conclusion as Shapiro,as to the politics I have already mentioned that Pelosi has conned quite a few gullible people into supporting it.

I have though seen a distinct change in mood to a wish to include Trumps back catalogue to make the charge stick.

You can of course take my challenge from the transcript link and point out where and indeed how he incited the crowd to do what they did.

Should I expect to be ignored or the challenge swerved?

Should someone be found guilty of offending opposing politicians is perhaps the bigger question, to some extent it will be part of the job and one of the things Trump was very good at.
    The intention to cover the whole period of incitement is not new, despite your effort to suggest otherwise.
    Here is a full timeline of what he did and encouraged
    https://dailysoundandfury.com/timeli...coup-attempts/

2. Likes The PNP liked this post

3. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    …you will have to learn to see the bigger picture and not take your frustrations out on those of us who see it.post #240

The "bigger picture" is precisely what you, local, prefer to ignore. The obsequiousness of your posts demonstrates a profound lack of "correct and objective observations" — of President Trump, or of PM Johnson.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by sandGroundZero View Post

The "bigger picture" is precisely what you, local, prefer to ignore. The obsequiousness of your posts demonstrates a profound lack of "correct and objective observations" — of President Trump, or of PM Johnson.

I understand It must be frustrating to have the blindingly obvious layed out for you about someone you don't like.

The consensus now is the speech was a jigsaw piece.

What is clear is the speech doesn't pass any reasonable bar for the charge to succeed logically why not just accept it and move on?

There is still the vote you can rely on to get your pound of flesh that's propelled by Nancy and it might still succeed.

You should console yourself with the fact that Trump defeated himself in the election and now he has gone.

Let the mist clear.

Likes / Dislikes
    I understand It must be frustrating to have the blindingly obvious layed out for you about someone you don't like.

The consensus now is the speech was a jigsaw piece.

What is clear is the speech doesn't pass any reasonable bar for the charge to succeed logically why not just accept it and move on?

There is still the vote you can rely on to get your pound of flesh that's propelled by Nancy and it might still succeed.

You should console yourself with the fact that Trump defeated himself in the election and now he has gone.

Let the mist clear.
    The charge is 'High Crimes and MISDEMEANOURS' when the trial starts they can throw anything at him, some will stick. It all depends on if the Republican Party want to grasp the nettle and move on from the Trump Era to 'modernise' for 2024 or languish in the mire.

Likes / Dislikes

Arrow What is clear …

The consensus now is the speech was a jigsaw piece. | What is clear is the speech doesn't pass any reasonable bar for the charge to succeed logically why not just accept it and move on?
    There is still the vote you can rely on to get your pound of flesh that's propelled by Nancy and it might still succeed. | You should console yourself with the fact that Trump defeated himself in the election and now he has gone. | Let the mist clear.
    post #243
    Bearing in mind that it is you who have repeatedly insisted the impeachment hangs on "the speech", "logically why not just accept" [that it does not] "…and move on?"

I'm afraid it is you, local, whose vision has been clouded. You remark on Trump's odious personal qualities and occasionally cite Trump's Second Amendment stance, as if those adequately described the former President's reckless lawlessness and general unfitness for the Presidency. The realities of his profoundly damaging Presidency are, for you, trivial and inconsequential. Nothing could be further from the truth!

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by sandGroundZero View Post
    Bearing in mind that it is you who have repeatedly insisted the impeachment hangs on "the speech", "logically why not just accept" [that it does not] "…and move on?"

I'm afraid it is you, local, whose vision has been clouded. You remark on Trump's odious personal qualities and occasionally cite Trump's Second Amendment stance, as if those adequately described the former President's reckless lawlessness and general unfitness for the Presidency. The realities of his profoundly damaging Presidency are, for you, trivial and inconsequential. Nothing could be further from the truth!

Now now, you know how beloved populist idiots are in this neck of the woods. Positively spaff-worthy...

