UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
FirstFirst ... LastLast
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Toodles McGinty View Post
    You're quoting a paper from 2008.

I'll try again:

In 2010, the General Medical Counsel declared that the paper was not only based on bad science, but was deliberate fraud and falsifications by the head researchers, Dr. Andrew Wakefield and revoked his medical license. Investigators learned that a lawyer looking for a link between the vaccine and autism had paid Wakefield more than £435,000 (equal to more than a half-million dollars).

As for your absurd claim that 'among those children who have never been vaccinated there is not one case of autism' again this has been thoroughly debunked.

Numerous studies have been done comparing autism rates between vaccinated and unvaccinated children. No difference has been found.

One study from Japan looked at the MMR vaccine, which was withdrawn from the country due to concerns about aseptic meningitis. In that study, a statistically significant number of children were found to have developed autism even though they had not received the MMR vaccine

There is increasing evidence that autism is genetic:

A new study looking at autism in 5 countries found that 80 percent of autism risk can be traced to inherited genes rather than environmental factors and random mutations.

There was a documentary on TV this week with Paddy and Christine McGuinness. They have autistic children. It seems that Christine is autistic, but it went undiagnosed until she was 33. Genetic link again.

Autism has even been detected before a child is born.

There. Is. No. Link. Between. Vaccines. And. Autism.

Gerty Gullible. Believing any old shite that conspiracy theorists spew out. Then thinking, erroneously, you've 'inside information'. That you know more than the rest of the world, those poor uninformed schmucks. Just like the anti-vaxxers, soaking up the bull that they are 'PureBloods'. When to reach adulthood alive, they've probably had 10-20 vaccines already.

Psst, by the way, a subreddit has it on very good information that they are holding kids in the cellar under McDonalds in Kew, with the sole intention of vaccinating them with lizard blood for eventual world domination of the hybrid master race. I'd have thought with your special interests, you might want to pop down there.
    I was working in the GMC Fitness to Practice division while Wakefield's case was being prepared and the tribunal held.
    Most of the staff there I knew were pretty calm even though they had to investigate some awful misconduct cases.
    But Wakefield provoked real anger.
    He did a wholly inadequate sample, failed to follow even the most basic scientific process to establish cause and effect, and had no peer review.
    To cap it all they discovered he was on a retainer from a firm of class action solicitors, who were hoping to recruit the unfortunate parents of these children.
    He pretty much broke every rule of scientific investigation and code of practice for doctors.
    Of course he was deregistered.
    But then this evil man decided to exploit the verdict along the lines of how he had been closed down by "the establishment" which has subsequently fuelled his career in the US as an exploiter of rich but vulnerable people.
    Of course the class action solicitors could have still taken their case to court and tried to hit a bonanza payout. But curiously they didn't.
    BTW the mercury stuff is a nonsense.

2. Likes Toodles McGinty liked this post

3. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by said
    admit that my links may be lazily obtained - but there is no denying my knowledge of which you have no information about. If you look at the chart given you will see that the numbers of cases of autism dropped considerably after Thiomersal/Thimerosal was removed from the vaccines.
    There are lots of reasons to doubt the existence of 'your knowledge of which I have no information about' Great English, BTW.

I can read the chart. You found it on the BMJ, so I assume that you can supply a link to it. I want to see when the study was performed, and other pertinent details. Originally you said when the vaccine, singular, was dropped. Now you're saying vaccineS, plural. I want to see which vaccine or vaccine(s) were included in the study. You do know that when you are claiming something is true, the burden of proof rests on your shoulders.

Aluminium is used in other vaccines. Any heavy metals, that you claim to know about, are dangerous in even minute proportions. The reason why lead was banned in paint. They are toxic and an pass into the blood stream via the skin.
    Stick with the relevant heavy metal. Attempts to deflect the topic to other heavy metals smacks of desperation.

The Abstract given in journals is a brief summary of the findings - as you would know if you have ever had to produce a journal. I could give you the full journal that is written for scientific understanding, if you are interested and are able to understand it.
    Nice try! But that's not what you provided is it? Or does this sound like a 'brief summary of the findings' in the abstract that I was referring to?

The controversy regarding the once widely used mercury-containing preservative thimerosal in childhood vaccines has raised many historical questions that have not been adequately explored. Why was this preservative incorporated in the first place? Was there any real evidence that it caused harm? And how did thimerosal become linked in the public mind to the “autism epidemic”?I examine the origins of the thimerosal controversy and their legacy for the debate that has followed. More specifically, I explore the parallel histories of three factors that converged to create the crisis: vaccine preservatives, mercury poisoning, and autism.
    An understanding of this history provides important lessons for physicians and policymakers seeking to preserve the public’s trust in the nation's vaccine system. NCBI

It's an outline of what they are going to explore. There are no findings.

