UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
FirstFirst 1 LastLast
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by joan ofarc View Post
    I'm fed up of people blaming everyone but themselves for lack of adherence to lockdown rules. If you are an adult then behave like a resonsible one no matter how ridiculous you feel the restrictions are. This pandemic has revealed an awful lot of armchair scientists who apparently know more than the professionals. Also an awful lot of people who prefer to believe anonymous 'experts' on the internet and who don't understand the concept of 'freedom'.
    I'm sick to death of this pandemic. I've found the experience to be profoundly disheartening and I'll be mad as hell if I have to endure anymore than necessary because some idiots can't bear to wear a mask or feel it is their right to go down the boozer or won't be vaccinated. This has been life and death for many and dissenters need to get their values straightened out.
    Before the next pandemic,(and we know there will be one) I hope we've addressed the many issues of public response, education and government administration both in this country and globally.
    I don't suppose for one minute that you have ever considered that it is you who are wrong? Just because you hold the same populist beliefs on this site, does not make your views sacrosanct.

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Toodles McGinty View Post
    This is true. All I've read today on social media is either 'going on holiday' or 'going in a pub'. Both of which will be lovely, but if that's anyone's priority, they really need to have a word with themselves.

Similarly the 'can I now go to...' posts. Simply 'no'. Nothing has been lifted, nothing has changed yet. The place was crawling with visitors around the Prom / lake last weekend, despite the inclement weather. We were furious. Having to wait while some family from goodness knows where passes by when we are staying within the law is infuriating.

In the main, I think the public have followed guidelines pretty well. But there are those braindead idiots that will keep the rate of infection high. And screw it up for the rest of us. So as I said, while I do see some light at the end of the tunnel, I'm not getting my hopes up yet.
    Can I just ask - where is your indisputable proof to show infections are high? Please do not quote your Hooray Henry journalists reports who merely regurgitate Reuters reports, who in turn act to protect their client's interests on the stock market. Show me some factual statistics - not a lot to ask is it?

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by silver fox View Post
    For me the main problem will be from the COVID deniers, anti vaxxers plus the assorted brain dead, this collection will help to maintain a reservoir of disease ready to spread at any time.

The idea of vaccination certificates is one answer, I know some go on about “freedom” but highlighting those who refuse vaccinations is a good thing, freedom does not mean wandering round carrying and possibly spreading infection.

It is the 'I'm all right Jack' attitude again. What about those people who have been advised against having the vaccine due to unconnected issues. Will these people not be allowed to travel? A bit like apartheid again isn't it?

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by The PNP View Post
    The weather was actually ok on Sunday. Good enough to enjoy a traffic-free bikeride along the 'closed' Marine Drive through the roadworks. Fyi, the contractors appear to have been replacing a section of sagged kerb and doing a little patching.

But yes, there were a lot of visitors at the seafront and many cars on the big retail carpark. No way could the majority have been local - duh!

Coronaviruses do not survive in warm dry weather. Anyway - I don't know where you have been spending your exercise periods - but the various places where I chose to go - thinking it would be lovely and quiet - was absolutely packed with people. A least none would be able to tell tales.

Likes / Dislikes

Community

Quote Originally Posted by said View Post
    It is the 'I'm all right Jack' attitude again. What about those people who have been advised against having the vaccine due to unconnected issues. Will these people not be allowed to travel? A bit like apartheid again isn't it?
    Don't be so pathetic and childish, I am obviously aware of those who can't have the vaccine for medical reasons, there would obviously have to be some provision for those people, probably unfortunately frequent tests.

I am quite clearly referring to those who believe all the conspiracy garbage and refuse the vaccine, medical reasons apart there is no good reason for anyone to refuse the vaccine, we know there are plenty of them, however I notice after all your attempts to diminish the pandemic, you had the injection, must not be flu anymore?

Likes / Dislikes
    Don't be so pathetic and childish, I am obviously aware of those who can't have the vaccine for medical reasons, there would obviously have to be some provision for those people, probably unfortunately frequent tests.

I am quite clearly referring to those who believe all the conspiracy garbage and refuse the vaccine, medical reasons apart there is no good reason for anyone to refuse the vaccine, we know there are plenty of them, however I notice after all your attempts to diminish the pandemic, you had the injection, must not be flu anymore?
    No - I did not have the injection. I am one of those advised not to have it.

Likes / Dislikes
    Can I just ask - where is your indisputable proof to show infections are high? Please do not quote your Hooray Henry journalists reports who merely regurgitate Reuters reports, who in turn act to protect their client's interests on the stock market. Show me some factual statistics - not a lot to ask is it?
    I take it that the NHS stats aren't good enough for you, just where do you think there is a more reliable source? or do subscribe to the assorted prats who rely on the not available to the public security cameras, on tossers who equate low activity outside hospitals as an indication of what's going on inside, or perhaps those thick as mince idiots who take shots of empty corridors, then state this indicates low activity.

