Name:  damienmoore-hoc.JPG
Views: 0
Size:  134.0 KB

"I welcome this investment into Southport Hospital's long-term future, following the news that Southport and Ormskirk hospitals’ partnership with St Helens and Knowsley Teaching Hospitals has helped earn the hospitals a £4.25m investment.

"As many residents will know, certain local groups and opposition party members have pushed a narrative that Southport Hospital was facing imminent closure. I have always been clear that I will fight to ensure we get the best care and safety possible for those living in Southport.

"Whilst the Covid pandemic has placed great pressures on our local health services, the brilliant staff and leadership have seen us through one of the most difficult periods imaginable. This announcement re-enforces the fact that Southport Hospital is here to stay, and patients can look forward to modern and innovative facilities.

“The £1 million investment into Southport Hospital, which will go towards a new discharge lounge, is a fantastic start to what will be a really positive period for our town's hospital. I look forward to seeing the building once completed, and to seeing the details of future projects as they are brought forward by the new hospitals’ partnership.

"Whilst the Covid pandemic has placed great pressures on our local health services, the brilliant staff and leadership have seen us through one of the most difficult periods imaginable. I would like to thank all those working in our hospital for their continued fantastic work, and to the partnership's leadership for the smooth governance transition they have overseen."