UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
FirstFirst ... ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 2643
    Likes / Dislikes

shippy, regarding your posts #2381 & #2383 on students' experiences in higher education
    — notably, reports of a spike in abusive behaviour since the war triggered by attacks in October.

What if anything, does an apparent spike say about contemporary Britain?
    1. Other comparable (i.e. Western, democratic) countries report similar, if not worse levels of abuse — NOT of course, a consolation.

2. Random instances of abuse aimed at individuals who are (or even may be on the basis of their attire or appearance) Jewish or Muslim are perhaps especially malicious because they are unwarranted and personally harmful.

3. My suspicion is that hateful behaviour does appear to have become more evident in as much as social media amplifies the background animosities. The questions, then:
      • Is religious animosity more prevalent than in the past?
      • Or, is it a case of animosity more in evidence?

|

Antipathies directed at the State of Israel over its handling of its "Palestinian problem" complicates the picture through that country's extensive use of public diplomacy which in practice includes aligning civil society groups outside of Israel with Israel's conventional, inter-governmental diplomacy messaging. Jewish organizations and prominent individuals speak out with a coordinated voice on matters directly pertaining to Israel's diplomatic interests. Israel's public diplomacy has been particularly effective, so much so that pro-Palestinian groups have been tarred, quite unfairly, with accusations of extremism and anti-Semitism.

Organizations like the Community Security Trust (CST) are primed to record and report threats and smears directed at the UK's Jewish community. Comparable Muslim organizations have been established to do the same with respect of the UK's Muslims, but they are following rather than leading in this. Consequently, many people seem to believe that (as per your posts) Jewish students are being especially adversely affected.
    At the same time Jewish students are complaining of discrimination, pro-Palestinian groups and individuals are subjected to legal threats and intimidation by civil society organizations not obviously linked to Israel, yet serving the function of linking Israel protests with anti-Jewish sentiments.

Taken altogether, I do not suppose that degrees of ill-feeling or hatred are much changed over time, except insofar as the demographic cross-section of the UK's population has changed and some more recently arrived communities have not (yet) entirely shed the retrograde attitudes learned in their countries of origin.

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    That piece on the BBC about the alloting of plots in Gaza for Jewish settlers just about sums up the way things are heading.

Ethnic cleansing for all to see.

Level it, clear it and away you go.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by local View Post
    That piece on the BBC about the alloting of plots in Gaza for Jewish settlers just about sums up the way things are heading.

Ethnic cleansing for all to see.

Level it, clear it and away you go.
    I watched it too. Very disturbing and what a vile group of people.

‘Some in the settler movement have cherished the dream - or pipedream - of returning to Gaza since 2005, when Israel ordered a unilateral pullout, 21 settlements were dismantled and about 9,000 settlers were evacuated by the army.’

‘Just ask Daniella Weiss, 78, the grandmother of Israel's settler movement, who says she already has a list of 500 families ready to move to Gaza immediately.
    "I have friends in Tel Aviv," she says, "so they say, 'Don't forget to keep for me a plot near the coast in Gaza,' because it's a beautiful, beautiful coast, beautiful golden sand".
    She tells them the plots on the coast are already booked.
    Mrs Weiss heads a radical settler organisation called Nachala, or homeland. For decades, she has been kickstarting Jewish settlements in the Israeli-occupied West Bank and East Jerusalem, on Palestinian land captured by Israel in the 1967 Middle East war.’

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by donkey22 View Post
    I watched it too. Very disturbing and what a vile group of people.

‘Some in the settler movement have cherished the dream - or pipedream - of returning to Gaza since 2005, when Israel ordered a unilateral pullout, 21 settlements were dismantled and about 9,000 settlers were evacuated by the army.’

‘Just ask Daniella Weiss, 78, the grandmother of Israel's settler movement, who says she already has a list of 500 families ready to move to Gaza immediately.
    "I have friends in Tel Aviv," she says, "so they say, 'Don't forget to keep for me a plot near the coast in Gaza,' because it's a beautiful, beautiful coast, beautiful golden sand".
    She tells them the plots on the coast are already booked.
    Mrs Weiss heads a radical settler organisation called Nachala, or homeland. For decades, she has been kickstarting Jewish settlements in the Israeli-occupied West Bank and East Jerusalem, on Palestinian land captured by Israel in the 1967 Middle East war.’
    They can dream as much as they want. But it will never ever happen
    There are too many Israeli citizens who want this government out asap.
    Too many people are devasted by the actions of this extremist government
    —-/———————————————————————————————-

As I see it.
    Problem is, that Hamas are still holding 130 hostages and if they had agreed to hand them over months ago, things would never have got to this appalling stage.
    Hamas are again using the Palestinians as pawns, to gain world sympathy.
    There are many protests in Israel to bring the hostages home.
    Netanyahu is playing a very dangerous game. Because of him many Israelis are tarred with the same brush ..

