UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
FirstFirst ... ... LastLast
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamble View Post
    They certainly do not matter to Radical Islamic Jihad.
    No they don't matter to them their just expendable pawns in their crazy religious crusade,

but they also don't matter to Israel either who treat them so badly in their crazy religious crusade.

What sparked the current unrest,

the eviction of Palestinian families from their homes in the strategically situated Sheikh Jarrah at the moment waiting for confirmation from the Supreme Court.

The weak Biden will stand by and wring his hands till Israel have finished, other countries will ignore it completely.

2. Likes donkey22 liked this post

3. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by local View Post
    ...the eviction of Palestinian families from their homes in the strategically situated Sheikh Jarrah at the moment waiting for confirmation from the Supreme Court.
    Expect renewed 'fireworks' when the day of the physical evictions comes round....I can't see the evicted residents going peacefully.
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes
    Hector is asking you about your support for this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Palestine_Movement

You can support the Palestinian cause without supporting a terrorist organisation.
    To set the record straight with you Hamble, no, I do not support any terrorist organisations, I have never posted anything to support that notion if you read back through my posts. ‘One mans terrorist is another’s freedom fighter’ is a commonly used slogan to get a point across. It is not my way of condoning violence.
    As I’ve said before to you, my sympathies lie with the people of Palestine. The icon I use is not used by the free Palestine movement as can be seen in the link you kindly posted.
    I found the following post from Hector to be deeply offensive and was the final straw.

Hector said:
    Thank you for confirming that you are indeed a Hamas- supporting, anti-Semitic, flag-waving schoolgirl.

Perhaps when you grow into a woman, you will change. Let's hope so.

More importantly, the IDF are going into the Hamas tunnels. Let's hope that has some impact and life can get back to normal (or as close to normal) for all.

It was particularly the anti-Semitic part. I’ve definitely not posted anything of that nature on here. I wouldn’t because I’m most definitely not anti-Semitic and can’t even fathom out the reasoning for this. I was brought up with family friends as well as work colleagues who are Jewish. And the personal insults were just childish and I should have ignored them. Emotionally because of personal loss, I’m not in the best of places at the moment so took them to heart more than I normally would.
    Anyway, I’m done with participating in this thread now, but will still follow it with interest and carry on with the like’s and dislikes accordingly.

Likes / Dislikes
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-57125479

"A US envoy has arrived in Tel Aviv for de-escalation talks as tensions between Israel and Palestine continue.

Hady Amr will take part in talks with Israeli, Palestinian and UN officials in the hope of agreeing on a ceasefire."

The important thing is to stop the killing now and worrry about long term solutions later. If there are any.

7. Likes Hamble liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by local View Post
    No they don't matter to them their just expendable pawns in their crazy religious crusade,

but they also don't matter to Israel either who treat them so badly in their crazy religious crusade.

What sparked the current unrest,

the eviction of Palestinian families from their homes in the strategically situated Sheikh Jarrah at the moment waiting for confirmation from the Supreme Court.

The weak Biden will stand by and wring his hands till Israel have finished, other countries will ignore it completely.

That is because every single country in the world with a problem with Islamic Jihadism wants the problem erased with as little death to civilians as possible.

How much harder the problem is in countries where the terrorism is home grown?

I support a two State solution.
    The actions of Hamas in attacking Israel has lifted 'domestic' hostility to war.
    This does not help the goal of a two state solution.

I fear now the answer will be 'partition' swopping a state built on peace to states get apart by walls and armed borders.

Anyone who wants to 'free Palestine' without peace from both sides is helping Islamic Jihad Hamas with war crimes on the people of Palestine.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by The PNP View Post
    Expect renewed 'fireworks' when the day of the physical evictions comes round....I can't see the evicted residents going peacefully.
    The High Court of Israel had postponed any judgement before Hamas fired its first shot at Israel.

10. Likes Grassroots. liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    That is because every single country in the world with a problem with Islamic Jihadism wants the problem erased with as little death to civilians as possible.
    Palestinians forcibly displaced by migrating Europeans, have been fighting back since around 1947 - long before Islamic Jihad came into the picture.
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by donkey22 View Post
    To set the record straight with you Hamble, no, I do not support any terrorist organisations, I have never posted anything to support that notion if you read back through my posts. ‘One mans terrorist is another’s freedom fighter’ is a commonly used slogan to get a point across. It is not my way of condoning violence.
    As I’ve said before to you, my sympathies lie with the people of Palestine. The icon I use is not used by the free Palestine movement as can be seen in the link you kindly posted.
    I found the following post from Hector to be deeply offensive and was the final straw.