However I note on the vaccination thread, that you have had the injection, or so you claim, this virus is a little more dangerous than constantly tell us.

Likes / Dislikes

you really couldn't make it up, devolved so far in to his/her Walter Mitty existence they no longer can tell fact from fiction!

10. Likes silver fox, donkey22 liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Must have been your alter ego on the needle phobia thread who "never felt a thing"

12. Likes gsgsgs, donkey22 liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Toodles McGinty View Post
    What do we think?

I'm cautiously optimistic. Had one vaccine, due another in April, so feeling better about reducing the rate of infection with jabs.

I do have a couple of concerns. First is almost all kids going back to school on the same day. I'd like to have seen all school staff get at least one vaccine before going back. And maybe a staggered return. From what I've seen, there are few precautions in place other than regular social distancing measures. I know that children aren't at a massive risk of infection, but they can pass it on.

Having said that, we really do need to get the kids back in education.

The second concern is the idea of 'vaccine passports'. Internationally, certainly. But are people to be refused jobs if they refuse the vaccine? I'm not in favour of mandatory vaccines, but I do understand an employer, say a care home, choosing a fully vaccinated person over someone who refuses to have a jab.

Apart from these, and my lockdown hair not being tamed until April, it's light at the end of the tunnel.
    Can't disagree with your assessment Toodles.

I heard quite a lot about the potential for division if a 'certificate' system was adopted.
    Some of the commentators were relying on a human rights approach to accepting a vaccine - in the current crisis, just for a change, I would have liked to hear more about Human Obligations than Human Rights.

14. Likes Toodles McGinty liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    I disagree. It is a reasonable and proportionate approach to a massive global issue.

If you had plague or hepatitis the same would apply - that's not discrimination it's common sense.
    I'm afraid that for those unfortunate enough to be caught out it's just tough.

16. Likes silver fox, Toodles McGinty liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by gazaprop View Post
    I disagree. It is a reasonable and proportionate approach to a massive global issue.

If you had plague or hepatitis the same would apply - that's not discrimination it's common sense.
    I'm afraid that for those unfortunate enough to be caught out it's just tough.
    Plenty of people have Hepatitis, many thousands in this country alone but they don't have restrictions on their lives other than what is caused by the virus it's self.
    Covid unlike Hepatitis is something you normally a short term illness you recover from surely anybody worried about catching it should get immunised not calling for everybody else to have a jab, if you are protected yourself what is there to worry about nobody is concerned that probably half the population haven't been immunised for measles etc.

Likes / Dislikes
    Prof you keep dropping some illogical clangers are you alright ?

Likes / Dislikes
    Coronaviruses do not survive in warm dry weather.
    There should be a clearly defined band around the globe where nobody ever gets Covid, then.

And MERS obviously doesn't exist, because it came from a hot dry place.

And nobody ever ever ever gets a Summer cold.

Genius.

Just Google John Hopkins, PHE, the CDC, the .gov website. There are literally hundreds of sources giving information regarding infections. Obviously one of your tin foil hat sites has mentioned 'Reuters' as it's your current obsession. Alex 'Infowars / Gay Frogs' Jones maybe? Or has 'Q' put the word out?

I suppose every government, almost every doctor, every nurse, every public health body in the world are in on this huge conspiracy. They are all trashing their economies for what? George Soros takes over? The Rothschilds achieve world domination? The Illuminati have shares in every pharma company in the world (in cahoots with Dolly Parton, of course)?

I'm quite happy with my Bill Gates chip in my arm. I can pick up 5G much better now. And I can now see all the secret messages my British Gas smart meter sends.

Likes / Dislikes
    https://www.qlocal.co.uk/southport/f...55049515-2.htm

Me neither - never felt a thing.
    Which of the voices are posting today, Sybill?