I’m sure that Sinwar and his close family are back in their luxury hotel in Qatar. As leader of Hamas, he should be with his people..

The BBC can’t be relied on to tell the accurate truth. Those settlers may have a dream, but I’m convinced it will have a chance of happening like a snowball in hell.

Most Israelis are against this government and want them out.

6. Likes Hamble liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes

Name:  theguardian.png
Views: 0
Size:  7.9 KB

14.46 GMT
    UN security council passes resolution calling for ceasefire in Gaza after US abstains

For the first time the UN security council has voted for a call for a ceasefire in Gaza, after the US abstained, rather than using its veto as it has done on previous occasions. Russia and China have also previously vetoed texts.

The resolution that passed was written by the 10 elected members to the council, and proposed in the chamber by Mozambique’s representative.

Russia attempted to amend the text by restoring it to an earlier draft which included the word “permanent”, but the bid failed.

14 members of the UN security council voted for the resolution, while the US abstained.

Israel’s prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu had earlier threatened to cancel a planned delegation to Washington if the US did not exercise its veto.
    Updated at 14.52 GMT

Likes / Dislikes
    More than 100 Israeli settlers storm Jerusalem’s Al-Aqsa Mosque to celebrate Purim

Settler incursion comes amid rising tensions over Israel’s deadly offensive on Gaza Strip

JERUSALEM

More than 100 Israeli settlers forced their way into the flashpoint Al-Aqsa Mosque complex on Sunday to celebrate the Jewish holiday of Purim, according to a Palestinian agency.

In a statement, the Jordan-run Islamic Waqf Department, which oversees the holy sites in Jerusalem, said the settlers entered the site through the mosque’s al-Maghariba Gate under police protection.

The settler incursion came amid rising tensions across the West Bank over Israel’s deadly offensive on the Gaza Strip, which killed more than 32,200 people since last October following a Hamas attack.

At least 450 Palestinians have been killed and 4,750 others injured by Israeli army fire in West Bank since Oct. 7, 2023, according to the Health Ministry.

Al-Aqsa Mosque is the world's third-holiest site for Muslims. Jews call the area the "Temple Mount," claiming it was the site of two Jewish temples in ancient times.

Israel occupied East Jerusalem, where Al-Aqsa is located, during the 1967 Arab-Israeli War. It annexed the entire city in 1980 in a move never recognized by the international community.

* Writing by Ikram Kouachi Anadolu Agency

Likes / Dislikes
    The problem is if Hamas hadn't attacked and hadn't taken hostages the settlers would still be "picking their plots" and getting them.

700,000 already there.

The "War" and its causes almost irrelevant.

If the people of gaza dropped Hamas for Bhuddist monks they are still getting kicked out.

They have no upside

Likes / Dislikes
    The problem is if Hamas hadn't attacked and hadn't taken hostages the settlers would still be "picking their plots" and getting them.

700,000 already there.

The "War" and its causes almost irrelevant.

If the people of gaza dropped Hamas for Bhuddist monks they are still getting kicked out.

They have no upside
    Sorry Local, you are really totally incorrect.

When you say, the war is irrelevant. It’s going to cause a terrific change in that area. I really pray that this war will end with the destruction of Hamas. The Palestinians will return to their land..hopefully with a better leadership than what they have now.

Those people in Gaza are suffering because of Hamas.

11. Likes Hamble liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes

Name:  Ynet-news.png
Size:  5.8 KB

Chief rabbi threatens Haredi exodus over conscription, critics call for his resignation

'If you force us to go to the army, we’ll all move abroad,' says Rabbi Yitzhak Yosef, tying Israel's military successes to Torah study; 'Rabbi Yosef's words are an insult and disgrace to IDF soldiers who risk their lives to defend the country,' Lapid says

A contentious issue within Israel but receiving less attention globally vis-à-vis issues surrounding Palestinian rights, the Israel-Gaza war surfaces tensions among Jewish Israelis.

Name:  theguardian.png
Size:  7.9 KB

Plan to end ultra-Orthodox students’ military exemption sparks row in Israel.

Ultra-Orthodox young men clash with police in Jerusalem during a protest against the plans.
    Photograph: Alessio Mamo/The Guardian

Name:  ampersand?.png
Size:  8.8 KB

Name:  AP_AssocPress.png
Size:  12.3 KB

Brewing conflict over military service for Israel’s ultra-Orthodox males

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by shippy View Post

When you say, the war is irrelevant. It’s going to cause a terrific change in that area. I really pray that this war will end with the destruction of Hamas. The Palestinians will return to their land..hopefully with a better leadership than what they have now.

