UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
FirstFirst ... LastLast
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by local View Post
    Steady Prof some of us can rout out droppings at 50 yards.

You haven't covered yourself in glory with your pollution theories.

I am not looking for glory - I just speak out while others remain silent. Scientifically I am not wrong and otherwise is as I see it personally.

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuartli View Post
    A member of my family has forgotten more than you know (and that's not much in your case) about the world of plastics so, if you don't mind, I'll ask a genuine expert if I have any such need.
    Steady Prof some of us can rout out droppings at 50 yards.

You haven't covered yourself in glory with your pollution theories.
    She's either going to phone her son, who is eminently qualified to speak on the subject. Or it's her son using her account. The use of the word 'bub' makes me think that it might be the latter.

4. Likes Stuartli liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by seivad View Post
    Canada has been using hydroelectric power since the late 1800s. Which is why we refer to electricity as 'hydro'. 60% of our electricity is generated from moving water. I believe that we're the 2nd highest hydropower generator in the world.

That makes sense. Canada has the second greatest land mass in the world and some of the world's fastest flowing rivers. Quebec has the cheapest electricity in Canada, I believe. But your gas has just increased somewhat, yes?

Likes / Dislikes
    She's either going to phone her son, who is eminently qualified to speak on the subject. Or it's her son using her account. The use of the word 'bub' makes me think that it might be the latter.

Just FYI - I do not have a son and I don't wear frocks. Best get in touch with Clouseau - see if he can help? Good luck with that!

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by said View Post
    Just FYI - I do not have a son and I don't wear frocks. Best get in touch with Clouseau - see if he can help? Good luck with that!
    Strange that, maybe if you and Desiree (Joni) hadn't used the same phone number several times when selling things on the forum, I might believe you. Second thoughts.... No I wouldn't.

And when the well known 'gentleman' of this parish, Marvin Arbiton, advertised something for sale on another site, she really shouldn't have said 'I'm Marvin' when the buyer came to her door and asked for 'him'.

There are so many other coincidences, as you well know. Your family has been trolling about on this forum for donkey's years. I outed the lot of you years ago, but another member found out who Desiree is way before I did, when Desiree and her son were mooching around other members trying to find out where she lived. You terrified her, despicable behaviour.

8. Likes Stuartli, silver fox, Toodles McGinty liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Strange that, maybe if you and Desiree (Joni) hadn't used the same phone number several times when selling things on the forum, I might believe you. Second thoughts.... No I wouldn't.

And when the well known 'gentleman' of this parish, Marvin Arbiton, advertised something for sale on another site, she really shouldn't have said 'I'm Marvin' when the buyer came to her door and asked for 'him'.

There are so many other coincidences, as you well know. Your family has been trolling about on this forum for donkey's years. I outed the lot of you years ago, but another member found out who Desiree is way before I did, when Desiree and her son were mooching around other members trying to find out where she lived. You terrified her, despicable behaviour.
    Do you really think I would be so transparent? If I was to sell anything for anyone - I would use someone I could trust. I have never shown myself for sure, and do you honestly think I would be so dim as to use my real name. That is the law in this country - I do have a right to privacy. (Computer Fraud and Abuse Act 1986)

I do not know a Desiree, if you have targeted her, then she has my every sympathy. Why would other members be trying to find out where this Desiree person lives? Do some of the members on here have a Sherlock Holmes syndrome?

My family are all far distant from the UK - so how you come to think they would be members on this site implies you have made a grave mistake.

I mind my own business - who or what other people are is none of my business, everyone to their own. I am only interested in people's views, I find many are very witty, and many are of personal experiences that are interesting, etc., but I have not heard of any of them trying to discover another's identity purely in an attempt to belittle them in public. That is very childish and more than despicable, don't you think?

Likes / Dislikes
    Do you really think I would be so transparent? If I was to sell anything for anyone - I would use someone I could trust. I have never shown myself for sure, and do you honestly think I would be so dim as to use my real name. That is the law in this country - I do have a right to privacy. (Computer Fraud and Abuse Act 1986)
    Yet again your inability to get things correct comes to the fore.

The Computer Fraud and Abuse Act 1986 is American and doesn't apply to the UK.

11. Likes Toodles McGinty liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Yet again your inability to get things correct comes to the fore.

