UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found

1. Published on: 18/01/2022 05:34 PMReported by: editor
    Name:  trackntrace.JPG
Views: 0
Size:  89.2 KB

Friends of Southport have started a poll today with the following question:

Do you feel restrictions should be put on those that refuse to have the vaccine?

CLICK HERE TO TAKE PART

Many businesses in the UK are already telling employees that they will only be entitled to statutory sick pay if off work with Covid if not vaccinated.

Care home workers already must be vaccinated to keep their employment. The same is proposed for NHS workers.

Other countries in Europe are already imposing restrictions such as banning entry to bars, restuarants and other entertainment venues if not vaccinated.

2. Likes town36 liked this post

3. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk

Your Comments:

4. MICK/GILLY says:18/01/2022 06:09 PM
    Many businesses in the UK are already telling employees that they will ONLY be entitled to statutory sick pay if off work with Covid if NOT vaccinated.

So if you get vaccinated and then get covid and go off work you won’t get statutory sick pay, ha ha are you sure that this is not a misprint.

You can’t go to work with covid anyway and I am not sure it’s up to your employer if you get SSP.

5. r4dent says:18/01/2022 07:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MICK/GILLY View Post
    Many businesses in the UK are already telling employees that they will ONLY be entitled to statutory sick pay if off work with Covid if NOT vaccinated.So if you get vaccinated and then get covid and go off work you won’t get statutory sick pay, ha ha are you sure that this is not a misprint.You can’t go to work with covid anyway and I am not sure it’s up to your employer if you get SSP.
    It isn't a misprint. Business have to pay people SSP when they are off work sick (that is why it is "Statutory).Many businesses pay people more than SSP when they are off sick often continuing to give them their full normal wage. Business are saying that if unvacinated people are off work with Covid or needing to isolate, then the employee is partly to blame for their absence. As a consequence the business will pay SSP and not a penny more.Vacinated people will get SSP plus any extra pay the employer currently makes.Sounds fair to me.
    Last edited by r4dent; 19/01/2022 at 11:06 AM.

6. Likes town36 liked this post
  7. local says:18/01/2022 08:07 PM
    It's a whole new turn in our country, previously you could take risks with yours and others health at their expense.

Now you want to take your own route and there are consequences.

Interesting precedent.

As health care gets increasingly expensive this was always going to happen but Covid has accelerated the process.

Were going to have to look after ourselves a bit better it seems.

Stand by for a lot of protests.

8. Likes town36, ieddy liked this post
  9. MICK/GILLY says:18/01/2022 08:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by r4dent View Post
    It isn't a misprint.

Business have to pay people SSP when they are off work sick (that is why it is "Statutory).

Many businesses pay people more than SSP when they are off sick often continuing to give them their full normal wage. S

Business are saying that if unvacinated people are off work with Covid or needing to isolate, then the employee is partly to blame for their absence. As a consequence the business will pay SSP and not a penny more.

Vacinated people will get SSP plus any extra pay the employer currently makes.

Sounds fair to me.
    Oh yea I see how it could be read 2 ways, on first glance it looked like it would pay not to get vaccinated and I thought that was a misprint as it didn’t ring right but now you have explained it I understand it better yes I see that IF a company wants to pay more they will, I also thought it was the government that payed this but you learn something every day and today I have learned this. So the company MUST pay £96.35 a week for up to 28 weeks but a good company may pay more but not if you are not vaccinated, that sounds more like it yea but how much more sick pay is a good company likely to pay? and if it’s only a small amount or any at all for a short time anyway is this really an incentive for someone that doesn’t want the vaccine anyway out of fear that it may be dangerous to them. ( due to research or misinformation or however you want to look at it ) They may think well if I get vaccinated twice and then a booster I could catch covid anyway and I would be off a couple of weeks or so and given that my company may pay me another let’s say £50 they would rather not take the chance just like they didn’t want a free slice of pizza with a shot or a burger or the incentive of a few pounds may change their minds about the perceived risks one way or the other . No I think people have already made their minds up one way or the other . Some have got the jab and some haven’t and a few pennies won’t change peoples minds like I say one way or another.

