UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
FirstFirst 1 ... LastLast

Thread: Carbon Dioxide.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by donkey22 View Post
    I wondered how long it would take for the climate change denying dunce’s to make a link between the two stories.

It will take you a long time before the penny drops.!

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by MICK/GILLY View Post
    The media are promoting the global warming scare based on gasses being let out into the atmosphere even though the globe has been warming and cooling since before time began long before we appeared and will continue long after we are all gone, but the scare this time is that due to gas prices ( that are set to rocket even worse soon ) fertiliser factories are closing and not producing co2 to be used in production and packaging of meats and poultry products, this is about to get worse and combined with transportation issues may result in less product getting to market and this will probably drive prices up aswell .
    There is no link the latter is fact.

I heard that there will only be sufficient fresh meat for a few weeks only - guess that supports last years promotions of vegetarian diets becoming the norm.

Likes / Dislikes
    What is also fact is that the current global warming catastrophe we are facing is up to 100% caused by man. Since 1850, almost all the long-term warming can be explained by greenhouse gas emissions and other human activities.

Whilst it is true to say that the earth’s temperature changes naturally over time. Variations in the planet’s orbit, solar cycles, and volcanic eruptions can all cause periods of warming or cooling.

However, reputable climate scientists unanimously agree that none of these natural causes can explain the earth’s current warming trend.

Those 'reputable' scientists all work and are paid by the government. You will not find one genuine independent climatologist agreeing with you. If you are being paid highly to find evidence for something - you would be a fool to prove otherwise.

5. Likes jamyramy, duncet liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by duncet View Post
    I absolutely agree that treatment of animals bred for slaughter is totally unacceptable and should not be tolerated in any civilised society. I also agree that pollution should be tackled on a mammoth scale. This is a real priority and a good start would be to ban the huge amounts of unnecessary packaging that is used in practically everything we buy.
    On the subject of global warming it is easy to take the view that because a large number of reputable scientists support the fashionable vogue that humans can change the course that our climate is heading, that global warming is a cut and dried fact. Surely it is only right to consider the opinions of other reputable scientists who do not follow the prescribed mantra but put forward alternative explanations on the subject. Surely we should be entitled to an open debate in which all views are examined? Instead, only the one side of the debate is heard and that is pushed on us from every direction as "fact" that shouldn't be questioned.
    Don't forget that climate scientists were telling us, when I was 8 years old, that we were about to enter an ice age. It is all done on modelling, much of which is not based on pure fact.
    I totally agree with you. There is no room for debate anymore - not when the government is promoting something or other. The views of independent scientists are not allowed, nor are sensible arguments raised by the public allowed. This is a dictatorship application. Democracy allows for open debate by which everyone benefits in finding the truth - but the truth is being hidden.

Yes, in the 1980's, the media was full of Global Freezing. If you try to find that fact on the internet now you won't be able to because any such reference has been deleted.

Another so called concern is that Russian ships have been seen in British waters - if the Russians wanted access to our waters for any reason, they only have to disguise a ship as a fishing vessel and no-one would take any notice. But common sense reasoning is heavily subdued because people are meant to believe what they are told. Well, if nothing else, it sorts the wheat from the chaff.

7. Likes jamyramy liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by local View Post
    You wonder why so many went down this man-made global warming route when it is and was clear that both our input and natural cycles gave room for argument.

Whatever your views on global warming you cannot argue with the pollution that blights our lives.

Giving people an obvious point of disagreement, however weak, was a great mistake.

If you don't believe in man-made global warming fine but give me an argument that the world isn't polluted.

I have never heard one that was even remotely cogent.

The World? Do you mean our planet or do you mean the Universe?

If you mean our planet, only 0.03% of our planet is inhabited, i.e for every1000 acres of land, humans use just 3 acres. Out of the number of countries in the World, one quarter of those 3 acres are without industry. The most polluted areas are built up areas that prevent natural air flow - so when the air moves to uninhabited areas i.e over the oceans - it cools and is absorbed by the water. Chemicals in the water, in addition to the water cycle dissipate any pollution that it once contained. Or, Air is dissipated in rainfall and falls to the ground and absorbed by flora and fauna etc., The air flow / water movement are very complicated on the planet and are not fully understood by any scientific expert, therefore it is impossible to program climatic events electronically for there is no pattern to them. In the past, the Earth has had far more pollution exuded into the atmosphere than there is around at present - think even of WW2? Seen any London smogs recently? Man cannot affect nature - nature is far too powerful.