Incidentally, abstracts are not limited to scientific studies. So you don't have to give me the benefit of your earth shattering knowledge on how to produce reports.

5. Likes Toodles McGinty liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by seivad View Post
    There are lots of reasons to doubt the existence of 'your knowledge of which I have no information about' Great English, BTW.

I can read the chart. You found it on the BMJ, so I assume that you can supply a link to it. I want to see when the study was performed, and other pertinent details. Originally you said when the vaccine, singular, was dropped. Now you're saying vaccineS, plural. I want to see which vaccine or vaccine(s) were included in the study. You do know that when you are claiming something is true, the burden of proof rests on your shoulders.

Stick with the relevant heavy metal. Attempts to deflect the topic to other heavy metals smacks of desperation.

Nice try! But that's not what you provided is it? Or does this sound like a 'brief summary of the findings' in the abstract that I was referring to?

The controversy regarding the once widely used mercury-containing preservative thimerosal in childhood vaccines has raised many historical questions that have not been adequately explored. Why was this preservative incorporated in the first place? Was there any real evidence that it caused harm? And how did thimerosal become linked in the public mind to the “autism epidemic”?I examine the origins of the thimerosal controversy and their legacy for the debate that has followed. More specifically, I explore the parallel histories of three factors that converged to create the crisis: vaccine preservatives, mercury poisoning, and autism.
    An understanding of this history provides important lessons for physicians and policymakers seeking to preserve the public’s trust in the nation's vaccine system. NCBI

It's an outline of what they are going to explore. There are no findings.

Incidentally, abstracts are not limited to scientific studies. So you don't have to give me the benefit of your earth shattering knowledge on how to produce reports.

If you were an academic, you would not pick on a variety of irrelevant points but would have been keen to discuss the topic in some depth. As I said, if you are interested to learn then I can point you in the right direction - if you are pretentiously trying to gain brownie points from google, then I am really not interested.

Likes / Dislikes
    You're very perceptive, Local. As you'll see from the image below, taken from DR's post on this thread: https://southport.qlocal.co.uk/south...5046890-13.htm

Marvin, AKA Joni, AKA Said did have 2 very sick children (I believe they are twins) who were hospitalized. Although I normally view her comments with scepticism, for some reason I tend to believe her on this one. I also sympathise with her, and I can understand why a mother would desperately try to find something to put the blame on. We can lose all rationality when it comes to our children. It's our job to protect them, but as we all know, there are so many things that are beyond our control.

Attachment 206652

Then I feel compelled to apologise to Said or whoever and temper my posts.

It's easy to kick someone when they're down and the almost manic C&P often without rationale now have context.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by said View Post
    If you were an academic, you would not pick on a variety of irrelevant points but would have been keen to discuss the topic in some depth. As I said, if you are interested to learn then I can point you in the right direction - if you are pretentiously trying to gain brownie points from google, then I am really not interested.
    No thanks. If I am interested in learning I prefer to rely on someone with the relevant academic knowledge.

By your own admission your research is lazy. Your responses are snippy little C&Ps. When asked to elaborate, or when your obvious errors are pointed out, you pretentiously claim the academic high ground. An easy, but all too obvious cop out.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by local View Post
    Then I feel compelled to apologise to Said or whoever and temper my posts.

It's easy to kick someone when they're down and the almost manic C&P often without rationale now have context.
    Maybe so, but I still don't have any time for their Covid denial, Holocaust denial, or stories about the Christchurch Mosque mass-murderer, etc.

10. Likes Toodles McGinty, local, silver fox liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Region View Post
    Maybe so, but I still don't have any time for their Covid denial, Holocaust denial, or stories about the Christchurch Mosque mass-murderer, etc.

Because my research is based on facts while your beliefs are based on media stories. One thing you must learn though - is NEVER believe all you read or are told, unless it can be backed up with five pieces of independent pieces of evidence. Failing to do that you would be wise to have an open mind at the very least.

Likes / Dislikes
    Because my research is based on facts while your beliefs are based on media stories. One thing you must learn though - is NEVER believe all you read or are told, unless it can be backed up with five pieces of independent pieces of evidence. Failing to do that you would be wise to have an open mind at the very least.
    Like the 'fact' of your review of the video of the Christchurch mass murders?