10. Likes local, town36 liked this post
  11. MICK/GILLY says:18/01/2022 09:06 PM
    Oops I seemed to have duplicated that post sorry about that, it seems I don’t know everything and I am not perfect and have pressed the wrong button .

12. MICK/GILLY says:18/01/2022 09:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by local View Post
    It's a whole new turn in our country, previously you could take risks with yours and others health at their expense.

Interesting precedent.

As health care gets increasingly expensive this was always going to happen but Covid has accelerated the process.

If a company has to pay SSP that’s not much of a consequence and there’s nothing new or different about this and I have never heard of a company paying more SSP than they have to nobody will protest unless they didn’t pay any SSP.

What do we want “ more than we are entitled to”
    When do we want it ….

13. Likes town36 liked this post
  14. donkey22 says:18/01/2022 11:20 PM
    If a company has to pay SSP that’s not much of a consequence and there’s nothing new or different about this and I have never heard of a company paying more SSP than they have to nobody will protest unless they didn’t pay any SSP.

What do we want “ more than we are entitled to”
    When do we want it ….
    After a qualifying period, the company I work for pay full rate of pay when you’re off sick short/long term. Most decent companies do this.

15. MICK/GILLY says:19/01/2022 12:42 AM
    I always had a good attendance record and never got ill when I worked for different companies but I have heard of being paid when off sick so long at a high percentage of your normal pay then in time it gradually fell down to SSP. ( Maybe I am getting mixed up with maternity pay ), I think this might have been at the toffee factory. So how long do you have to work for your company before they pay full money for being off sick and will they pay that for long term illnesses forever more or will it gradually reduce over time. You don’t have to get the vaccine to work for your company though do you ?.
    Just looked at that poll 29 votes each, that suggests half the people have had the jab, and half or more haven’t maybe the 11 don't knows haven’t cos if they had they would be voting should have the jab to get paid more. Maybe the figures on the news might not be as true as you think . I am lucky to not have an opinion I am skipping the flack as medically exempt phh . It’s obvious what I think but I wouldn’t want to attempt to influence folk one way or the sheep way, I mean the other ..
    I think most companies will just pay what they need to..
    The likes of ASDA will pay 11 weeks a year sick pay after you have worked there for 12 weeks. Then it’s back down to SSP. But lots of Asda workers are complaining that Asda are cheating them of their sick pay often making them use their holidays when sick or isolating and the GMB union are not helping them much .
    See staff comments
    https://www.retailgazette.co.uk/blog...iven-full-pay/
    Last edited by MICK/GILLY; 19/01/2022 at 01:47 AM.

16. Alikado says:19/01/2022 10:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by local View Post

Interesting precedent.

and court cases.