Last edited by said; 22/09/2021 at 12:07 AM.

9. Likes jamyramy liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by said View Post
    The World? Do you mean our planet or do you mean the Universe?

If you mean our planet, only 0.03% of our planet is inhabited, i.e for every1000 acres of land, humans use just 3 acres. Out of the number of countries in the World, one quarter of those 3 acres are without industry. The most polluted areas are built up areas that prevent natural air flow - so when the air moves to uninhabited areas i.e over the oceans - it cools and is absorbed by the water. Chemicals in the water, in addition to the water cycle dissipate any pollution that it once contained. Or, Air is dissipated in rainfall and falls to the ground and absorbed by flora and fauna etc., The air flow / water movement are very complicated on the planet and are not fully understood by any scientific expert, therefore it is impossible to program climatic events electronically for there is no pattern to them. In the past, the Earth has had far more pollution exuded into the atmosphere than there is around at present - think even of WW2? Seen any London smogs recently? Man cannot affect nature - nature is far too powerful.

But Prof you haven't met even my basic challenge.

Just a cogent argument that the world isn't polluted I suppose because you haven't got one.

The quaint idea that mother nature cleans up after us is not grounded in sense or reality.

Oh and as you bought in the Universe(?) we are surrounding our planet with space junk.

Chemicals in the water, in addition to the water cycle dissipate any pollution that it once contained.

Really, you believe that or have you just chosen the wrong word?

11. Likes Toodles McGinty liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Yes, in the 1980's, the media was full of Global Freezing. If you try to find that fact on the internet now you won't be able to because any such reference has been deleted.
    That's because it wasn't the 1980's, it was at the end of the 1950's/early 1960's.......I remember reading about it at that time on the front page of the Daily Express - I'd suggest you look up their archives to confirm.

Back then, CO2 levels were much less, as there were far fewer cars on the road and mass jet travel hadn't taken off. There was no way of knowing that emissions would mushroom so much in the following 50 years. The predictions of a new ice age were purely based on the geological record of past ice ages, which were found to occur at 10,000 year intervals. And with the last ice age ending about 10,000 years ago, the timing was/is right for another one.

Imo, they were right in their conclusion and we should be on the way to a new ice age. However, there's so much CO2 in the air now, that global warming has won out, more than reversing the expected ice age.
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by duncet View Post
    On the subject of global warming it is easy to take the view that because a large number of reputable scientists support the fashionable vogue that humans can change the course that our climate is heading, that global warming is a cut and dried fact. Surely it is only right to consider the opinions of other reputable scientists who do not follow the prescribed mantra but put forward alternative explanations on the subject. Surely we should be entitled to an open debate in which all views are examined? Instead, only the one side of the debate is heard and that is pushed on us from every direction as "fact" that shouldn't be questioned.
    Don't forget that climate scientists were telling us, when I was 8 years old, that we were about to enter an ice age. It is all done on modelling, much of which is not based on pure fact.
    97% of scientists support the anthropogenic climate change theory. They agree, explicitly or implicitly, that global warming is happening and is human-caused. It is "extremely likely" that this warming arises from "human activities, especially emissions of greenhouse gases" in the atmosphere. Natural change alone would have had a slight cooling effect rather than a warming effect.

So yes, in the 1950s they were looking at a generally colder future.

And dissenting scientist's views have been considered, and proven erroneous. Scientists (the vast, vast majority of whom aren't paid by some shadowy government) have assessed millennia of data. Their conclusion is that after the industrial revolution atmospheric CO2 started rising, then since the 50's human activity is the dominant cause of greenhouse gasses. The consequences of which are blindingly apparent the world over, from ice sheets melting, oceans becoming acidic, rising seas to extreme weather.

They've had debates. They've listened to the 3%, a great many of whom are in the pay of fossil fuel corporations. The conclusions are the same. Similar to the Covid debates, scientists and the medical profession the world over are in agreement. But there's always some crank ready to lead low rent thugs into railing against facts.

14. Likes donkey22, The PNP liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Toodles McGinty View Post
    97% of scientists support the anthropogenic climate change theory. They agree, explicitly or implicitly, that global warming is happening and is human-caused. It is "extremely likely" that this warming arises from "human activities, especially emissions of greenhouse gases" in the atmosphere. Natural change alone would have had a slight cooling effect rather than a warming effect.

So yes, in the 1950s they were looking at a generally colder future.

