UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
1 ... LastLast
    Likes / Dislikes

Cycle Lanes Scrapped

Copied and pasted from Qlocal
    Cycle lane update:

Sefton have now released a new report on the cycle lane plans. In the report, they say that they have been unable to progress the Southport cycle lane plans as the Government stipulated that any changes needed to have 'broad public support'.

The Council have now said that they will develop new plans for improved lanes along the Formby bypass - outside of Southport!

They have also said that a decision will be made in due course on whether or not to remove the temporary lanes in our town centre. So we need to keep the pressure up.

We'll wait for more detail on the Formby plans, but this is a positive step!

Many thanks to Steve and QLocal for the heads up about the report being published!
    Last edited by justbecause; 11/01/2022 at 02:34 PM.

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by justbecause View Post
    Cycle lane update:

Sefton have now released a new report on the cycle lane plans. In the report, they say that they have been unable to progress the Southport cycle lane plans as the Government stipulated that any changes needed to have 'broad public support'.

The Council have now said that they will develop new plans for improved lanes along the Formby bypass - outside of Southport!

They have also said that a decision will be made in due course on whether or not to remove the temporary lanes in our town centre. So we need to keep the pressure up.

We'll wait for more detail on the Formby plans, but this is a positive step!

Many thanks to Steve and QLocal for the heads up about the report being published!
    Justbecause justbecareful or you will get TROLLED

Stewartli

It’s probably best to leave the cyclist/s alone after you have told them that their toy town cycle lanes plan will be stopped by the vast majority and any existing mistakes like cycle lanes on Houghton St and Queens Rd will be removed or they will troll you using accounts like PNP, LAWED, DONKEY 22 and others, it’s common knowledge that I think that one person is using all these accounts so as to make it appear there is more support (at least 3 people) for this unpopular none sense that is cycle lanes in our town.
    You might have noticed that anything I post is ridiculed, disliked and hijacked by the same few who if they can’t find anything to poo poo then say they have found fault with petty grammar but never highlight any while making mistakes of their own, and they have started it with you now. This has been allowed for far too long now, it may attract clicks and even keep a thread off topic going but all you are doing is attracting trolls that will follow you across ALL your posts, it’s best to let them just carry on thinking their voice means something while they carry on thinking it’s ok to ride without lights in dark clothing at night and pull out on motorists or ride on dual carriageways alongside cycle lanes and all the other daft dangerous stuff they do I think natural selection will filter them out and in the end we can just read about them in local news .
    They are just turds and like turds if you pick them up you will get crap on your hands, if you try and handle them you will get crap all up your arms, and if you play with them you will get covered in crap so next time you see a turd just step over it, it will rot away on its own in time . So just leave them alone Stewartli you are just fuelling them and it looks like TROLLING IS NOW ALLOWED ON THIS SITE .

4. Dislikes donkey22, carliol disliked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    What can they do to the cycle track along side the Formby by-pass?

Re tarmac it? Put more lights up? Any ideas?

Likes / Dislikes
    I think the time has come for everyone to accept, that after overwhelming opposition was raised against Sefton Council’s plans which would have severely damaged the access roads into Southport, which in turn would have had serious and detrimental consequences for the Town’s retailers, and move on.
    With the new Highway Code rules due to come out in next couple of weeks, perhaps now is a good time for ALL road users to get a copy, and read and understand them. Instead of the cycling fraternity constantly accusing drivers of trying mow down every cyclist they see, and drivers accusing cyclists of being allowed to break every rule in the book, accept that the roads are there for us all to share, and to share legally, AND safely.
    Last edited by justbecause; 11/01/2022 at 02:17 PM.

7. Likes Anon, Styx, Darkside liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by susanb View Post

I’m guessing that the Council realises that doing a bit of work on the bypass won’t attract opposition, and enable it to get a share of the Government money being offered.
    Last edited by justbecause; 11/01/2022 at 02:18 PM.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by susanb View Post

I am going to support PNP here. I'm not anticycle at all and I think the cycle lanes on the Formby Bypass are a perfect example of the improvements that need to be done for the cycling fraternity. They need to be taken up and properly re-laid then maintained to the same standard as the adjacent road surface. They are a prime example where a cycle lane should be placed.

They should be of a standard that allows ALL cyclists to use them, even those who cycle at speed.

Same with the Tarleton bypass.