17. jayjay2000 says:19/01/2022 10:49 AM
    It's difficult to come to a solid decision on all this due to the very vague scientific information we are being provided with - in fact my faith in scientists has dropped dramatically since 2020.
    We've lost count of the number of people who are jabbed and boosted like us but who have gone on to catch Covid-19 again - a few even twice or more. This was not what we were led to believe when the vaccines were revealed.
    The story is that at least by having the jab the population will be less likely to develop serious Covid symptoms - but I have yet to see a peer-reviewed large sample experiment e.g. out of a sample of 50k people the 25k who were jabbed had just 1% admission to hospital due to serious symptoms whereas the 25k who were not jabbed experienced 20% admissions. This is odd because given that the vaccines had been allowed to have a drastically shortened test period in the first place it makes it even more vital to run such experiments in the year after they have been released.
    Ditto the rate of infectability - they've admitted that it is still possible to pass the virus on after being infected but not quoted any peer-reviewed experiments to explain this (if anyone knows of links to any then useful to post here).
    The government have clearly briefed the newspapers to push the line that anyone who has doubts about full population vaccination (as opposed to vaccination of vulnerable people) is barking mad which of course will only make saner people with understandable doubts even more reluctant. When numerous doctors and professors (and even the guy who invented the mRNA vccine) voice doubts about certain vaccine applications it is understandable that some people might be hesitant. Also now that it has become a moneymaker - Pfizer making 35bn dollars plus so far - the science is bound to become even more dubious.
    If you really look at what we are being told about the application of the vaccine you do begin to see large holes. For example we were first told that 2 shots were enough. Then suddenly it was revealed that actually 2 were not enough as antibodies waned after x months. So a 3rd shot ('booster') was necessary. But we haven't been told how long this shot keeps antibodies at a suitable level - or if this booster wanes as well. If so does every shot 'wane' in which case we would need to be vaccinated say every 6 months. Or is it like filling a bottle and the 3rd booster hits 100% and protection does not wane? (Israel seem to think not as they are giving a 4th shot).
    Or is herd immunity a 'real thing' now and the government are just playing for time and relying on temporary vaccine immunity in order to outrun the virus or wait for the virus to diminish in severity? Previously 'herd immunity' was dismissed as ridiculous but now I see it is being mentioned frequently. Ditto natural immunity via previous infection without vaccine - now I am seeing articles frequently mentioning both vaccinated immunity and immunity via prior infection as being equally good (though again no peer-reviewed large scale experiments). If so then why are we wasting vaccine on already-infected individuals (especially since other parts of the world are crying out for vaccines). All very bizarre if you really try to think about it in a balanced way.
    Remember when we were all told that 'fatty food' was the thing to avoid by scientists then years later it came out that in fact fat was fine but it was sugar that we should really avoid for obesity? It was revealed that a few scientists at the top had taken bungs from the sugar industry and the rest of the scientists had just followed like sheep.
    Bottom line is that we need better quality science and journalism - anything else is just regurgitation of unproven facts and bad for us and the planet. Over and out.

18. r4dent says:19/01/2022 11:23 AM
    how much more sick pay is a good company likely to pay? and if it’s only a small amount or any at all for a short time anyway is this really an incentive for someone that doesn’t want the vaccine anyway
    The living wage is just under £10 an hour, so vaccinated full time employees will get at least £300 a week more than unvaccinated staff. Someone on £50k pa will get about £900 a week extra if they are vaccinated.

I have never heard of a company paying more SSP than they have to nobody will protest unless they didn’t pay any SSP.
    Depends on which employment sector you are in.
    Most salaried staff get full pay when they are sick. Between leaving University and rerirement I was always on full pay for sick pay, but didn't get paid overtime. Swings and roundabouts.

After my heart attack I was off work for 5 months, and then on "reduced hours light duties"for another 3 months, but I got my full pay for all this time.

19. MICK/GILLY says:19/01/2022 11:38 AM
    That’s a good way of saying they are making it up as they go along and the majority are being fooled into thinking they are cleverer than the minority that actually think before they just go along with it. What makes me laugh is those that just go along with it and ridicule the ones that don’t, not only are they believing the make it up as you go along ignoring the makers recommendations rhetoric to speed up the promised rollout of the miracle cure that so far has only saved the Tory party and putting themselves at risk injecting unknown untested and according to the makers ineffective and dangerous chemicals into themselves and their children while ridiculing and demonising others for not being blind and stupid like them, they are the proper brainwashed masses simple heads but you can’t say that they get offended as they believe they are protecting everyone else they have bern fooled that much and after the 3rd session of ignorance they dare not stop and think as it’s too late for them they are invested now and better be right while they drop like flies from heart attacks, strokes, blood clots and other assorted failures that they think is rare but in fact is just not being reported as much as it should. This sort of talk will make some of them mad as they realise what fools they have been and what they have done to themselves and their children and they will argue like hell name calling and quoting government make it up as you go along rhetoric .
    https://share.icloud.com/photos/075R...gVRH1yFzg#Home

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0feH...mRNHUX9p02V9vA

20. MICK/GILLY says:19/01/2022 11:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by r4dent View Post
    The living wage is just under £10 an hour, so vaccinated full time employees will get at least £300 a week more than unvaccinated staff. Someone on £50k pa will get about £900 a week extra if they are vaccinated.