The Computer Fraud and Abuse Act 1986 is American and doesn't apply to the UK.

Da!Da! It is now international law.

The following are international laws involving content filtering:
    •UK: Data Protection Act
    •EU: Safer Internet Action Plan
    •Many other countries have also enacted legislation

Human Rights Act 1998http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1998/42/contentsThe Human Rights Act puts the rights set out in the 1953 European Convention onHuman Rights into UK law. Article 8, relating to privacy, is of most relevance toinformation security – it provides a right to respect for an individual’s “private andfamily life, his home and his property.

Likes / Dislikes
    When you think how far back we used water for industrial power purposes in Britain, it's surprising how little part it plays today in electricity supplies (between two and five per cent depending on source of information).

I use to visit the Bonnington hydropower station powered by the River Clyde at New Lanark and marvelled at the forces generated assisted, of course, by the fact that Scotland is rarely short of a good rainstorm or two.

The station is situated at New Lanark Mill where David Dale built cotton mills in 1786 powered by the Clyde waterfalls and where he also provided excellent accommodation for his employees. Dale had a short business relationship with Richard Arkwright; the village site is well maintained and welcomes visitors.

Worth a read:

https://tinyurl.com/emujz5v2

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Lanark
    Totally off topic, but that second link took me back to happy memories as a kid. My great-aunt Peggy lived in New Lanark, and we'd go up in summer for a few weeks. We'd go for Lanimers, or during summer holidays.

She lived in one of the few buildings still occupied then. A tenement overlooking the river. Huge thick walls. IIRC the second from the right on the first photo. The rest were derelict. The third photo leads down to the Clyde. We used to get into trouble for exploring those empty houses.

Such a beautiful area. The weirs were deafening up close. Happy days.

Not been back for 40 years, but I'm so glad it's been restored and new life brought into the area.

Likes / Dislikes
    Da!Da! It is now international law.
    What I stated was correct.

You are now somewhat mischievously adding later, more appropriate acts to your original claim.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by said
    Of course you wouldn't use your real name on a forum, who amongst us does? But that's not the issue here, is it? You can sell goods or services under your Q name, or under your FB name Marvin Arbiton. But when you give a phone number, and it's the same number that was frequently used by another Q member, it's quite a coincidence. When Marvin gets a buyer and they are told to pick it up from the address belonging to the other Q member, it's a pretty fair bet that you and her are one and the same.

Your sentence 'If I was to sell anything for anyone - I would use someone I could trust' is confusing. What are you trying to say? Is this a fumbled attempt at claiming you were advertising everything for sale on behalf of someone else? That doesn't wash either.

I do not know a Desiree, if you have targeted her, then she has my every sympathy. Why would other members be trying to find out where this Desiree person lives? Do some of the members on here have a Sherlock Holmes syndrome?
    As you well know, Desiree, or Desiree111 as she was known on Q, is a screen name. I've always known her real name, due to one of the many email accounts she had being in her real name Her son also used his real name on one of his accounts.

Other members weren't trying to find out where Desiree lived. A Q member and Desiree had crossed swords a few times. Desiree and her son were trying to find out where this member lived. They messaged other Q members and FB friends to try and get this information. This got back to the member, and she was alarmed, particularly as she and her young daughter lived alone.

It didn't take her too long to find out who Desiree and her son were. I was unaware of this until one night she posted the whole story on the forum, along with Desiree and son's real name and address and all of the other personal information she had. I deleted the post the minute I saw it, and messaged her to advise the reason why. She apologised and told me the whole story from beginning to end, along with the details of how she'd found the personal information. She was terrified of what might have happened to her, but more scared for her daughter. I still have all of her PMs in my inbox. To say I was disgusted is an understatement.

You are the person who posted on Q as Desiree111. There's overwhelming evidence of this, way beyond the realms of coincidence. I CBA regurgitating it all again, here's a few snippets.

Your explanation on the forum of how you were able to trace your forbears further back than is usual, was that they were from the Isle of Man, and that you have a unique Manx name. So does Desiree. It is, or was in my day, a well known Southport family's name.

Your trips to Kingston, Ontario. Hardly an international tourist destination. Desiree's relative in Kingston, Ontario. A professor at Queens, originally hails from Southport and has the same unique Manx surname as Desiree.

