UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
1 LastLast
    Likes / Dislikes

Social care bill

So
    You reach a point where it is impossible to be even more disgusted with this government of cheats, thieves and incompetents.
    This legislation is a clear betrayal of what was promised, and yet another kick in the n**s for the poor, many of whom we conned into putting them in place.
    Indeed we still , after all this time. have not seen a social care plan, just
    the bill for it.
    One thing though...I have not time for Damien Moore, but he did at least vote against it.
    Although I suspect on these occasions when the whips know they will win anyway, some MPs are permitted to vote against if it is considered there would otherwise be trouble in their constituency. So it is hard to know if this was a sincere repudiation of the legislation, or a tactical move.

2. Likes Toodles McGinty liked this post

3. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Name:  Social Care.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  117.5 KB

Likes / Dislikes
    I love how this utterly disgusting bill passed but everyones taking about bloody peppa pig. Truly depressing.

Likes / Dislikes
    Well I for one don't expect anything different from these twisted scum bags. They do not care one jot for anyone who's work involves getting their hands dirty.
    The most vile part was their mouthpiece saying it was a good deal for everyone, by everyone I suppose he means the home Counties and the lottery win house prices.
    I honestly cannot fathom the mind set of people who vote for this horrible set of individuals, pity is there should be an opposition hounding them out but alas it will be same old same old.

7. Likes Toodles McGinty, Alikado liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by donkey22 View Post
    I love how this utterly disgusting bill passed but everyones taking about bloody peppa pig. Truly depressing.
    The way he's behaving he is imminent danger of needing residential care but it won't make a lot of difference to him, he's near bankrupt and can hardly afford to redecorate his tied cottage.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Alikado View Post
    The way he's behaving he is imminent danger of needing residential care but it won't make a lot of difference to him, he's near bankrupt and can hardly afford to redecorate his tied cottage.
    I'll say it again, I still think he's only there to get Brexit through. He's got to screw up the Good Friday Agreement via Article 16 yet, to achieve the desired 'no deal' exit, free from any European courts, but he's close.

Delayed because of Covid, but he was never meant to be there long term.

They're giving him free reign right now. So any of the Britannia Unchained bunch will look like an actual politician after Johnson. He's a campaigner, not a politician. He wants to be on TV, wants an adoring audience. But without any discernible talent, I guess politics was the way to go.

Won't miss him, I don't think history will be very kind to Alex de Piffle. But I think as far as the poor of this country is concerned, there's far worse to come.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by bensherman View Post
    So
    You reach a point where it is impossible to be even more disgusted with this government of cheats, thieves and incompetents.
    This legislation is a clear betrayal of what was promised, and yet another kick in the n**s for the poor, many of whom we conned into putting them in place.
    Indeed we still , after all this time. have not seen a social care plan, just
    the bill for it.
    One thing though...I have not time for Damien Moore, but he did at least vote against it.
    Although I suspect on these occasions when the whips know they will win anyway, some MPs are permitted to vote against if it is considered there would otherwise be trouble in their constituency. So it is hard to know if this was a sincere repudiation of the legislation, or a tactical move.

It is an ill thought out plan and one that has led to many pensioners dying prematurely. Remember the Care Home Scandal in the 80's? Imagine this scenario - an elderly healthy widow has a nasty fall or is attacked by a mugger. She is taken to hospital where her wounds are dressed and then she is sent to a care home to recuperate. At the care home, the elderly lady is assessed - not for her health - but to discover if she is a home owner and if she has no, or very distant relatives. The old lady is placed on heavy sedatives. (The reason why many care workers walked out of their employment in the eighties) She is kept on sedatives and the Care Home manager applies for power of attorney. The old lady becomes weaker and dies within a few months of being in the care home. Adverts are placed in the media asking for any relatives to come forward - but not a great effort is placed in doing this. The care home manager goes to check on the old lady's property, empties it out and arranges with the aid of a solicitor for her house to be sold to a contractor . The contractor does some maintenance on the house and then sells the property on. Usually all within a few months of the elderly person dying. The fees for the care home costs for just a few months, are minimal to the sum raised on the property. This was the scandal in the eighties. Was it factual? Well, I knew five elderly widows in our neighbourhood - and within a very short space of time, each was sent to a care home. In months, not years - they died after being heavily sedated, and their houses were sold either to contractors or to property managers - what happened to the rest of the money? It would have been impossible to prove anything.