How,

is my number wrong, very happy to correct?

Hamas won't be destroyed, that's pie in the sky.

The Palestinians have nothing to go back to for those that survive.

Let's be honest as to who the people in Gaza are being killed by in their tens of thousands and just who is destroying their country?

Every death,every bomb,every destroyed hospital and school isn't winning hearts and minds.

The mutilated children?

Israel has become a great recruiting sergeant for the terrorists.

Knocking down your neighbours house to target the rats isn't a product of great thinking.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by shippy View Post

‘This war will end with the destruction of Hamas’.

Fat lot of good for the 32,000 who have died at the hands of war criminal Netanyahu including almost 13,000 children. Is this the same war that he promised would be over in 4 weeks?
    Absolutely disgusting.
    Destruction of Palestine yes, destruction of Hamas? Not going to happen.

Likes / Dislikes
    How,

Let's be honest as to who the people in Gaza are being killed by in their tens of thousands and just who is destroying their country?

Every death,every bomb,every destroyed hospital and school isn't winning hearts and minds.

The mutilated children?

Knocking down your neighbours house to target the rats isn't a product of great thinking.
    SHIPPY hasn't queried your figures, most of the Palestinians are unable to leave and will have to remain there.
    At the end of this there will be no winners only losers, many thousands of Palestinians are already dead, many of the hostages will be dead, many UDF soldiers will be dead. Netanyahu's government will be gone who will be the replacements - the extreme Zionists? Israel will be a much smaller place as the International Community will insist on a Palestinian State with settlers removed but no Hamas. Hamas will not go away they will reemerge and trouble will eventually start again.

Likes / Dislikes
    How,

The mutilated children?

Should the UK give up on fighting terrorism?

Hamas misfires and child abuse is causing mutilations are they exempt from your concern?

Sadly Hamas has rejected the UN call for a complete ceasefire.

What do you suggest next?

Likes / Dislikes

Politics

Quote Originally Posted by Hamble View Post

Hamas misfires and child abuse is causing mutilations are they exempt from your concern?

Sadly Hamas has rejected the UN call for a complete ceasefire.

What do you suggest next?
    Good afternoon Hamble.

What amazes me, is the changes in our own British society. People, who have little knowledge of British ancestry and traditions are taking over the streets of London. Places in Britain that have no go areas ,for many people, but especially for Jews…. FGS
    This situation bothers me immensely ,just as much as the Middle East problem.

I think today, ( according to what I have witnessed on TV and read) many Palestinians have come to their senses and want Hamas out. ASAP.
    I intensely dislike repeating what I have written in previous posts.

You, as people, who have been educated and can see both sides of the conflict
    I ask you, to sincerely look again at the situation.
    Hamas destroyed Gaza, because of the greed of their leaders. Men who have never had a penny to their name, suddenly have found themselves
    able to whittle away literally millions and millions into their own bank accounts.

Hamas, are passing exaggerated news statements about who is killed etc

I hope for world peace, that this conflict will cease quickly. It’s a horrific time for humanity.

I haven’t seen any mention on the forum of what happened in Russia by 4 Turkish ISIS terrorists
    Oooops Shippy, they are Turkish not Israeli Jews.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamble View Post
    ?
    I think that Britain should take a serious look at what’s happening to Britain ..

Terrorism is just around the corner of any country which unknowingly supports the leaders of terrorist groups …and people who want to destroy my beautiful country of Britain.