Depends on which employment sector you are in.
    Most salaried staff get full pay when they are sick. Between leaving University and rerirement I was always on full pay for sick pay, but didn't get paid overtime. Swings and roundabouts.

After my heart attack I was off work for 5 months, and then on "reduced hours light duties"for another 3 months, but I got my full pay for all this time.
    £900 a week blimey . I am talking about normal people in normal jobs tho.And you won’t be getting full pay for evermore, or much more than 3 months and this will be your standard contract in your line of employment and will have nothing to do with if you are vaccinated or not.

21. r4dent says:19/01/2022 12:14 PM
    £900 a week blimey . I am talking about normal people in normal jobs tho..
    Do you read posts before you comment on them?
    You asked how much companies will pay.
    I answered by illustrating two situations. Someone on living wage and someone on £50k pa.
    And you won’t be getting full pay for evermore, or much more than 3 months.
    Not sure where you get the 3 months from.
    As you correctly said it is in the employment contract.
    With that company it was a year full pay and then 6 months half pay.
    With a previous company it was dependent on service with a min of 1 year and a max of 5 years full pay.
    Never had a contract that stipulated less than 6 months.

Not sure where you are going with your logic.
    The reduction in pay only relates to Covid related absence which tends to be a week but some people can be off for a year.
    My view is that non vaccination increase the likelihood of Covid absence (and not only because of different isolation rules) and it is reasonable for an employer to take this into account when deciding on the level of benefits you receive.

Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK /
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in UK
Replacement Stove Glass in UK
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
UKUK News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)
UK MasksUK Face MasksUK KN95 MasksUK Disposable MasksUK Hand SanitiserUK Hand SanitizerUK PPEUK Bathroom SuppliesUK Cheap BathroomsUK Discount BathroomsUK Bathroom SalesUK Bathroom SuitesUK Bathroom TapsUK Basin TapsUK Bath TapsUK Kitchen TapsUK Free Standing Bath TapsUK Bath Mixer TapUK Bidet TapsUK Shower EnclosuresUK Bi Fold Shower DoorsUK Corner ShowersUK Pivot Shower DoorsUK Sliding Shower DoorsUK Shower Side PanelsUK Quadrant ShowersUK Shower TraysUK Wet-RoomsUK Bathroom ShowersUK Showers ValvesUK Showers RailsUK Showers HeadsUK Showers ArmsUK Showers HandsetsUK Showers JetsUK Showers ElbowsUK Toilet SeatsUK ToiletsUK BasinsUK Basin WastesUK Combined Toilet BasinUK Bathroom FurnitureUK BathsUK L Shaped BathUK P Shaped BathUK Bath ScreensUK SanitarywareUK Combined Toilet BasinUK StovesUK Wood StovesUK Home StovesUK Cooker StovesUK Enamel StovesUK Designer StovesUK Contemporary StovesUK Multi Fuel StovesUK Car ServicingUK MOTgUK TyresUK Car BatteryUK ExhaustUK Journalist JobsUK Reporter JobsUK Writing JobsUK Freelance WriterUK Self Employed JobsUK Franchise BusinessUK Franchise OpportunitiesUK Car InsuranceUK Cheap Car InsuranceUK Car Insurance BrokersUK Driving SchoolsUK Driving LessonsUK Driving TestUK Driving Theory TestUK Driving Instruction, 0000 UK Driving Instructor, 0000 UK VouchersUK DealsUK MatalanUK Railway SleepersUK Reclaimed SleepersUK New SleepersUK CoalUK House CoalUK Household CoalUK Smokeless CoalUK Smokeless FuelUK Coal BagsUK FirewoodUK Fire WoodUK Kiln Dried HardwoodUK Kiln Dried LogsUK Logs For SaleUK Log SuppliesUK LogsUK Firewood LogsUK Seasoned LogsUK Hardwood LogsUK Firewood SuppliersUK Firewood Log SuppliersUK Firewood Dumpy BagsUK Firewood CratesUK Cheap FirewoodUK Homefire LogsUK Cheap Firewood LogsUK Kindle ConesUK Pizza Oven LogsUK Heating OilUK Home Heating OilUK Red DieselUK White DieselUK KereseneUK Commercial FuelsUK Calor GasUK Propane GasUK Butane GasUK Heating GasUK Horse TrainingUK Horse TrainerUK Horse WhispererUK Equine WhispererUK Horse Whisperer Victoria SmithUK Rattan Garden FurnitureUK Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan SofaUK Rattan Dining SetUK Rattan DirectUK Cheap Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan Corner SofasUK Rattan Day BedsUK Rattan Sun LoungersUK Rattan Cube SetsUK Rattan Bistro SetsUK ChimeneasUK FirepitsUK Patio HeatersUK Hygiene VendingUK Washroom VendingUK Air FreshenersUK Air CareUK Aerosol SystemsUK Gel SystemsUK Water SavingUK Urinal Water SavingUK Eco CapsUK SensaflushUK Water ManagementUK Urinal DosingUK Urinal V ScreensUK Legionella Risk AssessmentUK Legionella Risk TestingUK Legionaires Risk AssessmentUK Legionella BacteriaUK Legionaires BacteriaUK Legionella ComplianceUK Legionella AdviceUK Legionella Landlords AdviceUK Legionella TestingUK Legionella CheckUK Legionella RegulationsUK Legionella Risk Assessment For LandlordsUK Legionella Water TestingUK Legionella QuoteUK Fire Stove GlassUK Heat Resistant GlassUK Fire GlassUK Stove GlassUK Fire Resistant GlassUK Replacement Stove GlassUK Glass For StovesUK Dust MatsUK Entrance MatsUK Reception MatsUK Anti Fatigue MatsUK Floor MatsUK Logo MatsUK London Washroom ServicesUK London Sanitary BinsUK London Shredding ServicesUK London Trade Waste DisposalUK London Legionella TestingUK London Clinical WasteUK Washroom ServicesUK Principal WashroomsUK Washrooms SuppliesUK Washrooms SolutionsUK Sanitary DisposalUK Sanitary BinsUK Sani BinsUK Lady BinsUK Feminine Hygiene UnitsUK Sanitary Waste DisposalUK Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Waste BinUK Sanitary Waste BinsUK Sanitary UnitsUK Feminine UnitsUK Hygiene ServicesUK Sanitary Bin SupplierUK Sanitary Bin RentalUK Sanitary Bin Rental ServicesUK Sanitary BinUK SanitarybinUK Feminine Hygiene BinsUK Female Santary BinUK Sani binUK Sani