UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
FirstFirst ... LastLast
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Region View Post
    What's with the repeated "tell me in your own words" shtick? It's you who's a lazy c&p merchant.

As heartless inquisitions go, that's a vampiric doozy . You sound as though you're practising to be a Job's comforter.

Btw, I've 'Disliked' your post, as I know how important it is for you to achieve your target of 400 dislikes for your output on here (before your next goal of 500 dislikes, etc...). I'm pleased to help as it was nothing to me.

Jolly good! You have done your good deed for the day so now you can just pop off and enjoy yourself in the satisfying knowledge that you have been a credit to all mankind.

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by said View Post
    The questions were arranged as a media reporter would have asked them and for a single purpose only. Your only response was abusive - without answering one of the questions. I an only deal with the facts as you produce them, not fairy tales.
    Your 'facts as you produce them', plus your fanciful additions, are fairy tales indeed!

Johnson does not have Covid for the second time. He's isolating due to contact with David. David has contracted Covid... for the first time.

Your question to Toodles re.how long was it after her son tested positive on Monday before he experienced symptoms. She doesn't mention her son. Her GRANDSON tested positive on a Monday AFTER experiencing symptoms over the weekend.

4. Likes Toodles McGinty liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by seivad View Post
    Your 'facts as you produce them', plus your fanciful additions, are fairy tales indeed!

Johnson does not have Covid for the second time. He's isolating due to contact with David. David has contracted Covid... for the first time.

Your question to Toodles re.how long was it after her son tested positive on Monday before he experienced symptoms. She doesn't mention her son. Her GRANDSON tested positive on a Monday AFTER experiencing symptoms over the weekend.
    Wasting your time seviad, you don’t expect accuracy when it comes to facts? We all know that facts aren’t “Said’s” strongpoint, don’t you know that variants/mutations of the virus are weaker than the original, can’t imagine why some new variants are causing so much concern, after all our resident “expert” has declared them of no consequence,

6. Likes seivad, Toodles McGinty liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by silver fox View Post
    Wasting your time seviad, you don’t expect accuracy when it comes to facts? We all know that facts aren’t “Said’s” strongpoint, don’t you know that variants/mutations of the virus are weaker than the original, can’t imagine why some new variants are causing so much concern, after all our resident “expert” has declared them of no consequence,

Like everyone else, I do make spelling mistakes or insert a wrong word unintentionally, I am only as human as anyone else. But I can assure you my facts are accurate. I have been right far more times than I have been wrong simply because I do know what I am talking about unless of course, my education has been wrong, my research has been wrong and I have therefore passed misinformation on to hundreds of others - whereas all your information is correct, and you know everything there is to know because you listened to television 'experts' who you have not bothered to check out.

Would you prefer to discuss anything with people who will agree with you just because it is a simpler way of life, or would you prefer to discuss topics with people who will tell you the truth? I am not on any governments payroll. Would you prefer someone to tell you that the tie you are wearing is a wonderful accessory to your outfit because it is easier to say that then get into an argument when in fact the truth is that the tie is a blasphemy to fashion. Do you prefer to be lied to?

I do not lie and I am not known to do so - but it is so easy for me to see when someone else is. I am known for speaking my mind and I am not intimidated by anyone. If I am proved to be wrong, I will apologise and accept that it is all part of the learning curve - but I am not wrong and no-one as proved that I am.

So, apart from the Chinese whispers that are common on this site - I challenge you to prove that I am wrong. If you cannot do so - then you have no right in condemning what I say.

I doubt anyone can offer any such proof, and because they are unable to do so, I have no doubt that I will be once again, subjected to a load of personal abuse that posters enjoy and cling to - and then I have once again, won the day.

8. Dislikes seivad disliked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Has the Prof's meds changed?

10. Likes Toodles McGinty liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    So you have BEEN TOLD. Got any evidence? Anyway, variants are generally weaker than the original virus, which in itself was pretty weak anyway.
    Care to explain how a weaker variant manages to eclipse the variant in circulation and take its place as the dominant variant?

12. Likes Toodles McGinty, silver fox liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    The questions were arranged as a media reporter would have asked them and for a single purpose only. Your only response was abusive - without answering one of the questions. I an only deal with the facts as you produce them, not fairy tales.
    You aren't a media reporter. I've detailed the situation with my family.

And you're a crank. **** off.