And dissenting scientist's views have been considered, and proven erroneous. Scientists (the vast, vast majority of whom aren't paid by some shadowy government) have assessed millennia of data. Their conclusion is that after the industrial revolution atmospheric CO2 started rising, then since the 50's human activity is the dominant cause of greenhouse gasses. The consequences of which are blindingly apparent the world over, from ice sheets melting, oceans becoming acidic, rising seas to extreme weather.

They've had debates. They've listened to the 3%, a great many of whom are in the pay of fossil fuel corporations. The conclusions are the same. Similar to the Covid debates, scientists and the medical profession the world over are in agreement. But there's always some crank ready to lead low rent thugs into railing against facts.

The media with regard to Global Freeing may have begun in the 1960's but it was still being published in the 1980's. I think some people have got this Climate Change thing a bit twisted - correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't it in the 1950's/60's when most people had coal fires? When Steam engines were still being run? When the iron industry had coal burning furnaces? When power stations were all using fossil fuels? Etc., Was there not far more CO2 around then? So what is it to be - more CO2 leads to Global Freezing, or more CO2 leads to global warming?

An ice age in fifty years?? I don't think so! An Ice age doesn't just pop up now and then and disappear, it takes around a 100,000 years to form. Just as the hot summer we had with around 35/40 degrees heat, you will not see that again for around fifty years or so.

Unless you mix within the circles of scientific personnel - you are highly unlikely to know just what their real views are for these will never be allowed to be published. Yahoo and Facebook would remove any opposing views and ban the author from the sites.

16. Likes jamyramy liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    correct me if I am wrong
    We do, constantly, but for all the good it does we may as well bang our heads against a brick wall. Your nonsense is tiresome.

18. Likes Toodles McGinty liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    The media with regard to Global Freeing may have begun in the 1960's but it was still being published in the 1980's. I think some people have got this Climate Change thing a bit twisted - correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't it in the 1950's/60's when most people had coal fires? When Steam engines were still being run? When the iron industry had coal burning furnaces? When power stations were all using fossil fuels? Etc., Was there not far more CO2 around then? So what is it to be - more CO2 leads to Global Freezing, or more CO2 leads to global warming?

An ice age in fifty years?? I don't think so! An Ice age doesn't just pop up now and then and disappear, it takes around a 100,000 years to form. Just as the hot summer we had with around 35/40 degrees heat, you will not see that again for around fifty years or so.

Unless you mix within the circles of scientific personnel - you are highly unlikely to know just what their real views are for these will never be allowed to be published. Yahoo and Facebook would remove any opposing views and ban the author from the sites.
    But what's that got to do with Denzel?

Likes / Dislikes
    A) wasn't it in the 1950's/60's when most people had coal fires?

B) When Steam engines were still being run? When the iron industry had coal burning furnaces? When power stations were all using fossil fuels? Etc.,

C) Was there not far more CO2 around then? So what is it to be - more CO2 leads to Global Freezing, or more CO2 leads to global warming?
    A) People swapped their coal fires for gas fires, which emit CO2 just like a coal fire.
    Central heating (gas) began to make an appearance in the average property.

B) On the railways, steam engines were replaced by diesel engines, which also emit CO2.
    Steel furnaces used gas or electric (generated by fossil-fuelled power stations).

C) Records show there was well less CO2 in the atmosphere in the '50's/'60's than now.
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes
    We do, constantly, but for all the good it does we may as well bang our heads against a brick wall. Your nonsense is tiresome.

Ha!Ha! If that was true, then by the same standard y'all should be in straight jackets.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by The PNP View Post
    A) People swapped their coal fires for gas fires, which emit CO2 just like a coal fire.
    Central heating (gas) began to make an appearance in the average property.

B) On the railways, steam engines were replaced by diesel engines, which also emit CO2.
    Steel furnaces used gas or electric (generated by fossil-fuelled power stations).

C) Records show there was well less CO2 in the atmosphere in the '50's/'60's than now.

Ah! But local was referring to 'pollution' like as as in 'smog' pollution which we do not have now.