It should not be necessary for elderly people to sell their homes for their care costs. Many people who could not be bothered to work hard and to save to buy a house - they get their care free. Those who did work hard all their lives and put their hard earned money into buying a house, going without all the good times and holidays that their less responsible counterparts had, are penalised by having to also pay for their care.

Likes / Dislikes
    For fans of 'The Room Next Door':

If you've ever seen them, the rest are here.

The Donald Trump series really made me crease.

12. Likes donkey22 liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Toodles McGinty View Post
    I'll say it again, I still think he's only there to get Brexit through. He's got to screw up the Good Friday Agreement via Article 16 yet, to achieve the desired 'no deal' exit, free from any European courts, but he's close.

Delayed because of Covid, but he was never meant to be there long term.

They're giving him free reign right now. So any of the Britannia Unchained bunch will look like an actual politician after Johnson. He's a campaigner, not a politician. He wants to be on TV, wants an adoring audience. But without any discernible talent, I guess politics was the way to go.

Won't miss him, I don't think history will be very kind to Alex de Piffle. But I think as far as the poor of this country is concerned, there's far worse to come.

Boris Johnson has become bored with being a Prime Minister - he does not want to carry on but is under an obligation to do so - check out his past employment history and watch his body language.

He knew the Covid thing was rubbish - watch his first speech!

None of the Parliamentary public faces wanted to follow the Covid practice that is why many breached the protocols. Watch the Parliamentary sittings during Covid.

One man on his own does not run the country. He has neither the experience nor knowledge of every field applicable to the smooth running of a country. There are many agencies who do the footwork and research, who then put forward their findings to a certain panel of business people, who decide what needs to be done or said, with respect to the large number of investors and stockholders who need to be kept satisfied and happy. All rules and regulations are to that end be it Conservative, Labour or Liberals.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by said View Post
    Boris Johnson has become bored with being a Prime Minister - he does not want to carry on but is under an obligation to do so - check out his past employment history and watch his body language.

He knew the Covid thing was rubbish - watch his first speech!

None of the Parliamentary public faces wanted to follow the Covid practice that is why many breached the protocols. Watch the Parliamentary sittings during Covid.

One man on his own does not run the country. He has neither the experience nor knowledge of every field applicable to the smooth running of a country. There are many agencies who do the footwork and research, who then put forward their findings to a certain panel of business people, who decide what needs to be done or said, with respect to the large number of investors and stockholders who need to be kept satisfied and happy. All rules and regulations are to that end be it Conservative, Labour or Liberals.

Come on Prof if your going to spin a good Covid yarn at least pick someone who didn't get very ill with it.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Londoner View Post
    Well I for one don't expect anything different from these twisted scum bags. They do not care one jot for anyone who's work involves getting their hands dirty.
    The most vile part was their mouthpiece saying it was a good deal for everyone, by everyone I suppose he means the home Counties and the lottery win house prices.
    I honestly cannot fathom the mind set of people who vote for this horrible set of individuals, pity is there should be an opposition hounding them out but alas it will be same old same old.

As for opposition - Labour are not offering anything. Better to have something than nothing. All you labourites on this site have nothing to crow about - your party has abandoned all the average 'working class' for the public workers, leaving the rest of you to swim or drown by your own volition. You all suffer from the Stockholm Syndrome - 'we all love Labour' while you bury your heads in the sand.

No I am not a conservative, but then again I am not for any of the parties in particular, but given the present problems of this country - the Conservatives are better equipped to deal with them.

Likes / Dislikes
    As for opposition - Labour are not offering anything. Better to have something than nothing. All you labourites on this site have nothing to crow about - your party has abandoned all the average 'working class' for the public workers, leaving the rest of you to swim or drown by your own volition. You all suffer from the Stockholm Syndrome - 'we all love Labour' while you bury your heads in the sand.
    I don't think any 'labourites' on here have crowed about anything.