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK /
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in UK
Replacement Stove Glass in UK
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
UKUK News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)
UK MasksUK Face MasksUK KN95 MasksUK Disposable MasksUK Hand SanitiserUK Hand SanitizerUK PPEUK Bathroom SuppliesUK Cheap BathroomsUK Discount BathroomsUK Bathroom SalesUK Bathroom SuitesUK Bathroom TapsUK Basin TapsUK Bath TapsUK Kitchen TapsUK Free Standing Bath TapsUK Bath Mixer TapUK Bidet TapsUK Shower EnclosuresUK Bi Fold Shower DoorsUK Corner ShowersUK Pivot Shower DoorsUK Sliding Shower DoorsUK Shower Side PanelsUK Quadrant ShowersUK Shower TraysUK Wet-RoomsUK Bathroom ShowersUK Showers ValvesUK Showers RailsUK Showers HeadsUK Showers ArmsUK Showers HandsetsUK Showers JetsUK Showers ElbowsUK Toilet SeatsUK ToiletsUK BasinsUK Basin WastesUK Combined Toilet BasinUK Bathroom FurnitureUK BathsUK L Shaped BathUK P Shaped BathUK Bath ScreensUK SanitarywareUK Combined Toilet BasinUK StovesUK Wood StovesUK Home StovesUK Cooker StovesUK Enamel StovesUK Designer StovesUK Contemporary StovesUK Multi Fuel StovesUK Car ServicingUK MOTgUK TyresUK Car BatteryUK ExhaustUK Journalist JobsUK Reporter JobsUK Writing JobsUK Freelance WriterUK Self Employed JobsUK Franchise BusinessUK Franchise OpportunitiesUK Car InsuranceUK Cheap Car InsuranceUK Car Insurance BrokersUK Driving SchoolsUK Driving LessonsUK Driving TestUK Driving Theory TestUK Driving Instruction, 0000 UK Driving Instructor, 0000 UK VouchersUK DealsUK MatalanUK Railway SleepersUK Reclaimed SleepersUK New SleepersUK CoalUK House CoalUK Household CoalUK Smokeless CoalUK Smokeless FuelUK Coal BagsUK FirewoodUK Fire WoodUK Kiln Dried HardwoodUK Kiln Dried LogsUK Logs For SaleUK Log SuppliesUK LogsUK Firewood LogsUK Seasoned LogsUK Hardwood LogsUK Firewood SuppliersUK Firewood Log SuppliersUK Firewood Dumpy BagsUK Firewood CratesUK Cheap FirewoodUK Homefire LogsUK Cheap Firewood LogsUK Kindle ConesUK Pizza Oven LogsUK Heating OilUK Home Heating OilUK Red DieselUK White DieselUK KereseneUK Commercial FuelsUK Calor GasUK Propane GasUK Butane GasUK Heating GasUK Horse TrainingUK Horse TrainerUK Horse WhispererUK Equine WhispererUK Horse Whisperer Victoria SmithUK Rattan Garden FurnitureUK Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan SofaUK Rattan Dining SetUK Rattan DirectUK Cheap Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan Corner SofasUK Rattan Day BedsUK Rattan Sun LoungersUK Rattan Cube SetsUK Rattan Bistro SetsUK ChimeneasUK FirepitsUK Patio HeatersUK Hygiene VendingUK Washroom VendingUK Air FreshenersUK Air CareUK Aerosol SystemsUK Gel SystemsUK Water SavingUK Urinal Water SavingUK Eco CapsUK SensaflushUK Water ManagementUK Urinal DosingUK Urinal V ScreensUK Legionella Risk AssessmentUK Legionella Risk TestingUK Legionaires Risk AssessmentUK Legionella BacteriaUK Legionaires BacteriaUK Legionella ComplianceUK Legionella AdviceUK Legionella Landlords AdviceUK Legionella TestingUK Legionella CheckUK Legionella RegulationsUK Legionella Risk Assessment For LandlordsUK Legionella Water TestingUK Legionella QuoteUK Fire Stove GlassUK Heat Resistant GlassUK Fire GlassUK Stove GlassUK Fire Resistant GlassUK Replacement Stove GlassUK Glass For StovesUK Dust MatsUK Entrance MatsUK Reception MatsUK Anti Fatigue MatsUK Floor MatsUK Logo MatsUK London Washroom ServicesUK London Sanitary BinsUK London Shredding ServicesUK London Trade Waste DisposalUK London Legionella TestingUK London Clinical WasteUK Washroom ServicesUK Principal WashroomsUK Washrooms SuppliesUK Washrooms SolutionsUK Sanitary DisposalUK Sanitary BinsUK Sani BinsUK Lady BinsUK Feminine Hygiene UnitsUK Sanitary Waste DisposalUK Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Waste BinUK Sanitary Waste BinsUK Sanitary UnitsUK Feminine UnitsUK Hygiene ServicesUK Sanitary Bin SupplierUK Sanitary Bin RentalUK Sanitary Bin Rental ServicesUK Sanitary BinUK SanitarybinUK Feminine Hygiene BinsUK Female Santary BinUK Sani binUK Sani