10. Likes The PNP, carliol, Darkside liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by libraryguy View Post
    I am going to support PNP here. I'm not anticycle at all and I think the cycle lanes on the Formby Bypass are a perfect example of the improvements that need to be done for the cycling fraternity. They need to be taken up and properly re-laid then maintained to the same standard as the adjacent road surface. They are a prime example where a cycle lane should be placed.

They should be of a standard that allows ALL cyclists to use them, even those who cycle at speed.

You can use them for the purpose they were built for.

I use them, if you want to race as in a car go to a track.

Remember we pay nothing to use them we can't expect the same standards for bikes as cars and lorries it would be a ridiculous waste of money.

Imagine the cost of relaying all these cycle lanes to a standard to take 40 tonne lorries going at speeds bikes shouldn't be doing.

12. Likes Darkside liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    When they decided these new fangled rules they should have included that where cycle lanes are present the use of them should be MANDATORY and cycle lanes should be present next to ALL dual carriageways. As bicycles are not allowed on motorways they should not be allowed on dual carriageways but MADE to use the lanes provided. Children and the elderly will also be using these cycle lanes so a maximum speed limit should be in force let’s say 20 mph so that the big kids don’t go to fast and hurt the little kids.
    Nobody wants cyclists of any age to get hurt and nobody really wants cyclists endangering themselves riding in the middle of the road,2 abreast or 3 abreast on a dual carriageway.

14. Likes Darkside liked this post
    Dislikes donkey22 disliked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    It's not only the surface quality and width that's important, and they most certainly are. If drivers want cyclists to actually use the separate cycle tarmac, it must be kept free of tiny glass fragments and hawthorn clippings......Otherwise bikes - particularly road-bikes - will continue to be ridden on-road, specifically to avoid the curse of repeated punctures.
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by MICK/GILLY View Post
    Justbecause justbecareful or you will get TROLLED

Stewartli

It’s probably best to leave the cyclist/s alone after you have told them that their toy town cycle lanes plan will be stopped by the vast majority and any existing mistakes like cycle lanes on Houghton St and Queens Rd will be removed or they will troll you using accounts like PNP, LAWED, DONKEY 22 and others, it’s common knowledge that I think that one person is using all these accounts so as to make it appear there is more support (at least 3 people) for this unpopular none sense that is cycle lanes in our town.
    You might have noticed that anything I post is ridiculed, disliked and hijacked by the same few who if they can’t find anything to poo poo then say they have found fault with petty grammar but never highlight any while making mistakes of their own, and they have started it with you now. This has been allowed for far too long now, it may attract clicks and even keep a thread off topic going but all you are doing is attracting trolls that will follow you across ALL your posts, it’s best to let them just carry on thinking their voice means something while they carry on thinking it’s ok to ride without lights in dark clothing at night and pull out on motorists or ride on dual carriageways alongside cycle lanes and all the other daft dangerous stuff they do I think natural selection will filter them out and in the end we can just read about them in local news .
    They are just turds and like turds if you pick them up you will get crap on your hands, if you try and handle them you will get crap all up your arms, and if you play with them you will get covered in crap so next time you see a turd just step over it, it will rot away on its own in time . So just leave them alone Stewartli you are just fuelling them and it looks like TROLLING IS NOW ALLOWED ON THIS SITE .
    We have all been there Mick - don't get down to their level, be happy!

Likes / Dislikes
    There are so many other things that they could do for cyclists that would prove to be far more popular. Cycling around town is easy - easier without the cycle lanes that is but why didn't they improve the Transpennine route, or make it an off road route to Preston along the coast over the Ribble, or a Preston to Liverpool route, or improve on the coastal route toward Liverpool.

When the coastal road was closed there were hundreds of cyclists who used it. Away from town, away from other traffic - the need is there.

18. Likes Darkside liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by libraryguy View Post

I don't think many motorists are anti cycle lanes ALONGSIDE roads, I would imagine many if not most are entirely in favour, the objection is and will continue to be, simply taking chunks of already overcrowded roads to cater for a seasonal minority, all in the naive belief that there are hundreds if not thousands of wannabe cyclists who will suddenly become year round commuters, shoppers etc, just take note in winter weather how densely used the cycle lanes are.