13. Likes Toodles McGinty, silver fox liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    No thanks. If I am interested in learning I prefer to rely on someone with the relevant academic knowledge.

By your own admission your research is lazy. Your responses are snippy little C&Ps. When asked to elaborate, or when your obvious errors are pointed out, you pretentiously claim the academic high ground. An easy, but all too obvious cop out.
    That is the difference - I do not have to be pretentious. I am as I am and have no desire to be anything else nor to seek personal gratification, wealth or otherwise. I am happy being who I am.

Re, your first paragraph - yes, you are easily satisfied by the media pseudo-scientists whose information you accept without question. Says all really.

15. Likes jamyramy liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes

Prof you never offer 5 independent pieces of evidence so is that never believe anything YOU write?

1 0r 2 would be a start.

Likes / Dislikes
    I don't see why "Covid19 made in lab" has been included in the chart's Science Denial segment.

Wuhan lab leak 'is now the most likely origin of Covid because Beijing tried to cover it up' and it is 'reasonable to believe virus was engineered in China', Harvard scientist tells MPs

• The Wuhan lab leak is now the most likely origin of the coronavirus pandemic, MPs have been told
    • Harvard scientist Dr Alina Chan said it is 'reasonable' to believe that Covid was engineered by China
    • She also said that Beijing's cover-up of the initial outbreak made the lab-leak hypothesis likely
    • Tory peer Lord Ridley also told the Science Select Committee a lab leak is the most likely origin

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-MPs-told.html

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Region View Post
    I don't see why "Covid19 made in lab" has been included in the chart's Science Denial segment.

Wuhan lab leak 'is now the most likely origin of Covid because Beijing tried to cover it up' and it is 'reasonable to believe virus was engineered in China', Harvard scientist tells MPs

• The Wuhan lab leak is now the most likely origin of the coronavirus pandemic, MPs have been told
    • Harvard scientist Dr Alina Chan said it is 'reasonable' to believe that Covid was engineered by China
    • She also said that Beijing's cover-up of the initial outbreak made the lab-leak hypothesis likely
    • Tory peer Lord Ridley also told the Science Select Committee a lab leak is the most likely origin

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-MPs-told.html
    That's always been my take on it.......If it wasn't so, then it's an incredible coincidence that Covid breaks out in the very same town where they were experimenting on it in a lab.
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes
    Downing Street press conference last night.

Robert Peston removes his mask stands up to ask a question.
    He makes a loud cough without covering his mouth then proceeds to berate the experts on whether Covid restrictions are enough?

27 minutes in.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLS7i1R1fBI
    Last edited by Hamble; 16/12/2021 at 02:36 PM.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by The PNP View Post
    That's always been my take on it.......If it wasn't so, then it's an incredible coincidence that Covid breaks out in the very same town where they were experimenting on it in a lab.
    The efforts to bury the lab-leak theory took various forms:

NY Times COVID Reporter Deletes Tweet Claiming ‘Racist Roots’ of ‘Lab Leak Theory’ After Backlash

https://www.thewrap.com/new-york-tim...va-mandavilli/

Then again, the New York Times does appear to be a leftist or perhaps far-left organisation.

21. Likes Hamble liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    If I was Russia or China having sleepy Joe in place seems like a dream come true which is probably why they are both massing troops.

The dopes who thought they wanted the former President and Brexit are so wide of the mark.

They would have backed red Jeremy, Remain and Hillary, who would you back to fight.