Hector said:
    Thank you for confirming that you are indeed a Hamas- supporting, anti-Semitic, flag-waving schoolgirl.

Perhaps when you grow into a woman, you will change. Let's hope so.

More importantly, the IDF are going into the Hamas tunnels. Let's hope that has some impact and life can get back to normal (or as close to normal) for all.

It was particularly the anti-Semitic part. I’ve definitely not posted anything of that nature on here. I wouldn’t because I’m most definitely not anti-Semitic and can’t even fathom out the reasoning for this. I was brought up with family friends as well as work colleagues who are Jewish. And the personal insults were just childish and I should have ignored them. Emotionally because of personal loss, I’m not in the best of places at the moment so took them to heart more than I normally would.
    Anyway, I’m done with participating in this thread now, but will still follow it with interest and carry on with the like’s and dislikes accordingly.

I know that Donkey you are not the least bit racist in anything tried to help you by showing how your avatar could be misunderstood.

Please do not be upset and continue to post
    I love your posts we have had some interesting exchanges.

I also respect the views of Hector did not wish to interfere.

The raised fist avatar is a political solidarity symbol sensitive to Israeli
    victims of murder and suicide bombings by civilian Arab Israeli's
    supporting the Palestinian cause.

The 'Free Palestine Movement' has good and bad links.

Sadly the Army and police are now struggling to control civil war in some parts of Israel tensions are running high on both sides.

Israeli Jews feel the Israeli Arabs have been planning a coordinated attack with Hamas for years.

As Hector said the mostly young Israeli Arabs have been incited more by social media into identity and violence.

Lets all hope there is peace and a new beginning to sort out the 'domestic' problems which include land rights.

Virtual hug.
    H

Likes / Dislikes

Arrow Reference Martin Luther King and Zionism …

On October 27, 1967 …Martin Luther King had dinner with students from Harvard University in Boston …
    He was reported to have chided a critic of Zionism:

"When people criticize Zionists,
    they mean Jews.
    You’re talking anti-Semitism!"

— ex: post #39

This assertion is a fallacy¹.
    Rev. King's oratory was replete with Biblical allusions. Exodus, Babylonian captivity and other Biblical tales were oratorical analogies for King and his audiences. Rev. King was undoubtedly speaking from personal conviction, but that conviction cannot be taken as definitive.
    When people criticize Zionists, they are NOT perforce "talking anti-Semitism!"

1. The ad verecundiam fallacy concerns appeals to authority or expertise. Fundamentally, the fallacy involves accepting as evidence for a proposition the pronouncement of someone who is taken to be an authority but is not really an authority.

Likes / Dislikes
    I know that Donkey you are not the least bit racist in anything tried to help you by showing how your avatar could be misunderstood.

Please do not be upset and continue to post
    I love your posts we have had some interesting exchanges.

I also respect the views of Hector did not wish to interfere.

The raised fist avatar is a political solidarity symbol sensitive to Israeli
    victims of murder and suicide bombings by civilian Arab Israeli's
    supporting the Palestinian cause.

The 'Free Palestine Movement' has good and bad links.

Sadly the Army and police are now struggling to control civil war in some parts of Israel tensions are running high on both sides.

Israeli Jews feel the Israeli Arabs have been planning a coordinated attack with Hamas for years.

As Hector said the mostly young Israeli Arabs have been incited more by social media into identity and violence.

Lets all hope there is peace and a new beginning to sort out the 'domestic' problems which include land rights.

Virtual hug.
    H
    Your kind words are welcome Hamble. I’d wish for nothing more than some kind of amicable arrangement to solve the problems of the middle east. Sadly this seems more and more impossible as the upsetting and hellish scenes unfold and intensify every day.
    Please accept a virtual hug in return.

Likes / Dislikes
    The High Court of Israel had postponed any judgement before Hamas fired its first shot at Israel.
    Based on the Israelis past actions in clearing-out Palestinians, it's bound to resurface somewhere down the line.
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes
    Even though I've read reams on the subject, I'm not even close to understanding the situation. But folk on here do seem to have a handle on it.

So regarding the two state solution, why isn't Palestine recognised as a country, with the rights and status that entails? I understand that geographically that's difficult, with so many sites of religious importance in Jerusalem, for example, but if a solution can't be found there, surely there will never be a solution?