binsUK Sanibin RentalUK Sanitary BoxUK Sanitary BoxesUK Sanitary Bin QuoteUK Sanitary Bin PriceUK Sanitary Bin CostUK Sanitary Disposal QuoteUK Sanitary Disposal PriceUK Sanitary Disposal CostUK Free Duty of CareUK Tampon BinUK Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Tampon BinUK Sanitary Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Towel BinUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Feminine WasteUK Feminine Hygiene WasteUK Sanitary Waste RegulationsUK Sanitary Waste LawUK Sanitary Bins LawUK Sanitary Bins For Small BusinessUK Sanitary Bin Service CostUK Sanitary Bin Collection CostUK Disposal of Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Sanitary Towel DisposalUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK Biomass WasteUK Metal WasteUK Paper ShreddingUK Local ShreddingUK Secure ShreddingUK Confidential ShreddingUK Document DestructionUK Confidential WasteUK Confidential Waste ServiceUK Confidential Waste ServicesUK Confidential Waste ShreddingUK Confidential Waste DisposalUK Confidential Waste DestructionUK On Site ShreddingUK Off Site ShreddingUK One Off ShreddingUK Contract ShreddingUK GDPR ShreddingUK ShreddingUK Document ShreddingUK Shredding ServicesUK Mobile ShreddingUK Dental WasteUK Dental Waste DisposalUK Dental Waste LegislationUK Dental Waste ComplianceUK Accupuncture WasteUK Accupuncture Waste DisposalUK Accupuncture Waste CollectionAccupuncture Waste in UKAccupuncture Waste Disposal in UKAccupuncture Waste Collection in UKUK Acupuncture WasteUK Acupuncture Waste DisposalUK Acupuncture Waste CollectionUK Acupuncture Waste ServiceUK Acupuncture Clinical WasteUK Acupuncture SharpsUK Acupuncture NeedlesUK Beauty Salon Clincical WasteUK Beauty Salon MicrobladingUK Beauty Salon NeedlesUK Beauty Salon SharpsUK Tattoo WasteUK Tattoo Waste DisposalTattoo Waste in UKTattoo Waste Disposal in UKTattoo Waste Collection in UKTattoo Waste Compliance in UKTattoo Waste Services in UKTattoo Clinical Waste in UKTattoo Sharps in UKTattoo Needles in UKUK Sharps BinUK Sharps BinsUK Sharps CollectionUK Sharps DisposalUK Hazardous SharpsUK Non Hazardous SharpsUK Cytotoxic SharpsUK Cytostatic SharpsUK Ink BlockUK Wet_WasteUK Tattoo InkUK Drug DestructionUK Drug DisposalUK Drug DenaturingUK Unwanted DrugsUK Out Of Date DrugsUK Pest ControlUK Rodent ControlUK Bird ControlUK Bird ProofingUK Guano ControlUK Pest Call OutUK Pest PreventionUK Pest DeterrentUK Nursery WasteUK Nappy WasteUK Nappy BinUK Nappy BinsUK Nappy DisposalUK Nappy Wheelie BinUK Nursery Waste DisposalUK Nursery Waste CollectionUK Nappy Waste RegulationsUK Commercial Nappy WasteUK Nappy Disposal BinUK Nappy Waste CollectionUK Incontinence PadsUK Offensive WasteUK Human WasteUK Nursing Home WasteUK Care Home WasteUK Hazardous WasteUK Infectous WasteUK Pharmaceutical WasteUK Medicinal WasteUK Medicine WasteUK Infection ControlUK Hand SanitisersUK Clinical WasteUK Clinical Waste RemovalUK Clinical Waste CollectionUK Clinical Waste RegulationsUK Clinical Waste DisposalUK Clinical Waste ManagementUK Clinical Waste PolicyUK EA RegistrationSell my scrap van in UKWashroom Services in TarletonSanitary bins quoteGarden Services in SouthportGarden Services in OrmskirkGarden Services in FormybGarden Services in TarletonUK Path GravelUK Path GravelsUK GravelUK GravelsUK Garden Path GravelUK Decorative GravelsUK Cotswold GravelUK Bulk AggregatesUK Mass AggregatesUK Aggregates SuppliersUK Aggregate SuppliersUK Bulk Bags AggregatesUK Bulk BagsUK Mot Type 1UK Mot Type 2UK Top SoilUK Building SandUK Grit SandUK Fine SandUK Play SandUK Top Dressing SandUK Silica SandUK Mersey SandUK Kiln Dried SandUK Plastering SandUK Crusher RunUK DustUK BallestUK HardcoreUK GritUK Horticultural GritUK Alpine GritUK LimestoneUK GraniteUK Cotswold ChippingsUK Golden FlintUK MoonstoneUK Pea GravelUK Cheshire PinkUK Yorkshire CreamUK Derbyshire Peak StoneUK Green BallastUK Autumn GoldUK Pink GravelUK Blue SlateUK Plum SlateUK Grey SlateUK Welsh SlateUK Play BarkUK Chip BarkUK Christmas TreesUK Xmas TreesUK Artificial TreeUK Christmas Decorations