Likes / Dislikes
    Like everyone else, I do make spelling mistakes or insert a wrong word unintentionally, I am only as human as anyone else. But I can assure you my facts are accurate. I have been right far more times than I have been wrong simply because I do know what I am talking about unless of course, my education has been wrong, my research has been wrong and I have therefore passed misinformation on to hundreds of others - whereas all your information is correct, and you know everything there is to know because you listened to television 'experts' who you have not bothered to check out.

Would you prefer to discuss anything with people who will agree with you just because it is a simpler way of life, or would you prefer to discuss topics with people who will tell you the truth? I am not on any governments payroll. Would you prefer someone to tell you that the tie you are wearing is a wonderful accessory to your outfit because it is easier to say that then get into an argument when in fact the truth is that the tie is a blasphemy to fashion. Do you prefer to be lied to?

I do not lie and I am not known to do so - but it is so easy for me to see when someone else is. I am known for speaking my mind and I am not intimidated by anyone. Both Johnson and Javid have both had both vaccinations, and yet still contracted the virus for a second time. So how can you be sure where the other siblings caught it from? - bBoth Johnson and Javid have both had both vaccinations, and yet still contracted the virus for a second time. So how can you be sure where the other siblings caught it from?

So, apart from the Chinese whispers that are common on this site - I challenge you to prove that I am wrong. If you cannot do so - then you have no right in condemning what I say.

I doubt anyone can offer any such proof, and because they are unable to do so, I have no doubt that I will be once again, subjected to a load of personal abuse that posters enjoy and cling to - and then I have once again, won the day.

Prof, pretending that you have been in a higher educational position doesn't do you any favours and opens you up to ridicule.

Unless your some type of masochist of course?

15. Likes silver fox liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by seivad View Post
    Care to explain how a weaker variant manages to eclipse the variant in circulation and take its place as the dominant variant?

A virus does not suddenly morph into something completely different. It is only a variant due to a minute change in its RNA and these changes occur constantly with all viruses.

Each of these viruses comprises of an mRNA (Messenger RiboNucleicAcid) chain. When the virus replicates which it does do constantly, there may be a very slight variation in its RNA chain. A mutation. There are millions of variations during the activity period. A mutation can do one of three things, it can do absolutely nothing, it can kill the virus or it can be beneficial to the virus by creating a stronger strain.

The method, very basically explained - to detect a mutation, involves using a chemical to breakdown the wall of an infected cell, the cell contains lot of bits and pieces which are then placed into a centrifuge. The centrifuge separates the cell components into layers according to weight.The RNA genome, the lightest component, is on the top. This is removed an placed on a clean substrate and the RNA sequence can be read. It would be impossible to detect every single mutation a virus generates.

If the mutation is stronger than the original - the number of positive cases would exceed the original numbers - Except, for the human immune system. The human body's natural immune system has already recorded the virus and can act immediately to kill it. There are millions of mutations occurring within the human cells all the while someone is ill, so additional mutations are dealt with very efficiently.

There are no pre-symptomatic cases because as soon as a virus is contracted - the body's immune system reacts immediately. A person would have symptoms initially of a high temperature and a slight sore throat to begin with.

So mutations should not increase anxiety - they are a natural virus activity for which your body's immune system is able to deal with. Deaths occur when the body is unable to respond to a virus attack - this is when a person has certain underlying health conditions which are caused by a number of different viruses which the immune system is already fighting. In which case the immune system goes into overload and cannot deal with it.

The media refers to 'variants'/'mutations' - this is wrong. A virus produces millions of mutations - only when the mutation is beneficial does it become a new 'strain' - it cannot be a dominant variant.

Likes / Dislikes
    Your family do unfortunately seem to be going through a very unusual and rare rough time with their health. It must be very hard on you.

Please can you tell me in your own words, has this happened just now, or has it been going on for some while? Since you gave no indication in your previous comments. Can you tell me if your family tested positive after the test cycle was increased or before? From Monday when your son tested positive, how long after did symptoms begin to show?

Both Johnson and Javid have both had both vaccinations, and yet still contracted the virus for a second time. So how can you be sure where the other siblings caught it from?

Can you tell me, again in your own words - how you, or those who made the decision, managed to make an accurate diagnosis on the symptoms as opposed to the symptoms of a different type of coronavirus?

Do all your family live local or are they spread out in the UK?

Your answers could be very helpful to anyone else who may be caught out by this virus. Thank you
    I must have missed something can you provide me with a link to the information that both Johnson & Javid have caught it for a second time, I can find no reference to Javid having had it previously nor Johnson having caught it again.