20. Likes Stuartli, Darkside, justbecause liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by The PNP View Post
    It's not only the surface quality and width that's important, and they most certainly are. If drivers want cyclists to actually use the separate cycle tarmac, it must be kept free of tiny glass fragments and hawthorn clippings......Otherwise bikes - particularly road-bikes - will continue to be ridden on-road, specifically to avoid the curse of repeated punctures.
    I agree they should be kept clean of debris by sending one of those little council motorised brush carts along them, the old nut that the cyclists use to not use the lanes provided is ALWAYS oooh rose bush thorns will pop me little tyres, we hear that old nut pretty much every time so there should be some sort of maintenance scheduled, but who will pay for it, the unused lanes are an insult to the taxpayers as it is and if bikes didn’t go fast or were careful they wouldn’t pop their tyres or collide with children. Again I say cycle lane use should be mandatory alongside duel carriageways as the new rules allow for cyclists to ride in the centre of the road or 2 or 3 abreast, now they will interpret this as ok to do this on a dual carriageway, I can see that coming next … but you may not see them if it’s dusk or dawn if they are in dark clothing or without lights or both, bicycles are not allowed on motorways where you can do 70 mph so what is the difference between that and a dual carriageway where there is only 2 lanes and less room.

I think it would be a good idea to make cycle lanes mandatory where they are present, put them in at every dual carriageway and charge a fee for a permit to use them and a fine for not using them or using them without a permit, and free for children under 16. I don’t mean tax bicycles or charge the earth just a token gesture to pay for the installation and maintenance of them .

22. Dislikes donkey22 disliked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by The PNP View Post
    It would help if so many of these lycra clad numpties didn't ride around on bikes with tissue paper tyres. remember in the day I road miles on a bike, punctures were very rare, mainly because although I had a sports profile tyre, they had a reasonable amount of rubber and tread on them.

But of course roads and cycle tracks were free of debris of any description, no-one cut their hedges, glass bottles never got dropped, in fact everywhere was pristine clean,

24. Likes Darkside liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by MICK/GILLY View Post
    I agree they should be kept clean of debris by sending one of those little council motorised brush carts along them, the old nut that the cyclists use to not use the lanes provided is ALWAYS oooh rose bush thorns will pop me little tyres, we hear that old nut pretty much every time so there should be some sort of maintenance scheduled, but who will pay for it
    Councils maintain and keep clean pavements and roads, cycleways should be no different - at end of day it all comes out of our Council Tax. And let's not forget, cyclists pay it just like everyone does.

Several years ago living in W Lancs, I was getting a puncture or two every week, caused by using the cyclepath on Southport Rd. In the end, I even resorted to fitting solid tyres, but found they were incredibly jarring and impossible to live with.

Cycle paths alongside roads in the UK, all seem to suffer from the same problem of tiny glass particles. Whereas, paths located away from roads never seem to. The grit and glass must be coming from the roads, spun off by vehicles tyres as they zoom past.

Btw, I did try phoning Lancs County back then, to request they send out a roadsweeper. They were reluctant to do so and said it costs them £40 each time. But even when they did (very rarely) send one out, it still didn't shift all the glass and grit - duh!
    On Yer Bike!