Ultimately it isn't down to blame. It's down to responsibility. I don't see how anyone can say that Trump isn't responsible. Just like our own dear coiffurally challenged leader, Trump is accountable.

When taking command of any Army unit, no matter size or scope of responsibility: you own it, on day one.

No matter what your predecessor did or didn’t do...you own it. No matter what your minions do or don't do.

If you don’t like those rules, don’t take command. Because the buck always stops with you. Responsibility. Accountability.

9. Likes The PNP, silver fox liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    One of the many things that local misses in his quest to be seen as the only one who perceives the truth, is that the crowd members themselves were in no doubt as to the reason they were in that Jan 6th rally, who called them to go there and who told them what to do (ie definition of incitement).

It makes me heartsick for America to hear the Republicans going through the same tortuous rationale for why their dear leader is unblameable. They have lost sight of so many of the moral and ethical high ground they used to lay claim to. Let's face it, history has shown us that no success at the ballot box or advancement of the issues you hold dear is worth it if it means allowing an autocrat to destroy your democracy.

11. Likes silver fox, Toodles McGinty, The PNP liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    well said

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by joan ofarc View Post
    One of the many things that local misses in his quest to be seen as the only one who perceives the truth, is that the crowd members themselves were in no doubt as to the reason they were in that Jan 6th rally, who called them to go there and who told them what to do (ie definition of incitement).

It makes me heartsick for America to hear the Republicans going through the same tortuous rationale for why their dear leader is unblameable. They have lost sight of so many of the moral and ethical high ground they used to lay claim to. Let's face it, history has shown us that no success at the ballot box or advancement of the issues you hold dear is worth it if it means allowing an autocrat to destroy your democracy.

Your assertion that;

the crowd members themselves were in no doubt as to the reason they were in that Jan 6th rally, who called them to go there and who told them what to do

Is clearly illogical as the various crowd members reacted very differently or are you saying the majority "were in no doubt " and told to,
    take selfies and wander around?

Most on here by default are agreeing with me?

They are now saying en masse that it was Trumps actions and words over the course of his presidency, the cumulative incitement argument.

and so it follows that the lame speech on its own didn't incite the crowd to violence as they like me can't find anything in it.

Trump's freedom to be objectionable is allowed under the constitution.

My challenge is still open.

Likes / Dislikes
    Your assertion that;

the crowd members themselves were in no doubt as to the reason they were in that Jan 6th rally, who called them to go there and who told them what to do

Is clearly illogical as the various crowd members reacted very differently or are you saying the majority "were in no doubt " and told to,

They are now saying en masse that it was Trumps actions and words over the course of his presidency, the cumulative incitement argument.

and so it follows that the lame speech on its own didn't incite the crowd to violence as they like me can't find anything in it.

Your argument is ridiculous. Incitement to sedition is not predicated on 100% of a crowd taking part.
    You also wilfully misinterpret the discussion in this thread....most of the comments have pointed out that the incitement began months if not years ago and in that incendiary situation which he created Trump
    whipped up the crowd and even gave them specific instructions. You can hear the crowd responding to Trump directly. Just because all the crowd did not storm the Capitol does not exonerate the now ex President.

15. Likes The PNP, Toodles McGinty liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Your assertion that;

There is no challenge and you have no argument, don't know what you've actually seen of videos from the day!!!!, there are a couple out in the public domain, taken from within the crowd, watch and listen, a large section knew exactly what the intent was and were clearly stating that intent and it wasn't just to make a lot of noise and take a few selfies.

The intent was to stop proceedings in the Capitol by force, certainly to exact revenge on those they felt to be betrayers, to remove obstacles to their attempt to overthrow the election result, I wonder just how they had become convinced that this sort of rebellion could succeed???

Couldn't possibly be a campaign of lies and exhortation from Trump and his sycophants, your obstinate clinging to that one speech being the only cause is too ludicrous for words, don't know of anyone who has claimed that is the case, that speech was the trigger to the cumulative torrent of lies and incitement.