Likes / Dislikes
    Just been to Sainsburys.

Happy to report that everyone, apart from one young lad, was masked.

Quite a few older people wearing them outside too.

Flip side of the coin, 11 were arrested at anti-lockdown protests in London. I'm all for the right to protest, but what in Wat Tyler's name are they protesting against? Isn't it supposed to be 'Freedom Day'?

And why is it mainly middle aged / older blokes?:

Likes / Dislikes
    A virus does not suddenly morph into something completely different. It is only a variant due to a minute change in its RNA and these changes occur constantly with all viruses.

Each of these viruses comprises of an mRNA (Messenger RiboNucleicAcid) chain. When the virus replicates which it does do constantly, there may be a very slight variation in its RNA chain. A mutation. There are millions of variations during the activity period. A mutation can do one of three things, it can do absolutely nothing, it can kill the virus or it can be beneficial to the virus by creating a stronger strain.

The method, very basically explained - to detect a mutation, involves using a chemical to breakdown the wall of an infected cell, the cell contains lot of bits and pieces which are then placed into a centrifuge. The centrifuge separates the cell components into layers according to weight.The RNA genome, the lightest component, is on the top. This is removed an placed on a clean substrate and the RNA sequence can be read. It would be impossible to detect every single mutation a virus generates.

If the mutation is stronger than the original - the number of positive cases would exceed the original numbers - Except, for the human immune system. The human body's natural immune system has already recorded the virus and can act immediately to kill it. There are millions of mutations occurring within the human cells all the while someone is ill, so additional mutations are dealt with very efficiently.

There are no pre-symptomatic cases because as soon as a virus is contracted - the body's immune system reacts immediately. A person would have symptoms initially of a high temperature and a slight sore throat to begin with.

So mutations should not increase anxiety - they are a natural virus activity for which your body's immune system is able to deal with. Deaths occur when the body is unable to respond to a virus attack - this is when a person has certain underlying health conditions which are caused by a number of different viruses which the immune system is already fighting. In which case the immune system goes into overload and cannot deal with it.

The media refers to 'variants'/'mutations' - this is wrong. A virus produces millions of mutations - only when the mutation is beneficial does it become a new 'strain' - it cannot be a dominant variant.
    I think the vast majority are aware that viruses mutate, that some make the virus weaker, some sadly make the virus stronger, until any variant is identified we have no idea as to any new properties the virus now has, this is why there is a degree of anxiety at all levels, mapping a virus is like watching evolution on speed.

20. Likes Toodles McGinty, Styx liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Nothing has changed for me mask wise.

Distancing is a habit I cannot break yet.

22. Likes Toodles McGinty, Styx liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    I think our resident Professor is trying to explain copying errors.

What he will do with his new found knowledge and his original Professor Flu posts are put side by side I don't know, perhaps go off grid for a while?

24. Likes Toodles McGinty liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by local View Post
    I think our resident Professor is trying to explain copying errors.

What he will do with his new found knowledge and his original Professor Flu posts are put side by side I don't know, perhaps go off grid for a while?
    Now Local mustn't point out these sort of things, you know our resident expert has never been proved wrong.