I've certainly never read anyone saying 'we all love Labour'.

Nor have the party abandoned anything for 'public workers' (another of your bêtes noires). I've not seen any particular Labour support for 'public workers', though I'd like to read about it if you have any links.

Labour have an entire Premier League's worth of open goals to shoot at, courtesy of the current government. As far as I can see, they aren't even shooting, never mind missing.

A good deal of that is lack of coverage by the mainly right wing media. Though I must admit the most surprising of sources, the Daily Mail, was starting to hold the government to account recently. Until the darling of the Tories, Paul Dacre went scuttling back after failing to be installed as the chair of Ofcom.

The mindless tribal devotion, on here anyway, is very much the domain of the blue team.

17. Likes donkey22 liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Many people who could not be bothered to work hard and to save to buy a house - they get their care free. Those who did work hard all their lives and put their hard earned money into buying a house, going without all the good times and holidays that their less responsible counterparts had, are penalised by having to also pay for their care.
    Sweeping generalisations there.
    Not eveyone who rents does so because they can't be bothered to buy. Many can't afford to or can't get a mortgage.
    Not everyone who owns a house foregoes good times and holidays and not all those who rent can afford those either.

But it is clearly an unfair system. Care should be paid by taxation, if that means tax increases so be it.

19. Likes Toodles McGinty liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Its far far better than the one I experienced with relatives but I'm still confused as to why people expect to inherit their parents property at the expense of others.

No such thing as free.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by local View Post
    Its far far better than the one I experienced with relatives but I'm still confused as to why people expect to inherit their parents property at the expense of others.

No such thing as free.
    I agree that. I think that a fairer system would be to fund social care properly, but out of inheritance tax. Make IHT like income tax, say 20% above 10k, 40% above £50k and with tax relatiing to shares of main residence deferred until the property is sold.