Likes / Dislikes
    Ah! But local was referring to 'pollution' like as as in 'smog' pollution which we do not have now.
    That post of mine was not in answer to 'local', but to yours (post #24) in which you claimed there was more CO2 around in the 1950's.
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK /
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in UK
Replacement Stove Glass in UK
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
UKUK News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)
UK MasksUK Face MasksUK KN95 MasksUK Disposable MasksUK Hand SanitiserUK Hand SanitizerUK PPEUK Bathroom SuppliesUK Cheap BathroomsUK Discount BathroomsUK Bathroom SalesUK Bathroom SuitesUK Bathroom TapsUK Basin TapsUK Bath TapsUK Kitchen TapsUK Free Standing Bath TapsUK Bath Mixer TapUK Bidet TapsUK Shower EnclosuresUK Bi Fold Shower DoorsUK Corner ShowersUK Pivot Shower DoorsUK Sliding Shower DoorsUK Shower Side PanelsUK Quadrant ShowersUK Shower TraysUK Wet-RoomsUK Bathroom ShowersUK Showers ValvesUK Showers RailsUK Showers HeadsUK Showers ArmsUK Showers HandsetsUK Showers JetsUK Showers ElbowsUK Toilet SeatsUK ToiletsUK BasinsUK Basin WastesUK Combined Toilet BasinUK Bathroom FurnitureUK BathsUK L Shaped BathUK P Shaped BathUK Bath ScreensUK SanitarywareUK Combined Toilet BasinUK StovesUK Wood StovesUK Home StovesUK Cooker StovesUK Enamel StovesUK Designer StovesUK Contemporary StovesUK Multi Fuel StovesUK Car ServicingUK MOTgUK TyresUK Car BatteryUK ExhaustUK Journalist JobsUK Reporter JobsUK Writing JobsUK Freelance WriterUK Self Employed JobsUK Franchise BusinessUK Franchise OpportunitiesUK Car InsuranceUK Cheap Car InsuranceUK Car Insurance BrokersUK Driving SchoolsUK Driving LessonsUK Driving TestUK Driving Theory TestUK Driving Instruction, 0000 UK Driving Instructor, 0000 UK VouchersUK DealsUK MatalanUK Railway SleepersUK Reclaimed SleepersUK New SleepersUK CoalUK House CoalUK Household CoalUK Smokeless CoalUK Smokeless FuelUK Coal BagsUK FirewoodUK Fire WoodUK Kiln Dried HardwoodUK Kiln Dried LogsUK Logs For SaleUK Log SuppliesUK LogsUK Firewood LogsUK Seasoned LogsUK Hardwood LogsUK Firewood SuppliersUK Firewood Log SuppliersUK Firewood Dumpy BagsUK Firewood CratesUK Cheap FirewoodUK Homefire LogsUK Cheap Firewood LogsUK Kindle ConesUK Pizza Oven LogsUK Heating OilUK Home Heating OilUK Red DieselUK White DieselUK KereseneUK Commercial FuelsUK Calor GasUK Propane GasUK Butane GasUK Heating GasUK Horse TrainingUK Horse TrainerUK Horse WhispererUK Equine WhispererUK Horse Whisperer Victoria SmithUK Rattan Garden FurnitureUK Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan SofaUK Rattan Dining SetUK Rattan DirectUK Cheap Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan Corner SofasUK Rattan Day BedsUK Rattan Sun LoungersUK Rattan Cube SetsUK Rattan Bistro SetsUK ChimeneasUK FirepitsUK Patio HeatersUK Hygiene VendingUK Washroom VendingUK Air FreshenersUK Air CareUK Aerosol SystemsUK Gel SystemsUK Water SavingUK Urinal Water SavingUK Eco CapsUK SensaflushUK Water ManagementUK Urinal DosingUK Urinal V ScreensUK Legionella Risk AssessmentUK Legionella Risk TestingUK Legionaires Risk AssessmentUK Legionella BacteriaUK Legionaires BacteriaUK Legionella ComplianceUK Legionella AdviceUK Legionella Landlords AdviceUK Legionella TestingUK Legionella CheckUK Legionella RegulationsUK Legionella Risk Assessment For LandlordsUK Legionella Water TestingUK Legionella QuoteUK Fire Stove GlassUK Heat Resistant GlassUK Fire GlassUK Stove GlassUK Fire Resistant GlassUK Replacement Stove GlassUK Glass For StovesUK Dust MatsUK Entrance MatsUK Reception MatsUK Anti Fatigue MatsUK Floor MatsUK Logo MatsUK Washroom ServicesUK Principal WashroomsUK Washrooms SuppliesUK Washrooms SolutionsUK Sanitary DisposalUK Sanitary BinsUK Sani BinsUK Lady BinsUK Feminine Hygiene UnitsUK Sanitary Waste