19. Likes Hamble liked this post
FirstFirst ... ... LastLast
Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK /
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in UK
Replacement Stove Glass in UK
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
UKUK News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)
UK MasksUK Face MasksUK KN95 MasksUK Disposable MasksUK Hand SanitiserUK Hand SanitizerUK PPEUK Bathroom SuppliesUK Cheap BathroomsUK Discount BathroomsUK Bathroom SalesUK Bathroom SuitesUK Bathroom TapsUK Basin TapsUK Bath TapsUK Kitchen TapsUK Free Standing Bath TapsUK Bath Mixer TapUK Bidet TapsUK Shower EnclosuresUK Bi Fold Shower DoorsUK Corner ShowersUK Pivot Shower DoorsUK Sliding Shower DoorsUK Shower Side PanelsUK Quadrant ShowersUK Shower TraysUK Wet-RoomsUK Bathroom ShowersUK Showers ValvesUK Showers RailsUK Showers HeadsUK Showers ArmsUK Showers HandsetsUK Showers JetsUK Showers ElbowsUK Toilet SeatsUK ToiletsUK BasinsUK Basin WastesUK Combined Toilet BasinUK Bathroom FurnitureUK BathsUK L Shaped BathUK P Shaped BathUK Bath ScreensUK SanitarywareUK Combined Toilet BasinUK StovesUK Wood StovesUK Home StovesUK Cooker StovesUK Enamel StovesUK Designer StovesUK Contemporary StovesUK Multi Fuel StovesUK Car ServicingUK MOTgUK TyresUK Car BatteryUK ExhaustUK Journalist JobsUK Reporter JobsUK Writing JobsUK Freelance WriterUK Self Employed JobsUK Franchise BusinessUK Franchise OpportunitiesUK Car InsuranceUK Cheap Car InsuranceUK Car Insurance BrokersUK Driving SchoolsUK Driving LessonsUK Driving TestUK Driving Theory TestUK Driving Instruction, 0000 UK Driving Instructor, 0000 UK VouchersUK DealsUK MatalanUK Railway SleepersUK Reclaimed SleepersUK New SleepersUK CoalUK House CoalUK Household CoalUK Smokeless CoalUK Smokeless FuelUK Coal BagsUK FirewoodUK Fire WoodUK Kiln Dried HardwoodUK Kiln Dried LogsUK Logs For SaleUK Log SuppliesUK LogsUK Firewood LogsUK Seasoned LogsUK Hardwood LogsUK Firewood SuppliersUK Firewood Log SuppliersUK Firewood Dumpy BagsUK Firewood CratesUK Cheap FirewoodUK Homefire LogsUK Cheap Firewood LogsUK Kindle ConesUK Pizza Oven LogsUK Heating OilUK Home Heating OilUK Red DieselUK White DieselUK KereseneUK Commercial FuelsUK Calor GasUK Propane GasUK Butane GasUK Heating GasUK Horse TrainingUK Horse TrainerUK Horse WhispererUK Equine WhispererUK Horse Whisperer Victoria SmithUK Rattan Garden FurnitureUK Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan SofaUK Rattan Dining SetUK Rattan DirectUK Cheap Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan Corner SofasUK Rattan Day BedsUK Rattan Sun LoungersUK Rattan Cube SetsUK Rattan Bistro SetsUK ChimeneasUK FirepitsUK Patio HeatersUK Hygiene VendingUK Washroom VendingUK Air FreshenersUK Air CareUK Aerosol SystemsUK Gel SystemsUK Water SavingUK Urinal Water SavingUK Eco CapsUK SensaflushUK Water ManagementUK Urinal DosingUK Urinal V ScreensUK Legionella Risk AssessmentUK Legionella Risk TestingUK Legionaires Risk AssessmentUK Legionella BacteriaUK Legionaires BacteriaUK Legionella ComplianceUK Legionella AdviceUK Legionella Landlords AdviceUK Legionella TestingUK Legionella CheckUK Legionella RegulationsUK Legionella Risk Assessment For LandlordsUK Legionella Water TestingUK Legionella QuoteUK Fire Stove GlassUK Heat Resistant GlassUK Fire GlassUK Stove GlassUK Fire Resistant GlassUK Replacement Stove GlassUK Glass For StovesUK Dust MatsUK Entrance MatsUK Reception MatsUK Anti Fatigue MatsUK Floor MatsUK Logo MatsUK London Washroom ServicesUK London Sanitary BinsUK London Shredding ServicesUK London Trade Waste DisposalUK London Legionella TestingUK London Clinical WasteUK Washroom ServicesUK Principal WashroomsUK Washrooms SuppliesUK Washrooms SolutionsUK Sanitary DisposalUK Sanitary BinsUK Sani BinsUK Lady BinsUK Feminine Hygiene UnitsUK Sanitary Waste DisposalUK Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Waste BinUK Sanitary Waste BinsUK Sanitary UnitsUK Feminine UnitsUK Hygiene ServicesUK Sanitary Bin SupplierUK Sanitary Bin RentalUK Sanitary Bin Rental ServicesUK Sanitary BinUK SanitarybinUK Feminine Hygiene BinsUK Female