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK /
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in UK
Replacement Stove Glass in UK
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
UKUK News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)
UK MasksUK Face MasksUK KN95 MasksUK Disposable MasksUK Hand SanitiserUK Hand SanitizerUK PPEUK Bathroom SuppliesUK Cheap BathroomsUK Discount BathroomsUK Bathroom SalesUK Bathroom SuitesUK Bathroom TapsUK Basin TapsUK Bath TapsUK Kitchen TapsUK Free Standing Bath TapsUK Bath Mixer TapUK Bidet TapsUK Shower EnclosuresUK Bi Fold Shower DoorsUK Corner ShowersUK Pivot Shower DoorsUK Sliding Shower DoorsUK Shower Side PanelsUK Quadrant ShowersUK Shower TraysUK Wet-RoomsUK Bathroom ShowersUK Showers ValvesUK Showers RailsUK Showers HeadsUK Showers ArmsUK Showers HandsetsUK Showers JetsUK Showers ElbowsUK Toilet SeatsUK ToiletsUK BasinsUK Basin WastesUK Combined Toilet BasinUK Bathroom FurnitureUK BathsUK L Shaped BathUK P Shaped BathUK Bath ScreensUK SanitarywareUK Combined Toilet BasinUK StovesUK Wood StovesUK Home StovesUK Cooker StovesUK Enamel StovesUK Designer StovesUK Contemporary StovesUK Multi Fuel StovesUK Car ServicingUK MOTgUK TyresUK Car BatteryUK ExhaustUK Journalist JobsUK Reporter JobsUK Writing JobsUK Freelance WriterUK Self Employed JobsUK Franchise BusinessUK Franchise OpportunitiesUK Car InsuranceUK Cheap Car InsuranceUK Car Insurance BrokersUK Driving SchoolsUK Driving LessonsUK Driving TestUK Driving Theory TestUK Driving Instruction, 0000 UK Driving Instructor, 0000 UK VouchersUK DealsUK MatalanUK Railway SleepersUK Reclaimed SleepersUK New SleepersUK CoalUK House CoalUK Household CoalUK Smokeless CoalUK Smokeless FuelUK Coal BagsUK FirewoodUK Fire WoodUK Kiln Dried HardwoodUK Kiln Dried LogsUK Logs For SaleUK Log SuppliesUK LogsUK Firewood LogsUK Seasoned LogsUK Hardwood LogsUK Firewood SuppliersUK Firewood Log SuppliersUK Firewood Dumpy BagsUK Firewood CratesUK Cheap FirewoodUK Homefire LogsUK Cheap Firewood LogsUK Kindle ConesUK Pizza Oven LogsUK Heating OilUK Home Heating OilUK Red DieselUK White DieselUK KereseneUK Commercial FuelsUK Calor GasUK Propane GasUK Butane GasUK Heating GasUK Horse TrainingUK Horse TrainerUK Horse WhispererUK Equine WhispererUK Horse Whisperer Victoria SmithUK Rattan Garden FurnitureUK Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan SofaUK Rattan Dining SetUK Rattan DirectUK Cheap Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan Corner SofasUK Rattan Day BedsUK Rattan Sun LoungersUK Rattan Cube SetsUK Rattan Bistro SetsUK ChimeneasUK FirepitsUK Patio HeatersUK Hygiene VendingUK Washroom VendingUK Air FreshenersUK Air CareUK Aerosol SystemsUK Gel SystemsUK Water SavingUK Urinal Water SavingUK Eco CapsUK SensaflushUK Water ManagementUK Urinal DosingUK Urinal V ScreensUK Legionella Risk AssessmentUK Legionella Risk TestingUK Legionaires Risk AssessmentUK Legionella BacteriaUK Legionaires BacteriaUK Legionella ComplianceUK Legionella AdviceUK Legionella Landlords AdviceUK Legionella TestingUK Legionella CheckUK Legionella RegulationsUK Legionella Risk Assessment For LandlordsUK Legionella Water TestingUK Legionella QuoteUK Fire Stove GlassUK Heat Resistant GlassUK Fire GlassUK Stove GlassUK Fire Resistant GlassUK Replacement Stove GlassUK Glass For StovesUK Dust MatsUK Entrance MatsUK Reception MatsUK Anti Fatigue MatsUK Floor MatsUK Logo MatsUK London Washroom ServicesUK London Sanitary BinsUK London Shredding ServicesUK London Trade Waste DisposalUK London Legionella TestingUK London Clinical WasteUK Washroom ServicesUK Principal WashroomsUK Washrooms SuppliesUK Washrooms SolutionsUK Sanitary DisposalUK Sanitary BinsUK Sani BinsUK Lady BinsUK Feminine Hygiene UnitsUK Sanitary Waste DisposalUK Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Waste BinUK Sanitary Waste BinsUK Sanitary UnitsUK Feminine UnitsUK Hygiene ServicesUK Sanitary Bin SupplierUK Sanitary Bin RentalUK Sanitary Bin Rental ServicesUK Sanitary BinUK SanitarybinUK Feminine Hygiene BinsUK Female Santary BinUK Sani binUK Sani