DisposalUK Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Waste BinUK Sanitary Waste BinsUK Sanitary UnitsUK Feminine UnitsUK Hygiene ServicesUK Sanitary Bin SupplierUK Sanitary Bin RentalUK Sanitary Bin Rental ServicesUK Sanitary BinUK SanitarybinUK Feminine Hygiene BinsUK Female Santary BinUK Sani binUK Sani binsUK Sanibin RentalUK Sanitary BoxUK Sanitary BoxesUK Sanitary Bin QuoteUK Sanitary Bin PriceUK Sanitary Bin CostUK Sanitary Disposal QuoteUK Sanitary Disposal PriceUK Sanitary Disposal CostUK Free Duty of CareUK Tampon BinUK Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Tampon BinUK Sanitary Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Towel BinUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Feminine WasteUK Feminine Hygiene WasteUK Sanitary Waste RegulationsUK Sanitary Waste LawUK Sanitary Bins LawUK Sanitary Bins For Small BusinessUK Sanitary Bin Service CostUK Sanitary Bin Collection CostUK Disposal of Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Sanitary Towel DisposalUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK Biomass WasteUK Metal WasteUK Paper ShreddingUK Local ShreddingUK Secure ShreddingUK Confidential ShreddingUK Document DestructionUK Confidential WasteUK Confidential Waste ServiceUK Confidential Waste ServicesUK Confidential Waste ShreddingUK Confidential Waste DisposalUK Confidential Waste DestructionUK On Site ShreddingUK Off Site ShreddingUK One Off ShreddingUK Contract ShreddingUK GDPR ShreddingUK ShreddingUK Document ShreddingUK Shredding ServicesUK Mobile ShreddingUK Dental WasteUK Dental Waste DisposalUK Dental Waste LegislationUK Dental Waste ComplianceUK Accupuncture WasteUK Accupuncture Waste DisposalUK Accupuncture Waste CollectionUK Acupuncture WasteUK Acupuncture Waste DisposalUK Acupuncture Waste CollectionUK Tattoo WasteUK Tattoo Waste DisposalUK Sharps BinUK Sharps BinsUK Sharps CollectionUK Sharps DisposalUK Hazardous SharpsUK Non Hazardous SharpsUK Cytotoxic SharpsUK Cytostatic SharpsUK Ink BlockUK Wet_WasteUK Tattoo InkUK Drug DestructionUK Drug DisposalUK Drug DenaturingUK Unwanted DrugsUK Out Of Date DrugsUK Pest ControlUK Rodent ControlUK Bird ControlUK Bird ProofingUK Guano ControlUK Pest Call OutUK Pest PreventionUK Pest DeterrentUK Nursery WasteUK Nappy WasteUK Nappy BinUK Nappy BinsUK Nappy DisposalUK Nappy Wheelie BinUK Nursery Waste DisposalUK Nursery Waste CollectionUK Nappy Waste RegulationsUK Commercial Nappy WasteUK Nappy Disposal BinUK Nappy Waste CollectionUK Incontinence PadsUK Offensive WasteUK Human WasteUK Nursing Home WasteUK Care Home WasteUK Hazardous WasteUK Infectous WasteUK Pharmaceutical WasteUK Medicinal WasteUK Medicine WasteUK Infection ControlUK Hand SanitisersUK Clinical WasteUK Clinical Waste RemovalUK Clinical Waste CollectionUK Clinical Waste RegulationsUK Clinical Waste DisposalUK Clinical Waste ManagementUK Clinical Waste PolicyUK EA RegistrationSell my scrap van in UKWashroom Services in TarletonSanitary bins quoteGarden Services in SouthportGarden Services in OrmskirkGarden Services in FormybGarden Services in TarletonUK Path GravelUK Path GravelsUK GravelUK GravelsUK Garden Path GravelUK Decorative GravelsUK Cotswold GravelUK Bulk AggregatesUK Mass AggregatesUK Aggregates SuppliersUK Aggregate SuppliersUK Bulk Bags AggregatesUK Bulk BagsUK Mot Type 1UK Mot Type 2UK Top SoilUK Building SandUK Grit SandUK Fine SandUK Play SandUK Top Dressing SandUK Silica SandUK Mersey SandUK Kiln Dried SandUK Plastering SandUK Crusher RunUK DustUK BallestUK HardcoreUK GritUK Horticultural GritUK Alpine GritUK LimestoneUK GraniteUK Cotswold ChippingsUK Golden FlintUK MoonstoneUK Pea GravelUK Cheshire PinkUK Yorkshire CreamUK Derbyshire Peak StoneUK Green BallastUK Autumn GoldUK Pink GravelUK Blue SlateUK Plum SlateUK Grey SlateUK Welsh SlateUK Play BarkUK Chip BarkUK Christmas TreesUK Xmas TreesUK Artificial TreeUK Christmas Decorations