While understandably Israelis need to defend themselves against Hamas rockets, there seems to be disproportionate force used on the streets - Palestinian kids throwing stones, Israeli forces answering with bullets. Why no condemnation internationally? Forced evictions?

I know it is over simplifying it, but it seems most of it comes down to religion, as usual a force for peace the world over...

Can there ever be peace in the Middle East?

17. Likes silver fox liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by donkey22 View Post
    Your kind words are welcome Hamble. I’d wish for nothing more than some kind of amicable arrangement to solve the problems of the middle east. Sadly this seems more and more impossible as the upsetting and hellish scenes unfold and intensify every day.
    Please accept a virtual hug in return.
    Thank you old bean accepted with gratitude. x

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Toodles McGinty View Post
    Even though I've read reams on the subject, I'm not even close to understanding the situation. But folk on here do seem to have a handle on it.

So regarding the two state solution, why isn't Palestine recognised as a country, with the rights and status that entails? I understand that geographically that's difficult, with so many sites of religious importance in Jerusalem, for example, but if a solution can't be found there, surely there will never be a solution?

While understandably Israelis need to defend themselves against Hamas rockets, there seems to be disproportionate force used on the streets - Palestinian kids throwing stones, Israeli forces answering with bullets. Why no condemnation internationally? Forced evictions?

I know it is over simplifying it, but it seems most of it comes down to religion, as usual a force for peace the world over...

Two very different politics both tied up with religion.

One problem is that in Israel the IDF and police carry/use weapons civilians are regulated answerable to law officially not allowed to use them.
    Israel could until recently control.

Palestine is different there are many factions apart from Hamas
    and Palestinian civilian arming is part of the 'resistance' movement.

The Palestinian Authority have to keep the peace which is hard when certain factions infiltrate Israel trying to kidnap soldiers as hostages.
    Last edited by Hamble; 15/05/2021 at 11:05 AM.

20. Likes Toodles McGinty liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Toodles McGinty View Post

I don't think anyone really understands the situation, and as you say it is embroiled in religion. Prophet Mohammed and the Qur'an was favourable towards 'the people of the book ' in early verses, but then became hostile in later verses when he learned, surprise surprise, that Jews didn't really need another prophet and interpreter of their religion. Given this hostility, not to be anti-Jewish is heresy for many Moslems, and this was demonstrated by the approval of Hitler by leading Islamic clerics.

And then we have the return of the Jewish people to their historic homeland after WWII.This was possible because only 10% of Palestinians were living there. It was a desert and they were living mainly in Jordan and Syria.

As the returning Jews made the desert bloom, the Arabs returned. We then had Arab attempts to drive the Jewish people into the sea in 1948 and, within my memory, in 1967, when around 5 major Arab nations tried once again to wipe Israel off the face of the Earth, but were defeated in 6 days.

When countries go to war, there are consequences when you lose. The British were made well aware of that in 1066 and the Germans and Japanese in 1945. I said earlier that the Israeli Arabs I have met have been well-satisfied with their Israeli nationality and would have laughed in the face of anyone who asked if they might prefer a Jordanian passport.

But the reality is that a two state solution is probably the only way out. Of course this is easier said than done, and it would only be a matter of time before that new Arab state became as much of a mess as the others.