17. Likes The PNP liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by joan ofarc View Post
    Your argument is ridiculous. Incitement to sedition is not predicated on 100% of a crowd taking part.
    You also wilfully misinterpret the discussion in this thread....most of the comments have pointed out that the incitement began months if not years ago and in that incendiary situation which he created Trump
    whipped up the crowd and even gave them specific instructions. You can hear the crowd responding to Trump directly. Just because all the crowd did not storm the Capitol does not exonerate the now ex President.

But it was your ridiculous argument, not mine you wrote;

You now want to resile from that silly argument and say I only meant a few of them.

I just pointed out that the overwhelming majority clearly did not know "what to do"

Is your position now that Trump only incited a minority over what months years?

And what pray were the "specific instructions"

that only some got?

Talk about orange mist you're tieing yourself up in knots with it.

Likes / Dislikes

Arrow …it's no use

There is no challenge and you have no argument, …post #251

Our much derided fellow forum poster, , is dug in deeply and will not be shifted

20. Likes The PNP, silver fox liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Many words have been expended, but when I ask for the evidence of his incitement ......

Although we now have cumulative incitement over some period or other to cover the paucity of evidence for the day.

Likes / Dislikes
    Many words have been expended, but when I ask for the evidence of his incitement ......

Although we now have cumulative incitement over some period or other to cover the paucity of evidence for the day.

There's no point left to this discussion. You are clearly seeing and hearing some alternative facts to everyone else. Two parallel universes.......