The time you inadvertently posted the HTML clip of an image you posted on the forum, which gave the location of the image on the device you were using.

C:/Users/joan/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image003.png[/IMG]

Joan is Desiree's real first name.

The times you've mentioned your alma maters, academic qualifications hobbies while attending uni and the Cheshire connection, all a carbon copy of Joan's son's CV.

The numerous FOI requests made under your FB name Marvin Arbiton. You slipped up on one of them and signed it J. Arbiton
    My family are all far distant from the UK - so how you come to think they would be members on this site implies you have made a grave mistake.
    Well one of them is far distant from the UK!

I mind my own business - who or what other people are is none of my business, everyone to their own. I am only interested in people's views, I find many are very witty, and many are of personal experiences that are interesting, etc., but I have not heard of any of them trying to discover another's identity purely in an attempt to belittle them in public. That is very childish and more than despicable, don't you think?
    Your stories on Q are a fantasy from beginning to end. 99.9% of your facts are fiction. I'm sure that the majority of members will agree with me on that score.

You are a cruel, bigoted troll, just as you were in your prior incarnations. If a troll comes to my attention, I will call them out. If a prior troll appears under another name, I always make readers aware of it. If that person denies they were ever on Q before, then I will provide evidence. The one thing I don't do, is publish the real name of the troll or where they live. In your case the only information I've ever made public is the name Joan, which came from the HTML clip that you posted on the forum for everyone to see... and a lot of people noticed it. Your name and address was made public by Sheryl Flint when you went after her for rescuing a dog.

Likes / Dislikes
    DesJoaniSaid got owned.

Likes / Dislikes
    What I stated was correct.

You are now somewhat mischievously adding later, more appropriate acts to your original claim.

There's me thinking it would be article 8 ECHR.

Still it appears that freedom is getting a little dent above.

What with me and my secret coal collecting !!!!!

18. Likes Stuartli liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Another while-home-for-the-weekend post.

20. Likes Toodles McGinty liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Unfortunately, mother nature has not found a way of cleansing its air land or oceans.

Those seas full of plastic waste are building and if you ever have the misfortune to visit some of the smog-filled cities you would see for yourself.

It's not fear for me it's just the simple realisation that the world is getting ever increasingly dirty.

Global warming is I think a matter for significant debate as to the exact causes but I am utterly convinced we haven't improved it.

Whatever your beliefs why wouldn't you want even your immediate environment cleaner?
    You're so right, the world is dirty, and we should be doing something about it. But that has nothing to do with climate change. What I cannot understand is why so much plastic ends up in the sea? You can understand that some would find its way into the oceans but you would also imagine that the greatest majority would be incinerated or go to landfill.