22. Likes Styx, Toodles McGinty, Hamble liked this post
FirstFirst ... ... LastLast
Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK /
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in UK
Replacement Stove Glass in UK
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
UKUK News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)
UK MasksUK Face MasksUK KN95 MasksUK Disposable MasksUK Hand SanitiserUK Hand SanitizerUK PPEUK Bathroom SuppliesUK Cheap BathroomsUK Discount BathroomsUK Bathroom SalesUK Bathroom SuitesUK Bathroom TapsUK Basin TapsUK Bath TapsUK Kitchen TapsUK Free Standing Bath TapsUK Bath Mixer TapUK Bidet TapsUK Shower EnclosuresUK Bi Fold Shower DoorsUK Corner ShowersUK Pivot Shower DoorsUK Sliding Shower DoorsUK Shower Side PanelsUK Quadrant ShowersUK Shower TraysUK Wet-RoomsUK Bathroom ShowersUK Showers ValvesUK Showers RailsUK Showers HeadsUK Showers ArmsUK Showers HandsetsUK Showers JetsUK Showers ElbowsUK Toilet SeatsUK ToiletsUK BasinsUK Basin WastesUK Combined Toilet BasinUK Bathroom FurnitureUK BathsUK L Shaped BathUK P Shaped BathUK Bath ScreensUK SanitarywareUK Combined Toilet BasinUK StovesUK Wood StovesUK Home StovesUK Cooker StovesUK Enamel StovesUK Designer StovesUK Contemporary StovesUK Multi Fuel StovesUK Car ServicingUK MOTgUK TyresUK Car BatteryUK ExhaustUK Journalist JobsUK Reporter JobsUK Writing JobsUK Freelance WriterUK Self Employed JobsUK Franchise BusinessUK Franchise OpportunitiesUK Car InsuranceUK Cheap Car InsuranceUK Car Insurance BrokersUK Driving SchoolsUK Driving LessonsUK Driving TestUK Driving Theory TestUK Driving Instruction, 0000 UK Driving Instructor, 0000 UK VouchersUK DealsUK MatalanUK Railway SleepersUK Reclaimed SleepersUK New SleepersUK CoalUK House CoalUK Household CoalUK Smokeless CoalUK Smokeless FuelUK Coal BagsUK FirewoodUK Fire WoodUK Kiln Dried HardwoodUK Kiln Dried LogsUK Logs For SaleUK Log SuppliesUK LogsUK Firewood LogsUK Seasoned LogsUK Hardwood LogsUK Firewood SuppliersUK Firewood Log SuppliersUK Firewood Dumpy BagsUK Firewood CratesUK Cheap FirewoodUK Homefire LogsUK Cheap Firewood LogsUK Kindle ConesUK Pizza Oven LogsUK Heating OilUK Home Heating OilUK Red DieselUK White DieselUK KereseneUK Commercial FuelsUK Calor GasUK Propane GasUK Butane GasUK Heating GasUK Horse TrainingUK Horse TrainerUK Horse WhispererUK Equine WhispererUK Horse Whisperer Victoria SmithUK Rattan Garden FurnitureUK Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan SofaUK Rattan Dining SetUK Rattan DirectUK Cheap Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan Corner SofasUK Rattan Day BedsUK Rattan Sun LoungersUK Rattan Cube SetsUK Rattan Bistro SetsUK ChimeneasUK FirepitsUK Patio HeatersUK Hygiene VendingUK Washroom VendingUK Air FreshenersUK Air CareUK Aerosol SystemsUK Gel SystemsUK Water SavingUK Urinal Water SavingUK Eco CapsUK SensaflushUK Water ManagementUK Urinal DosingUK Urinal V ScreensUK Legionella Risk AssessmentUK Legionella Risk TestingUK Legionaires Risk AssessmentUK Legionella BacteriaUK Legionaires BacteriaUK Legionella ComplianceUK Legionella AdviceUK Legionella Landlords AdviceUK Legionella TestingUK Legionella CheckUK Legionella RegulationsUK Legionella Risk Assessment For LandlordsUK Legionella Water TestingUK Legionella QuoteUK Fire Stove GlassUK Heat Resistant GlassUK Fire GlassUK Stove GlassUK Fire Resistant GlassUK Replacement Stove GlassUK Glass For StovesUK Dust MatsUK Entrance MatsUK Reception MatsUK Anti Fatigue MatsUK Floor MatsUK Logo MatsUK London Washroom ServicesUK London Sanitary BinsUK London Shredding ServicesUK London Trade Waste DisposalUK London Legionella TestingUK London Clinical WasteUK Washroom ServicesUK Principal WashroomsUK Washrooms SuppliesUK Washrooms SolutionsUK Sanitary DisposalUK Sanitary BinsUK Sani BinsUK Lady BinsUK Feminine Hygiene UnitsUK Sanitary Waste DisposalUK Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Waste BinUK Sanitary Waste BinsUK Sanitary UnitsUK Feminine UnitsUK Hygiene ServicesUK Sanitary Bin SupplierUK Sanitary Bin RentalUK Sanitary Bin Rental ServicesUK Sanitary BinUK SanitarybinUK Feminine Hygiene