23. Likes Toodles McGinty, The PNP, silver fox liked this post
FirstFirst ... ... LastLast
Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK /
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in UK
Replacement Stove Glass in UK
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
UKUK News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)
UK MasksUK Face MasksUK KN95 MasksUK Disposable MasksUK Hand SanitiserUK Hand SanitizerUK PPEUK Bathroom SuppliesUK Cheap BathroomsUK Discount BathroomsUK Bathroom SalesUK Bathroom SuitesUK Bathroom TapsUK Basin TapsUK Bath TapsUK Kitchen TapsUK Free Standing Bath TapsUK Bath Mixer TapUK Bidet TapsUK Shower EnclosuresUK Bi Fold Shower DoorsUK Corner ShowersUK Pivot Shower DoorsUK Sliding Shower DoorsUK Shower Side PanelsUK Quadrant ShowersUK Shower TraysUK Wet-RoomsUK Bathroom ShowersUK Showers ValvesUK Showers RailsUK Showers HeadsUK Showers ArmsUK Showers HandsetsUK Showers JetsUK Showers ElbowsUK Toilet SeatsUK ToiletsUK BasinsUK Basin WastesUK Combined Toilet BasinUK Bathroom FurnitureUK BathsUK L Shaped BathUK P Shaped BathUK Bath ScreensUK SanitarywareUK Combined Toilet BasinUK StovesUK Wood StovesUK Home StovesUK Cooker StovesUK Enamel StovesUK Designer StovesUK Contemporary StovesUK Multi Fuel StovesUK Car ServicingUK MOTgUK TyresUK Car BatteryUK ExhaustUK Journalist JobsUK Reporter JobsUK Writing JobsUK Freelance WriterUK Self Employed JobsUK Franchise BusinessUK Franchise OpportunitiesUK Car InsuranceUK Cheap Car InsuranceUK Car Insurance BrokersUK Driving SchoolsUK Driving LessonsUK Driving TestUK Driving Theory TestUK Driving Instruction, 0000 UK Driving Instructor, 0000 UK VouchersUK DealsUK MatalanUK Railway SleepersUK Reclaimed SleepersUK New SleepersUK CoalUK House CoalUK Household CoalUK Smokeless CoalUK Smokeless FuelUK Coal BagsUK FirewoodUK Fire WoodUK Kiln Dried HardwoodUK Kiln Dried LogsUK Logs For SaleUK Log SuppliesUK LogsUK Firewood LogsUK Seasoned LogsUK Hardwood LogsUK Firewood SuppliersUK Firewood Log SuppliersUK Firewood Dumpy BagsUK Firewood CratesUK Cheap FirewoodUK Homefire LogsUK Cheap Firewood LogsUK Kindle ConesUK Pizza Oven LogsUK Heating OilUK Home Heating OilUK Red DieselUK White DieselUK KereseneUK Commercial FuelsUK Calor GasUK Propane GasUK Butane GasUK Heating GasUK Horse TrainingUK Horse TrainerUK Horse WhispererUK Equine WhispererUK Horse Whisperer Victoria SmithUK Rattan Garden FurnitureUK Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan SofaUK Rattan Dining SetUK Rattan DirectUK Cheap Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan Corner SofasUK Rattan Day BedsUK Rattan Sun LoungersUK Rattan Cube SetsUK Rattan Bistro SetsUK ChimeneasUK FirepitsUK Patio HeatersUK Hygiene VendingUK Washroom VendingUK Air FreshenersUK Air CareUK Aerosol SystemsUK Gel SystemsUK Water SavingUK Urinal Water SavingUK Eco CapsUK SensaflushUK Water ManagementUK Urinal DosingUK Urinal V ScreensUK Legionella Risk AssessmentUK Legionella Risk TestingUK Legionaires Risk AssessmentUK Legionella BacteriaUK Legionaires BacteriaUK Legionella ComplianceUK Legionella AdviceUK Legionella Landlords AdviceUK Legionella TestingUK Legionella CheckUK Legionella RegulationsUK Legionella Risk Assessment For LandlordsUK Legionella Water TestingUK Legionella QuoteUK Fire Stove GlassUK Heat Resistant GlassUK Fire GlassUK Stove GlassUK Fire Resistant GlassUK Replacement Stove GlassUK Glass For StovesUK Dust MatsUK Entrance MatsUK Reception MatsUK Anti Fatigue MatsUK Floor MatsUK Logo MatsUK London Washroom ServicesUK London Sanitary BinsUK London Shredding ServicesUK London Trade Waste DisposalUK London Legionella TestingUK London Clinical WasteUK Washroom ServicesUK Principal WashroomsUK Washrooms SuppliesUK Washrooms SolutionsUK Sanitary DisposalUK Sanitary BinsUK Sani BinsUK Lady BinsUK Feminine Hygiene UnitsUK Sanitary Waste DisposalUK Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Waste BinUK Sanitary Waste BinsUK Sanitary UnitsUK Feminine UnitsUK Hygiene ServicesUK Sanitary Bin SupplierUK Sanitary Bin RentalUK Sanitary Bin Rental ServicesUK Sanitary BinUK SanitarybinUK Feminine Hygiene