26. Likes Toodles McGinty liked this post
Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK /
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in UK
Replacement Stove Glass in UK
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
UKUK News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)
UK MasksUK Face MasksUK KN95 MasksUK Disposable MasksUK Hand SanitiserUK Hand SanitizerUK PPEUK Bathroom SuppliesUK Cheap BathroomsUK Discount BathroomsUK Bathroom SalesUK Bathroom SuitesUK Bathroom TapsUK Basin TapsUK Bath TapsUK Kitchen TapsUK Free Standing Bath TapsUK Bath Mixer TapUK Bidet TapsUK Shower EnclosuresUK Bi Fold Shower DoorsUK Corner ShowersUK Pivot Shower DoorsUK Sliding Shower DoorsUK Shower Side PanelsUK Quadrant ShowersUK Shower TraysUK Wet-RoomsUK Bathroom ShowersUK Showers ValvesUK Showers RailsUK Showers HeadsUK Showers ArmsUK Showers HandsetsUK Showers JetsUK Showers ElbowsUK Toilet SeatsUK ToiletsUK BasinsUK Basin WastesUK Combined Toilet BasinUK Bathroom FurnitureUK BathsUK L Shaped BathUK P Shaped BathUK Bath ScreensUK SanitarywareUK Combined Toilet BasinUK StovesUK Wood StovesUK Home StovesUK Cooker StovesUK Enamel StovesUK Designer StovesUK Contemporary StovesUK Multi Fuel StovesUK Car ServicingUK MOTgUK TyresUK Car BatteryUK ExhaustUK Journalist JobsUK Reporter JobsUK Writing JobsUK Freelance WriterUK Self Employed JobsUK Franchise BusinessUK Franchise OpportunitiesUK Car InsuranceUK Cheap Car InsuranceUK Car Insurance BrokersUK Driving SchoolsUK Driving LessonsUK Driving TestUK Driving Theory TestUK Driving Instruction, 0000 UK Driving Instructor, 0000 UK VouchersUK DealsUK MatalanUK Railway SleepersUK Reclaimed SleepersUK New SleepersUK CoalUK House CoalUK Household CoalUK Smokeless CoalUK Smokeless FuelUK Coal BagsUK FirewoodUK Fire WoodUK Kiln Dried HardwoodUK Kiln Dried LogsUK Logs For SaleUK Log SuppliesUK LogsUK Firewood LogsUK Seasoned LogsUK Hardwood LogsUK Firewood SuppliersUK Firewood Log SuppliersUK Firewood Dumpy BagsUK Firewood CratesUK Cheap FirewoodUK Homefire LogsUK Cheap Firewood LogsUK Kindle ConesUK Pizza Oven LogsUK Heating OilUK Home Heating OilUK Red DieselUK White DieselUK KereseneUK Commercial FuelsUK Calor GasUK Propane GasUK Butane GasUK Heating GasUK Horse TrainingUK Horse TrainerUK Horse WhispererUK Equine WhispererUK Horse Whisperer Victoria SmithUK Rattan Garden FurnitureUK Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan SofaUK Rattan Dining SetUK Rattan DirectUK Cheap Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan Corner SofasUK Rattan Day BedsUK Rattan Sun LoungersUK Rattan Cube SetsUK Rattan Bistro SetsUK ChimeneasUK FirepitsUK Patio HeatersUK Hygiene VendingUK Washroom VendingUK Air FreshenersUK Air CareUK Aerosol SystemsUK Gel SystemsUK Water SavingUK Urinal Water SavingUK Eco CapsUK SensaflushUK Water ManagementUK Urinal DosingUK Urinal V ScreensUK Legionella Risk AssessmentUK Legionella Risk TestingUK Legionaires Risk AssessmentUK Legionella BacteriaUK Legionaires BacteriaUK Legionella ComplianceUK Legionella AdviceUK Legionella Landlords AdviceUK Legionella TestingUK Legionella CheckUK Legionella RegulationsUK Legionella Risk Assessment For LandlordsUK Legionella Water TestingUK Legionella QuoteUK Fire Stove GlassUK Heat Resistant GlassUK Fire GlassUK Stove GlassUK Fire Resistant GlassUK Replacement Stove GlassUK Glass For StovesUK Dust MatsUK Entrance MatsUK Reception MatsUK Anti Fatigue MatsUK Floor MatsUK Logo MatsUK London Washroom ServicesUK London Sanitary BinsUK London Shredding ServicesUK London Trade Waste DisposalUK London Legionella TestingUK London Clinical WasteUK Washroom ServicesUK Principal WashroomsUK Washrooms SuppliesUK Washrooms SolutionsUK Sanitary DisposalUK Sanitary BinsUK Sani BinsUK Lady BinsUK Feminine Hygiene UnitsUK Sanitary Waste DisposalUK Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Waste BinUK Sanitary Waste BinsUK Sanitary UnitsUK Feminine UnitsUK Hygiene ServicesUK Sanitary Bin SupplierUK Sanitary Bin RentalUK Sanitary Bin Rental ServicesUK Sanitary BinUK SanitarybinUK Feminine Hygiene BinsUK Female Santary