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK /
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in UK
Replacement Stove Glass in UK
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
UKUK News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)
UK MasksUK Face MasksUK KN95 MasksUK Disposable MasksUK Hand SanitiserUK Hand SanitizerUK PPEUK Bathroom SuppliesUK Cheap BathroomsUK Discount BathroomsUK Bathroom SalesUK Bathroom SuitesUK Bathroom TapsUK Basin TapsUK Bath TapsUK Kitchen TapsUK Free Standing Bath TapsUK Bath Mixer TapUK Bidet TapsUK Shower EnclosuresUK Bi Fold Shower DoorsUK Corner ShowersUK Pivot Shower DoorsUK Sliding Shower DoorsUK Shower Side PanelsUK Quadrant ShowersUK Shower TraysUK Wet-RoomsUK Bathroom ShowersUK Showers ValvesUK Showers RailsUK Showers HeadsUK Showers ArmsUK Showers HandsetsUK Showers JetsUK Showers ElbowsUK Toilet SeatsUK ToiletsUK BasinsUK Basin WastesUK Combined Toilet BasinUK Bathroom FurnitureUK BathsUK L Shaped BathUK P Shaped BathUK Bath ScreensUK SanitarywareUK Combined Toilet BasinUK StovesUK Wood StovesUK Home StovesUK Cooker StovesUK Enamel StovesUK Designer StovesUK Contemporary StovesUK Multi Fuel StovesUK Car ServicingUK MOTgUK TyresUK Car BatteryUK ExhaustUK Journalist JobsUK Reporter JobsUK Writing JobsUK Freelance WriterUK Self Employed JobsUK Franchise BusinessUK Franchise OpportunitiesUK Car InsuranceUK Cheap Car InsuranceUK Car Insurance BrokersUK Driving SchoolsUK Driving LessonsUK Driving TestUK Driving Theory TestUK Driving Instruction, 0000 UK Driving Instructor, 0000 UK VouchersUK DealsUK MatalanUK Railway SleepersUK Reclaimed SleepersUK New SleepersUK CoalUK House CoalUK Household CoalUK Smokeless CoalUK Smokeless FuelUK Coal BagsUK FirewoodUK Fire WoodUK Kiln Dried HardwoodUK Kiln Dried LogsUK Logs For SaleUK Log SuppliesUK LogsUK Firewood LogsUK Seasoned LogsUK Hardwood LogsUK Firewood SuppliersUK Firewood Log SuppliersUK Firewood Dumpy BagsUK Firewood CratesUK Cheap FirewoodUK Homefire LogsUK Cheap Firewood LogsUK Kindle ConesUK Pizza Oven LogsUK Heating OilUK Home Heating OilUK Red DieselUK White DieselUK KereseneUK Commercial FuelsUK Calor GasUK Propane GasUK Butane GasUK Heating GasUK Horse TrainingUK Horse TrainerUK Horse WhispererUK Equine WhispererUK Horse Whisperer Victoria SmithUK Rattan Garden FurnitureUK Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan SofaUK Rattan Dining SetUK Rattan DirectUK Cheap Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan Corner SofasUK Rattan Day BedsUK Rattan Sun LoungersUK Rattan Cube SetsUK Rattan Bistro SetsUK ChimeneasUK FirepitsUK Patio HeatersUK Hygiene VendingUK Washroom VendingUK Air FreshenersUK Air CareUK Aerosol SystemsUK Gel SystemsUK Water SavingUK Urinal Water SavingUK Eco CapsUK SensaflushUK Water ManagementUK Urinal DosingUK Urinal V ScreensUK Legionella Risk AssessmentUK Legionella Risk TestingUK Legionaires Risk AssessmentUK Legionella BacteriaUK Legionaires BacteriaUK Legionella ComplianceUK Legionella AdviceUK Legionella Landlords AdviceUK Legionella TestingUK Legionella CheckUK Legionella RegulationsUK Legionella Risk Assessment For LandlordsUK Legionella Water TestingUK Legionella QuoteUK Fire Stove GlassUK Heat Resistant GlassUK Fire GlassUK Stove GlassUK Fire Resistant GlassUK Replacement Stove GlassUK Glass For StovesUK Dust MatsUK Entrance MatsUK Reception MatsUK Anti Fatigue MatsUK Floor MatsUK Logo MatsUK London Washroom ServicesUK London Sanitary BinsUK London Shredding ServicesUK London Trade Waste DisposalUK London Legionella TestingUK London Clinical WasteUK Washroom ServicesUK Principal WashroomsUK Washrooms SuppliesUK Washrooms SolutionsUK Sanitary DisposalUK Sanitary BinsUK Sani BinsUK Lady BinsUK Feminine Hygiene UnitsUK Sanitary Waste DisposalUK Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Waste BinUK Sanitary Waste BinsUK Sanitary UnitsUK Feminine UnitsUK Hygiene ServicesUK Sanitary Bin SupplierUK Sanitary Bin RentalUK Sanitary Bin Rental ServicesUK Sanitary BinUK SanitarybinUK Feminine Hygiene BinsUK Female Santary BinUK Sani binUK Sani