binsUK Sanibin RentalUK Sanitary BoxUK Sanitary BoxesUK Sanitary Bin QuoteUK Sanitary Bin PriceUK Sanitary Bin CostUK Sanitary Disposal QuoteUK Sanitary Disposal PriceUK Sanitary Disposal CostUK Free Duty of CareUK Tampon BinUK Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Tampon BinUK Sanitary Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Towel BinUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Feminine WasteUK Feminine Hygiene WasteUK Sanitary Waste RegulationsUK Sanitary Waste LawUK Sanitary Bins LawUK Sanitary Bins For Small BusinessUK Sanitary Bin Service CostUK Sanitary Bin Collection CostUK Disposal of Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Sanitary Towel DisposalUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK Biomass WasteUK Metal WasteUK Paper ShreddingUK Local ShreddingUK Secure ShreddingUK Confidential ShreddingUK Document DestructionUK Confidential WasteUK Confidential Waste ServiceUK Confidential Waste ServicesUK Confidential Waste ShreddingUK Confidential Waste DisposalUK Confidential Waste DestructionUK On Site ShreddingUK Off Site ShreddingUK One Off ShreddingUK Contract ShreddingUK GDPR ShreddingUK ShreddingUK Document ShreddingUK Shredding ServicesUK Mobile ShreddingUK Dental WasteUK Dental Waste DisposalUK Dental Waste LegislationUK Dental Waste ComplianceUK Accupuncture WasteUK Accupuncture Waste DisposalUK Accupuncture Waste CollectionAccupuncture Waste in UKAccupuncture Waste Disposal in UKAccupuncture Waste Collection in UKUK Acupuncture WasteUK Acupuncture Waste DisposalUK Acupuncture Waste CollectionUK Acupuncture Waste ServiceUK Acupuncture Clinical WasteUK Acupuncture SharpsUK Acupuncture NeedlesUK Beauty Salon Clincical WasteUK Beauty Salon MicrobladingUK Beauty Salon NeedlesUK Beauty Salon SharpsUK Tattoo WasteUK Tattoo Waste DisposalTattoo Waste in UKTattoo Waste Disposal in UKTattoo Waste Collection in UKTattoo Waste Compliance in UKTattoo Waste Services in UKTattoo Clinical Waste in UKTattoo Sharps in UKTattoo Needles in UKUK Sharps BinUK Sharps BinsUK Sharps CollectionUK Sharps DisposalUK Hazardous SharpsUK Non Hazardous SharpsUK Cytotoxic SharpsUK Cytostatic SharpsUK Ink BlockUK Wet_WasteUK Tattoo InkUK Drug DestructionUK Drug DisposalUK Drug DenaturingUK Unwanted DrugsUK Out Of Date DrugsUK Pest ControlUK Rodent ControlUK Bird ControlUK Bird ProofingUK Guano ControlUK Pest Call OutUK Pest PreventionUK Pest DeterrentUK Nursery WasteUK Nappy WasteUK Nappy BinUK Nappy BinsUK Nappy DisposalUK Nappy Wheelie BinUK Nursery Waste DisposalUK Nursery Waste CollectionUK Nappy Waste RegulationsUK Commercial Nappy WasteUK Nappy Disposal BinUK Nappy Waste CollectionUK Incontinence PadsUK Offensive WasteUK Human WasteUK Nursing Home WasteUK Care Home WasteUK Hazardous WasteUK Infectous WasteUK Pharmaceutical WasteUK Medicinal WasteUK Medicine WasteUK Infection ControlUK Hand SanitisersUK Clinical WasteUK Clinical Waste RemovalUK Clinical Waste CollectionUK Clinical Waste RegulationsUK Clinical Waste DisposalUK Clinical Waste ManagementUK Clinical Waste PolicyUK EA RegistrationSell my scrap van in UKWashroom Services in TarletonSanitary bins quoteGarden Services in SouthportGarden Services in OrmskirkGarden Services in FormybGarden Services in TarletonUK Path GravelUK Path GravelsUK GravelUK GravelsUK Garden Path GravelUK Decorative GravelsUK Cotswold GravelUK Bulk AggregatesUK Mass AggregatesUK Aggregates SuppliersUK Aggregate SuppliersUK Bulk Bags AggregatesUK Bulk BagsUK Mot Type 1UK Mot Type 2UK Top SoilUK Building SandUK Grit SandUK Fine SandUK Play SandUK Top Dressing SandUK Silica SandUK Mersey SandUK Kiln Dried SandUK Plastering SandUK Crusher RunUK DustUK BallestUK HardcoreUK GritUK Horticultural GritUK Alpine GritUK LimestoneUK GraniteUK Cotswold ChippingsUK Golden FlintUK MoonstoneUK Pea GravelUK Cheshire PinkUK Yorkshire CreamUK Derbyshire Peak StoneUK Green BallastUK Autumn GoldUK Pink GravelUK Blue SlateUK Plum SlateUK Grey SlateUK Welsh SlateUK Play BarkUK Chip BarkUK Christmas TreesUK Xmas TreesUK Artificial TreeUK Christmas Decorations