BinUK Sani binUK Sani binsUK Sanibin RentalUK Sanitary BoxUK Sanitary BoxesUK Sanitary Bin QuoteUK Sanitary Bin PriceUK Sanitary Bin CostUK Sanitary Disposal QuoteUK Sanitary Disposal PriceUK Sanitary Disposal CostUK Free Duty of CareUK Tampon BinUK Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Tampon BinUK Sanitary Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Towel BinUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Feminine WasteUK Feminine Hygiene WasteUK Sanitary Waste RegulationsUK Sanitary Waste LawUK Sanitary Bins LawUK Sanitary Bins For Small BusinessUK Sanitary Bin Service CostUK Sanitary Bin Collection CostUK Disposal of Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Sanitary Towel DisposalUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK Biomass WasteUK Metal WasteUK Paper ShreddingUK Local ShreddingUK Secure ShreddingUK Confidential ShreddingUK Document DestructionUK Confidential WasteUK Confidential Waste ServiceUK Confidential Waste ServicesUK Confidential Waste ShreddingUK Confidential Waste DisposalUK Confidential Waste DestructionUK On Site ShreddingUK Off Site ShreddingUK One Off ShreddingUK Contract ShreddingUK GDPR ShreddingUK ShreddingUK Document ShreddingUK Shredding ServicesUK Mobile ShreddingUK Dental WasteUK Dental Waste DisposalUK Dental Waste LegislationUK Dental Waste ComplianceUK Accupuncture WasteUK Accupuncture Waste DisposalUK Accupuncture Waste CollectionAccupuncture Waste in UKAccupuncture Waste Disposal in UKAccupuncture Waste Collection in UKUK Acupuncture WasteUK Acupuncture Waste DisposalUK Acupuncture Waste CollectionUK Acupuncture Waste ServiceUK Acupuncture Clinical WasteUK Acupuncture SharpsUK Acupuncture NeedlesUK Beauty Salon Clincical WasteUK Beauty Salon MicrobladingUK Beauty Salon NeedlesUK Beauty Salon SharpsUK Tattoo WasteUK Tattoo Waste DisposalTattoo Waste in UKTattoo Waste Disposal in UKTattoo Waste Collection in UKTattoo Waste Compliance in UKTattoo Waste Services in UKTattoo Clinical Waste in UKTattoo Sharps in UKTattoo Needles in UKUK Sharps BinUK Sharps BinsUK Sharps CollectionUK Sharps DisposalUK Hazardous SharpsUK Non Hazardous SharpsUK Cytotoxic SharpsUK Cytostatic SharpsUK Ink BlockUK Wet_WasteUK Tattoo InkUK Drug DestructionUK Drug DisposalUK Drug DenaturingUK Unwanted DrugsUK Out Of Date DrugsUK Pest ControlUK Rodent ControlUK Bird ControlUK Bird ProofingUK Guano ControlUK Pest Call OutUK Pest PreventionUK Pest DeterrentUK Nursery WasteUK Nappy WasteUK Nappy BinUK Nappy BinsUK Nappy DisposalUK Nappy Wheelie BinUK Nursery Waste DisposalUK Nursery Waste CollectionUK Nappy Waste RegulationsUK Commercial Nappy WasteUK Nappy Disposal BinUK Nappy Waste CollectionUK Incontinence PadsUK Offensive WasteUK Human WasteUK Nursing Home WasteUK Care Home WasteUK Hazardous WasteUK Infectous WasteUK Pharmaceutical WasteUK Medicinal WasteUK Medicine WasteUK Infection ControlUK Hand SanitisersUK Clinical WasteUK Clinical Waste RemovalUK Clinical Waste CollectionUK Clinical Waste RegulationsUK Clinical Waste DisposalUK Clinical Waste ManagementUK Clinical Waste PolicyUK EA RegistrationSell my scrap van in UKWashroom Services in TarletonSanitary bins quoteGarden Services in SouthportGarden Services in OrmskirkGarden Services in FormybGarden Services in TarletonUK Path GravelUK Path GravelsUK GravelUK GravelsUK Garden Path GravelUK Decorative GravelsUK Cotswold GravelUK Bulk AggregatesUK Mass AggregatesUK Aggregates SuppliersUK Aggregate SuppliersUK Bulk Bags AggregatesUK Bulk BagsUK Mot Type 1UK Mot Type 2UK Top SoilUK Building SandUK Grit SandUK Fine SandUK Play SandUK Top Dressing SandUK Silica SandUK Mersey SandUK Kiln Dried SandUK Plastering SandUK Crusher RunUK DustUK BallestUK HardcoreUK GritUK Horticultural GritUK Alpine GritUK LimestoneUK GraniteUK Cotswold ChippingsUK Golden FlintUK MoonstoneUK Pea GravelUK Cheshire PinkUK Yorkshire CreamUK Derbyshire Peak StoneUK Green BallastUK Autumn GoldUK Pink GravelUK Blue SlateUK Plum SlateUK Grey SlateUK Welsh SlateUK Play BarkUK Chip BarkUK Christmas TreesUK Xmas TreesUK Artificial TreeUK Christmas Decorations