BinsUK Female Santary BinUK Sani binUK Sani binsUK Sanibin RentalUK Sanitary BoxUK Sanitary BoxesUK Sanitary Bin QuoteUK Sanitary Bin PriceUK Sanitary Bin CostUK Sanitary Disposal QuoteUK Sanitary Disposal PriceUK Sanitary Disposal CostUK Free Duty of CareUK Tampon BinUK Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Tampon BinUK Sanitary Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Towel BinUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Feminine WasteUK Feminine Hygiene WasteUK Sanitary Waste RegulationsUK Sanitary Waste LawUK Sanitary Bins LawUK Sanitary Bins For Small BusinessUK Sanitary Bin Service CostUK Sanitary Bin Collection CostUK Disposal of Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Sanitary Towel DisposalUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK Biomass WasteUK Metal WasteUK Paper ShreddingUK Local ShreddingUK Secure ShreddingUK Confidential ShreddingUK Document DestructionUK Confidential WasteUK Confidential Waste ServiceUK Confidential Waste ServicesUK Confidential Waste ShreddingUK Confidential Waste DisposalUK Confidential Waste DestructionUK On Site ShreddingUK Off Site ShreddingUK One Off ShreddingUK Contract ShreddingUK GDPR ShreddingUK ShreddingUK Document ShreddingUK Shredding ServicesUK Mobile ShreddingUK Dental WasteUK Dental Waste DisposalUK Dental Waste LegislationUK Dental Waste ComplianceUK Accupuncture WasteUK Accupuncture Waste DisposalUK Accupuncture Waste CollectionAccupuncture Waste in UKAccupuncture Waste Disposal in UKAccupuncture Waste Collection in UKUK Acupuncture WasteUK Acupuncture Waste DisposalUK Acupuncture Waste CollectionUK Acupuncture Waste ServiceUK Acupuncture Clinical WasteUK Acupuncture SharpsUK Acupuncture NeedlesUK Beauty Salon Clincical WasteUK Beauty Salon MicrobladingUK Beauty Salon NeedlesUK Beauty Salon SharpsUK Tattoo WasteUK Tattoo Waste DisposalTattoo Waste in UKTattoo Waste Disposal in UKTattoo Waste Collection in UKTattoo Waste Compliance in UKTattoo Waste Services in UKTattoo Clinical Waste in UKTattoo Sharps in UKTattoo Needles in UKUK Sharps BinUK Sharps BinsUK Sharps CollectionUK Sharps DisposalUK Hazardous SharpsUK Non Hazardous SharpsUK Cytotoxic SharpsUK Cytostatic SharpsUK Ink BlockUK Wet_WasteUK Tattoo InkUK Drug DestructionUK Drug DisposalUK Drug DenaturingUK Unwanted DrugsUK Out Of Date DrugsUK Pest ControlUK Rodent ControlUK Bird ControlUK Bird ProofingUK Guano ControlUK Pest Call OutUK Pest PreventionUK Pest DeterrentUK Nursery WasteUK Nappy WasteUK Nappy BinUK Nappy BinsUK Nappy DisposalUK Nappy Wheelie BinUK Nursery Waste DisposalUK Nursery Waste CollectionUK Nappy Waste RegulationsUK Commercial Nappy WasteUK Nappy Disposal BinUK Nappy Waste CollectionUK Incontinence PadsUK Offensive WasteUK Human WasteUK Nursing Home WasteUK Care Home WasteUK Hazardous WasteUK Infectous WasteUK Pharmaceutical WasteUK Medicinal WasteUK Medicine WasteUK Infection ControlUK Hand SanitisersUK Clinical WasteUK Clinical Waste RemovalUK Clinical Waste CollectionUK Clinical Waste RegulationsUK Clinical Waste DisposalUK Clinical Waste ManagementUK Clinical Waste PolicyUK EA RegistrationSell my scrap van in UKWashroom Services in TarletonSanitary bins quoteGarden Services in SouthportGarden Services in OrmskirkGarden Services in FormybGarden Services in TarletonUK Path GravelUK Path GravelsUK GravelUK GravelsUK Garden Path GravelUK Decorative GravelsUK Cotswold GravelUK Bulk AggregatesUK Mass AggregatesUK Aggregates SuppliersUK Aggregate SuppliersUK Bulk Bags AggregatesUK Bulk BagsUK Mot Type 1UK Mot Type 2UK Top SoilUK Building SandUK Grit SandUK Fine SandUK Play SandUK Top Dressing SandUK Silica SandUK Mersey SandUK Kiln Dried SandUK Plastering SandUK Crusher RunUK DustUK BallestUK HardcoreUK GritUK Horticultural GritUK Alpine GritUK LimestoneUK GraniteUK Cotswold ChippingsUK Golden FlintUK MoonstoneUK Pea GravelUK Cheshire PinkUK Yorkshire CreamUK Derbyshire Peak StoneUK Green BallastUK Autumn GoldUK Pink GravelUK Blue SlateUK Plum SlateUK Grey SlateUK Welsh SlateUK Play BarkUK Chip BarkUK Christmas TreesUK Xmas TreesUK Artificial TreeUK Christmas Decorations