www.20splentyforus.co.uk

1 ... LastLast
Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK /
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in UK
Replacement Stove Glass in UK
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
UKUK News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)
UK MasksUK Face MasksUK KN95 MasksUK Disposable MasksUK Hand SanitiserUK Hand SanitizerUK PPEUK Bathroom SuppliesUK Cheap BathroomsUK Discount BathroomsUK Bathroom SalesUK Bathroom SuitesUK Bathroom TapsUK Basin TapsUK Bath TapsUK Kitchen TapsUK Free Standing Bath TapsUK Bath Mixer TapUK Bidet TapsUK Shower EnclosuresUK Bi Fold Shower DoorsUK Corner ShowersUK Pivot Shower DoorsUK Sliding Shower DoorsUK Shower Side PanelsUK Quadrant ShowersUK Shower TraysUK Wet-RoomsUK Bathroom ShowersUK Showers ValvesUK Showers RailsUK Showers HeadsUK Showers ArmsUK Showers HandsetsUK Showers JetsUK Showers ElbowsUK Toilet SeatsUK ToiletsUK BasinsUK Basin WastesUK Combined Toilet BasinUK Bathroom FurnitureUK BathsUK L Shaped BathUK P Shaped BathUK Bath ScreensUK SanitarywareUK Combined Toilet BasinUK StovesUK Wood StovesUK Home StovesUK Cooker StovesUK Enamel StovesUK Designer StovesUK Contemporary StovesUK Multi Fuel StovesUK Car ServicingUK MOTgUK TyresUK Car BatteryUK ExhaustUK Journalist JobsUK Reporter JobsUK Writing JobsUK Freelance WriterUK Self Employed JobsUK Franchise BusinessUK Franchise OpportunitiesUK Car InsuranceUK Cheap Car InsuranceUK Car Insurance BrokersUK Driving SchoolsUK Driving LessonsUK Driving TestUK Driving Theory TestUK Driving Instruction, 0000 UK Driving Instructor, 0000 UK VouchersUK DealsUK MatalanUK Railway SleepersUK Reclaimed SleepersUK New SleepersUK CoalUK House CoalUK Household CoalUK Smokeless CoalUK Smokeless FuelUK Coal BagsUK FirewoodUK Fire WoodUK Kiln Dried HardwoodUK Kiln Dried LogsUK Logs For SaleUK Log SuppliesUK LogsUK Firewood LogsUK Seasoned LogsUK Hardwood LogsUK Firewood SuppliersUK Firewood Log SuppliersUK Firewood Dumpy BagsUK Firewood CratesUK Cheap FirewoodUK Homefire LogsUK Cheap Firewood LogsUK Kindle ConesUK Pizza Oven LogsUK Heating OilUK Home Heating OilUK Red DieselUK White DieselUK KereseneUK Commercial FuelsUK Calor GasUK Propane GasUK Butane GasUK Heating GasUK Horse TrainingUK Horse TrainerUK Horse WhispererUK Equine WhispererUK Horse Whisperer Victoria SmithUK Rattan Garden FurnitureUK Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan SofaUK Rattan Dining SetUK Rattan DirectUK Cheap Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan Corner SofasUK Rattan Day BedsUK Rattan Sun LoungersUK Rattan Cube SetsUK Rattan Bistro SetsUK ChimeneasUK FirepitsUK Patio HeatersUK Hygiene VendingUK Washroom VendingUK Air FreshenersUK Air CareUK Aerosol SystemsUK Gel SystemsUK Water SavingUK Urinal Water SavingUK Eco CapsUK SensaflushUK Water ManagementUK Urinal DosingUK Urinal V ScreensUK Legionella Risk AssessmentUK Legionella Risk TestingUK Legionaires Risk AssessmentUK Legionella BacteriaUK Legionaires BacteriaUK Legionella ComplianceUK Legionella AdviceUK Legionella Landlords AdviceUK Legionella TestingUK Legionella CheckUK Legionella RegulationsUK Legionella Risk Assessment For LandlordsUK Legionella Water TestingUK Legionella QuoteUK Fire Stove GlassUK Heat Resistant GlassUK Fire GlassUK Stove GlassUK Fire Resistant GlassUK Replacement Stove GlassUK Glass For StovesUK Dust MatsUK Entrance MatsUK Reception MatsUK Anti Fatigue MatsUK Floor MatsUK Logo MatsUK London Washroom ServicesUK London Sanitary BinsUK London Shredding ServicesUK London Trade Waste DisposalUK London Legionella TestingUK London Clinical WasteUK Washroom ServicesUK Principal WashroomsUK Washrooms SuppliesUK Washrooms SolutionsUK Sanitary DisposalUK Sanitary BinsUK Sani BinsUK Lady BinsUK Feminine Hygiene UnitsUK Sanitary Waste DisposalUK Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Waste BinUK Sanitary Waste BinsUK Sanitary UnitsUK Feminine UnitsUK Hygiene ServicesUK Sanitary Bin SupplierUK Sanitary Bin RentalUK Sanitary Bin Rental ServicesUK Sanitary BinUK SanitarybinUK Feminine Hygiene BinsUK Female Santary