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK /
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in UK
Replacement Stove Glass in UK
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
UKUK News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)
UK MasksUK Face MasksUK KN95 MasksUK Disposable MasksUK Hand SanitiserUK Hand SanitizerUK PPEUK Bathroom SuppliesUK Cheap BathroomsUK Discount BathroomsUK Bathroom SalesUK Bathroom SuitesUK Bathroom TapsUK Basin TapsUK Bath TapsUK Kitchen TapsUK Free Standing Bath TapsUK Bath Mixer TapUK Bidet TapsUK Shower EnclosuresUK Bi Fold Shower DoorsUK Corner ShowersUK Pivot Shower DoorsUK Sliding Shower DoorsUK Shower Side PanelsUK Quadrant ShowersUK Shower TraysUK Wet-RoomsUK Bathroom ShowersUK Showers ValvesUK Showers RailsUK Showers HeadsUK Showers ArmsUK Showers HandsetsUK Showers JetsUK Showers ElbowsUK Toilet SeatsUK ToiletsUK BasinsUK Basin WastesUK Combined Toilet BasinUK Bathroom FurnitureUK BathsUK L Shaped BathUK P Shaped BathUK Bath ScreensUK SanitarywareUK Combined Toilet BasinUK StovesUK Wood StovesUK Home StovesUK Cooker StovesUK Enamel StovesUK Designer StovesUK Contemporary StovesUK Multi Fuel StovesUK Car ServicingUK MOTgUK TyresUK Car BatteryUK ExhaustUK Journalist JobsUK Reporter JobsUK Writing JobsUK Freelance WriterUK Self Employed JobsUK Franchise BusinessUK Franchise OpportunitiesUK Car InsuranceUK Cheap Car InsuranceUK Car Insurance BrokersUK Driving SchoolsUK Driving LessonsUK Driving TestUK Driving Theory TestUK Driving Instruction, 0000 UK Driving Instructor, 0000 UK VouchersUK DealsUK MatalanUK Railway SleepersUK Reclaimed SleepersUK New SleepersUK CoalUK House CoalUK Household CoalUK Smokeless CoalUK Smokeless FuelUK Coal BagsUK FirewoodUK Fire WoodUK Kiln Dried HardwoodUK Kiln Dried LogsUK Logs For SaleUK Log SuppliesUK LogsUK Firewood LogsUK Seasoned LogsUK Hardwood LogsUK Firewood SuppliersUK Firewood Log SuppliersUK Firewood Dumpy BagsUK Firewood CratesUK Cheap FirewoodUK Homefire LogsUK Cheap Firewood LogsUK Kindle ConesUK Pizza Oven LogsUK Heating OilUK Home Heating OilUK Red DieselUK White DieselUK KereseneUK Commercial FuelsUK Calor GasUK Propane GasUK Butane GasUK Heating GasUK Horse TrainingUK Horse TrainerUK Horse WhispererUK Equine WhispererUK Horse Whisperer Victoria SmithUK Rattan Garden FurnitureUK Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan SofaUK Rattan Dining SetUK Rattan DirectUK Cheap Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan Corner SofasUK Rattan Day BedsUK Rattan Sun LoungersUK Rattan Cube SetsUK Rattan Bistro SetsUK ChimeneasUK FirepitsUK Patio HeatersUK Hygiene VendingUK Washroom VendingUK Air FreshenersUK Air CareUK Aerosol SystemsUK Gel SystemsUK Water SavingUK Urinal Water SavingUK Eco CapsUK SensaflushUK Water ManagementUK Urinal DosingUK Urinal V ScreensUK Legionella Risk AssessmentUK Legionella Risk TestingUK Legionaires Risk AssessmentUK Legionella BacteriaUK Legionaires BacteriaUK Legionella ComplianceUK Legionella AdviceUK Legionella Landlords AdviceUK Legionella TestingUK Legionella CheckUK Legionella RegulationsUK Legionella Risk Assessment For LandlordsUK Legionella Water TestingUK Legionella QuoteUK Fire Stove GlassUK Heat Resistant GlassUK Fire GlassUK Stove GlassUK Fire Resistant GlassUK Replacement Stove GlassUK Glass For StovesUK Dust MatsUK Entrance MatsUK Reception MatsUK Anti Fatigue MatsUK Floor MatsUK Logo MatsUK London Washroom ServicesUK London Sanitary BinsUK London Shredding ServicesUK London Trade Waste DisposalUK London Legionella TestingUK London Clinical WasteUK Washroom ServicesUK Principal WashroomsUK Washrooms SuppliesUK Washrooms SolutionsUK Sanitary DisposalUK Sanitary BinsUK Sani BinsUK Lady BinsUK Feminine Hygiene UnitsUK Sanitary Waste DisposalUK Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Waste BinUK Sanitary Waste BinsUK Sanitary UnitsUK Feminine UnitsUK Hygiene ServicesUK Sanitary Bin SupplierUK Sanitary Bin RentalUK Sanitary Bin Rental ServicesUK Sanitary BinUK SanitarybinUK Feminine Hygiene BinsUK Female Santary BinUK Sani binUK Sani