binsUK Sanibin RentalUK Sanitary BoxUK Sanitary BoxesUK Sanitary Bin QuoteUK Sanitary Bin PriceUK Sanitary Bin CostUK Sanitary Disposal QuoteUK Sanitary Disposal PriceUK Sanitary Disposal CostUK Free Duty of CareUK Tampon BinUK Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Tampon BinUK Sanitary Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Towel BinUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Feminine WasteUK Feminine Hygiene WasteUK Sanitary Waste RegulationsUK Sanitary Waste LawUK Sanitary Bins LawUK Sanitary Bins For Small BusinessUK Sanitary Bin Service CostUK Sanitary Bin Collection CostUK Disposal of Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Sanitary Towel DisposalUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK Biomass WasteUK Metal WasteUK Paper ShreddingUK Local ShreddingUK Secure ShreddingUK Confidential ShreddingUK Document DestructionUK Confidential WasteUK Confidential Waste ServiceUK Confidential Waste ServicesUK Confidential Waste ShreddingUK Confidential Waste DisposalUK Confidential Waste DestructionUK On Site ShreddingUK Off Site ShreddingUK One Off ShreddingUK Contract ShreddingUK GDPR ShreddingUK ShreddingUK Document ShreddingUK Shredding ServicesUK Mobile ShreddingUK Dental WasteUK Dental Waste DisposalUK Dental Waste LegislationUK Dental Waste ComplianceUK Accupuncture WasteUK Accupuncture Waste DisposalUK Accupuncture Waste CollectionAccupuncture Waste in UKAccupuncture Waste Disposal in UKAccupuncture Waste Collection in UKUK Acupuncture WasteUK Acupuncture Waste DisposalUK Acupuncture Waste CollectionUK Acupuncture Waste ServiceUK Acupuncture Clinical WasteUK Acupuncture SharpsUK Acupuncture NeedlesUK Beauty Salon Clincical WasteUK Beauty Salon MicrobladingUK Beauty Salon NeedlesUK Beauty Salon SharpsUK Tattoo WasteUK Tattoo Waste DisposalTattoo Waste in UKTattoo Waste Disposal in UKTattoo Waste Collection in UKTattoo Waste Compliance in UKTattoo Waste Services in UKTattoo Clinical Waste in UKTattoo Sharps in UKTattoo Needles in UKUK Sharps BinUK Sharps BinsUK Sharps CollectionUK Sharps DisposalUK Hazardous SharpsUK Non Hazardous SharpsUK Cytotoxic SharpsUK Cytostatic SharpsUK Ink BlockUK Wet_WasteUK Tattoo InkUK Drug DestructionUK Drug DisposalUK Drug DenaturingUK Unwanted DrugsUK Out Of Date DrugsUK Pest ControlUK Rodent ControlUK Bird ControlUK Bird ProofingUK Guano ControlUK Pest Call OutUK Pest PreventionUK Pest DeterrentUK Nursery WasteUK Nappy WasteUK Nappy BinUK Nappy BinsUK Nappy DisposalUK Nappy Wheelie BinUK Nursery Waste DisposalUK Nursery Waste CollectionUK Nappy Waste RegulationsUK Commercial Nappy WasteUK Nappy Disposal BinUK Nappy Waste CollectionUK Incontinence PadsUK Offensive WasteUK Human WasteUK Nursing Home WasteUK Care Home WasteUK Hazardous WasteUK Infectous WasteUK Pharmaceutical WasteUK Medicinal WasteUK Medicine WasteUK Infection ControlUK Hand SanitisersUK Clinical WasteUK Clinical Waste RemovalUK Clinical Waste CollectionUK Clinical Waste RegulationsUK Clinical Waste DisposalUK Clinical Waste ManagementUK Clinical Waste PolicyUK EA RegistrationSell my scrap van in UKWashroom Services in TarletonSanitary bins quoteGarden Services in SouthportGarden Services in OrmskirkGarden Services in FormybGarden Services in TarletonUK Path GravelUK Path GravelsUK GravelUK GravelsUK Garden Path GravelUK Decorative GravelsUK Cotswold GravelUK Bulk AggregatesUK Mass AggregatesUK Aggregates SuppliersUK Aggregate SuppliersUK Bulk Bags AggregatesUK Bulk BagsUK Mot Type 1UK Mot Type 2UK Top SoilUK Building SandUK Grit SandUK Fine SandUK Play SandUK Top Dressing SandUK Silica SandUK Mersey SandUK Kiln Dried SandUK Plastering SandUK Crusher RunUK DustUK BallestUK HardcoreUK GritUK Horticultural GritUK Alpine GritUK LimestoneUK GraniteUK Cotswold ChippingsUK Golden FlintUK MoonstoneUK Pea GravelUK Cheshire PinkUK Yorkshire CreamUK Derbyshire Peak StoneUK Green BallastUK Autumn GoldUK Pink GravelUK Blue SlateUK Plum SlateUK Grey SlateUK Welsh SlateUK Play BarkUK Chip BarkUK Christmas TreesUK Xmas TreesUK Artificial TreeUK Christmas Decorations