binsUK Sanibin RentalUK Sanitary BoxUK Sanitary BoxesUK Sanitary Bin QuoteUK Sanitary Bin PriceUK Sanitary Bin CostUK Sanitary Disposal QuoteUK Sanitary Disposal PriceUK Sanitary Disposal CostUK Free Duty of CareUK Tampon BinUK Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Tampon BinUK Sanitary Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Towel BinUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Feminine WasteUK Feminine Hygiene WasteUK Sanitary Waste RegulationsUK Sanitary Waste LawUK Sanitary Bins LawUK Sanitary Bins For Small BusinessUK Sanitary Bin Service CostUK Sanitary Bin Collection CostUK Disposal of Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Sanitary Towel DisposalUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK Biomass WasteUK Metal WasteUK Paper ShreddingUK Local ShreddingUK Secure ShreddingUK Confidential ShreddingUK Document DestructionUK Confidential WasteUK Confidential Waste ServiceUK Confidential Waste ServicesUK Confidential Waste ShreddingUK Confidential Waste DisposalUK Confidential Waste DestructionUK On Site ShreddingUK Off Site ShreddingUK One Off ShreddingUK Contract ShreddingUK GDPR ShreddingUK ShreddingUK Document ShreddingUK Shredding ServicesUK Mobile ShreddingUK Dental WasteUK Dental Waste DisposalUK Dental Waste LegislationUK Dental Waste ComplianceUK Accupuncture WasteUK Accupuncture Waste DisposalUK Accupuncture Waste CollectionAccupuncture Waste in UKAccupuncture Waste Disposal in UKAccupuncture Waste Collection in UKUK Acupuncture WasteUK Acupuncture Waste DisposalUK Acupuncture Waste CollectionUK Acupuncture Waste ServiceUK Acupuncture Clinical WasteUK Acupuncture SharpsUK Acupuncture NeedlesUK Beauty Salon Clincical WasteUK Beauty Salon MicrobladingUK Beauty Salon NeedlesUK Beauty Salon SharpsUK Tattoo WasteUK Tattoo Waste DisposalTattoo Waste in UKTattoo Waste Disposal in UKTattoo Waste Collection in UKTattoo Waste Compliance in UKTattoo Waste Services in UKTattoo Clinical Waste in UKTattoo Sharps in UKTattoo Needles in UKUK Sharps BinUK Sharps BinsUK Sharps CollectionUK Sharps DisposalUK Hazardous SharpsUK Non Hazardous SharpsUK Cytotoxic SharpsUK Cytostatic SharpsUK Ink BlockUK Wet_WasteUK Tattoo InkUK Drug DestructionUK Drug DisposalUK Drug DenaturingUK Unwanted DrugsUK Out Of Date DrugsUK Pest ControlUK Rodent ControlUK Bird ControlUK Bird ProofingUK Guano ControlUK Pest Call OutUK Pest PreventionUK Pest DeterrentUK Nursery WasteUK Nappy WasteUK Nappy BinUK Nappy BinsUK Nappy DisposalUK Nappy Wheelie BinUK Nursery Waste DisposalUK Nursery Waste CollectionUK Nappy Waste RegulationsUK Commercial Nappy WasteUK Nappy Disposal BinUK Nappy Waste CollectionUK Incontinence PadsUK Offensive WasteUK Human WasteUK Nursing Home WasteUK Care Home WasteUK Hazardous WasteUK Infectous WasteUK Pharmaceutical WasteUK Medicinal WasteUK Medicine WasteUK Infection ControlUK Hand SanitisersUK Clinical WasteUK Clinical Waste RemovalUK Clinical Waste CollectionUK Clinical Waste RegulationsUK Clinical Waste DisposalUK Clinical Waste ManagementUK Clinical Waste PolicyUK EA RegistrationSell my scrap van in UKWashroom Services in TarletonSanitary bins quoteGarden Services in SouthportGarden Services in OrmskirkGarden Services in FormybGarden Services in TarletonUK Path GravelUK Path GravelsUK GravelUK GravelsUK Garden Path GravelUK Decorative GravelsUK Cotswold GravelUK Bulk AggregatesUK Mass AggregatesUK Aggregates SuppliersUK Aggregate SuppliersUK Bulk Bags AggregatesUK Bulk BagsUK Mot Type 1UK Mot Type 2UK Top SoilUK Building SandUK Grit SandUK Fine SandUK Play SandUK Top Dressing SandUK Silica SandUK Mersey SandUK Kiln Dried SandUK Plastering SandUK Crusher RunUK DustUK BallestUK HardcoreUK GritUK Horticultural GritUK Alpine GritUK LimestoneUK GraniteUK Cotswold ChippingsUK Golden FlintUK MoonstoneUK Pea GravelUK Cheshire PinkUK Yorkshire CreamUK Derbyshire Peak StoneUK Green BallastUK Autumn GoldUK Pink GravelUK Blue SlateUK Plum SlateUK Grey SlateUK Welsh SlateUK Play BarkUK Chip BarkUK Christmas TreesUK Xmas TreesUK Artificial TreeUK Christmas Decorations