binsUK Sanibin RentalUK Sanitary BoxUK Sanitary BoxesUK Sanitary Bin QuoteUK Sanitary Bin PriceUK Sanitary Bin CostUK Sanitary Disposal QuoteUK Sanitary Disposal PriceUK Sanitary Disposal CostUK Free Duty of CareUK Tampon BinUK Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Tampon BinUK Sanitary Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Towel BinUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Feminine WasteUK Feminine Hygiene WasteUK Sanitary Waste RegulationsUK Sanitary Waste LawUK Sanitary Bins LawUK Sanitary Bins For Small BusinessUK Sanitary Bin Service CostUK Sanitary Bin Collection CostUK Disposal of Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Sanitary Towel DisposalUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK Biomass WasteUK Metal WasteUK Paper ShreddingUK Local ShreddingUK Secure ShreddingUK Confidential ShreddingUK Document DestructionUK Confidential WasteUK Confidential Waste ServiceUK Confidential Waste ServicesUK Confidential Waste ShreddingUK Confidential Waste DisposalUK Confidential Waste DestructionUK On Site ShreddingUK Off Site ShreddingUK One Off ShreddingUK Contract ShreddingUK GDPR ShreddingUK ShreddingUK Document ShreddingUK Shredding ServicesUK Mobile ShreddingUK Dental WasteUK Dental Waste DisposalUK Dental Waste LegislationUK Dental Waste ComplianceUK Accupuncture WasteUK Accupuncture Waste DisposalUK Accupuncture Waste CollectionAccupuncture Waste in UKAccupuncture Waste Disposal in UKAccupuncture Waste Collection in UKUK Acupuncture WasteUK Acupuncture Waste DisposalUK Acupuncture Waste CollectionUK Acupuncture Waste ServiceUK Acupuncture Clinical WasteUK Acupuncture SharpsUK Acupuncture NeedlesUK Beauty Salon Clincical WasteUK Beauty Salon MicrobladingUK Beauty Salon NeedlesUK Beauty Salon SharpsUK Tattoo WasteUK Tattoo Waste DisposalTattoo Waste in UKTattoo Waste Disposal in UKTattoo Waste Collection in UKTattoo Waste Compliance in UKTattoo Waste Services in UKTattoo Clinical Waste in UKTattoo Sharps in UKTattoo Needles in UKUK Sharps BinUK Sharps BinsUK Sharps CollectionUK Sharps DisposalUK Hazardous SharpsUK Non Hazardous SharpsUK Cytotoxic SharpsUK Cytostatic SharpsUK Ink BlockUK Wet_WasteUK Tattoo InkUK Drug DestructionUK Drug DisposalUK Drug DenaturingUK Unwanted DrugsUK Out Of Date DrugsUK Pest ControlUK Rodent ControlUK Bird ControlUK Bird ProofingUK Guano ControlUK Pest Call OutUK Pest PreventionUK Pest DeterrentUK Nursery WasteUK Nappy WasteUK Nappy BinUK Nappy BinsUK Nappy DisposalUK Nappy Wheelie BinUK Nursery Waste DisposalUK Nursery Waste CollectionUK Nappy Waste RegulationsUK Commercial Nappy WasteUK Nappy Disposal BinUK Nappy Waste CollectionUK Incontinence PadsUK Offensive WasteUK Human WasteUK Nursing Home WasteUK Care Home WasteUK Hazardous WasteUK Infectous WasteUK Pharmaceutical WasteUK Medicinal WasteUK Medicine WasteUK Infection ControlUK Hand SanitisersUK Clinical WasteUK Clinical Waste RemovalUK Clinical Waste CollectionUK Clinical Waste RegulationsUK Clinical Waste DisposalUK Clinical Waste ManagementUK Clinical Waste PolicyUK EA RegistrationSell my scrap van in UKWashroom Services in TarletonSanitary bins quoteGarden Services in SouthportGarden Services in OrmskirkGarden Services in FormybGarden Services in TarletonUK Path GravelUK Path GravelsUK GravelUK GravelsUK Garden Path GravelUK Decorative GravelsUK Cotswold GravelUK Bulk AggregatesUK Mass AggregatesUK Aggregates SuppliersUK Aggregate SuppliersUK Bulk Bags AggregatesUK Bulk BagsUK Mot Type 1UK Mot Type 2UK Top SoilUK Building SandUK Grit SandUK Fine SandUK Play SandUK Top Dressing SandUK Silica SandUK Mersey SandUK Kiln Dried SandUK Plastering SandUK Crusher RunUK DustUK BallestUK HardcoreUK GritUK Horticultural GritUK Alpine GritUK LimestoneUK GraniteUK Cotswold ChippingsUK Golden FlintUK MoonstoneUK Pea GravelUK Cheshire PinkUK Yorkshire CreamUK Derbyshire Peak StoneUK Green BallastUK Autumn GoldUK Pink GravelUK Blue SlateUK Plum SlateUK Grey SlateUK Welsh SlateUK Play BarkUK Chip BarkUK Christmas TreesUK Xmas TreesUK Artificial TreeUK Christmas Decorations