BinsUK Female Santary BinUK Sani binUK Sani binsUK Sanibin RentalUK Sanitary BoxUK Sanitary BoxesUK Sanitary Bin QuoteUK Sanitary Bin PriceUK Sanitary Bin CostUK Sanitary Disposal QuoteUK Sanitary Disposal PriceUK Sanitary Disposal CostUK Free Duty of CareUK Tampon BinUK Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Tampon BinUK Sanitary Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Towel BinUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Feminine WasteUK Feminine Hygiene WasteUK Sanitary Waste RegulationsUK Sanitary Waste LawUK Sanitary Bins LawUK Sanitary Bins For Small BusinessUK Sanitary Bin Service CostUK Sanitary Bin Collection CostUK Disposal of Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Sanitary Towel DisposalUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK Biomass WasteUK Metal WasteUK Paper ShreddingUK Local ShreddingUK Secure ShreddingUK Confidential ShreddingUK Document DestructionUK Confidential WasteUK Confidential Waste ServiceUK Confidential Waste ServicesUK Confidential Waste ShreddingUK Confidential Waste DisposalUK Confidential Waste DestructionUK On Site ShreddingUK Off Site ShreddingUK One Off ShreddingUK Contract ShreddingUK GDPR ShreddingUK ShreddingUK Document ShreddingUK Shredding ServicesUK Mobile ShreddingUK Dental WasteUK Dental Waste DisposalUK Dental Waste LegislationUK Dental Waste ComplianceUK Accupuncture WasteUK Accupuncture Waste DisposalUK Accupuncture Waste CollectionAccupuncture Waste in UKAccupuncture Waste Disposal in UKAccupuncture Waste Collection in UKUK Acupuncture WasteUK Acupuncture Waste DisposalUK Acupuncture Waste CollectionUK Acupuncture Waste ServiceUK Acupuncture Clinical WasteUK Acupuncture SharpsUK Acupuncture NeedlesUK Beauty Salon Clincical WasteUK Beauty Salon MicrobladingUK Beauty Salon NeedlesUK Beauty Salon SharpsUK Tattoo WasteUK Tattoo Waste DisposalTattoo Waste in UKTattoo Waste Disposal in UKTattoo Waste Collection in UKTattoo Waste Compliance in UKTattoo Waste Services in UKTattoo Clinical Waste in UKTattoo Sharps in UKTattoo Needles in UKUK Sharps BinUK Sharps BinsUK Sharps CollectionUK Sharps DisposalUK Hazardous SharpsUK Non Hazardous SharpsUK Cytotoxic SharpsUK Cytostatic SharpsUK Ink BlockUK Wet_WasteUK Tattoo InkUK Drug DestructionUK Drug DisposalUK Drug DenaturingUK Unwanted DrugsUK Out Of Date DrugsUK Pest ControlUK Rodent ControlUK Bird ControlUK Bird ProofingUK Guano ControlUK Pest Call OutUK Pest PreventionUK Pest DeterrentUK Nursery WasteUK Nappy WasteUK Nappy BinUK Nappy BinsUK Nappy DisposalUK Nappy Wheelie BinUK Nursery Waste DisposalUK Nursery Waste CollectionUK Nappy Waste RegulationsUK Commercial Nappy WasteUK Nappy Disposal BinUK Nappy Waste CollectionUK Incontinence PadsUK Offensive WasteUK Human WasteUK Nursing Home WasteUK Care Home WasteUK Hazardous WasteUK Infectous WasteUK Pharmaceutical WasteUK Medicinal WasteUK Medicine WasteUK Infection ControlUK Hand SanitisersUK Clinical WasteUK Clinical Waste RemovalUK Clinical Waste CollectionUK Clinical Waste RegulationsUK Clinical Waste DisposalUK Clinical Waste ManagementUK Clinical Waste PolicyUK EA RegistrationSell my scrap van in UKWashroom Services in TarletonSanitary bins quoteGarden Services in SouthportGarden Services in OrmskirkGarden Services in FormybGarden Services in TarletonUK Path GravelUK Path GravelsUK GravelUK GravelsUK Garden Path GravelUK Decorative GravelsUK Cotswold GravelUK Bulk AggregatesUK Mass AggregatesUK Aggregates SuppliersUK Aggregate SuppliersUK Bulk Bags AggregatesUK Bulk BagsUK Mot Type 1UK Mot Type 2UK Top SoilUK Building SandUK Grit SandUK Fine SandUK Play SandUK Top Dressing SandUK Silica SandUK Mersey SandUK Kiln Dried SandUK Plastering SandUK Crusher RunUK DustUK BallestUK HardcoreUK GritUK Horticultural GritUK Alpine GritUK LimestoneUK GraniteUK Cotswold ChippingsUK Golden FlintUK MoonstoneUK Pea GravelUK Cheshire PinkUK Yorkshire CreamUK Derbyshire Peak StoneUK Green BallastUK Autumn GoldUK Pink GravelUK Blue SlateUK Plum SlateUK Grey SlateUK Welsh SlateUK Play BarkUK Chip BarkUK Christmas TreesUK Xmas TreesUK Artificial TreeUK Christmas Decorations