Santary BinUK Sani binUK Sani binsUK Sanibin RentalUK Sanitary BoxUK Sanitary BoxesUK Sanitary Bin QuoteUK Sanitary Bin PriceUK Sanitary Bin CostUK Sanitary Disposal QuoteUK Sanitary Disposal PriceUK Sanitary Disposal CostUK Free Duty of CareUK Tampon BinUK Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Tampon BinUK Sanitary Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Towel BinUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Feminine WasteUK Feminine Hygiene WasteUK Sanitary Waste RegulationsUK Sanitary Waste LawUK Sanitary Bins LawUK Sanitary Bins For Small BusinessUK Sanitary Bin Service CostUK Sanitary Bin Collection CostUK Disposal of Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Sanitary Towel DisposalUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK Biomass WasteUK Metal WasteUK Paper ShreddingUK Local ShreddingUK Secure ShreddingUK Confidential ShreddingUK Document DestructionUK Confidential WasteUK Confidential Waste ServiceUK Confidential Waste ServicesUK Confidential Waste ShreddingUK Confidential Waste DisposalUK Confidential Waste DestructionUK On Site ShreddingUK Off Site ShreddingUK One Off ShreddingUK Contract ShreddingUK GDPR ShreddingUK ShreddingUK Document ShreddingUK Shredding ServicesUK Mobile ShreddingUK Dental WasteUK Dental Waste DisposalUK Dental Waste LegislationUK Dental Waste ComplianceUK Accupuncture WasteUK Accupuncture Waste DisposalUK Accupuncture Waste CollectionAccupuncture Waste in UKAccupuncture Waste Disposal in UKAccupuncture Waste Collection in UKUK Acupuncture WasteUK Acupuncture Waste DisposalUK Acupuncture Waste CollectionUK Acupuncture Waste ServiceUK Acupuncture Clinical WasteUK Acupuncture SharpsUK Acupuncture NeedlesUK Beauty Salon Clincical WasteUK Beauty Salon MicrobladingUK Beauty Salon NeedlesUK Beauty Salon SharpsUK Tattoo WasteUK Tattoo Waste DisposalTattoo Waste in UKTattoo Waste Disposal in UKTattoo Waste Collection in UKTattoo Waste Compliance in UKTattoo Waste Services in UKTattoo Clinical Waste in UKTattoo Sharps in UKTattoo Needles in UKUK Sharps BinUK Sharps BinsUK Sharps CollectionUK Sharps DisposalUK Hazardous SharpsUK Non Hazardous SharpsUK Cytotoxic SharpsUK Cytostatic SharpsUK Ink BlockUK Wet_WasteUK Tattoo InkUK Drug DestructionUK Drug DisposalUK Drug DenaturingUK Unwanted DrugsUK Out Of Date DrugsUK Pest ControlUK Rodent ControlUK Bird ControlUK Bird ProofingUK Guano ControlUK Pest Call OutUK Pest PreventionUK Pest DeterrentUK Nursery WasteUK Nappy WasteUK Nappy BinUK Nappy BinsUK Nappy DisposalUK Nappy Wheelie BinUK Nursery Waste DisposalUK Nursery Waste CollectionUK Nappy Waste RegulationsUK Commercial Nappy WasteUK Nappy Disposal BinUK Nappy Waste CollectionUK Incontinence PadsUK Offensive WasteUK Human WasteUK Nursing Home WasteUK Care Home WasteUK Hazardous WasteUK Infectous WasteUK Pharmaceutical WasteUK Medicinal WasteUK Medicine WasteUK Infection ControlUK Hand SanitisersUK Clinical WasteUK Clinical Waste RemovalUK Clinical Waste CollectionUK Clinical Waste RegulationsUK Clinical Waste DisposalUK Clinical Waste ManagementUK Clinical Waste PolicyUK EA RegistrationSell my scrap van in UKWashroom Services in TarletonSanitary bins quoteGarden Services in SouthportGarden Services in OrmskirkGarden Services in FormybGarden Services in TarletonUK Path GravelUK Path GravelsUK GravelUK GravelsUK Garden Path GravelUK Decorative GravelsUK Cotswold GravelUK Bulk AggregatesUK Mass AggregatesUK Aggregates SuppliersUK Aggregate SuppliersUK Bulk Bags AggregatesUK Bulk BagsUK Mot Type 1UK Mot Type 2UK Top SoilUK Building SandUK Grit SandUK Fine SandUK Play SandUK Top Dressing SandUK Silica SandUK Mersey SandUK Kiln Dried SandUK Plastering SandUK Crusher RunUK DustUK BallestUK HardcoreUK GritUK Horticultural GritUK Alpine GritUK LimestoneUK GraniteUK Cotswold ChippingsUK Golden FlintUK MoonstoneUK Pea GravelUK Cheshire PinkUK Yorkshire CreamUK Derbyshire Peak StoneUK Green BallastUK Autumn GoldUK Pink GravelUK Blue SlateUK Plum SlateUK Grey SlateUK Welsh SlateUK Play BarkUK Chip BarkUK Christmas TreesUK Xmas TreesUK Artificial TreeUK Christmas Decorations