BinUK Sani binUK Sani binsUK Sanibin RentalUK Sanitary BoxUK Sanitary BoxesUK Sanitary Bin QuoteUK Sanitary Bin PriceUK Sanitary Bin CostUK Sanitary Disposal QuoteUK Sanitary Disposal PriceUK Sanitary Disposal CostUK Free Duty of CareUK Tampon BinUK Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Tampon BinUK Sanitary Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Towel BinUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Feminine WasteUK Feminine Hygiene WasteUK Sanitary Waste RegulationsUK Sanitary Waste LawUK Sanitary Bins LawUK Sanitary Bins For Small BusinessUK Sanitary Bin Service CostUK Sanitary Bin Collection CostUK Disposal of Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Sanitary Towel DisposalUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK Biomass WasteUK Metal WasteUK Paper ShreddingUK Local ShreddingUK Secure ShreddingUK Confidential ShreddingUK Document DestructionUK Confidential WasteUK Confidential Waste ServiceUK Confidential Waste ServicesUK Confidential Waste ShreddingUK Confidential Waste DisposalUK Confidential Waste DestructionUK On Site ShreddingUK Off Site ShreddingUK One Off ShreddingUK Contract ShreddingUK GDPR ShreddingUK ShreddingUK Document ShreddingUK Shredding ServicesUK Mobile ShreddingUK Dental WasteUK Dental Waste DisposalUK Dental Waste LegislationUK Dental Waste ComplianceUK Accupuncture WasteUK Accupuncture Waste DisposalUK Accupuncture Waste CollectionAccupuncture Waste in UKAccupuncture Waste Disposal in UKAccupuncture Waste Collection in UKUK Acupuncture WasteUK Acupuncture Waste DisposalUK Acupuncture Waste CollectionUK Acupuncture Waste ServiceUK Acupuncture Clinical WasteUK Acupuncture SharpsUK Acupuncture NeedlesUK Beauty Salon Clincical WasteUK Beauty Salon MicrobladingUK Beauty Salon NeedlesUK Beauty Salon SharpsUK Tattoo WasteUK Tattoo Waste DisposalTattoo Waste in UKTattoo Waste Disposal in UKTattoo Waste Collection in UKTattoo Waste Compliance in UKTattoo Waste Services in UKTattoo Clinical Waste in UKTattoo Sharps in UKTattoo Needles in UKUK Sharps BinUK Sharps BinsUK Sharps CollectionUK Sharps DisposalUK Hazardous SharpsUK Non Hazardous SharpsUK Cytotoxic SharpsUK Cytostatic SharpsUK Ink BlockUK Wet_WasteUK Tattoo InkUK Drug DestructionUK Drug DisposalUK Drug DenaturingUK Unwanted DrugsUK Out Of Date DrugsUK Pest ControlUK Rodent ControlUK Bird ControlUK Bird ProofingUK Guano ControlUK Pest Call OutUK Pest PreventionUK Pest DeterrentUK Nursery WasteUK Nappy WasteUK Nappy BinUK Nappy BinsUK Nappy DisposalUK Nappy Wheelie BinUK Nursery Waste DisposalUK Nursery Waste CollectionUK Nappy Waste RegulationsUK Commercial Nappy WasteUK Nappy Disposal BinUK Nappy Waste CollectionUK Incontinence PadsUK Offensive WasteUK Human WasteUK Nursing Home WasteUK Care Home WasteUK Hazardous WasteUK Infectous WasteUK Pharmaceutical WasteUK Medicinal WasteUK Medicine WasteUK Infection ControlUK Hand SanitisersUK Clinical WasteUK Clinical Waste RemovalUK Clinical Waste CollectionUK Clinical Waste RegulationsUK Clinical Waste DisposalUK Clinical Waste ManagementUK Clinical Waste PolicyUK EA RegistrationSell my scrap van in UKWashroom Services in TarletonSanitary bins quoteGarden Services in SouthportGarden Services in OrmskirkGarden Services in FormybGarden Services in TarletonUK Path GravelUK Path GravelsUK GravelUK GravelsUK Garden Path GravelUK Decorative GravelsUK Cotswold GravelUK Bulk AggregatesUK Mass AggregatesUK Aggregates SuppliersUK Aggregate SuppliersUK Bulk Bags AggregatesUK Bulk BagsUK Mot Type 1UK Mot Type 2UK Top SoilUK Building SandUK Grit SandUK Fine SandUK Play SandUK Top Dressing SandUK Silica SandUK Mersey SandUK Kiln Dried SandUK Plastering SandUK Crusher RunUK DustUK BallestUK HardcoreUK GritUK Horticultural GritUK Alpine GritUK LimestoneUK GraniteUK Cotswold ChippingsUK Golden FlintUK MoonstoneUK Pea GravelUK Cheshire PinkUK Yorkshire CreamUK Derbyshire Peak StoneUK Green BallastUK Autumn GoldUK Pink GravelUK Blue SlateUK Plum SlateUK Grey SlateUK Welsh SlateUK Play BarkUK Chip BarkUK Christmas TreesUK Xmas TreesUK Artificial TreeUK Christmas Decorations